PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Kyoukai no Rinne

Death BOO Z
Sun, 04-04-2010, 06:43 PM
http://mangahelpers.com/m/kyoukai-no-rinne

the new manga by Rumiko Takahashi (Inuyasha, Ranma, Maison Ikukko, Urusei Yatsura, Mermaid forest... and many more), brings back the familiar style.

the plot looks like Bleach/Yuu Yuu Hakusho (gender flipped, normal girl, shinigami boy and no fights) with a dash of classic 'solve the mystery'. if you like Rumiko, you're gonna read this, and if not, this doesn't seem like the series that will change your mind.
so far, it's enjoyable. but the English scans don't come out as fast as the other languages (they're almost 20 chapters behind), so if anyone has a better source, I'll be happy to know it.

Munsu
Sun, 04-04-2010, 08:47 PM
I've read a couple of chapters, didn't have the motivation to read more at the moment. Maybe I'll get around it now... I'll try to catch-up within a couple of weeks or so.

Archangel
Mon, 04-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Wow i can see this tags function getting really old really fast

Death BOO Z
Tue, 07-09-2013, 07:52 AM
so, as part of my recent manga-binge, I've gone back to reading this.
actually really liked it. 140 chapters, so far. not too many reoccurring characters, classic rumiko looks, fun atmosphere.

I really enjoyed the 'poverty' gags. every tool (hey, remember that Yusuke had tools in the first episodes? and then he put on the ring and it turned into finger blasting laser fights?) has it's priced shown when it's used, and the cheapstake-ness of the characters really shows.