PDA

View Full Version : Ranma 1/2 - Deep Sleep Incense OAV

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-04-2010, 03:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/i1.jpg

Based on a manga story from Ranma ½ volume 34.

http://www.furinkan.com/features/articles/itsarumicworld.html

Twelve years after the final OVA was shown, and the end of the manga, a new piece of Ranma ½ animation was made for the "It's a Rumic World" exhibition of Rumiko Takahashi's artwork. The new 30 minute special is based on the "Nightmare! Incense of Spring Sleep" manga story from volume 34, and was shown on odd numbered days at the "It's A Rumic World" exhibition in Tokyo from July 30th to August 11th. together with two other specials for Urusei Yatsura and Ranma 1/2.
source: wikipedia

On January 29, 2010 a limited edition “It’s a Rumic World Special Anime Box” DVD collection was released which contains all three specials.

As you can guess from my nickname, I was pleasently surprised when I recently found this OAV subbed. Its been 2 years since it was shown in Japan in the Rumic World Exhibition and it was finally released on DVD a few months ago.

As a Ranma fan it brough a tremendous grin to my face through all the episode. Specially since we got to see many characters that weren't shown or didn't had enough screentime on the animated series.

Unlimited Translation Works Ranma Deep Sleep Incense OAV (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BUTW%5D_Ranma_-_Akumu_Shunminko_%5Bx264-480p%5D%5B6B646996%5D.mkv.torrent)

TwisT
Sun, 04-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Why is Inuyasha & Co in the picture? If i remember right i have seen one or two episodes from one of the Ranma series but i can't remember Inuyasha.

RyougaZell
Sun, 04-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Why is Inuyasha & Co in the picture? If i remember right i have seen one or two episodes from one of the Ranma series but i can't remember Inuyasha.

Because the OAV starts with a small crossover between Ranma, Lum and InuYasha. Also, the DVD from where this OAV came, came bundled with one OAV for each of the 3 series. The only one I found subbed is this one though (and of which Im interested as well...)

I think that picture is from the DVD set.

Kraco
Sun, 04-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Ranma was one of the first manga I ever read. If not the first. I should have a look at this.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 04-04-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm readying myself to be disappointed.
who am I kidding? I'm gonna love this.
/me is a Rumiko fanboy

edit: impressions:
1. it's weird watching digitalized boobs with my younger brother behind my back.

2. in her dreams, Akane looks much more well endowed, and somehow makes the connection between Ryoga and P-chan. and for some reason, she thinks of Kodachi as her big bad. and not of Ukyo (who's got the best start in the ranma race) or Shampoo (who gets the most psychial contact with him).

3. Ranma saying "whats up with this Jakki" (demon energy), as if watching this back to back with Inuyasha wasn't enough.

4. Akane looked really weird, and so did Ukyo and Nabiki.

all in all, it was the same filler grade story type. remember (if you've read the manga) all the stories that didn't make it into the anime? l'm not talking about the finale with Saffron. there's the Mink arc. the story about the guy pretending to be Ranma, the story with Ranma's mom ring... they'd make such a better short than this one...

5. why didn't anyone from Maison Ikkoku get into the short before it? not even a goddamn cameo? it's Maison Ikkoku for crying out loud, it was a 25 volume story, with a 90 ep anime, and lots of movies\ova. doesn't it deserve a mention?

6. I have a serious problem. I'm a Rumiko fanboy that hates every thing.

7. At the end Akane mentions dreaming about Kissing Ranma. her body language makes it seem like she enjoyed the dream, but in the dream sequence, it looks like he's forcing himself on her, and that she's fighting him off (legs flailing and all). that's somewhat fucked up. besides, we're 18 years after the anime ended (it started at 1989, so it's basically almost as old as I am), can't they seem a little bit more like the final volumes, rather than the 3rd season?

8. Serious, serious problem.

David75
Tue, 04-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks for that thread, I finally got over the gender bender limit preventing me from rewatching that show. I watched some eps when it first aired but never made it to be aired in full.
I decided to repair that after reading that thread.
I had some laughters in the first few eps, and tonight almost died from laughing at ep 9 and 10 with P-chan making a grand appearance.
I guess I made enemies out of my neighbourgs... I mean all my building for laughing so hard.

I now need to marathon all eps and will then watch the OVA.

Thanks again

fireheart
Wed, 04-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Well in short it was nice to see Ranma and everyone else again though was kinda hard to remember everyone as it's been so long since I last read/watched Ranma ½. Well then time to watch it again.