PDA

View Full Version : Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

Marik
Fri, 04-02-2010, 11:12 AM
http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/maidsama.jpg

Alternative titles:
会長はメイド様! (Japanese)
Maid Sama! (English)
Class President is a Maid!

Type: TV
Producers: J.C. Staff
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School, Shoujo

Summary: A romantic comedy that centers on the student council head named Misaki Ayuzawa who despises the mostly male, slovenly population at her school, which was once an all-boys school. However, Misaki's most handsome schoolmate just discovered her secret — that she works afterschool at a maid café.

Based on Fujiwara Hiro's Kaichou wa Maid-sama! shoujo manga serialised in LaLa.

Links: Official Site (http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/maidsama/) | ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11037) | AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7008) | MyAnimeList (http://myanimelist.net/anime/7054/Kaichou_wa_Maid-sama%21)

------

[Eclipse] Kaichou wa Maid-sama - 01 - HD (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama%20-%2001%20%281280x720%20h264%29%20%5b149F1EB5%5d.mkv .torrent) | SD (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama%20-%2001%20%28XviD%29%20%5bD43A6FF9%5d.avi.torrent)

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-02-2010, 11:23 AM
[FFFpeeps] has a message on their site that they will be releasing a v2 due to some mistakes in it.

edit:

I watched FFFpeeps 720p version, and it was watchable, but if there is a better subber, I'll gladly watch them instead. The translation wasn't bad, but there are a lot of signs and things that went untranslated. They can leave the on-screen sound effects untranslated, but a lot of the name labels would have been nicer.

Marik
Fri, 04-02-2010, 09:54 PM
The translation wasn't bad, but there are a lot of signs and things that went untranslated.

Indeed. That annoyed me so much, that I didn't even bother to finish watching their release. I'm glad that Eclipse decided to pick this up instead. They translated all of the on-screen things that FFFPeeps skipped over.

---

"Don't touch her just because she's darn cute."

I wholeheartedly agree with this comment. I didn't think much of her in terms of looks at first, but when they showed her in her maid costume for the first time, I noticed how cute she looked in it.

The interaction between Takumi and Misaki on the roof reminded me a lot of Kei and Hikari from Special A

I felt kind of bad watching Misaki arrive home from school. Her gate broke, the flooring had a hole in it, and her mom didn't seem to be in good health either. Everything seems to be riding on her shoulders. Hopefully things work out for her and her family in the end.

Pretty good first episode. I'll probably stick with it just to see if Misaki and her family can rise up from such poor living conditions.

Archangel
Sat, 04-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Fuck, eclipse decided to do ANOTHER shoujo this season? >_>

I guess I'll give it a go...

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-03-2010, 06:34 AM
Well, nothing really stands out in the first episode that much. That's not a bad thing, but if I wasn't already sure I was going to watch this, it certainly wouldn't have hooked me in with this episode alone.

However, I do like Misaki's fiery personality. She might be violent and a bit of a man-hater, but on the other hand, she takes almost all of the burden on herself. Nor is she totally unreasonable. The boys accused her of not being fair for criticizing them about magazines but not the girls, so Misaki was pretty quick to compromise. If she was unreasonable, I would hate her.

Usui is a good character too. He's really nonchalant and a bit spaced out, but he's a perfect counter for her. She works herself to death, and he doesn't seem to care at all.

The biggest plus so far, is that off the shoulder maid outfit Misaki wears. Her manager is a ridiculously overly cute maniac character too. Voiced well by Toyosaki Aki ( Yui from K-ON ).

As for the other VAs, Usui's ( Layfrom from Regios, Luke from Boobsmith ) is perfect.

Misaki's (Ayano from Kaze no Stigma, Niche from Letter Bee, Azaka from Kara no Kyoukai, Cecily from Boobsmith ) is a bit over the top at times, but I think she fits well enough and should settle in to the role. She sounds a bit more violent than I thought she'd be, but her character was pretty one-sided this episode.

Kraco
Sat, 04-03-2010, 07:46 AM
This could be my favorite show of the season. While I agree with Ryll on the fact that the first episode presented nothing extraordinary as such, I still found the episode (and show) altogether very balanced and pleasant to watch. I liked the characters a lot. They have quite sharp personalities, that is, developed personal traits, which is a big plus for me always.

As uber traditional as the setting of a long-suffering girl and a well-off, super intelligent but relaxed guy is, it seems to work nicely in this series. Possibly also because I don't read or watch that much shoujo (on purpose).

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-03-2010, 08:30 AM
I don't watch/read much shoujo muself neither, so even if there's many better shows to make a comparison to, personally this reminds me of Special A.

Guess I'll keep watching.

Alhuin
Tue, 04-06-2010, 06:48 PM
The interaction between Takumi and Misaki on the roof reminded me a lot of Kei and Hikari from Special A.

I don't watch/read much shoujo muself neither, so even if there's many better shows to make a comparison to, personally this reminds me of Special A.

Just got around to watching the first episode, and I'm glad I'm not the only one to get Special A vibes off this all over the place. Misaki kind of looks like Hikari, and Usui is nonchalant/calm and collected just as much as Kei.... they are both #1 and 2 in the school... and Misaki admits she is a very competitive person just like Yukari.

I can't say this is a bad thing though. I liked Special A, even if I can't remember how it ended now (I just know it pissed me off that it took so long for something to happen).

I'll probably keep up with this as well.

Archangel
Thu, 04-08-2010, 12:41 PM
So what's the correct word to characterize the blond guy? Male kuudere, perhaps?

Kraco
Thu, 04-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I'd hesitate to call him such. One problem is, in my opinion, that the dude has been initiating everything. I wouldn't have problems with a kuudere trying to better the relationship later but it's kind of weird if he's the one making all the first moves (aside from saving somebody, of course). Although this of course is no decisive factor by far.

More than that I personally feel he's just playing the part of a cool, disinterested guy when he's actually superinterested. Still, if he keeps up such behavior for the rest of the series, then I might admit you are right. But right now I think it's not really his genuine behavior but just a combination of being bored, trying to keep a certain distance to get to know more about Misaki, and just teasing her. Plus it might be a part of his image and an element of defense against all the confessing girl.

Archangel
Thu, 04-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I think I'll characterize him as a tender sadist posing as a male kuudere

Sapphire
Fri, 04-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Ooh strong female lead? Hot tall dark and handsome male? Looking foward to following this show.

Ryllharu
Sat, 04-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Nekomimi maid desu!

[Eclipse] Kaichou wa Maid-sama - 02 (1280x720 h264) (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama%20-%2002%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bA3508CA2%5d.mkv.tor rent)

-----------------------------------

Misaki's manager Satsuki going off into Lala Land about her was probably the highlight of the episode for me. Misaki may still definitely be a man-hater, but I think this episode compounded upon what they showed last episode. She's pretty harsh as a class president, but when she screws things up, she makes up for it. Misaki takes in everything that people say about her, like Usui warning her to actually listen, and Satsuki emphasizing the importance of letting people have fun and making sure to have fun themselves. She works really hard to make up for it after she catches on. I like that things don't just magically work out, she has to reign in her ego, apologize, and put in extra effort to turn things around. It isn't something you usually see in characters that are similar to her.

Misaki was clamping down so hard on trying to attract girls to the school that she and the boys of Usui's class stopped having fun.

It is nice to see that she can reflect on her mistakes, admit she made one, and do her best to act fairly and responsibly. She learned a lot from Satsuki speech and Usui's remarks. Then she even started to have a bit of fun herself.

Kraco
Sat, 04-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Too bad Usui's VA doesn't speak better English... But Usui was quite a sparkling bishounen nonetheless.

This episode leveled down somewhat from the first, I'd say, although no doubt it's partially subjectively due to lessing novelty. Usui turned quite aggressive quite fast. The scene of pushing Misaki against the tree and those words were as good as a confession - if not for the fact Misaki must be considering him a dualistically sadistic player.

I find it pleasant Usui doesn't compromise much in trying to make Misaki open up to guys (in constructive ways). He's clearly being himself between the continuous passive and increasingly active teasing and the nonchalantly given real pieces of advice. It seems to be an effective and wise strategy as well, more than anything else would be. If she hates men, better make her change her opinion of real men, not men trying to be artificially sweet.

A jolly good second ep all in all, with nekomimi and everything.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-10-2010, 11:04 PM
The nekomimi moved. It was great.

Alhuin
Sat, 04-10-2010, 11:29 PM
The nekomimi moved. It was great.

I second this. *nods*

@Kraco: I was under the impression Usui's "aggressiveness" in the forest was meant to be more of his cosplay act. She even commented on him still wearing the uniform. I mean, I'm sure he ultimately does think that, but I don't think he was openly engaging as himself.

Though in any case, I actually didn't enjoy that part. I'm more fond of the way he was pursuing her beforehand. Pretending not to be interested more than just simply entertainment, while treating her with the utmost care... being aggressive and forceful is a polar opposite.

The rest of the episode was hilarious though. Strip Rock-Paper-Scissors! Gotta remember that one.

Kraco
Sun, 04-11-2010, 01:50 AM
Though in any case, I actually didn't enjoy that part. I'm more fond of the way he was pursuing her beforehand. Pretending not to be interested more than just simply entertainment, while treating her with the utmost care... being aggressive and forceful is a polar opposite.

If this was shounen, the aggressive part might not have ever happened - although like you said, it was partially encouraged by the cosplay act - but since this is shoujo, even good guys can be much bolder.

Actually I like the style in this show a lot because while this is no doubt shoujo, it has taken many steps toward shounen making it much more easy to digest. This shows in graphics that are rounder than in typical shoujo and also in some character behaviors, like the troublemaking guys of the class who could have been borrowed straight from a shounen show. Of course this isn't any novel and unique thing as such but fits very well the setting and the basic concept of the show nonetheless.

Archangel
Mon, 04-19-2010, 09:51 AM
What happened to episode 3?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-19-2010, 09:57 AM
What happened to episode 3?

It's being subbed?

Marik
Mon, 04-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Eclipse's translator was sick, so it got delayed. It's supposed to be released once Mentar gets off from work.

[03:42am] <@Mentar> kay, off to the office. Kaichou when I'm back

That's from this morning when they released fma.

Marik
Mon, 04-19-2010, 12:56 PM
[Eclipse] Kaichou wa Maid-sama - 03 - HD (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama%20-%2003%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5bF0D374A8%5d.mkv.tor rent) | SD (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama%20-%2003%20(XviD)%20%5bE23E1635%5d.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Mon, 04-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Those two are certainly getting close. Much closer than just a bully and his target. They even walk side by side away from he maid cafe. No wonder the other cafe employees are seeing them already like a couple. How long before the school does, is another question. Apparently nobody there yet views them as such with the confessions still continuing.

That being said I feel like their relationship has taken a few steps towards normalcy. Of course that's inevitable with them getting used to each other's company but at the same time it lessens the excitement. Fortunately good scenes still appear periodically like the one where Usui told her to undress.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Personally, I thought Satsuki and Honoka (especially in dark mode) stole the episode from Misaki and Usui. This series really benefits from some wonderful side characters, even the three idiots.

Satsuki's bubbly squeals of delight fantasizing about Misaki are a treat in and of themselves, and so were Honoka's little sister examples. Honoka really bitched Misaki out though. She takes the job seriously, and became very irritated at Misaki for blowing it off when it becomes inconvenient for her.

The sister scenes were painfully awkward, which was the whole point.

Alhuin
Tue, 04-20-2010, 01:26 AM
Misaki in sister mode was pretty epic, and I couldn't help but laugh at her uncomfort. Bipolar Honoka was a bit displeasing to me... I understand that she took her job seriously and was pissed when Misaki started belittling the job when it became an inconvenience to her, but I don't think she should have held onto that grudge for the entire episode. Didn't it span a few days, maybe a week? Actually, even longer, since they showed the Maid Sentai at the end. It would have been better if she had blown up on Misaki and then sincerely respected her for her efforts to cooperate better, instead of her half-assed "Oh, I'm quite surprised she was actually able to pull that off" attitude.

Transparent uniform Misaki would have been best, by the way.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-20-2010, 03:45 AM
Bipolar Honoka was a bit displeasing to me... I understand that she took her job seriously and was pissed when Misaki started belittling the job when it became an inconvenience to her, but I don't think she should have held onto that grudge for the entire episode. .

I always thought it was meant as a tease to get Misaki going.

edit: I thought this episode was the funniest so far. Usui playing right into the Onii-tan role (you never call me that, do you want me to buy something?) suggests that his previous assertiveness as the Navy Captain was also an "act".

He pinned Misaki against the wall this episode too, but I thought that was different.

fireheart
Wed, 04-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Mmm think I loved his rejection speech the most, was expecting some kind of serious rejection in the lines of "I'm sorry but there's already someone I like" especially because Misa was "there".

Yukimura
Thu, 04-22-2010, 01:34 AM
This show is really growing on me. I like several of the the side characters, especially (Dark) Honoka, and I haven't gotten tired of seeing Misa's personality flaws painted bright pink and drop kicked through the uprights of her conscious by Usui.

At the same time I still struggle with my irrational displeasure at how fortunate Misa is to have Usui's positive attention. As good as Usui is at picking up on Misa's flaws and weaknesses he could probably exploit the hell out of them and either make her his toy or destroy her. Instead he is made to fill what is essentially a magical negro role (look it up it's a real term) for her as a catalyst for her growth/maturation. I suspect as Misa starts to mellow out more Usui's feelings for her will start to interfere with his cool aloofness and eventually it'll be him acting like a twisted emotional wreck with Misa, with her new found calm and understanding personality, being portrayed as the solution to his problems.

Kraco
Thu, 04-22-2010, 01:42 AM
I suspect as Misa starts to mellow out more Usui's feelings for her will start to interfere with his cool aloofness and eventually it'll be him acting like a twisted emotional wreck with Misa, with her new found calm and understanding personality, being portrayed as the solution to his problems.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that happened because I can't shake the feeling Usui is hiding some problems of his own, despite everybody thinking he has everything perfectly at home and school. However, depending on how they would do it, I wouldn't necessarily mind. It's more than clear by now Usui isn't purely amusing himself with Misaki. Whether he actually hopes Misaki will help him with his own problems (provided they exist) or if he will suddenly withdraw when they begin to surface is another thing and will affect a lot how the story will turn out afterwards.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 04-22-2010, 01:59 AM
Usui definitely has issues. It has been hinted at several times already, and the ending animation more or less confirms it. Nothing is more emo than that ED.

Alhuin
Thu, 04-22-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm in favour of a withdrawn Usui with Misaki saving him by her love!
Oh god, I'm a hopeless romantic.

Anyways, for some reason I get the feeling it will come down to a Special A ending. The biggest difference right now is that we don't know FOR SURE that Usui likes (loves) Misaki, we can only speculate based on his actions (which more or less confirms it, but it hasn't been said yet), so we don't know if a lot of his advancements are unrequited, or if he is just teasing. But either way, I think it will eventually come down to Misaki having to come to terms with his feelings and whether or not she feels the same way, all while Usui is a wreck because all he wants is her, but he can't come out and say it because of his social status. Or something like that.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-22-2010, 07:26 PM
I never picked up that Usui might have issues, or that he may not be loving Misaki like he's indicating... :confused:

shinta|hikari
Thu, 04-22-2010, 07:39 PM
It is shoujo. He has issues. ;)

I'm confused with the second one as well though. Usui liking Misaki is as obvious as it gets.

Alhuin
Thu, 04-22-2010, 08:51 PM
I assume both of your posts are in response to mine.

I simply stated that it has not been confirmed, through words, text, or thoughts that Usui likes (loves) Misaki. Sure, it's as obvious as the Sun in the sky, but since it hasn't been confirmed, they can still take a different route.

Idealistic
Sat, 04-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Hmmm.... Perhaps he's serious about being an Otaku and loving maids. Haha.

Kraco
Mon, 04-26-2010, 12:40 PM
In Eclipse's absence I decided to have a look at:

Episode 4 - FFFpeeps (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=126290)

The video showed some jerkiness and the editing was quite rudimentary but the translation was okay as far as I could judge.

- - - - - -- -

Ackbar said it first, but it's a trap. This one actually surprised me, I have to confess. I wasn't expecting Usui with his Misa-only eyes to give a shit (like he didn't) but otherwise I expected this to go down more traditional ways. Better this way, of course, since getting surprised by the story is always a plus, as long as it's a believable surprise like it was this time. It explained all the better why Aoi was so desperate to get Usui's attention.

I do feel somewhat sorry for all the bulk customers, including the three stooges, who still love the net idol-chan...

Not overly much Usui in this episode, though. But perhaps that's not such a bad thing every now and then, allowing them to keep his scene with Misaki more fresh. But at least they had time to make the poor bishounen even more perfect with the blazing cooking skills. A good decision from him, of course, seeing how it must have made his access to the cafe's back stage even more solid. The other staffers already support the Misa-Usui pairing but now they have even less reason to keep him away from her.

David75
Mon, 04-26-2010, 01:03 PM
For some reason I detected the trap from the very first moment I saw him/her.

I wasn't particurlarly found of that ep. So I do not have much to say.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Misaki and Usui are both monsters in their own way. Usui is seemingly perfect at everything, but Misaki is monstrously strong for her build. She hefted those really heavy boxes like they were nothing, and didn't even hesitate or think twice about clothelining that thief.

I think that Aoi has a good point though. Misaki is so dense to the fact that Usui likes her, and her lack of femininity would probably hurt her if Usui wasn't obsessed with teasing and playing with her because he thinks her reactions are cute. It brings back a connection with Dark Honoka's statements about Misaki wasting her youth (despite only being four years younger). Misaki's so utilitarian and lacking in femininity that she's gaining a huge bonus just from wearing her high school uniform. She probably wouldn't attract the attention of any guys if she didn't have to wear that or her maid uniform.

More Satsuki squeals of delight, Usui knowingly molesting Aoi and Misaki subsequently slapping Aoi, and Misaki forced to wear lolita clothes. All in all, a good episode.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-27-2010, 08:35 AM
I so didn't pick that up. My subconscious thought it was odd for him to blush at Misaki changing, but it didn't manage to form any conclusions. The "pheromones" comment threw me off, even though Usui attracting guys is nothing new.

Satsuki rubbing her face against her nephew going "moe moe moe" probably made the biggest grin this episode.

edit: Actually, no, the cooking scene takes the prize. The dramatic egg cracking contrasting the blazing knifework was awesome. Reminds me of "I'll take a chip.. and EAT IT!!

Kraco
Tue, 04-27-2010, 09:40 AM
I so didn't pick that up. My subconscious thought it was odd for him to blush at Misaki changing, but it didn't manage to form any conclusions.

Indeed. I suppose that should have set off some alarms but for some reason I didn't think much of it. I remember something like that made her realise Misa is, after all, a more developed woman visiting my mind but that's it.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 04-27-2010, 10:10 AM
I was watching the episode with my cousin and a friend. When I saw the changing scene, I immediately called the trap development. They didn't believe me.

Yukimura
Tue, 04-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Usui is just so boss, I can't even hate him for being contrived because he's just so awesome.

I was with Misa right up until she reverted to tsuntsun retard mode and punched Usui despite knowing that the Aoi was a boy and thus an acceptable target for violence/rape/molestation/whatever. Then again, knowing Misa it would probably never cross her mind that Usui knew the deal with Aoi just as well as she did and he was trying to deal with it his own way. I couldn't help cheering for her when she bitch slapped Aoi though as I felt he was getting annoying and it hinted that at least Misa is an equal opportunity man beater.

I wasn't so fond of this weeks attempt at a tear down of Misa though. Aoi's bitching at her for not making an effort to 'act feminine' in her free time just seems so 1950's. I suppose this doesn't mesh with Japanese culture as much but one of the things I respect about Misa is that she doesn't seem overly concerned with superficial things, at least about her self.

Kraco
Tue, 04-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Aoi's bitching at her for not making an effort to 'act feminine' in her free time just seems so 1950's. I suppose this doesn't mesh with Japanese culture as much but one of the things I respect about Misa is that she doesn't seem overly concerned with superficial things, at least about her self.

You could take it as Aoi's personal point of view. The boy wishes he had been born a bishoujo idol girl, so it's highly understandable a girl of high potential making no effort to appear beautiful would piss him off with his jealous personality.

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
I was with Misa right up until she reverted to tsuntsun retard mode and punched Usui...
...I couldn't help cheering for her when she bitch slapped Aoi though as I felt he was getting annoying and it hinted that at least Misa is an equal opportunity man beater.

I wasn't so fond of this weeks attempt at a tear down of Misa though. Aoi's bitching at her for not making an effort to 'act feminine' in her free time just seems so 1950's. I suppose this doesn't mesh with Japanese culture as much but one of the things I respect about Misa is that she doesn't seem overly concerned with superficial things, at least about her self.Misa has always been an equal opportunity man-beater because she is a man-hater. She hits the idiot boys at school all the time and she is violent by nature. Knowing Usui, he probably enjoyed it. I'm sure he could have stopped her from hitting him if he wanted to.

I agree with Kraco on the second part. Aoi wants to be cute and girly but can't without being ridiculed. To him, Misaki is wasting it. It's the same logic behind why Honoka attacks her, thinking Misaki is wasting her youth. Misaki is very respectable for concerning herself more about the wellbeing of her family enough to get exhausted than waste her time being young and frivolous. But that doesn't mean others can't get angry at her for it. Even her mother and sister have displayed a concern that Misaki is sacrificing herself for the two of them.

Yukimura
Tue, 04-27-2010, 04:10 PM
I suppose I should have chosen different words, I was not trying to say I had just witnessed my first evidence that Misa's man-beating wasn't equal opportunity, I was merely commenting that I would have been concerned if she showed a preference for beating Usui and not other males she felt morally superior to. I am glad that she doesn't seem to spare any male from her self-righteous violence as opposed to picking and choosing which would make her feel more hypocritical.

Also Usui could never hit Misa, dirtying his fists with her blood would only make him look less awesome. It's far more win for him to maintain his true moral superiority and accept her violence while occasionally directing her attention to the results of her own BS attitude slowing building her closer to being an acceptable target of his awesomeness.

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Also Usui could never hit Misa, dirtying his fists with her blood would only make him look less awesome. It's far more win for him to maintain his true moral superiority and accept her violence while occasionally directing her attention to the results of her own BS attitude slowing building her closer to being an acceptable target of his awesomeness.I don't think you watch/read enough shoujo Yuki. Usui stopping Misaki from hitting him would only result in him catching her fist or wrist and pulling her closer before making her even more flustered and feisty, probably stealing a kiss too. Pure fangirl bait. Like when he grabbed her chin delicately when he was dressed up for the school festival.

Pretty standard stuff, and I'm sure that even with Misaki's berserker strength, an easy feat for Usui.

Yukimura
Tue, 04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Shoujo is not really my bag, I thought you knew this. I started watching this show b/c I told you I would. If not for Usui's awesomeness inspiring me to be a better man I would probably be raging at it constantly and regretting the decision much more than I do.

Marik
Wed, 04-28-2010, 07:44 PM
[Eclipse] Kaichou wa Maid-sama - 04 - HD (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama%20-%2004%20%281280x720%20h264%29%20%5b360F9350%5d.mkv .torrent) | SD (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama%20-%2004%20%28XviD%29%20%5b9274BBF4%5d.avi.torrent)

Kunio from Static-Subs taking over for Kokizzzle.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-30-2010, 06:06 PM
[FFFpeeps] Kaichou wa Maid-sama 05 [720p] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=127764)

I'm not ashamed to watch FFFpeeps. I can't wait that long for Eclipse. Translation quality this episode was a little lower than normal for them, but still plenty watchable.

--------------------------------------------------

This episode delighted me. Typical situation. Misaki's safety is compromised, she's detained and in trouble. Her weak girl body is no match for two men. Despite all her fiery attitude and posturing, she is still just a frail and delicate flower. There's no way her attitude can save her now, she got herself into this mess due to her overconfidence. Usui's supernatural Misa-chan Sense is set off, and he comes just in the nick of time to rescue her and sway her heart...

...only Misaki broke free with her berserker strength, kicked the crap out of her captors and ruined Usui's heroic entrance by having things well in hand before he could do any rescuing.

I really enjoy the way that Misaki didn't fall prey to that cliché of clichés in these sort of series. She is a tsundere who can take care of herself. Usui's attempt to be cool backfired on him completely.

Yet she's still completely confounded by people calling her cute or treating her gently. It is a wonderful counterbalance because she is always feared at the school, so getting complimented in that manner messes her up completely. Usui calling her a girl got her all flushed and full of denial, Aoi and Usui messing around with the lolita picture of her got her even more flustered.

Her evil threatening stance while on the phone at the beginning of this episode...wonderful. I like Misaki's hair length too. It's not absurd anime long (waist, ankles), it isn't generically long, and it isn't quite shoulder length. Just a slight shift in it can give her a completely different air.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-30-2010, 06:28 PM
I was indeed hoping that Misaki would not need help despite Usui's desire to make her a "girl". I don't really get what the hell he was saying anyway. The only reason I think a girl would be in more danger in a similar situation (assuming both of them were being targeted already) is because of a lack of physical strength. Misaki is clearly not a frail maiden, so Usui's remarks seemed kind of sexist.

Alhuin
Fri, 04-30-2010, 08:26 PM
Regarding episode 4... I don't know why I overlooked the trap idea, especially during the changing scene, but apparently I did, cause it was a hell of a surprise. It annoyed me that Aoi constantly criticized and belittled Misaki about her appearance when, according to himself and the chief, he receives the same ridicule about the way he dresses from his classmates and his father. I was expecting there to be a moment of realization when they were out in the rain, when Misaki confronts him and points out that he is doing to her what others do to him.

I was slightly confused when Usui showed up at the cafe, and proceeded to sit upstairs, with no appearance from Misaki. Until that time, hasn't she always been out front to greet the customers and/or showed herself out front with Usui lounging around somewhere in her view? Even if he was just trying to avoid Aoi, how come he didn't walk into the back like usual and find Misaki himself?

Sapphire
Fri, 04-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Usui is the Matt Damon of anime.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Usui's expression when Misaki broke free was priceless.

His rescue wasn't required at all...but he made a forced entry anyway :p

I really dig those eyecatches too.

Kraco
Sun, 05-02-2010, 03:43 PM
It annoyed me that Aoi constantly criticized and belittled Misaki about her appearance when, according to himself and the chief, he receives the same ridicule about the way he dresses from his classmates and his father. I was expecting there to be a moment of realization when they were out in the rain, when Misaki confronts him and points out that he is doing to her what others do to him.

He's a boy who wants to be a girl - or at least wear very cute clothes usually worn only by girls. He's not a champion for a gender role free society. Maybe if he was 15 years older, he would behave more like you expected. In this case his existing behavior served realism.

Anyway, I also liked episode 5. It was a nobrainer Misaki would need no help and thus it surprised me a bit Usui still chose to break the window and enter. On the other hand that was just like him; unlike Misaki he rarely seems to worry about anything (although we don't yet know if he's actually carrying some huge burden that's just masking avoid any minor things).

One thing I'm waiting for is Usui meeting Misaki's sister. I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Alhuin
Wed, 05-05-2010, 09:03 PM
A little late, but for consistency:

Eclipse - Episode 05 (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama%20-%2005%20(1280x720%20h264)%20%5b448B74D5%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-08-2010, 09:18 PM
FFFPeeps - Episode 06 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=129247)

--------------------------

Usui's steal of a kiss took me completely by surprise.

When Misaki said she liked the brothers' enthusiasm, I was expecting a hint of jealousy or something similar on Usui's expression, since everything he does appears far from enthusiastic (besides turning up to Maid Latte).

With that in mind, it was great to see him show the other boys down with his leap of faith. Great episode. (but next episode might be even better... bishounen cosplay!!)

Sapphire
Sun, 05-09-2010, 01:42 PM
They... k-kissed.. on episode... 06..

BRB heart attack

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-09-2010, 02:57 PM
They... k-kissed.. on episode... 06
Hold on Saph.

Usui stole a kiss on episode 6. It isn't like Misaki went in for the kiss too. That's perfectly normal, and proof of how awesome Usui is. Misaki was too shocked to get pissed about it or slap him. She also showed a great deal of concern for him after he jumped.

But I love her flustered dishonesty.

I kinda hate those annoying five brothers. I really can't stand characters like them...or any sycophants for that matter. The only good that comes from them is the assumption that Misaki is Usui's bodyguard.

Marik
Tue, 05-11-2010, 01:58 PM
[Eclipse] Kaichou wa Maid-sama - 06 - HD (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama%20-%2006%20%281280x720%20h264%29%20%5bE3AE215D%5d.mkv .torrent) | SD (http://torrents.speedsubs.org/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama%20-%2006%20%28XviD%29%20%5b13600F89%5d.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Tue, 05-11-2010, 03:19 PM
But I love her flustered dishonesty.

I wonder how long she can continue it. Nobody is so dense that after first kissing, then telling directly, and finally jumping off the roof to save the photo it would be left unclear how strongly the other one feels. If she's still in doubt, she must consider Usui thoroughly evil to go through so much trouble to simply tease her without any deeper meaning.

The stupid five were certainly annoying but on the other hand they allowed Usui to save Misaki for a whole number of times. It seems to me Usui grabbing and touching Misaki is everyday business already and Misaki has no defense mechanisms in place anymore as long as it's Usui invading her personal space.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-11-2010, 05:59 PM
I wonder how long she can continue it. Nobody is so dense that after first kissing, then telling directly, and finally jumping off the roof to save the photo it would be left unclear how strongly the other one feels. If she's still in doubt, she must consider Usui thoroughly evil to go through so much trouble to simply tease her without any deeper meaning.I didn't say denial, I said dishonesty. :D Misaki has been embarrassed for a considerable length of time about Usui's compliments to her, along with Satsuki's fantasies and the less common comments by the other maids and Aoi.

I've little doubt she'll wear down eventually. I just very much enjoy how she says she "hates" Usui when she probably doesn't mean it anymore.

Kraco
Fri, 05-14-2010, 03:15 PM
Maid-kun:

Episode 7 - FFFpeeps (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=130549)

- - - - -- - - -

A lot happened in this episode. Not only did they introduce a major villain lasting more than one episode but they also made Usui and Misaki's relationship take a step backward.

Forgetting the villain of whom little can really be said as of yet, I think more meaningful (for now) was Usui's decision to take the step back by undermining the meaninfulness of the kiss. In practice it made Misaki to return more to her previous state, with an added feeling of annoyance, but deeper down it suggests Usui might not be as serious as I thought he was.

After all, if Usui had been completely serious, there's no reason why he wouldn't have tried to turn Misaki's hesitation to his own advantage by convincing her further. But instead he wanted the situation to revert back to Misaki only thinking he's just teasing her. Of course the situation was hampering Misakin work and her general level of coolness but I doubt Usui really cares about the school or the cafe beyond Misaki's involvement with them.

So, I can't help but wonder what's the ultimate reason why he wants Misaki to remain in the gray zone instead of becoming his girl. Maybe he has some unescapable destiny awaiting him after high-school and despite liking Misaki, he knows he can never be together with her. So, it's better for Misaki to remain as she is.

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-14-2010, 06:00 PM
I think more meaningful (for now) was Usui's decision to take the step back by undermining the meaninfulness of the kiss.

But instead he wanted the situation to revert back to Misaki only thinking he's just teasing her.

So, I can't help but wonder what's the ultimate reason why he wants Misaki to remain in the gray zone instead of becoming his girl.Trimmed down the quote a bit, but I'm going to address most of the original post.

I saw it as Usui getting a bit depressed or perhaps even alarmed that Misaki was starting to push him away. Misaki didn't like the way remembering the kiss made her feel uncomfortable. She became girlish and flustered, off-center and not her usual self. I think that is the primary reason why Usui kissed Yukimura. It got Misaki to relax from the tense state she had started to develop when around him, and got her back to her feisty usual self.

I don't think Usui wants to fall into a relationship with her just yet. I think he values the seduction and the teasing more than the goal of being in a relationship. He got that depressed look when she brings her guard up and tries to keep a distance from him. He probably greatly dislikes when she won't let him get close to her, and her hesitation alarms him. He goes back and forth with her playing a villain and a savior. When she either has her guard up or won't let him help her up, he got that same look both times.

His motivations are still a huge mystery, but he can't properly tease her when she is on edge near him.

I very much enjoyed how quickly he was able to shut Misaki down when she started to get a bit haughty about being "Misaki-kun". Her embarrassment following the perfectly executed lariat was wonderful as well. The two of them are an excellent duo.

Kraco
Sat, 05-15-2010, 06:41 AM
I don't think Usui wants to fall into a relationship with her just yet.

That's pretty much given after his actions. Misaki getting more tense in his company was a sure sign of her uncertainty of her developing (and mixed) feelings. No matter how much he gets her to relax in his company by fooling around, if it ever turns into a real relationship, there's no avoiding of Misaki's behavior changing. He can't have both, because Misaki's normal behavior is not that of a girlfriend.

I dare say it's clear Usui likes Misaki so unless it's for some external reason, I can't see why he wouldn't want her to become his girlfriend. After all, it's more than likely her behavior would revert back towards the usual kaichou mode (that Usui so likes to tease and humiliate) once she got over the initial nervousness and excitement. She has got so strong a personality, after all.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-15-2010, 09:04 AM
I don't think Usui has any dramas about settling into a relationship with her at all. That's why he confessed, after all.

He's ready to go anytime, but Misaki isn't. This was evident enough this episode as Misaki didn't have a clear answer to his confession, and was merely avoiding him, avoiding the decision. Seeing as she's not yet ready (and realising his timing was probably off in the general scheme of things), Usui did the only thing he could to take that kiss back.

His depressed look afterwards was more than indicative that he really wanted to start a relationship with her.

Glasses-Misaki was eye-candy. She carries more elegance than usual (which isn't that much really). Cross-dressing was another fun bit, and it made me realise that only girls with modest to moderate bust sizes would be able to pull it off convincingly, especially the open-shirt, chain + cleavage look.

The new villian's somewhat refreshing in that he's one who will has already found out Misaki's part-time job and really has no issues disclosing it. In that sense, he's by far the most threatening of them all.

The preview suggests that despite his financial and cognitive ability, he's opting for the "steal your clothes" trick though..

Sabrac
Wed, 05-19-2010, 02:08 PM
I really love this series! Love how Usui messes with Misaki and she gets so embaressed. kawaii!!!!!

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-21-2010, 11:07 AM
FFFPeeps - Episode 08 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=132020)

Kraco
Fri, 05-21-2010, 11:59 AM
The first half of this episode was somewhat sluggish but the second half more than made up for it. Especially with Misaki calling for Usui. And Usui naturally appearing like the overdramatic hero he fancies himself. I guess it's uber traditional Misaki needed saving but I don't mind. This series work so well.

At least I'm happy the scumbag president didn't get to meet Misaki's sister before Usui. Or at least I hope Usui will before the series is over. I could imagine a good scene or two with those three in Misaki's rundown home. Usui doesn't care or pay visible attention to Misaki's economical situation, which is probably important to Misaki as well. Considering how hard she's working, she must have some pride and self-consciousness in that particular matter and not clashing with that is likely a wise thing for Usui to keep in mind.

David75
Fri, 05-21-2010, 01:11 PM
I guess visible shoulders are a lot more sexy, Misaki was more womanly than usual in that episode. Her face features (and body globally) were more refined most of the time she was in that other HighSchool.

Ryllharu
Fri, 05-21-2010, 07:03 PM
I guess visible shoulders are a lot more sexy, Misaki was more womanly than usual in that episode.Throughly agreed. This episode would even satisfy most armpit fans (when she was pinned on the table).

Kraco mostly mentioned what I would have, but easily the best part of this episode was that Igarashi challenged her into putting on a maid outfit in under 10 seconds, and not only did she do it, he then mocked her for doing it so perfectly. If she was trying to hide it, she didn't have to wear the stockings, armbands, or the katyusha (maid headband) if she was only concerned about not being seen naked. He completely outmaneuvered Misaki in this episode.

Lots of cute eyecatches throughout the 2nd half of the episode too. Misaki on the table, Misaki in towel, Misaki embarrassed at both Igarashi and Usui while wearing the maid outfit, Usui holding her close, etc.

I liked that Usui stole her a Miyabigaoka uniform too, hoping that she would at least try it on.

I am however, rather surprised that the next episode will be a gaiden episode.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-22-2010, 09:08 PM
I liked her Maid Latte uniform better. The slight looseness and flow in that one gave off a more refined look.

This one was too... vulgar.

Usui's rescue was over much faster than I had thought it would. Him and the rich Prez didn't even have any contact.

I share Usui's relief and easiness at knowing Misaki's back her the usual. He must have missed that.

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-23-2010, 06:03 AM
I would note that the Maid Latte uniform also has open shoulders. The top of the sleeves are completely open.

I have mixed feelings about the Maid Latte uniform. The one Misaki wears is good because of the boots, Honoka's works as well because of the white stockings, and Erika's shows of her chest. However...the long skirt on Subaru's looks really out of place with the top. I generally like her style, but the Maid Latte top doesn't work at all with a long dress. She would look better in more traditional maid uniform with such a long skirt.

Of course the one Igarashi gave her was more vulgar, it was fetish wear designed to make her upset. If Misaki didn't bother to put on the katyusha, it just would have looked like a short goth-loli dress.

Marik
Fri, 05-28-2010, 08:28 AM
[LonE] Kaichou ha Maid-sama! OP Single - My Secret [Mizuno Saaya].rar (http://losslessone.fansub-torrents.com/%5BLonE%5D_Mizuno_Saaya_-_Kaichou_ha_Maid-sama%21_OP_Single_-_My_Secret_%5Bw_scans%5D_%28mp3%29.rar.torrent) - PV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1nv9Q9uZQo)

[LonE] Kaichou ha Maid-sama! ED Single - Yokan [heidi].rar (http://losslessone.fansub-torrents.com/%5BLonE%5D_heidi._-_Kaichou_ha_Maid-sama%21_ED_Single_-_Yokan_%5Bw_scans%5D_%28mp3%29.rar.torrent) - PV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl83r4qrYsY)

-----

[Nipponsei] Kaichou wa Maid-sama! OP Single - My Secret [Mizuno Saaya].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama%21%20OP%20Single%20-%20My%20Secret%20%5BMizuno%20Saaya%5D.zip.torrent)

[Nipponsei] Kaichou wa Maid-sama! ED Single - Yokan [heidi.].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama%21%20ED%20Single%20-%20Yokan%20%5Bheidi.%5D.zip.torrent)

Kraco
Fri, 05-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Episode 9 - FFFPeeps (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=133650)

- - - - - - - -

It wasn't as strange as Mayoi Neko's episode but I can't say it would have developed the plot to any direction. Fortunately the real deal seems to continue next week.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Suzuna rewarding their honesty with postcards had me chuckling pretty hard. Honesty had nothing to do with it. They were just hungry XD.

Kraco
Fri, 06-04-2010, 05:53 PM
The other side of the table:

Episode 10 - FFFPeeps (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=135256)

- - - - - - - -

It's bad taste to discuss only the preview, but this episode, concentrating on a side character, wasn't really that significant aside from a couple of good scenes. The preview, however, promises good things. Usui will finally meets Misaki's folks (much to her surprise apparently) and it seems like Usui's secrets are finally starting to get revealed. I'm really looking forward to the next ep.

Like I've said before, I always wanted to see a scene of Usui visiting Misaki's shack and meeting her weird sister. Misaki isn't particularly trying to hide her situation but who knows how that scene will end.

Ryllharu
Sat, 06-05-2010, 06:30 AM
It's a bit of a throwaway episode.

Probably the only redeeming parts are Usui embarrassing Misaki about how kind-hearted she is, and Shizuko being dragged everywhere, blatantly ignoring the band members, but all the same getting just as pissed as Misaki was getting. It had that little anger symbol stamped on her head through most of the scene the one guy was tormenting Sakura. Shizuko is just too polite to rampage until later.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-05-2010, 09:46 AM
It's a bit of a throwaway episode.

Probably the only redeeming parts are Usui embarrassing Misaki about how kind-hearted she is, and Shizuko being dragged everywhere, blatantly ignoring the band members, but all the same getting just as pissed as Misaki was getting. It had that little anger symbol stamped on her head through most of the scene the one guy was tormenting Sakura. Shizuko is just too polite to rampage until later.

The fact that Shizuko didn't react pissed me off.

The Three Idiots were pretty funny, and we got some female-orientated fanservice, so that's not too bad (am I the only one in this forum who appreciates that?).

But yeah, otherwise, I'm looking forward to the next episode. I've always known Usui was rich, but I can't remember whether it's actually hinted in the episode, or if it's just influence from the ED and/or Takishima Kei.

Kraco
Fri, 06-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Secrets within secrets:

Episode 11 - FFFPeeps (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=136661)

- - - - - - -

In the end nothing much was revealed. It's pretty interesting Usui didn't seem interested at all in trying to get closer to Misaki by getting closer to her family. And it didn't seem like he judged it a bad tactical choice by evaluating Misaki's reaction to such an indirect thing. Rather, he simply had no interest in it. As much as Misaki is actively trying to keep Usui at a certain distance and never closer it also seems like Usui is doing the same thing but more subtly.

We also ended up learning nothing about Usui himself, other than that he obviously has money or strange connections but that shouldn't have been any surprise. It's also more or less apparent he lives alone (which might explain his strange hobbies).

I expected more from this episode but at least Shizuko showed her true skills.

Ryllharu
Sat, 06-12-2010, 06:31 PM
In the end nothing much was revealed. It's pretty interesting Usui didn't seem interested at all in trying to get closer to Misaki by getting closer to her family. And it didn't seem like he judged it a bad tactical choice by evaluating Misaki's reaction to such an indirect thing. Rather, he simply had no interest in it. As much as Misaki is actively trying to keep Usui at a certain distance and never closer it also seems like Usui is doing the same thing but more subtly.I think when you take those two things together, it may have revealed quite a bit more than you are giving it credit.

As you pointed out, Usui lives alone (no lights on, large spacious apartment). He also not only didn't want to use her family to get closer to her, once he realized that it was the Ayuzawa household, he actually started to get a bit uncomfortable, strange for the typically unflappable Usui. By the time Misaki came home he was happily chomping away on apples with an identical expression to Suzuna, but he very clearly did not want to stay there long, at least at first.

So, I would guess that from his uneasiness with being near Misaki's mother and sister, as well as the fact that he lives alone, that Usui has some family issues.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Perhaps he's exiled or something? I can only guess with "Can I walk out with this?" that he didn't buy the suit, doesn't own the place, but has enough connections or relationships that the manager would let him out with it.

I was waiting for them to show us the secret, since I expected the whole round-about trip earlier was to drive away Shizuko and Sakura, so that he can show Misaki a "secret that no one else knows about". I guess the address fits the description, even if she never actually went to it.

I thought the little things in the background really made this episode: the child offering sand "dumplings" to the other, the Three Idiots looking like little children, Sakura's mouthflap flapping away disregarding of where her pauses were...

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-18-2010, 09:45 PM
FFFpeeps - Episode 12 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=138114)

-----------------------------

Sakura?! Really?! I can only guess that this was done for comedic effect, since most high school males would have voted for a "School Queen" type of character - which makes sense considering no such character has been introduced thus far. Still, it hasn't been hinted at all that Sakura's popular with the guys. (does being invited out by the Indie band {for purely promotional purposes} count?)

It didn't make too much sense neither that girls and boys get dressed in the same room. You would have thought people'd be eager to participate in such an event.

The prize-drive sounds great. I wish the same happened when I was in high school - sports carnival was more of a bother than anything else.

Kraco
Sat, 06-19-2010, 03:48 AM
The selection of girls is pretty limited in that school. Considering everybody fears Misaki she's out of the question for the prize. Maybe Sakura was a suitably shiny character in that school. At least she seemed to be very much against the idea, which would make it even more popular among great many guys. When Misaki found out about the prize, I actually expected her to take Sakura's place, and then Usui winning the race.

I didn't really evaluate this a strong episode, especially after the previous one. Misaki's attitude was highly questionable at best. She basically kept all the other girls standing still, unable to participate at all by insisting she does everything alone. I guess it's possible none of the others wanted to do anything, but as a student council president it would have been her real job to encourage them, not render them more passive.

Anyway, back in school over here everybody was required to pick at least one event. It would have been completely impossible for the majority to just stand still while a few persons did all the running.

Kraco
Fri, 06-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Banchou and his merry gang:

Episode 13 - FFFPeeps (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=139493)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

This came a bit out of nowhere, I should say. Naturally not as much as the past fairy tale mix but still. Not that I'd have been so interested in the three idiots that I'd have ever even tried to imagine what they were like in the past. That being said, I don't really know if this episode was of any significance whatsoever or only a bit of wasting time to fill the season. I hoped to see Usui fight but I suppose in shoujo fights aren't portioned out with a ladle but a tiny spoon.

I didn't make much sense out of the next ep preview so I'll just wait for it without expectations.

Xelbair
Fri, 06-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Hmm.. I've just watched the eclipse vers(that is episode 12) - It was interesting - its first time i seen sports festival in anime instead of cultural one(or at least i don't remember any other sports' ones).
The piano tune somehow reminded me of persona 3...

Kraco
Fri, 06-25-2010, 05:15 PM
There are plenty of sports festivals in anime, although I admit cultural ones are more prevalent, probably because it's easier to write plot relevant scenes for them.

Ryllharu
Sat, 06-26-2010, 07:12 PM
That being said, I don't really know if this episode was of any significance whatsoever or only a bit of wasting time to fill the season.Unless I missed an extra somewhere, this episode was all filler. But what entertaining filler it was.

I should have expected it after him dressing up as a maid, but seeing Yukimura dressed as a girl caught me by surprise from last week's preview. I really thought it was some original character. Of course he is so feminine in everything but his speech that the misunderstanding stuck.

The cameos by Aoi, Satsuki, Suzuna and Sakura&Shizuko were also pretty funny as Aoi's plan to have them look inconspicuous backfired completely. At least he got to dress up as a girl like he prefers to. Another good joke in that was that the three idiots never questioned why a boy would dress up as a girl.

All in all, a great episode. Even the comedy relief should get to be cool once in a while.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-02-2010, 09:36 PM
FFFpeeps - Episode 14 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=141026)

Kraco
Sat, 07-03-2010, 03:07 AM
I considered this one of my top shows of the last season but lately the episodes have begun to detach me. They are too weird and thus don't feel meaningful in developing Misaki and Usui's relationship. Like some bloody hypnotist. It worked wonderfully in Angel Beats but in this show the creep is just bloody annoying, especially since this is shoujo and thus everybody simply allows the dude to run freely causing a mess and nobody will try to really confront him (much less kick his sorry ass).

Marik
Sun, 07-04-2010, 04:06 PM
[Nipponsei] Kaichou wa Maid-sama! Original Soundtrack.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama%21%20Original%20Soundtrack.zip.torrent)

Kraco
Fri, 07-09-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm certainly happy that this episode restored my faith in the show:

Episode 15 - FFFFFFFFFFPeeps (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=142585)

- - - - - - - -

Like I said in the previous post, the recent episodes with their random and largely useless contents had eroded my faith in the strength of the story at large. Of course that erosion is anything but impartial because objectively speaking this show is also about other things than Misaki and Usui's relationship (and Misaki's sister who I also find interesting). However, this episode turned out to have jolly good stuff, even if Misaki and Usui's shared time was quite limited. But the last scene more than paid back for it.

The next episode looks interesting as well. I guess even shoujo shows have obligatory beach episodes, haha.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-17-2010, 11:18 AM
FFFpeeps - Episode 16 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=144162)

----------------------------

"Usui you idiot!"

I can only agree after he cheated me out of all that Misa-chan fanservice. :(

On a different note, are Japanese schoolgirls really afraid of ghosts, or is that just a recurring gag that only works in anime? I can't imagine them being any more scared than schoolgirls elsewhere (ie not very scared at all).

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-24-2010, 01:52 AM
FFFpeeps - Episode 17 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=146091)

Kraco
Sat, 07-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Seems like Misaki can't keep denying it too long anymore. She was already responding positively to Usui's attempt to kiss her. I guess Aoi is starting to like Misaki as well but I doubt he will be much of a threat to Usui.

Usui is highly selfish. And we still know zilch of his circumstances. I wonder if he has lost important people seeing how he wants to monopolize Misaki so forcefully.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Seems like Misaki can't keep denying it too long anymore. She was already responding positively to Usui's attempt to kiss her. I guess Aoi is starting to like Misaki as well but I doubt he will be much of a threat to Usui.

I strongly agree, especially after you consider the fact that he likes cross-dressing so much. (I have never encountered a girl who likes cross-dressers, rare as the topic is).

Usui is highly selfish.

Perhaps, but I thought it was justified. I truly felt sorry for him during this entire episode. Misaki was going on and on about how Aoi was trying his best, that his pride was on the line, and that Usui was playing around with his resolve.

The lack of expression on Usui's face shows just how much his own feelings for Misaki were being shunned, neglected and ignored.

Our main couple mightn't have kissed in the end, but in my books it's as good as done.

I thought the romance/comedy mix this episode was done even better than usual.

Kraco
Sun, 07-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Perhaps, but I thought it was justified. I truly felt sorry for him during this entire episode. Misaki was going on and on about how Aoi was trying his best, that his pride was on the line, and that Usui was playing around with his resolve.

The championship part might have been justified indeed but I don't think the earlier ones so much. Like supposedly leaving the kiss mark on Misaki's back to prevent her from wearing the swimsuit and even hampering her enjoyment of the onsen trip for the same reason. Plus how he did absolutely nothing unless it directly related to his own entertainment or his desire to possess Misaki.

Not that I'd hate him for it. He's a pretty typical bishounen "hero" of a shoujo series thrown in a bit more atypical shoujo series, which actually makes him kind of funny. For example how he's not boring at all despite excelling at everything.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 07-25-2010, 03:23 AM
The championship part might have been justified indeed but I don't think the earlier ones so much. Like supposedly leaving the kiss mark on Misaki's back to prevent her from wearing the swimsuit and even hampering her enjoyment of the onsen trip for the same reason. Plus how he did absolutely nothing unless it directly related to his own entertainment or his desire to possess Misaki.

I thought the kiss mark went too far as well, partly because he came out of nowhere and just did it. This time round was different because he actually came out and asked if Misaki can change her mind about it, and she didn't even give it a second thought despite knowing how Usui feels about her.

The way she was focused 100% on Aoi and lost sight of everything else justifies Usui's action this time IMO.

Kraco
Fri, 07-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Flat as a board:

Episode 18 - FFFpeeps (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=147612)

- - - - - - - - -

A good episode, although highly unsurprising. But it's not like the show would have ever been too surprising. Still, as expected as it was, it's a good thing Misaki and Usui form the new pair. The villainous student council president of the other school doesn't really feel too exciting as a major enemy, but at least it's not somebody forming a love triangle (since I dislike those). In fact the lack of a triangle is probably one of the reasons why I like this series so much...

Maid Latte must have a really good location if it's worth it to buy the whole building only to demolish it and build another one.

Idealistic
Fri, 07-30-2010, 08:59 PM
I like the little development between the two as each episode goes by. Was wondering when it was going to happen in this episode because it seemed to have taken a turn after the beach. I knew Misaki and Usui would be paired up somehow, but it definitely caught me by surprise she just grabbed his hand like that.

But finally! We're seeing lewd things being done to her. Although she did it to herself. Let's just hope Misa really flattened out her chest just for this event and it's just not her default size. Hehe.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 07-30-2010, 10:44 PM
I like the little development between the two as each episode goes by. Was wondering when it was going to happen in this episode because it seemed to have taken a turn after the beach. I knew Misaki and Usui would be paired up somehow, but it definitely caught me by surprise she just grabbed his hand like that.

But finally! We're seeing lewd things being done to her. Although she did it to herself. Let's just hope Misa really flattened out her chest just for this event and it's just not her default size. Hehe.

We got to see her in a swimsuit last time (even if only for a brief moment, thanks to a certain somebody), but she's a good size. Not too large, and not too small.

Usui had to act out his part too, so other people wouldn't get suspicious and go "confirm" for themselves.

In a related note, I've read that traditionally, one wears a kimono without any breast support, and the way the clothing is pulled around the body adversely affects the shape of the breasts.

Kraco
Fri, 08-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Unfairness:

Episode 19 - FFFPeeps (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=149282)

- - - - - - - - - -

Not a bad episode, although I'm not sure if ending the footman competition with a moral lesson was the most innovative thing ever - but then again, this has hardly ever been a series aiming for uniqueness.

At least there was plenty of Misaki-Usui interaction. Not to mention Misaki finally visited Usui's (desolate) home. She didn't seem too relaxed over there, though, seeing how she was again rejecting Usui like in the beginning of the story, in contrast to the beach scenes.

The next ep preview looked more fillerish again.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-14-2010, 10:34 AM
FFFPeeps - Episode 20 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=151160)

Kraco
Sat, 08-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Yukimura and his sister were really similar. Other than that, not an awesomely interesting episode, especially the second part. It really feels they are just filling episodes waiting for the last one.

The next one, based on the preview, looks like a typical shoujo plot one with a rival for Usui. Although considering how Usui has been wooing Misaki for so long with so little progress (though not without any), I fail to see how any completely new guy could hope to achieve anything. I hope they manage to surprise me (but not with the new guy actually getting Misaki, haha).

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-15-2010, 01:27 AM
Yukimura and his sister were really similar. Other than that, not an awesomely interesting episode, especially the second part. It really feels they are just filling episodes waiting for the last one.

The next one, based on the preview, looks like a typical shoujo plot one with a rival for Usui. Although considering how Usui has been wooing Misaki for so long with so little progress (though not without any), I fail to see how any completely new guy could hope to achieve anything. I hope they manage to surprise me (but not with the new guy actually getting Misaki, haha).

The ED2 suggests to me that the new guy may have some sort of past with Misaki though (not that Misaki necessarily cares for him much).

The second part of the episode sure felt like some time-filling content, but I rather enjoyed some of it. I actually like seeing some cross-dressing Aoi, since it's a lot more interesting than the vanilla male one. For one, we got a depiction of an S Misaki. :D

Buffalobiian
Fri, 08-20-2010, 09:28 PM
FFFpeeps - Episode 21 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=152843)

Kraco
Sat, 08-21-2010, 07:40 AM
I still can't figure Usui out. Misaki of course is the stereotypical person who can't openly admit her own feelings, although privately she certainly has done so already. Yet with Usui I find myself thinking, time after time, that he actually for some reason even couldn't start to date anybody and is thus only going as far as he can. He no doubt genuinely likes Misaki, though.

I can't explain his behavior any other way. Unless he's simply plain weird. Maybe this arc will be good, after all, if it reveals Usui's reasons by introducing the new guy going after Misaki as well. I hardly think Misaki will fall for him. He belongs together with the three idiots anyway, the only difference being he's more straightforward due to the history.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-22-2010, 09:36 AM
I can't explain his behavior any other way. Unless he's simply plain weird. Maybe this arc will be good, after all, if it reveals Usui's reasons by introducing the new guy going after Misaki as well. I hardly think Misaki will fall for him. He belongs together with the three idiots anyway, the only difference being he's more straightforward due to the history.

Just as Usui is "cool" amongst his peers, Hinata's "cuteness/earnest" card has already earned him a reputation in the school a being likable.

I wonder if his feelings will change once he finds out that Misaki can't actually make a cake...

I'm willing to bet that Usui's reason for not going serious has something to do with the "I don't want to lose someone important again" line of thinking.

Kraco
Sun, 08-22-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm willing to bet that Usui's reason for not going serious has something to do with the "I don't want to lose someone important again" line of thinking.

Damn that would be boring. But then again, this series has done nothing to skirt cliches so you might very well be correct.

Kraco
Tue, 08-31-2010, 06:15 AM
Competition complexity:

Episode 22 - FFFPeeps (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=155151)

- - - - - - - - --

Looks like I misjudged Usui. Based on this episode, and it seemed like he was talking honestly, it seems he simply has no idea how to really get Misaki to become his girlfriend. Despite the fact he appears to be such a ladykiller and is always acting coolly.

At least Misaki is getting more and more flustered in his company. The series will end soon so Usui better come up with a master plan in short order.

rgrintz
Sat, 09-04-2010, 09:39 PM
here is 23.

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=156097

Kraco
Sun, 09-05-2010, 01:18 AM
They have made Misaki too thick. Or actually I don't even know if it should be called thickness because she has heard confessions from both of the guys so it's a nobrainer why they would be at each other's throats over her attention. But then again, she's actually still denying any of the confessions could be true and not just jokes, so who knows...

I hope one of the other workers at the cafe really kicked her ass, figuratively speaking, to explain nobody would go as far as Usui as a joke.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 09-06-2010, 05:19 AM
I hope one of the other workers at the cafe really kicked her ass, figuratively speaking, to explain nobody would jump as far as Usui as a joke.

Reminded me of his leap of faith, which brings back how much a role he played as her "keeper of secrets", and the subsequent feelings when she decided to simply reveal it to Hinata.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-11-2010, 02:07 AM
FFFpeeps - Episode 24 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=157580)

Kraco
Sat, 09-11-2010, 03:41 AM
No matter how thick she is, surely after this she won't deny anymore knowing how Usui feels. It was also perfectly fitting that Usui got to hug Misaki and Shintani got to hug a tree.

I don't even know anymore what she's afraid of, making her so hesitant and prone to deny hers and others' feelings. There was the father leaving the family issue but it hasn't been referred to since the very beginning so it's hard to imagine it would really be weighing her down. Their mom is still around so it's a bit hard to imagine she would really need to sacrifice all of her own happiness like is the situation oft in stories of total orphan siblings, where the eldest one takes the role of a parent and has no other life.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-12-2010, 05:44 AM
No matter how thick she is, surely after this she won't deny anymore knowing how Usui feels. It was also perfectly fitting that Usui got to hug Misaki and Shintani got to hug a tree.

You're so cruel Kraco :D

Usui's magic was perfect. This sort of stuff keep happening though, and always ends up being reset more or less the week after. Just how many times must Usui win a girl over?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-18-2010, 09:23 PM
FFFpeeps - Episode 25 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=159283)

-----------------------------

Usui pulled the puppy look. Now that's progress.

Kraco
Sun, 09-19-2010, 10:07 AM
It seems like there's indeed some progress. Misaki lets her honest feelings slip through and somehow I feel like she's getting more comfortable in Usui company, with hostility turned into embarrassment.

Too bad the next ep is the final. That doesn't leave much room for anything grande. I hope there's some sort of conclusion at least.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-19-2010, 10:28 AM
It seems like there's indeed some progress. Misaki lets her honest feelings slip through and somehow I feel like she's getting more comfortable in Usui company, with hostility turned into embarrassment.

Too bad the next ep is the final. That doesn't leave much room for anything grande. I hope there's some sort of conclusion at least.

It seems Hinata's going to try to pull something bold after the all-but-final victory here by Usui. I really can't figure out whether Misaki will give a firm answer this time as a finale, or if she'll once again give a wishy-washy (but still favoured towards Usui) response.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-23-2010, 12:06 AM
[Nipponsei] Kaichou wa Maid-sama! ED2 Single - Mugen Loop [heidi.].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Kaichou%20wa%20Maid-sama!%20ED2%20Single%20-%20Mugen%20Loop%20%5Bheidi.%5D.zip.torrent)

David75
Sat, 09-25-2010, 04:22 AM
[FFFpeeps] Kaichou wa Maid-sama 26 [720p][6D0473E3].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=160674)

At last...

Kraco
Sat, 09-25-2010, 05:11 AM
Hrmph... It was conclusive after a fashion but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me how Usui's circumstances were left unrevealed. We know all there is to know about Misaki but pretty much all we know about Usui is that he lives alone. That's somewhat unbalanced development considering they were the couple of the romance story. It also means, in my opinion, that the series ended greatly unfinished. I'm generally of the opinion not everything needs to be explained but this hardly falls under that category.

Lots of potential lost due to the meaningless episodes we got in the middle of the show. Those minutes could have been used far better.

I don't think this was a bad series, in fact I liked it quite a lot, but it fell short, no matter how you look at it.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-26-2010, 12:37 AM
It continues in the manga. I'm not sure what is covered now though.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-26-2010, 02:57 AM
Hrmph... It was conclusive after a fashion but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me how Usui's circumstances were left unrevealed. We know all there is to know about Misaki but pretty much all we know about Usui is that he lives alone. That's somewhat unbalanced development considering they were the couple of the romance story. It also means, in my opinion, that the series ended greatly unfinished. I'm generally of the opinion not everything needs to be explained but this hardly falls under that category.

Lots of potential lost due to the meaningless episodes we got in the middle of the show. Those minutes could have been used far better.

I don't think this was a bad series, in fact I liked it quite a lot, but it fell short, no matter how you look at it.

It was unbalanced if you took it as an entire story, but from my perspective as this being an intro that ended at a milestone, it's done pretty well. They way they rounded off the final moments leaves me wishing it had more conclusiveness to it (such as Hinata seeing the entire thing), but if the manga's continuing, I'd really rather they didn't screw up.

The only reason to feel cheated is because they baited us with the ED2, but never followed through with it.

I can't remember if the development in Special A was equally one-sided, but I was completely fine with that. Likewise, I considered this a very enjoyable watch.

Kraco
Mon, 01-31-2011, 11:37 AM
A special of a kind:

Special - FFFPeeps (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=190709)

It was an amusing watch, mostly.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-15-2011, 11:49 PM
FFFPeeps - BD Episode 27 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=213944)

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 05-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Great now I want more episodes.

Kraco
Mon, 05-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Quite a nice special. Although Hinata's absence would have made it even better.

Seeing Misaki's sister and mom in the maid uniform, acting accordingly, was a jolly bonus.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Quite a nice special. Although Hinata's absence would have made it even better.

But if he wasn't there, Usui wouldn't have had an excuse to go to Misaki's house. (last time he visited was because the mum dropped stuff too.. lol)

Not that perverted aliens need reasons.

I just felt sorry for those brothers and sisters who got ruthlessly poisoned so their siblings to get their tiny bit of screentime. It was obviously the case.