View Full Version : B Gata H Kei

Marik
Thu, 04-01-2010, 08:01 PM
http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/bgata.jpg

Alternative title: B型H系 (Japanese)

Type: TV
Producers: Hal Film Maker
Genres: Comedy, Ecchi, Romance, Seinen

Summary: Yamada is a virgin high school student who dreams of having 100 casual sex partners. However, she ends up targeting and pursuing only one boy.

Links: Official Site (http://www.bgata-hkei.com/) | ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=11199) | AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=7286) | MyAnimeList (http://myanimelist.net/anime/7817/B_Gata_H_Kei)

---

[CoalGuys] B Gata H Kei - 01 [531DF322].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=122121)

Nadouku
Thu, 04-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Even though the premise sounded ridiculous, the first episode was actually quite funny.

Marik
Thu, 04-01-2010, 11:20 PM
lol @ wanting to have sex with 100 guys, then running away from the very first erection.

Yamada is insanely cute. I'll probably keep watching it for that reason alone. I just wish it wasn't censored.

Kraco
Fri, 04-02-2010, 04:35 AM
Yes, it was a hilarious episode. I will keep watching. It also didn't hurt Yamada shares the VA with Katanagatari's Togame. Both have lots of ambition, even if one collects swords and one intends to collect men.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-02-2010, 06:23 AM
I like the fact that the main character in this shoujo is actually a bishoujo, and is aware of it. It feels refreshing, and is a very good setup for great gags, like this episode proves.

David75
Fri, 04-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I hope they can keep up with the good laughs, even if I can see the idea losing momentum very quickly if they do not have other things in store

Yukimura
Fri, 04-02-2010, 10:40 AM
I know I shouldn't have been but I was surprised at how quickly implications underlying the score 100 fuck buddies premise turned out to be almost completely bravado. My take on Yamada is that she's yet another status oriented high school girl who happens to associate sexual achievement with status instead of clothes or pedigree or popularity. With my expectations more realistically adjusted I still think this show might scare up some laughs but how many ways are there for a cowardly girl on a mission to try and be forward with a shy guy?

I was comforted by the fact that the guy was able to at least touch her instead of running screaming for the hills at the first hint of her offering him her sexuality. Let's see if he can man up some more and this goes somewhere.

animus
Fri, 04-02-2010, 01:35 PM
She has so many ero-hon and she gets scared that easily?

Archangel
Sat, 04-03-2010, 12:56 AM
... glad to see that gg's translator is still in the scene, this show just wouldn't be bad enough without liberal translation galore

oyabun
Sat, 04-03-2010, 06:36 AM
hahaha this show is hilarious. Aside from that, this show supplies my ecchi animes requirement per season.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-03-2010, 09:12 AM
I expected this to be ecchi and funny, but I didn't expect to laugh this much.

It's not deep humour, but it feels like it's just a little bit above slapstick - ie enough to not feel stupid and 100% artificial afterwards. There were quite a few suggestive shots (as expected), but only a few were unnecessary, while the rest were more or less plot-related, salvaging it from the "cheap" zone.

Likewise with Yamada sounding cute and innocent. Anything less and she would be labeled slut.

So far this is my favourite this season.

Alhuin
Sun, 04-04-2010, 04:29 PM
First episode was splendid. I didn't think I would laugh as much as I did, since I expected this to be like most ecchi shows with slapstick humour (as Bill mentioned above). I also agree with Yuki on two parts: First, that it definitely felt like the 100 sex partners goal is just a take on how she perceives her status, and secondly, I was extremely relieved that the guy was able to touch and make (some) moves on her. That always kills me in traditional ecchi shows.

I will definitely be keeping up with this one.

masamuneehs
Mon, 04-05-2010, 01:22 PM
i dunno, guys, i was sorta expecting this to be to Nyan Koi what Maria Holic was to Zetsubou, and so far this just isn't as funny. i guess, once i saw "Sexually Shy MAIN interested in Also Very Shy LOVE INTEREST quests for 100 CAT-ER-SEX OBJECTIVES" i just started expecting this to be Nyan Koi, and it's not.

i might watch another episode when it comes out but, i just didn't laugh much at all at this first episode

Archangel
Mon, 04-05-2010, 01:34 PM
I didn't find it all that amusing or interesting either, but i guess i did get a couple of laughs and i like it how they're not going overboard with the fanservice ( or maybe LvB just made it look tame in comparison )

Still, i won't make any final decisions at least until episode 2

Buffalobiian
Tue, 04-06-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm pretty happy with the current level of comedy, so as long as they can manage to keep it fresh I'm cool.

Heh, and unlike Nyan Koi since it was mentioned, it's unlikely she'll get past Task 1 at this stage :p

Sapphire
Thu, 04-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Haha this anime is so awesome. This season is a good one so far. Need more!

Marik
Fri, 04-09-2010, 12:07 AM
[CoalGuys] B Gata H Kei - 02 [A708B8F5].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=123503)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-09-2010, 09:34 AM
A little bit flat compared to last episode, but still rather enjoyable. Besides the random metaphoric images like the telescopic camera lens, the best humour comes from Yamada and Kosuda being on completely different pages.

I had to laugh at this one (http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/4082/grab09507.png). Not very effective at keeping the opposite sex out, but it sure gets the message across. :p

And this (http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/441/grab00187.png) has to be my favourite part of the OP (I'd make a left-right-left-right gif if I could)

Archangel
Fri, 04-09-2010, 10:52 AM
And this (http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/441/grab00187.png) has to be my favourite part of the OP (I'd make a left-right-left-right gif if I could)
I'll make you one when the BD's clean opening comes out

Nadouku
Fri, 04-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Heh, Yamada sure has high expectations for Kosuda.

Sapphire
Fri, 04-09-2010, 02:43 PM
LOL!!! Helping her rival? Wow, even Sawako has more balls then Yamada.

Yukimura
Wed, 04-14-2010, 09:30 AM
I started falling asleep during ep two and with that I've decided to leave this one alone. I liked the concept but the execution just didn't do enough for me over two episodes to justify watching it. Maybe there will be an upswing later on and I'll marathon it once it's over.

masamuneehs
Wed, 04-14-2010, 11:46 AM
i actually liked episode 02 heaps better than 01. quite a bit cliche in times, but i find that i really like Takeshita and Yamada together, and some of the gags / lines in this episode were pretty funny

Takeshita is a pretty likable "the supportive friend" character, and her boyfriend was a nice touch, as well. also like that Yamada is sometimes just so impossibly crude

and i really do need a comedy in my life somewhere...

Marik
Fri, 04-16-2010, 02:31 AM
[CoalGuys] B Gata H Kei - 03 [EE01648B].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=124795)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Heh, this show's not getting much love, but it could just be the lack of debatable things. Another funny ep.

Kraco
Sat, 04-17-2010, 01:48 PM
The dark room portion was nice and underlined the contradiction in Yamada's character: Innocence yet a great craving for ecchi. All in all this show doesn't really offer a whole lot to talk about. I like this and it entertains me greatly but what's there to talk about? There's no depth to speak of.

David75
Sat, 04-17-2010, 02:15 PM
There's no way you would not be able to recognise a boob placed in your hand.
Other than that, that show is watchable and I think I will continue to.

animus
Sat, 04-17-2010, 06:28 PM
I was expecting the 2nd place Beauty Pageant girl to have been of more value. She is in the OP, though briefly after all.

Marik
Sat, 04-17-2010, 07:01 PM
I was expecting the 2nd place Beauty Pageant girl to have been of more value. She is in the OP, though briefly after all.

Ditto. She's shown in the ED also. I was expecting her to snatch Kosuda away from Yamada and dance with him at the bonfire to create some drama, but it didn't happen, which is kind of disappointing to me.

Kraco
Sun, 04-18-2010, 01:49 AM
The ED shows a shot of all the main characters (?) and the 2nd place girl is in it together with some dude. So, I never expected her to be interested in Kosuda. I believe her importance in this episode was simply to make Kosuda think Yamada is out of his league.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-18-2010, 02:09 AM
The ED shows a shot of all the main characters (?) and the 2nd place girl is in it together with some dude. So, I never expected her to be interested in Kosuda. I believe her importance in this episode was simply to make Kosuda think Yamada is out of his league.

One of the main points that amuse me in this show is watching all of Yamada's attempts backfire on her. Like entering the beauty contest so Kosuda would value her. Like showing the stats card so Kosuda would be attracted to her.

Archangel
Sun, 04-18-2010, 01:58 PM
So instead of baseball terms the Japanese use letters for sexual achievements?

Nadouku
Mon, 04-19-2010, 01:32 AM
I liked the tree picture that Kosuda took. It looks very good even for anime standards.

Kraco
Mon, 04-19-2010, 01:58 AM
I wonder if real photography clubs in Japan still stick to b/w films. Developing colour pictures was a more arduous process whereas b/w was so simple even I've done it but these days when digital cameras are far more prevalent, colour is the norm, surely. A digital camera and a decent printer. I don't think the artistic value of b/w is anymore so highly valued as it was at some point before the digital revolution.

masamuneehs
Mon, 04-19-2010, 08:13 AM
kraco, you're such an unromantic fagwad.

i think i'll be sticking around for the rest of this show. it's funny sometimes, but the romance is starting to grow on me (i can't help but love when a guy is out of a girl's league, but she makes the effort to go for him anyway). the fact that Yamada is trying to dupe herself into feeling unintersted in Kosuda makes it better, as it doesn't at all feel like an underdog story (more like a sympathetic telling of "the frog prince")

Alhuin
Tue, 04-20-2010, 01:13 AM
The beginning of this show hooked me, but now I'm slowly losing interest. The darkroom "rape" scene was pleasing, but Yamada's attitude is simply annoying. I know that she still believes her only attraction to Kosuda is wanting to have sex with him, so I can understand her willing advancements. But what I don't understand is why she thinks her off-putting and disgraceful attitude will make him want to do anything with her. Like Kosuda pointed out either in this episode or the last... she is too confusing, and her confusion pisses me off for some reason.

That being said, I'll probably continue to watch, if only for the sake of seeing something happen between them.

Marik
Thu, 04-22-2010, 11:47 PM
[CoalGuys] B Gata H Kei - 04 [EDE606E8].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=126158)

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 04-23-2010, 06:59 AM
Ahhh this show is awesome. I kept on laughing my ass off. And this time it didn't even end in a complete failure!

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-23-2010, 08:14 AM
I liked the use of music during and immediately after the kiss scene. It was.. funny, to say the least.

All the funny stuff aside, we got some character development as Kosuda starts to seriously consider whether he actually likes Yamada or not. I'm actually hoping for a scene in the future where he actually rejects her advance outright by saying he's unsure of their relationship, making her consider the same thing (and wonder why she's hurt over such a "normal" guy.)

Archangel
Fri, 04-23-2010, 10:12 AM
This whole anime is so unrealistic and unrelatable...

I don't care if it's your first time or whatever, there is no guy in existence that would ever be nervous enough to pass on so many chances at once

The humor isn't all that great either, i'm not sure why i'm watching this

Kraco
Fri, 04-23-2010, 10:23 AM
This was a fine episode. I'm actually liking their hesitation. Usually I find it more or less annoying in series. Yamada is so weird with her contradictory personality.

The two sisters form an interesting yet classic pair of desiring and lacking what the other has. Although naturally Yamada will most likely drop the idea of having 100 guys and stick to Kossu (Kossu is a nickname for the most popular vodka brand in Finland, btw).

masamuneehs
Sun, 04-25-2010, 09:05 AM
This whole anime is so unrealistic and unrelatable...

I don't care if it's your first time or whatever, there is no guy in existence that would ever be nervous enough to pass on so many chances at once

no way dude. i was pretty sure anime was world renowned for its realistic, true-to-life stories, characters and delivery.

seriously, i remember being nervous as fuck when it came to first romance in high school... so i sorta find their enduring meekness to be cute. it's annoying, too, but mostly cute.

the two sisters really are a nice pair. i thought there could have been a real easy joke about all of Yamada's sister's boyfriends simply being lolicons (the camera voyeurs appeared in this episode, so why not the lolicons?), but i think it's just funny to see how they're exact opposites. every Macbeth needs a Banquo...

the one thing about this show is the

"Yamada!" "Kosuda!" "Yamada!" "Kosuda!" "Yamada!" "KAGOME!!!!" (someone will understand what I'm talking about...) that just always gets on my nerves. feels like really shoddy writing to me...

the show is fun enough. it's not endearing fun like Nyan Koi or delirious fun like Zetsubou, but it's fun enough.

Alhuin
Sun, 04-25-2010, 11:05 AM
the one thing about this show is the "Yamada!" "Kosuda!" "Yamada!" "Kosuda!" "Yamada!" "KAGOME!!!!" (someone will understand what I'm talking about...).

This is one of the reasons I dropped InuYasha. I noticed it here as well, and, while it is very annoying (as well as both characters lack of steady development)... for some reason this episode made me hate Yamada less than the last episode. Sure, I still wanted to bitch-slap her when she was in the library and still had a haughty attitude towards hanging out with Kosuda, but I think the scene where they kissed and she ran away because she wasn't sure what to do redeemed her character a bit. It made me realize that she actually had no idea what she is doing, and her haughty self is just a front. She hasn't admitted to herself that she has feelings for him, but she is starting to realize something isn't right (to her).

I agree with Bill though that eventually Kosuda should either reject or pause some of Yamada's advancements, stating he is unsure of their relationship, and wants to know how she truly feels... or something.

Sapphire
Sun, 04-25-2010, 11:22 AM
B Gata H Kei manages to find a loophole in my irrational hatred for Tsundere's, by actually being the first show I've seen to adequately speak from the point of view of one. Yamada and Kosuda's date was completely messed up, with her walking around in front the whole time and Kosuda following around like a scared puppy dog. And then the sudden bouts of awkward intimacy that almost makes it obvious that she's only using him to get laid.

Those two mixed together are sort of annoying for me, but I like that the show has already jumped to intimacy with sex (?) as the main goal, except for the typical romance that has expression of feelings as the main goal. (This is also why I like Arakawa, where they already begin on a relationship level).

The best point of the show is when Kosuda realized he probably doesn't even have feelings for Yamada, that he's only doing all of this because she's hot. It seemed more like an actual realization than the sort of girly tsundere-like denial that Yamada is going through - a development that I quite liked.

Oh and the 'plop' sound when he touched her other boob was hilarious. Such audacity! And then the realization that he can't actually feel anything, as well as Yamada's reactions via body language and Kosuda's complete misinterpretations of them.

David75
Sun, 04-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Your post made me realize that in some ways, Kosuda was asking himself wether he was with Yamada just for sex or not... Which is Yamada's objective as a front at least. Quite funny if you ask me.
His reaction is very normal for a 15 years old guy, full or hormones, that would go anyways to get his first time... or not! Reminds me of these wonderful days when sex was in like 99% of my thoughts.

Alhuin
Sun, 04-25-2010, 11:29 AM
He didn't realize he probably doesn't have feelings for her, he pondered whether his feelings were just based on her looks, or if he truly liked everything about her. He was getting ready to tell her he liked her, but he stopped because he wasn't sure of the basis for his feelings. But then they kissed, and his feelings were reaffirmed, hence his "I will follow you everywhere" bit.

EDIT: David, you're fast. But, your post made me think about what you said (regarding his thoughts about sex). I guess an argument could be made that his realization of "like her just for her looks" relates to his wanting to have sex with her, thus mimicking the feelings of wanting to be with her, but I didn't delve at it that far.

His realization that Yamada seems like she wants to have sex (cause he still doesn't know that's all she wants) was much later in the episode, and he was going to act based off that, until the camera people ruined the mood for them.

Sapphire
Sun, 04-25-2010, 11:34 AM
He didn't realize he probably doesn't have feelings for her, he pondered whether his feelings were just based on her looks, or if he truly liked everything about her. He was getting ready to tell her he liked her, but he stopped because he wasn't sure of the basis for his feelings. But then they kissed, and his feelings were reaffirmed, hence his "I will follow you everywhere" bit.

I interpreted that as a more, "Who cares if I like her or not? She's hot as hell and I'm going to get some of that!" sort of reaction.

Alhuin
Sun, 04-25-2010, 11:41 AM
I interpreted that as a more, "Who cares if I like her or not? She's hot as hell and I'm going to get some of that!" sort of reaction.

While that is a typical high school male reaction, I still believe that isn't the case for Kosuda. I mean, as Arch pointed out, he is completely unable to take advantage of opportunities that are presented to him (multiple times in this one episode), so I cannot see him being interested only in sex. Whereas Yamada physically states it, and attempts to place themselves in situations that could lead to sex, Kosuda has only ever just wanted to be with her, until her actions cause him to become aroused. If he seriously believed he just wanted to be with her for sex, I feel he would become a lot more forceful with her advances.

David75
Sun, 04-25-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't know how it worked for you guys, but I remember I was totally overflown with sex thougts and aroused by anything related to women that had even a distant relation to sex.
It was some kind of burning torment, always there, but as any other human being I was controling that through self control and social behaviour.
I remember the first times I had opportunities and I was litteraly shaking, not knowing what to choose beetween the force keeping me civilised and social, or letting go of myself and having the hormones take over my body.
I think of that as something funny nowadays, but at the time it was incredibly disturbing and powerful.
Kosuda probably isn't as sexually obsessed as I was then -after all his brain is available for photography :D - but I can perfectly picture his mindset where he can't choose beetween his instincts and his reasoning, the easy way out being the usual question "Hey, am I even in love with her" when his body screams "WHO CARES YOU MORON!" :D

Alhuin
Sun, 04-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Psh, I'm still overflown with sex thoughts. >_>

Anyways, like I said, all this applies to typical high school males... however, one thing we have learned from anime is that nothing is typical (unless you define a typical tsundere). So while there isn't enough evidence to point either way, I still say that, based on current events, there is more at work than just his hormones.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-25-2010, 07:09 PM
By the end, I believe he adopted the "Just do it" attitude.

Marik
Tue, 04-27-2010, 03:13 AM
[Nipponsei] B Gata H Kei OP ED Single - Oshiete A to Z [Tamura Yukari].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20B%20Gata%20H%20Kei%20OP%20ED%20S ingle%20-%20Oshiete%20A%20to%20Z%20%5BTamura%20Yukari%5D.zi p.torrent)

[LonE] B Gata H Kei OP & ED Single - Oshiete A to Z [Tamura Yukari].rar (http://losslessone.fansub-torrents.com/%5BLonE%5D_Tamura_Yukari_-_B_Gata_H_Kei_OP_ED_Single_-_Oshiete_A_to_Z_%5Bw_scans%5D_%28mp3%29.rar.torren t)

Marik
Thu, 04-29-2010, 11:17 PM
[CoalGuys] B Gata H Kei - 05 [DF9C7910].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=127629)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Well even if Yamada keeps getting it wrong, at least Kosuda's happy about the fanservice this time to indicate things are moving along.

I'm mildly surprised those two don't talk to each other much at all during school. I can see Yamada being all high 'n mighty while Kosuda's chickening out, but you'd think something would change after their kiss.

Kraco
Fri, 04-30-2010, 09:22 AM
What would they talk about? Yamada's head is full of unrealistic sex dreams 24/7 and Kosuda being a typical anime male lead wouldn't dream of talking about sex with a girl.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-30-2010, 09:25 AM
What would they talk about? Yamada's head is full of unrealistic sex dreams 24/7 and Kosuda being a typical anime male lead wouldn't dream of talking about sex with a girl.

Well that's true. I was hoping something was going to follow up Yamada's fondness of Kosuda's photography, rather than simply realising he sees things in a different perspective.

masamuneehs
Fri, 04-30-2010, 11:46 AM
"Jane pretends to be indifferent, but she's nuts about Bob."

loved this episode, but the CoalGuys were trolling us hard throwing in all those "him/his" when Glasses Girl was talking about bringing chocolate to the Kosuda household. it was strange that she referred to Kosuda's sisters as "Kosuda-kun" (then again, that's a girl who refers to herself with the Naruto / Bleach manliest 'ore'), but a good bit of misleading on their part there

Kraco
Fri, 04-30-2010, 01:07 PM
It seems to me Glasses girl was really taking the chocolate to the Kosuda guy, not his sister. While it was indicated earlier she initially liked the sister, I think she has since shifted her attention to more hetero possibilities. So, I deem Coalguys decided to simply use "him" from the beginning of this episode, despite the fact it might kind of spoil later parts of the ep.

Alhuin
Fri, 04-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Watching this episode sort-of made me cringe.

First of all, I came to the realization of just how much time has passed since Kosuda and Yamada began... confusing one another. Didn't the anime start out at the beginning of the school year? I can only assume that's around August/September, and this episode took place around/on Valentine's day. You'd think with that much time, they would be in a slightly further position than having just kissed. The individual episodes make it seem like things start progressing quickly, but when you look at the entire timeframe, not much has happened at all.

Secondly, I hated that Yamada didn't have a stronger reaction to hearing/seeing that Glasses girl made Kosuda an extravagant Valentine's cake. It's been hinted at several times that she has stronger feelings for Kosuda than just wanting to have sex with her, so seeing that competition, you'd think she would be hurt/afraid a bit more. I mean, when she thought they were dating, she couldn't sit still, and hated the thought of them being together. I guess maybe she thought she had Kosuda wrapped around her finger enough that Glasses girl's cake wouldn't sway him?

Thirdly, I hated Kosuda's response when Yamada confronted him about liking girls with no underwear. Pulling from Archie and David above, no guy in their right mind would answer that with either a "No" or an "I don't know". The question wasn't instigating who he would like without underwear, it was simply ANY girl without underwear, and any healthy male (which Kosuda has demonstrated he is, even before this episode) would like that. Even if he was trying to demonstrate some self-control, or whatever, in front of her, he could have mentioned that the thought intrigues him, but he hadn't thought about it until she asked him. That at least gives the illusion that he likes it, but isn't a pervert.

I've never been quite adept at criticizing a show, or putting exactly how I feel into words, but as much as it may seem that I hated this episode, I actually enjoyed it, overlooking the issues. Aside from one episode of Mai Hime, this is the only show I can think of with a female character coming to school without wearing any underwear, so it was nice to see something different, even though nothing really happened. And having Kosuda openly show his enjoyment of Yamada's body (even if he was alone) makes me feel like he might start being less reserved soon.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Thirdly, I hated Kosuda's response when Yamada confronted him about liking girls with no underwear. Pulling from Archie and David above, no guy in their right mind would answer that with either a "No" or an "I don't know". The question wasn't instigating who he would like without underwear, it was simply ANY girl without underwear, and any healthy male (which Kosuda has demonstrated he is, even before this episode) would like that. Even if he was trying to demonstrate some self-control, or whatever, in front of her, he could have mentioned that the thought intrigues him, but he hadn't thought about it until she asked him. That at least gives the illusion that he likes it, but isn't a pervert.

I would have answered "I don't know"....

Alhuin
Fri, 04-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Why? It's not like answering the question honestly indicates what type of human being you are. It's only natural that that would interest a male. And frankly, if someone is bold enough to ask you that question, they should be prepared for your response, and not think differently of you when/if you answer yes.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-30-2010, 11:33 PM
It's more like the fact that I wouldn't have a response ready, and the first thing I say when that happens is "I don't know".

And really, I wouldn't know. It's not like she's asking if "I'd like to be flashed by a commando or non-commando girl". If I'm just asked whether or not I'd like girls going commando, I wouldn't really care as the effect should be minimal. (Yamada would insist otherwise, but that's her)

Alhuin
Sat, 05-01-2010, 12:18 AM
You have a point... I guess the context of the question is what matters. Since she more or less asked if he liked the idea of girls without underwear, instead of whether or not he enjoyed being flashed by girls without underwear more than those with underwear, it could be safe to assume that he doesn't really care either way as well. So maybe that's why he answered the way he did, because "the effect would be minimal either way".

masamuneehs
Sat, 05-01-2010, 12:36 AM
i would have said "i don't know" because, especially with Yamada's semi-stardom within the school, I'd be afraid she was laying a trap for me. sure, she's been pretty forward so far, but most of her advances go right over Kosuda's thick head.

you don't tell your first high school crush that you think bondage is hot, even if that's the honest truth...

The individual episodes make it seem like things start progressing quickly, but when you look at the entire timeframe, not much has happened at all.

not sure what your high school life was like, but i remember it could take quite a while to really open up and get with people, particularly if one (or both) people were shy / insecure or if there were extraneous things like mistakenly thinking they're interested in someone else, whatnot. but, hey, at least that's what i remember. some people fucked right away (usually semi-alcohol poisoned)

The Japanese school year starts in April, so it's almost been a year since the series started. It's pretty common in these light / unoriginal anime / manga for them to stick to certain big events and make single episodes based around those events. They are almost always: the new school year beginning, a local / school festival, summer vacation (Obon), Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's Day, White Day, Graduation.

There's also almost always (in a school setting): part-time job episode, school club/activity episode, trip to Tokyo/Kyoto (sometimes mixed with the summer vacation episode). I also notice there's usually alot of episode centered around summer vacation either beginning or ending ("We didn't do anything this summer vacation" and "frenzied planning and then summer vacation"). Also quite common are: Friend has a dilemma episode, Pool/Beach/Onsen episode, Teacher Crush episode, Rival from another Class/School episode.

am i missing any?

Alhuin
Sat, 05-01-2010, 01:49 AM
In my high school days, even for shy/insecure individuals, or misunderstood situations, something more than a kiss would happen after a few months at least. And if nothing happened, then one, or both parties, would move on. Doesn't necessarily have to be "fucking", but even if sex was involved, it sure as hell didn't take almost a year to get anywhere. But my discussion on realizing the length of time between Kosuda and Yamada wasn't intended to gauge their sexual intimacy, but just their intimacy in general. If they started school in mid-April, and kissed around Christmas time, that means it took a good 8 months for that to happen... but because of the episodic nature of the show, it didn't really seem like it was that long. I was just merely pointing out that in the actual time frame, not much has happened... and they way they are moving, it almost feels like they won't get any further by the end of the school year. But I guess that's where the next summer episode comes in.

Also, I realize the common events/scenarios that present themselves in this genre of anime. But thanks for listing them all out so I have an easy way to keep track! :)

Marik
Fri, 05-07-2010, 01:12 AM
[CoalGuys] B Gata H Kei - 06 [949B3912].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=129043)

animus
Fri, 05-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Kyouka's evil laugh was quite interesting.

Marik
Fri, 05-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Kyouka's evil laugh was quite interesting.

I hated that laugh, but it was funny how she stopped doing it so quickly and returned to her proper form every time her maid came in. She takes brother complex to the extreme.

Kraco
Fri, 05-07-2010, 03:07 PM
I imagine her poor evil laugh was like that to signify she's such a n00b villainess. Just like Yamada is nothing but a wannabe slut.

I found it a little sad Yamada in her honest moment didn't even remember Kosuda's existence, not even in the sense of thinking he's too uncool to be introduced as her boyfriend. That doesn't bode well for them. He should go for the glasses girl. But of course he doesn't know this happened so it's all moot.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-08-2010, 12:27 AM
I hated that laugh, but it was funny how she stopped doing it so quickly and returned to her proper form every time her maid came in. She takes brother complex to the extreme.

Especially from that back-breaking laugh at the piano resetting right back to default Fabulous mode.

The pulse rate detection was funny. She has to be turned on to go inside. :D

Marik
Sat, 05-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Especially from that back-breaking laugh at the piano resetting right back to default Fabulous mode.

Haha, yeah. The piano scene was definitely the best one.

I find it amusing that she feels the need to hide her evil side from her maid, but shows no shame when it comes to her brother complex.

The pulse rate detection was funny. She has to be turned on to go inside. :D

For a second there I thought Yamada was going to be right about the contents of that box. Kyouka was so hot and bothered that it looked like she was going to pull out a vibrater and start pleasing herself.

Alhuin
Sat, 05-08-2010, 10:52 AM
I knew the vibrator gag was too obvious, after Yamada envisioned it, and then Kyouka was all "hot and bothered". I expected it to be something of her brother's... like a naked picture of him or something... cause I did fully expect her to break down and masturbate (since we've seen it happen by another girl already >_>). But the shrine was a surprise.

That aside, the brother complex itself was too obvious, the moment she mentioned she was in love with someone and was waiting for him to "come back". I actually thought of it when she mentioned he was the one that took her photos for the magazine, but there was no definitive proof in that scene. Her personality is rather enjoyable with her evil side (that can quickly reset) and her confusion about why her brother complex is considered wrong. I was bored with her typical ojou-sama attributes at the beginning. At least you could tell the laugh was forced, and she wasn't used to it.

Yamada, again, annoyed me by not thinking of Kosuda when asked about her boyfriend (even if it was in a way saying "he's too much of a loser to be considered my boyfriend, I just want to have sex with him"). But, I've come to appreciate this series when I think about it terms of a comedy with no plot. If I stop caring about any development, then I can enjoy the series much more, so I laughed quite a bit during this episode. Need more Yamada's sister, in my opinion, though.

Sapphire
Sun, 05-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Yamada simply needs to hook up with Kyouka's onii-chan to even the scales.

Marik
Thu, 05-13-2010, 11:34 PM
[CoalGuys] B Gata H Kei - 07 [87967BC2].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=130440)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Kanejou's got style, and I like style. Kick-ass swimsuit, elegance + fabulous sparkles where ever she goes? Yamada can only hope to beat her in libido. And if it wasn't for the limiter ala Brother Complex, she could well lose in that too.

"Oh My God!" was pretty hilarious.

Kraco
Fri, 05-14-2010, 10:21 AM
One funny part was how Yamada ended up participating in the grown-up men's war game.

The whole competition between Kanejou and Yamada seems a bit silly and fruitless. They are so different girls and with different aims. The only thing they share is the desire be the queen of the school, but I bet if they sat down and started to ponder what it means to be the queen, their lists would have only a few shared points. But of course that hardly has any relevance in a comedy series and it's not like it would bother me. Just saying.

Marik
Sat, 05-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Sub comparison.

Kraco
Sat, 05-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Maybe I should switch subbers... I haven't really paid that much attention to it because this show hardly needs high quality subbing in the first place, but I have to admit some CoalGuys decisions are hard to ignore.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I noticed some inconsistencies when I watched them this time round (less so the previous eps), but I didn't think anything of it since impact was minimal anyway.

neflight86
Mon, 05-17-2010, 12:31 AM
The bottom screen cap made me laugh a little....

masamuneehs
Tue, 05-18-2010, 11:59 AM
at first i thought Kanejou was going to be just another boring character, but it's pretty funny how her and Yamada are such good contrasts.

Two girls who are confident, beautiful, competetive and ruthless, both with sexually deviant goals that they immerse themselves in realizing while trying to maintain a respected position of adoration amongst their peers. Both have no parents and exactly one female confidant, who try to dissuade the girls from their deviant paths, but ultimately support them in their quests.

And that's the only thing they have in common.

Yamada is trying to "master" one guy so she can boink everybody in the world. Kanejou is trying to "master" everybody in the world so she can boink one guy.

Yamada is poor, crass, cold, a bit of a dolt in social situations and all around awful at (almost) everything her peers care about. Kanejou is rich, elegant, warm, courtesan and the absolute best at everything that her peers care about.

well, i think it's pretty cool. but since the main characters are Yamada and Kosuda, it's not like it's ever going to get further than the premise it is.

i also thought coalguys went way overboard with their attempts to make the translations stylized and humorous. UTW, on the other hand, has some very stiff translating style, and I don't like that either, especially when it's just a silly comedy...

basically, i don't mind when coalguys takes liberties and localizes their subs, so long as they're actually funny...

Marik
Fri, 05-21-2010, 12:31 AM
[CoalGuys] B Gata H Kei - 08 [2DC5D487].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=131930)

animus
Fri, 05-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Maybe it's just me, but that was kinda painful to watch. The whole episode was so boring.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-21-2010, 08:06 PM
I thought it was slightly heart-wrenching at times, especially when Kosuda felt really when he thought Yamada was on a different level to him.

Then, when he finally had the guts to confess, she kept running away, he must have felt pretty shit. :(

Kraco
Sat, 05-22-2010, 02:29 AM
I thought the conclusion was really sad with Yamada only running away after Kosuda finally gathered his guts to confess. But looking at the next episode preview, it might turn out to be a good thing. After all, it's above all Kosuda's lack of courage and boldness that has kept Yamada from her dream as well. It's true she mostly draws back after the first ecchi thing has happened but if Kosuda was bolder, he could just take her and I doubt she would complain afterwards.

masamuneehs
Mon, 05-24-2010, 11:37 AM
wasn't so big on this episode. Yamada is a real bitch for running away. of course the guy is going to feel like shit if that's how she acts right after he confesses to her...

this show is feeling quite drawn out now...

Marik
Fri, 05-28-2010, 01:02 AM
[CoalGuys] B Gata H Kei - 09 [090D767B].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=133496)

OP PV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ww48_xEGQM&fmt=22)

Kraco
Fri, 05-28-2010, 02:17 PM
I wonder if all the pics Kosuda took feature Yamada... At least it wasn't shown that he would have taken other kind of photos like he should have as the official photographer.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-30-2010, 11:32 PM
I wonder if all the pics Kosuda took feature Yamada... At least it wasn't shown that he would have taken other kind of photos like he should have as the official photographer.

When he was doing a good job (to the extent that it annoyed Yamada) during the Kyoto trip, so I'm guessing he did an equally professional job here. I guess the story just isn't focusing on Kosuda's photography potential anymore. (the equipment comparison was pretty funny).

All up it was quite a bittersweet episode - both bitter AND sweet thanks to Yamada. It's refreshing to finally see Kosuda take the lead after all these episodes. It obviously wasn't working with Yamada in the pants. I was rather surprised at her "service" though. It would be less so in private, since she's already flashed him and everything, but given her reluctance to acknowledge her relationship with him especially in public, it felt a bit out of place.

I'll be looking forward to Kyouka making advances on Kosuda next episode, since she hasn't really done much all this time while Yamada's "boyfriend" remained a mystery to her.

Besides our two rivals, I'm starting to like the droopy-girl in their class.

Sapphire
Mon, 06-07-2010, 02:28 PM
[UTW]_B_Gata_H_Kei_-_10_[h264_720p][0DF6471D].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=135728)
[UTW]_B_Gata_H_Kei_-_10_[XviD][1795A40C].avi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=135849)

Marik
Wed, 06-09-2010, 01:18 AM
[CoalGuys] B Gata H Kei - 10 [A3ACCDA3].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=136150)

Marik
Fri, 06-11-2010, 02:06 PM
[CoalGuys] B Gata H Kei - 11 [0D11BE42].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=136665)

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 06-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Great episode as always. Who knew Kanejou was a closet perv like that. Good to see they made some real progress though. Even though they got interrupted

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Kosuda, you the man yo!

Considering everything that's happened up so far, it's safe to say that guy's got balls. It's a shame Yamada says she'll take her time though. In anime-speak, that means nothing will ever happen, and this episode will likely be the closest thing to "raw" footage we'll ever get.

I hope at the very least, the next episode will end this series with a kiss and knowledge of Yamada's given name.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-13-2010, 05:39 AM
It's really funny it was translated as "raw". I think the closest translation is "live" as in seeing it live as opposed to looking at a screen, but "raw" is a million times funnier. Kudos to the translators. It gave me a stomach ache though.

Kraco
Mon, 06-14-2010, 11:29 AM
That was some reversal from Yamada, but on the other hand she always turned so embarrassed and stressed when things actually started to happen that it's not really any wonder. Kosuda surprised me positively. Although it's not like he wouldn't have wanted Yamada from the beginning and the only thing previously stopping him was uncertainty of Yamada's intentions and feelings.

Marik
Fri, 06-18-2010, 12:53 AM
[CoalGuys] B Gata H Kei - 12 [0017B6C5].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=137949)

David75
Fri, 06-18-2010, 08:13 AM
censorship ruined that ep big time, but it still managed to be fun.

I did not have much hope for that show, but eventhough the production costs are at a minimal in several areas and the subject was prone to big failure, in the end it was a nice watch. It did its job to enjoy me, laugh a bit and release some stress.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-18-2010, 10:37 AM
I did not have much hope for that show, but even though the production costs are at a minimal in several areas and the subject was prone to big failure, in the end it was a nice watch. It did its job to enjoy me, laugh a bit and release some stress.

It definitely accomplished its comedic goals, if nothing else. I thought this final episode was a lot more funnier than the previous ones.

Ultimately, they both went further but also didn't go as far as I expected. Kosuda getting as far as finding her hole took me by surprise as I was convinced the last episode's breast fondle was the hottest we'd get, but I would have thought at least they'd end with a confession, or acknowledge each other as partners.

In any case, a fun series with solid adult comedy. My only regret is not seeing a sexually suggestive Kyouka.

Kraco
Fri, 06-18-2010, 01:32 PM
It was an entertaining watch. I didn't really expect any more ecchiness than we got and the censoring was given considering this was still a comedy series first and foremost, despite the core idea. So, keeping that in mind, the censoring didn't actually ruin anything for me personally. Though like Bill I didn't really anticipate the scenes we did get.

But at least those two became a solid pair, which is more than great many series ever manage.

ForteCross
Sat, 06-19-2010, 03:34 PM
what did they wished for in that last pic? UTW didnt translated it...

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-19-2010, 09:47 PM
what did they wished for in that last pic? UTW didnt translated it...

Paraphrased from Coalguys:

Kosuda: What did you wish for, Yamada?
Yamada: Obviously what you wished for.

Archangel
Sat, 06-19-2010, 11:32 PM
They sure cranked up the sexual aggression for the finale

Fun show, i wouldn't be opposed to the possibility of a second season

masamuneehs
Mon, 06-21-2010, 07:29 AM
i'm sorta glad this one's over. it was funny, but it dragged toward the end, and there's only so many times you can do the "they are going to have sex, BUT THEN...!!!" gag

found the side characters to be a pretty entertaining lot, but was especially pleasantly surprised by Yamada's character. she was outwardly crass, sass, tits and ass, but in the end just another 'stronger-than-average-personality'.

soundtrack was ultimately forgettable, and the VA performances were good, but not unforgettable. some of the SFX were pretty fitting, but i think i might have been paying more attention to them because the animation budget was so tight in parts.

the ending was totally forgettable. no real conclusion, no real climax. a bit disappointing.

the censorship is a granted, but i was pretty amazed how far they pushed with the raunch factor in this show.

it passed the time well enough.