PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 489

Marik
Wed, 03-31-2010, 07:25 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/489-94/2) | Direct Download (http://static3.mangastream.com/download/Naruto_489.zip)

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-31-2010, 07:36 PM
Kabutoro is my hero. Apart from Deidara and Sasori... who are the rest?

Marik
Wed, 03-31-2010, 07:44 PM
First and second ones look to be Nagato and Kakuzu.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-31-2010, 07:46 PM
I looked again and I actually think its Nagato/Pain. He's also on the 'bones'.

But yes... second one is Kakuzu. You are right.

Who is the last one? Orochimaru?

Marik
Wed, 03-31-2010, 07:50 PM
Yeah, the first one seems to be Nagato. Last one looks like Itachi to me.

So it's Nagato, Kakuzu, Deidara, Sasori, & Itachi. The 5 dead ones of the original 9. Konan, Zetsu, Kisame, & Hidan (in a hole) are the remaining 4 that are living.

lol @ Tsunade wanting to eat Ton Ton.

animus
Wed, 03-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Kishi is doing some huge retconning. I don't remember it ever mentioning the 2nd Hokage having an ability like resurrecting the dead, considering he was a water user and his defining ability was making water out of nothing, but whatever.

Since when was the Death God Seal as simple as a seal on a scroll, wtf? All kinds of disappointed. The mystery of the Death God seal and it's something like this?

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-31-2010, 08:00 PM
Yeah. The seal part was lame, but I loved the zombie akatsuki, lol.

Marik hit the nail. Its Itachi. He has his face marks. Now lets have Sasuke see the body so he gets more emo and uses it as a Teddybear.

Sidnne
Wed, 03-31-2010, 08:26 PM
Pretty cool chapter.

It sounds like what many were hoping for is going to come to be; Naruto is going to learn how to fully control the Kyuubi. Between the "key" and the meeting with the "octopus" that should teach him how to do it. And it should end up being the power-up he needs to fight Sasuke, since he said he was no match for him before.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 03-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Nice to see naruto is going to get a power up to match sasuke's eternal mangekyou. Also zombie atkasuki are just made with win. I was honestly wondering how the hell mandara was planning to wage ware on the entire ninja war when most of atkatsuki was completely decimated.

Now looks like he's got a fighting chance. Also if I remember correctly from when oro used the edo tensai against the third the undead people summoned retain their personalities. I can't wait to see what Zombie itachi will have to say to sasuke. I can only imagine he'll be very disappointed.

Sidnne
Wed, 03-31-2010, 10:13 PM
Kabuto has a habit of playing all sides though. When Anko was wondering if he would go after the Leaf or Akatsuki, and then Kabuto said he figured he would visit Tobi "first," well that kinda gives me a sense that he will be contacting Konoha at some point with an offer to aid them as well.

In fact, didn't he already give Konoha a book containing information on Akatsuki? So it seems he already is playing both sides. He has his own agenda.

darkshadow
Wed, 03-31-2010, 10:17 PM
Edo Tensei? I forgot Oro had access to such a broken (but awesome) technique.

And also kakashi said the 6th, so that means danzou never did become hokage, lol.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 03-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Edo Tensei? I forgot Oro had access to such a broken (but awesome) technique.

And also kakashi said the 6th, so that means danzou never did become hokage, lol.

Danzou was never officially sworn in by the feudal lord.

Naruto looked reluctant to place his hands on the seal. I am thinking that he wants to do this without the Kyuubi's power.

Sam98034
Wed, 03-31-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm confused. I thought what was happening is that they were asking Naruto to get rid of the kyuubi. By release I thought they meant get rid of it. I'm guessing they mean something else completely?

Assertn
Wed, 03-31-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm confused. I thought what was happening is that they were asking Naruto to get rid of the kyuubi. By release I thought they meant get rid of it. I'm guessing they mean something else completely?

They mean that technique, obviously.

Sidnne
Wed, 03-31-2010, 11:28 PM

Think of "release" in this sense as "unleash" or paradoxically, "harness" (the power of). In pretty much the same sense as when Danzou said he was going to "release" his arm.

4u2nv
Wed, 03-31-2010, 11:45 PM
Didn't Nagato have black hair?

Although seeing Itachi is very interesting...
How will he see now that his eyes have been transplanted into Sasgay?
Unless Itachi has Sasgay's old eyes...

I'm questioning Kakazu's power... since I THINK his other hearts were destroyed?

Keno
Thu, 04-01-2010, 12:01 AM
OMG, I just had an awesome thought. Since part of the EMS power is to actually control the Kyuubi, and even though I really don't like Sasuke's recent mega powerups, I thought, wouldn't it be awesome if Sasuke actually destroyed Konoha even worse than Orochimaru and Pain, by actually controlling a fully released Kyuubi/Naruto. Basically a "history repeats itself" attack on Konoha by the Kyuubi, only this time, it's actually Naruto being controlled by Sasuke, instead of just the Kyuubi and Madara.

I just think it would be full of epicness. How would the tables turn after that, lol, I dunno. :p

Couple of good tidbits on this chapter. Karin interrogation was cool, and hopefully something comes out of that. They pretty much spoiled us from a Naruto and KB encounter, but oh well. The ability to finally use the whole Kyuubi power. And finally, the 5 dead dudes. I'm not a fan of rehashing dead characters, but for some reason, I just felt like.. "OMG, this could actually be interesting!". I guess it could be by the fact it was done by Kabuto and not Madara.

Good chapter all around IMO. Although Naruto is beginning to look like he's maxing out on power already. Can't think of any other powerup after the Kyuubi is fully unleashed. Maybe the series is really winding down to a conclusion? :(

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 04-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Think of "release" in this sense as "unleash" or paradoxically, "harness" (the power of). In pretty much the same sense as when Danzou said he was going to "release" his arm.

I wonder if they are going to throw in a way for Naruto to be able to fuse with the elders like Jiraya,

Great to see Karin try to play the victim and then saying 'f-it' and wanting food. I can see her helping Naruto in the Sasuke v Naruto show down.

redcat
Thu, 04-01-2010, 09:34 AM
so after all this time naruto is going to get full control over the 9 tails just by doing this?

toonice714
Thu, 04-01-2010, 10:25 AM
This might finally be the that jutsu that was mentioned so long ago.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/251/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/251/14/
there was never a line indicating a broken promise for using it. like sorry but i gotta use this type of thing.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 04-01-2010, 11:39 AM
question: can naruto fuse himself with a frog and create a half way sage warrior? like how Jiraya was instead of a perfect fusion (that still looks like Naruto)?
if he can get into a half frog mode, then eating worms ramen won't be so disgusting...

and still, Karin is the best. and Kabuto rocks.

RyougaZell
Thu, 04-01-2010, 11:46 AM
He can't go frog mode because of the kyuubi. Fukusaku once tried and failed.

rockmanj
Thu, 04-01-2010, 12:02 PM
I think that jutsu might have something to do with unleashing pure Kyuubi power or something. Anyway, he is apparently going to become Bee's student at some point, and I am looking forward to some 8+9 tails team ups. That would seem like overkill, but with the resurrection of those Akatsuki members, they might have their hands full (along with all the other captured beasts...wow, Madara is building quite a force).

And I think Naruto's system works quite well. In fact, I believe that Fukusaku said that Naruto was able to succeed where Jiraiya failed by using KBJ and reverse summoning.

Splash!
Thu, 04-01-2010, 01:01 PM
so after all this time naruto is going to get full control over the 9 tails just by doing this?

Let's not forget the octopus in the frog sage's vision. He is probably going to learn a few things from Killerbee.

Sam98034
Thu, 04-01-2010, 04:27 PM
This might finally be the that jutsu that was mentioned so long ago.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/251/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/251/14/
there was never a line indicating a broken promise for using it. like sorry but i gotta use this type of thing.

I could be mistaken, but wasn't that about the Rasenshuriken because it damaged his arm?

And I thought they were referring to his still incomplete Rasenshuriken. He did say he still hasn't perfected the technique, correct?

Tofu #2
Thu, 04-01-2010, 06:07 PM
I could be mistaken, but wasn't that about the Rasenshuriken because it damaged his arm?

And I thought they were referring to his still incomplete Rasenshuriken. He did say he still hasn't perfected the technique, correct?

you are mistaken
those pages are right before the mission to save gaara, the rasenshuriken was developed after chakra natures were introduced.

Sam98034
Thu, 04-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Ok, then--I guess it's the mytery technique. This gives Kishi a plot device to overcome any obstacles using that technique. I love these.

Assertn
Thu, 04-01-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm pretty sure the technique jiraiya was talking about was the fox cloak.
Not to say that its different from the that technique mentioned in this chapter.

Hell, what better thing for Killerbee to teach Naruto than the ability to toggle on and off his cloak and partial transformations at will?

6Zabuza9
Fri, 04-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Didn't Nagato have black hair?

Although seeing Itachi is very interesting...
How will he see now that his eyes have been transplanted into Sasgay?
Unless Itachi has Sasgay's old eyes...

I'm questioning Kakazu's power... since I THINK his other hearts were destroyed?

I think all the akatsuki members will have their full power and Itachi would still have his eyes. If I recall correctly the bodies there aren't the actual the bodies of the akatsuki members but more like copies as Orochimaru used the the bodies of his sound genin to summon the old Hokages.

February
Fri, 04-02-2010, 10:20 PM
wow badass chapter

Kabutoro is an awesome villain.

I don't know who I like more: Madara or Kabutoro. I still think Madara would own Kabutoro in a fight though

Raven
Sat, 04-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Maybe the tentacles the oracle mentioned refers not to Killerbee's octopus, but to Orochibuto's snakes? She did say the vision was cloudy.

animus
Sat, 04-03-2010, 11:04 AM
But she said something along the lines of "It's not an octopus, the tentacles belong to that of an octopus" or something like that.

Sam98034
Sun, 04-04-2010, 04:25 AM
:p
But she said something along the lines of "It's not an octopus, the tentacles belong to that of an octopus" or something like that.

What? Now I'm more confused.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 04-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I never really understood all this key to seal business, or really what "that" jutsu is supposed to be. This is one of the few things I don't feel "strongly" about one way or another, so I have some hope that this could turn out to be something interesting. I hope it's something more than just raw power though.

I'm not actually a fan of zombie akatsuki though. Never been a fan of anything brought back from the dead, either to life or the undead. They feel like yesterday's news and their being brought back cheapens who they were and what they did when they were alive. The first and second being brought back during the Orochimaru fight were different because at that point we didn't really know who they were or how they fought.

redcat
Sun, 04-04-2010, 12:58 PM
pretty sure it's killerbee. the 8 tails has octopus tenticles but its not an octopus, it has as ox part or whatever it was.

Stitch
Sun, 04-04-2010, 08:47 PM
but killerbee (and his entire village for that matter, and therefore the whole bullshit alliance) is unknowingly compromised by that sword mofo so wtf eh? somewhere along the way this story got all kinds of messed up -- tentacle raped, if you will

SilentSnake
Mon, 04-05-2010, 07:31 AM
but killerbee (and his entire village for that matter, and therefore the whole bullshit alliance) is unknowingly compromised by that sword mofo so wtf eh? somewhere along the way this story got all kinds of messed up -- tentacle raped, if you will

Naruto saves the octopus and in return it teaches him how to cooperate with his tailed beast.

And rhymes.

Sam98034
Wed, 04-07-2010, 03:01 AM
Naruto had a master that was too busy checking out chicks to teach him a lot. This time it will be a master too preocupied with rapping. I can see it now.

"Teach me that new jutsu"
" First you gotta get this free style flow down son"

dude78
Sat, 04-17-2010, 03:22 PM
OMG, I just had an awesome thought. Since part of the EMS power is to actually control the Kyuubi, and even though I really don't like Sasuke's recent mega powerups, I thought, wouldn't it be awesome if Sasuke actually destroyed Konoha even worse than Orochimaru and Pain, by actually controlling a fully released Kyuubi/Naruto. Basically a "history repeats itself" attack on Konoha by the Kyuubi, only this time, it's actually Naruto being controlled by Sasuke, instead of just the Kyuubi and Madara.

I just think it would be full of epicness. How would the tables turn after that, lol, I dunno. :p

Couple of good tidbits on this chapter. Karin interrogation was cool, and hopefully something comes out of that. They pretty much spoiled us from a Naruto and KB encounter, but oh well. The ability to finally use the whole Kyuubi power. And finally, the 5 dead dudes. I'm not a fan of rehashing dead characters, but for some reason, I just felt like.. "OMG, this could actually be interesting!". I guess it could be by the fact it was done by Kabuto and not Madara.

Good chapter all around IMO. Although Naruto is beginning to look like he's maxing out on power already. Can't think of any other powerup after the Kyuubi is fully unleashed. Maybe the series is really winding down to a conclusion? :(
only problem with that is that genjutsu doesnt work on hosts hence the fight between sasuke and 8tails

Archangel
Mon, 04-19-2010, 12:41 AM
only problem with that is that genjutsu doesnt work on hosts hence the fight between sasuke and 8tails
It doesn't work on Jinchuriki's who have full control of their beasts, Naruto is still quite susceptible to illusions