PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 444

Assertn
Sun, 03-28-2010, 12:48 AM
funimation (http://onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx)

Oh the insanity!

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Man, that guy is way to evil and clearly a foil for Zoro. He's obviously going to end up joining Blackbeard. Either before or after Blackbeard beats him.

On that note...Blackbeard actually has, you know, a beard now.

Heh, shit is just falling apart for the poor jailers.

I'm kinda hoping that Whitebeard does end up dead. It's a lot to hope for since nobody in One Piece has died except in flashbacks from before the series. But he's old, and sick, and him dying would actually change the balance of the world apparently. And with everything arrayed against him if he doesn't die, it's really gonna hurt the WG's position as credible badguys in the series.

Besides, Ace needs to take his place as one of the Four Emperors.

Sentenal
Mon, 03-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Looking forward to Luffy confronting Blackbeard here, since it was Blackbeard's fault that Ace is in the situation he is in.

Assertn
Mon, 03-29-2010, 02:31 AM
I wonder how Shiryu's blade ranks in that list of rare swords

Archangel
Mon, 03-29-2010, 02:58 PM
I wonder how Shiryu's blade ranks in that list of rare swords

Wasn't there a very small number of them? I think we're running out

DarthEnderX
Mon, 03-29-2010, 03:52 PM
No, there's like 300something.

I remember Tashigi was all like, "The 56 works of soandso! The 24 resplended blades" etc.

EDIT: Found it explained here (warning: its the One Piece wiki, so there's probably spoilers on the page, but I didn't see any while looking for the stuff I wanted.):
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Saij%C5%8D_%C5%8C_Wazamono_Grade_Swords

Basically, there's 50 Third Class swords, 21 Second Class swords, and 12 First Class swords.

Zoro's got two Second Class swords.

So, yeah, there's a ton of space left on the list for Shiryu's sword.

UChessmaster
Mon, 03-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Zoro's got two Second Class swords.

What rank is his third sword?

Assertn
Mon, 03-29-2010, 09:05 PM
The cursed sword is not among the top three

Marik
Mon, 03-29-2010, 11:09 PM
[yibis] One Piece 444 [720p] [18DBB0CF].mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=34166)
[yibis] One Piece 444 [400p] [F87D8BA4].avi (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=34183)

DarthEnderX
Tue, 03-30-2010, 02:47 AM
The cursed sword is not among the top threeAlthough apparently it's two older cursed brothers ARE.

Maybe as Zoro defeats the holders of those swords his sword will absorb it's brother's powers! Muhahaha!

Of course that's assuming they aren't all just nicely made pieces of metal and actually have innate power to them...

Kraco
Tue, 03-30-2010, 04:22 AM
Besides, Ace needs to take his place as one of the Four Emperors.

We don't even know if Ace survives this ordeal. Shounen textbook says he will, but One Piece isn't, fortunately, above seeking its own paths instead, ignoring such traditions. It would depend on what kind of an impact this whole arc is supposed to have on Luffy and the world.

Harima Kenji
Tue, 03-30-2010, 08:36 AM
A bit of a dumb question, but is the opening still full of spoilers, or is it safe to watch it now? :D

Archangel
Tue, 03-30-2010, 09:11 AM
A bit of a dumb question, but is the opening still full of spoilers, or is it safe to watch it now? :D
The opening is idd full of spoilers but out of context i doubt any anime watcher would notice any of them

That said if you still want to play it safe you should wait a few more episodes

DarthEnderX
Tue, 03-30-2010, 12:08 PM
We don't even know if Ace survives this ordeal. Shounen textbook says he will, but One Piece isn't, fortunately, above seeking its own paths instead, ignoring such traditions. It would depend on what kind of an impact this whole arc is supposed to have on Luffy and the world.Fucking Oda wouldn't even kill Pell, there's no way he's killing off Ace.

I wouldn't even believe that he was going to kill off Whitebeard if it weren't for the fact that he already seems to be dying and that this whole arc is kind of pointless if Whitebeard doesn't die.

Kraco
Tue, 03-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Pell indeed didn't have the decency to stay dead but on the other hand that decision didn't have relevance beyond that particular arc. It's not like we are likely to see the dude ever again, or if we do, I doubt he's going to be doing anything significant someone else couldn't do. Ace's fate, however, could potentially have a real effect on the rest of the series.

Archangel
Tue, 03-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Pell indeed didn't have the decency to stay dead but on the other hand that decision didn't have relevance beyond that particular arc. It's not like we are likely to see the dude ever again, or if we do, I doubt he's going to be doing anything significant someone else couldn't do. Ace's fate, however, could potentially have a real effect on the rest of the series.

And then there's this (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/19/) ...

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Pell indeed didn't have the decency to stay dead but on the other hand that decision didn't have relevance beyond that particular arc. It's not like we are likely to see the dude ever again.Well, the same could have been said about Hachi, or Mr. 3 or Buggy etc. You never know when someone you thought was left far behind in the story suddenly becomes important again.

But Pell is hardly the only example anyway. There's plenty of characters that SHOULD be dead, especially because them surviving kills all the emotional impact of their supposed noble sacrifice.

Hmm, that just reminded me of something. I was kind of expecting Tom to be here in Impel Down. Back in the flashback they said he was taken to Impel Down. I don't think they ever came out and said he was executed, so I thought he might still be imprisoned here.