PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 488

Marik
Wed, 03-24-2010, 04:58 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/488-79/2) | Direct Download (http://static.mangastream.com/download/Naruto_488.zip)

rockmanj
Wed, 03-24-2010, 05:06 PM
I wonder if Tsunade will give up the title? It's not like she really wanted to be Hokage anyway.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-24-2010, 05:10 PM
For once I liked the chapter. Maybe it was because it felt like the old Naruto chapters. Though last page ruined it. He's stronger just because he got new eyes? Bullshit.

Root forces can be a good asset is they manage to control them. And for a moment I thought Tsunade died. Its been a while since Kishimoto hasn't really screwed a good scene.

Whistling
Wed, 03-24-2010, 06:04 PM
I too, enjoyed Naruto acting like himself again. It was refreshing.

Tsunade is baaaaaaack! Welcome back curves, we missed you!

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-24-2010, 06:18 PM
I liked the part when Naruto is turning back from everybody, laughing and joking, but then we see that's he's serious about something.

edit: Oh, there's Hinata.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-24-2010, 06:24 PM
I liked the part when Naruto is turning back from everybody, laughing and joking, but then we see that's he's serious about something.

edit: Oh, there's Hinata.

Hinata's on the background hidden by Naruto's head. She was besides the wood where Kiba is resting.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 03-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Rofl....anyone notice this:

"You guys went to kill Sasuke, and he was weakened? How the fuck is he still alive?"

Sakura: "Oh, uh...Madara was there, yeah, that's it...<.< >.>"

?

Bitch.

Showtimedr
Wed, 03-24-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm finding myself a fan of Karin's now. Kinda hope they do a subplot of a love triangle with her naruto and Hinata. And yeah kill Sakura while she is at it.

animus
Wed, 03-24-2010, 07:17 PM
I CAN FEEL THE POWER FLOWING INTO ME.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 03-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Kiba: "You've been whining since this whole Sasuke thing started, Naruto!"

I loled, truer words have never been spoken.

Now that Sasuke part of the story is finally done, maybe we can get something good going.

Archangel
Wed, 03-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Hinata makes her triumphant return... FUCK YOU KISHI!

The dark chakra, tt's just like... sasuke's? Is kishimoto so hung out of ideas that he wants to steal the psuedo-jinchuriki plot from the Asuma filler?

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Naruto said that he couldn't beat a half blind, almost beaten to death Sasuke? Unless he knew he was already poisoned (which was a shameful mistake really), I don't see how he can come up with such a conclusion.

Now Sasuke has EMS, and Naruto is so badly screwed.

darkshadow
Wed, 03-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Naruto said that he couldn't beat a half blind, almost beaten to death Sasuke? Unless he knew he was already poisoned (which was a shameful mistake really), I don't see how he can come up with such a conclusion.

Now Sasuke has EMS, and Naruto is so badly screwed.

Indeed quite rediculous, that would basically mean a full powered sasuke with EMS would be the most powerful ninja in existence by far, such BS. I really hope Naruto knew he was poisoned.

I kinda hope that karin becomes a leaf ninja, she seems like the only smart (young) female in this manga.

I think Kakashi did become the 7th hokage, simply because tsunade is in no shape to become acting hokage atm, meaning konoha has multiple hokage again :]

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 03-24-2010, 08:26 PM
I am glad to see Tsundae back. Although Kakashi as Hokage would have been sweet!

Sidnne
Wed, 03-24-2010, 08:41 PM

Yeah, I liked that part too. There's a seriousness that he is keeping from everyone else while they think he is just the "same old Naruto."

Also... that evil chakra that Karin saw in Naruto... When I first read it, I thought she was referring to the kyuubi. But when she says "Its exactly like..." Then I'm thinking the next word is "Sasuke," and I'm thinking maybe she saw whatever Itachi put into both of them?

Keno
Wed, 03-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I liked that part too. There's a seriousness that he is keeping from everyone else while they think he is just the "same old Naruto."

Also... that evil chakra that Karin saw in Naruto... When I first read it, I thought she was referring to the kyuubi. But when she says "Its exactly like..." Then I'm thinking the next word is "Sasuke," and I'm thinking maybe she saw whatever Itachi put into both of them?

I thought she was refering to Sasuke being as evil as the Kyuubi itself. By the end of the manga Sasuke will be as evil and badass as the Kyuubi, Madara, and Orochimaru.. combined to the power of 10. Ridiculous.

And Naruto didn't think he could match up against him even when weakened? Or did I miss something. Doesn't that mean that a totally fresh Sasuke, and now with the added EMS hax would.. I dunno.. be unstoppable? Ridiculous.

Oh well. Still wanna know how everything will unfold. That's the only thing that keeps me reading this Sasuke manga series. Or was it called Naruto. I'm confused. :p

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 03-24-2010, 11:01 PM

I think that Karin is thinking the 8 tails. And I liked her comment about Naruto's chakra being warm and bright. Gives a tangibility to Naruto's likability.

Assertn
Wed, 03-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Hinata makes her triumphant return... FUCK YOU KISHI!

The dark chakra, tt's just like... sasuke's? Is kishimoto so hung out of ideas that he wants to steal the psuedo-jinchuriki plot from the Asuma filler?

The dark chakra, it's just like... Kyubi's? Itachi's (crow)?
There's plenty of reasons to see an evil chakra without it having to tie into Sasuke, you know.

Who gives a shit about the feudal lord meeting? A waste of two pages with a bunch of no-name characters that nobody cares about. Even their character designs make me angry. The Naruto speech and Karin's observations kinda brought me back to some of the good old days of Naruto, though... nothing to complain about that.

Sidnne
Wed, 03-24-2010, 11:26 PM
The 8-tails didn't seem evil though.

You have to remember that this whole "whats up with Sasuke? his chakra is cold and evil!" business didn't begin until Sasuke killed Itachi and started using Itachi's abilities. Without going back to look, it seems like the only times that Karin said something about Sasuke's chakra being "cold" was when he was using Susanno or other Itachi abilities.
And the way she talked about the chakra made it seem like it was not Sasuke's personal chakra, but something separate that was being summoned/channeled from within.

So, after spending chapters emphasizing the cold and evil chakra in Sasuke, and then she mentions the same about Naruto, who also received something unknown from Itachi, you'd have to believe that emphasis is for a reason and that there is a connection between the two.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 03-24-2010, 11:34 PM
There was another time when colored chakra was being spoken about. Back during the chuunin exam when Orochimaru said something like "I'm going to dye Sasuke's chakra MY color" *licks lips in a pedophillic way* Besides that being Orochimaru at his magnificent creepiest, combined with what Karin's been saying concerning chakra color, I think that the color of chakra really has to do with the kind of person you are. Good, evil, nice, not so nice, energetic, lethargic, etc. Nothing more to it. You can have dark/evil chakra without the source being from some demon or some other separate entity.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 03-25-2010, 06:35 AM
Yeah think she meant to say that Sasuke is just corrupted and rotten to the very core that his chakra is just pure evil. And remember what hte Kyuubi said? That Madara's charka was more sinister then his own? Sasuke became evil due to Madara and Naruto simply has a beast of pure evil within him. That is all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sasuke's EMS wouldn't work on Naruto because of what Itachi did. Hell maybe Itachi made Naruto immune to it somehow. That way it will be just old school jutsu throwing and beating each other to a snot without spamming the Mangekyou all the time.

Whistling
Thu, 03-25-2010, 05:36 PM
I hope the crow is an anti-EMS passive activation jutsu, or more realistically that Naruto begins anti-genjutsu training like Deidara did to kill Itachi with. I find that more probable and rewarding in the end b/c Naruto achieved it himself.

But I really do wanna find out what Itachi "gave" Naruto through the crow chakra. It'll be a life-saving "something" I bet later on, at some crucial moment.

Sam98034
Thu, 03-25-2010, 09:45 PM
To answer your question: the clap

But I think that the "something" has to do with what Naruto said when he admitted he could not beat Sasuke. What if Itachi made their souls tied to each other so that if Naruto kills Sasuke, they would both die, and vise versa.

Sidnne
Thu, 03-25-2010, 10:13 PM
But I think that the "something" has to do with what Naruto said when he admitted he could not beat Sasuke. What if Itachi made their souls tied to each other so that if Naruto kills Sasuke, they would both die, and vise versa.

That is very plausible. I kinda like that.

That would even turn his pleading to spare Sasuke's life from emo into self-preservation.

itadakimasu
Fri, 03-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Maybe I'm just forgetting about some BS revival thing happening.... But I thought Shizune was dead.

Marik
Fri, 03-26-2010, 08:07 AM
She was brought back to life when Nagato revived all the people that he had killed in Konoha.

Jman
Fri, 03-26-2010, 08:34 AM
I CAN FEEL THE POWER FLOWING INTO ME.

That made me lol.
Wonder if Kishimoto saw this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&v=2yepI7I0TlA) eps of the Fresh Prince. Skip to the 0:55 mark for it
:)

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 03-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Ah yes, the Bruce Leeroy glow of power >.< Sasuke's definitely feeling some of that right now.

itadakimasu
Fri, 03-26-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm confused about itachi's eyes too. He was going blind and looking to get new eyes.... so, how would his eyes be better than sasuke's eyes?

redcat
Fri, 03-26-2010, 02:18 PM
you would think both sets of eyes would have to be in good condition for them to stay that way. but i don't even know how someone can have 2 sets of eyes in them in the first place, so i don't try to think about it.

UChessmaster
Fri, 03-26-2010, 02:33 PM
I`m thinking what Karin saw was the Kyuubi chakra and what she was seeing in Sasuke during the kage meeting is a foreshadow that Sasuke has a tailed beast himself given by Madara, wich would sort of explain what Sasuke meant.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 03-27-2010, 12:56 AM
you would think both sets of eyes would have to be in good condition for them to stay that way. but i don't even know how someone can have 2 sets of eyes in them in the first place, so i don't try to think about it.

I assume they pluck out the old ones.

Sam98034
Sat, 03-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Basically, using M Sharingan deteriorates the eyes and makes you blind by the way it reacts with your body. If you have your brother's eyes, it reacts a little differently for some reason and your eyes do not deteriorate and you are not as weakend by its usage. I'm pretty sure that that is as far as the manga went into it.

It sounds unreasonable, I know. The only explanation I can think of has to do with alleles/chromosomes. You get some from your mom and some from your dad. Assuming you need both alleles for the M Sharingan to work properly and they are mutually exclusive (you can't have both, only one or the other), transplanting your brother's eyes that carry the allele would solve that problem. Of course, it would only work if your brother possessed the other allele, and not the same one you have. I'm sure this is exactly what Kishi is getting at. Positive.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 03-27-2010, 05:37 AM
maybe some sort of the reverse of an autoimmune thing?
using your own eyes causes a disease that your body can't deal with, but the white blood cells of somebody else can.

or maybe that MSharingan itself is trying to kill the user, and is hiding it's 'poison' inside the body cells, but a different person's immune system, isn't fooled by the poison mask, and attacks it

is there a doctor in the message board?

Stitch
Sat, 03-27-2010, 09:43 AM
WTF was the point of building Kakashi up to be the new hokage if tsunade was gonna live anyway... smh kishimoto, you fucking soap opera bullshitter

animus
Sat, 03-27-2010, 10:51 AM
If Kakashi had really become Hokage like in this chapter it's awfully anticlimactic. They were all just like, Kakashi we think you should be Hokage, and Kakashi was just all like "Ok."

redcat
Sat, 03-27-2010, 11:28 AM
I assume they pluck out the old ones.
I don't think so. I don't think that would make him any better off than itachi was.

it has something to do with this thing
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/09/
that holds 2 sets of eyes.

no clue what it's supposed to be or where it magically comes from. but the odd thing is that 2 sets of damaged eyes seems to be just as effective as 2 sets of good ones.

Assertn
Sat, 03-27-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't think so. I don't think that would make him any better off than itachi was.

it has something to do with this thing
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/13/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/386/09/
that holds 2 sets of eyes.

no clue what it's supposed to be or where it magically comes from. but the odd thing is that 2 sets of damaged eyes seems to be just as effective as 2 sets of good ones.

But also in the second page, they talk about the siblings' eyes "changing hosts"...which sounds like its just simply an implant.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 03-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Not to mention that they also talk about "exchange" in reference to the eyes so it does sound like a swap. But, yeah it'll be a little bit puzzling if Sasuke suffers no negative effects at all considering that Itachi was going blind. I would've thought at best, that once the transplant occurs, no degradation of the eye happens when using the Mangekyou. I wouldn't think that degradation that already occured gets reversed.

Jman
Sat, 03-27-2010, 09:19 PM
In any case, I'm just glad they weren't implanted into his arm a la Danzo...yuck.

Sam98034
Sun, 03-28-2010, 02:07 AM
I guess Sasuke should be more powerful than Madara, now. This is if it all works correctly and Sasuke gets new powers because even though Madara also has EMS, he is a "shadow of his former self." Itachi mentioned that gaining it would make him stronger because of the new power. That should be the logic of it, but I doubt that this is the case. No way Madara would let Sasuke get stronger than him.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 03-28-2010, 04:06 PM
I guess Sasuke should be more powerful than Madara, now. This is if it all works correctly and Sasuke gets new powers because even though Madara also has EMS, he is a "shadow of his former self." Itachi mentioned that gaining it would make him stronger because of the new power. That should be the logic of it, but I doubt that this is the case. No way Madara would let Sasuke get stronger than him.

I still think that Madara is a ghostlike entity anyhow. You can't kill a ghost right?

SilentSnake
Sun, 03-28-2010, 06:11 PM
I still think that Madara is a ghostlike entity anyhow. You can't kill a ghost right?

There's certainly some trick to it, that's for sure.

I think Madara is simply confident in his psychological mumbo-jumbo and he doesn't mind Sasuke being as strong as possible as long as he believes him to be controllable.

To be honest, it's beyond any reason for me as to why would Sasuke trust Madara.

He helped his brother kill the entire clan and could have told Sasuke the true story before them confronting.

Itachi placed a jutsu on him specifically to try to keep Madara away from him or, if lucky, kill him.

Since Sasuke went all emo about Itachi and cares for him so much why would he support somebody whom his brother considered a threat?

I understand that the Konoha leaders are responsible for the massacre and banishment of his bro in the first place, but it's crystal clear that Madara deserves to die. After forming the Hawk, there was a suggestion from Sasuke that he'd be the one using Madara and not the other way around, but then again - why would he delay the transplant of Itachi eyes to the moment after meeting Naruto, who by now should be completely irrelevant to him. Instead he's chasing a stupid ass plan with ghost ninja's help and worrying about a guy with whiskers and utopian ideas.

Great job Sasuke, you dumb fuck.

Keno
Sun, 03-28-2010, 08:40 PM
How's this for a crazy theory. What if Madara is actually "creating" a new type of "tailed beast" in Sasuke, probably conveniently called "Zero-Tails" (Japanese seem to love that word), and is actually needed in order to do that 10 tail thingy he mentioned earlier?

In a way, all the Karin talk about his evil chakra, and how it is just like Naruto's Kyuubi would make sense. It would also make sense why Madara is driving Sasuke into all this mayhem. It would also explain the huge chakra reserves that Sasuke seems to have gotten out of nowhere. It would also kinda explain that huge dark figure that appeared once behind Sasuke in one of those chapters.

Dunno, just thought this out after reading some of the comments in this thread. Don't bash me for it. :p

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 03-29-2010, 12:13 PM
How's this for a crazy theory. What if Madara is actually "creating" a new type of "tailed beast" in Sasuke, probably conveniently called "Zero-Tails" (Japanese seem to love that word), and is actually needed in order to do that 10 tail thingy he mentioned earlier?

In a way, all the Karin talk about his evil chakra, and how it is just like Naruto's Kyuubi would make sense. It would also make sense why Madara is driving Sasuke into all this mayhem. It would also explain the huge chakra reserves that Sasuke seems to have gotten out of nowhere. It would also kinda explain that huge dark figure that appeared once behind Sasuke in one of those chapters.

Dunno, just thought this out after reading some of the comments in this thread. Don't bash me for it. :p

You mean toying with Sasuke's fragile psyche like some Lovecraftian abomination in order to morph him into something....different....something....terrible... .? I'm in.

poopdeville
Mon, 03-29-2010, 12:37 PM

I thought that's what was going on until Madara told everybody the story of the Jyuubi. Long, long ago, "someone" in the manga said that bijuu seem to appear in places where hatred festers. And Sasuke talks about the power of his hatred, and indeed seemed to refer to that "chakra monster" (what I was calling the dark figure you referred to then) as his hatred. But then Kishimoto also made it look like that figure was "just" Susanoo developing, and told the story of the Jyuubi.

I still like this idea, and Kishimoto could make it work if he wanted, but who knows. If I was as good a visual artist as Kishimoto, I'd just make my own manga, with ninjas, blackjack, and hookers.

rockmanj
Mon, 03-29-2010, 01:46 PM
I If I was as good a visual artist as Kishimoto, I'd just make my own manga, with ninjas, blackjack, and hookers.

Why blackjack and hookers? And there is gambling in Naruto...not sure about the hookers though.

Archangel
Mon, 03-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Why blackjack and hookers? And there is gambling in Naruto...not sure about the hookers though.
There aren't any ninjas either, other than using their so called ninja techniques there's nothing remotely ninja about them anymore