View Full Version : Random Curiosity closing down

TheBladeChild
Mon, 03-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Shame this was a favorite of mine =/

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2010/03/22/all-good-things/

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Yeah. I saw that yesterday night.
Its the only blog I visited. Particularly for the season preview.
Oh well.

Kraco
Mon, 03-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Oh. It was also the other of the two blogs I've been reading, the remaining one being a Finnish one, and quite different though it still deals with things Japanese. RandomC was excellent when choosing the coming series to check out. A real pity.

Yukimura
Mon, 03-22-2010, 12:41 PM
I'll miss randomC for it's comprehensive episode summaries most of all. I felt that other blogs tend to blent a more flavored and opinionated analysis in with their recaps while randomC's posts tended to keep opinion firmly separated from fact.

Ryllharu
Mon, 03-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Omni's insights will be missed.

I site I frequented daily.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I came into that thinking it would be an early April Fools thing.

Now I'm not so sure.

It was truly a great site. If it turns out to be true, I will have to learn to live with one less interesting thing in my life, and savour one more memory instead.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-02-2010, 08:18 AM
If you didn't catch it in the two farewell posts for Omni, Divine has taken over on a clone of the site.

http://randomc.net/

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-02-2010, 09:08 AM
Did Divine say how things will be in the future? (eg if he's going to continue blogging the handful of mostly-comedy shows every season, whether he'd be recruiting more people so RandomC can blog almost everything like they used to, or if he'd be resting too?)

Seeing as how there's some new entries up there for this season's premier, the last option probably won't happen just yet.

If I remember right, there was another person called Jaalin who blogged there for a time too. Who knows where he/she went.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Jaalin just evaporated, then came back briefly for a post or two, then disappeared again.

Divine has stated he likes the trashier shows to balance out the season, so it will probably be more varied than Omni's selection usually was. Who knows if he will bring on more.