PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 487

Marik
Wed, 03-17-2010, 04:13 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/487-75/2) | Direct Download (http://static.mangastream.com/download/Naruto_487.zip) | MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nzzwm2zzyyt) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/208q5o)

UChessmaster
Wed, 03-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Is it only me or is mangastream having some serious loading issues?

Marik
Wed, 03-17-2010, 04:32 PM

It's not just you. It's been like that the past 2 weeks when One Piece and Naruto are released. This week I decided to make backups for them, just in case.

edit

We didn't get a chance to set up our new server, please bear with the slow speeds this week. It should be normal next week.

unandpw
Wed, 03-17-2010, 04:33 PM
I was having problems too.

With regards to this chapter...:eek:. I was going to say that it was boring as hell, but the last half actually made it decent.

Archangel
Wed, 03-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Too famous for its own good, releasing naruto first has a way to fuck the hell out of servers

Anyway this was one hell of a chapter, we got lame resurrections, lame speeches and lame attitudes ( i knew you'd wimp out on the eyes thing you pussy ).

I can't believe Kabutoro is actually going to play a role in all of this, i guess Kishimoto was reading some old chapters to pass the time and remembered he hadn't killed him yet. Cool new design though.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 03-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Too famous for its own good, releasing naruto first has a way to fuck the hell out of servers

Anyway this was one hell of a chapter, we got lame resurrections, lame speeches and lame attitudes ( i knew you'd wimp out on the eyes thing you pussy ).

I can't believe Kabutoro is actually going to play a role in all of this, i guess Kishimoto was reading some old chapters to pass the time and remembered he hadn't killed him yet. Cool new design though.

Cool new design? He looks like a scaly Harry Potter.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-17-2010, 05:05 PM
well, time to get on with the cool guys.
let's see how Karin deals with Naruto, it's been a good while since Naruto talked to anybody without being the messiah.
I'm glad Kisame isn't dead, we need some not-lame akatsuki members, maybe even allow him to kill someone?
Kubotoro, more Kabuto than Oro. it'd be cool to see him show off some of his old skils, though.

I enjoy the series much more when Sasuke's not in the spotlight.

Archangel
Wed, 03-17-2010, 05:07 PM
Cool new design? He looks like a scaly Harry Potter.
And before he looked like an average Harry Potter, I say this is an upgrade.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 03-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Kabutoro's going to be new the new masturbation aid for all the Oro fanboys/girls.

Oh, and nice. Just another show of how useless this Sakura girl is. Not only does she squander a perfectly good opportunity to murder Sasuke, but she allows herself to almost get killed and need rescuing...a rescue that apparently could've cost Naruto his life. Good job.

I do second being glad that Kisame is still alive. His clone was mentioned as being too weak for combat, which makes me wonder, considering how close he came to winning the last fight, how strong he is when there's no deception at hand. Too bad this series tends to give no hint about these things so that the resurrection feels like complete bullshit.

Sidnne
Wed, 03-17-2010, 05:41 PM
After the last chapter, I was thinking to myself, "Ya know, Kakashi could just use his mangekyo to warp somebody's head off, so why doesn't he while they are all just standing there talking?" Then I decided that it couldn't be Zetsu because he is just like a living pile a goo and it would be too easy for Kishi to just make his head grow back as if nothing happened. It couldn't be Sasuke, because he's... well... Sasuke. So the only target could be Tobi, and that would also be the most logical. But I figured that even if Kakashi attempted it, Kishi would just come up with some kind of lame counter move by Tobi to just manage to avoid it. But, I never imagined it would be quite as lame as "No, that just won't work on me!"

It seems like Kishi himself doesn't have the ability to explain why Tobi can't just be warped into oblivion by Kakashi.

Archangel
Wed, 03-17-2010, 05:45 PM
It seems like Kishi himself doesn't have the ability to explain why Tobi can't just be warped into oblivion by Kakashi.
Probably because he can warp to oblivion just fine by himself?

Sidnne
Wed, 03-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Do you think Amaterasu would have had any effect on Itachi?

Showtimedr
Wed, 03-17-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't get how its a lame resurrection. Akatsuki is the coolest thing that has happened in this series. Back 2-3 years ago when they were full force the manga was so much more interesting. Honestly I hope they bring back Itachi or Deidara too.

Not sure what to think on Kabuto/oro. I want to see regular Oro come out of nowhere and dome him. Too bad Orochimaru didn't have a rela combat body. If he wasn't on the verge of death he would have destroyed Sasuke.

Karin going to Konoha opens up some girl drama that shoudl be ineteresting whether it comes from Sakura or even more interesting Hinata (Although the later is a pipe dream)

No matter how much we all hate Sasuke. I can think we can all agree that Sasuke does get cool points because he's tried to stab Sakura through 3 times. Once she was saved by Naruto, before that Kakashi, and before that Wood man (No not from Mega man, the dude whos name I never remember)

Hopefully Root will have some sort of operation 32 directive that the late Hokage left em

Showtimedr
Wed, 03-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Do you think Amaterasu would have had any effect on Itachi?

Hell no. Last time Kakashi tried to use sharingan on Itachi, Itachi domed him in less than a second. I still think Itachi was the most powerful ninja in the universe. He was just gimped from use of his eye and his big brotherness.

Even half blind choking on blood he still beat up Sasuke then gave him the match at the end

Patriot
Wed, 03-17-2010, 07:53 PM
I was thinking about the Kunai and why Naruto wasn't affected at all, of course it was for comic relief. As for Itachi, if he had gotten Sasuke's eyes, it would have been all over. And its good to know that Sasuke gets a power up that is not completely and utterly random.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 03-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Hell no. Last time Kakashi tried to use sharingan on Itachi, Itachi domed him in less than a second. I still think Itachi was the most powerful ninja in the universe. He was just gimped from use of his eye and his big brotherness.

Even half blind choking on blood he still beat up Sasuke then gave him the match at the end

You're forgetting it was Mangekyo vs regular. That's why Itachi was telling Sasuke that he needed to awaken the Mangekyo to fight on equal grounds with him.

Showtimedr
Wed, 03-17-2010, 08:27 PM
You're forgetting it was Mangekyo vs regular. That's why Itachi was telling Sasuke that he needed to awaken the Mangekyo to fight on equal grounds with him.

Yeah but everytime in the series someone with a synthetic sharingan has tried to take on the real deal they've lost. Could be blow away Itachi. Maybe. But for that to happen he would have to look at Itachi.

Itachi could form seals faster than anybody and he trapped you in Genjutsu faster than anybody. Even if by some Miracle Kakashi got it off, its feasable to think that Itachi could get out of it like Deidara did.

Itachi got out of the frog's stomach that Jaraiya had. I just don't think it was possible.

poopdeville
Wed, 03-17-2010, 09:21 PM
I do second being glad that Kisame is still alive. His clone was mentioned as being too weak for combat, which makes me wonder, considering how close he came to winning the last fight, how strong he is when there's no deception at hand. Too bad this series tends to give no hint about these things so that the resurrection feels like complete bullshit.

If these are the same clones as Itachi and Kisame used against Team Kakashi and Team Gai, the clone has about 30% of his chakra.

Anyway, what is the infiltration of the Lightning Village supposed to achieve? If Kisame was strong enough to take Bee on in the first place, why didn't he? Madara makes it seem like the goal is to get Kisame into the village to "hunt" Killabee.

Archangel
Wed, 03-17-2010, 09:30 PM
If these are the same clones as Itachi and Kisame used against Team Kakashi and Team Gai, the clone has about 30% of his chakra.
Those clones were lackeys transformed by Pain

Funny how we never saw him do that nifty little trick again, i guess it was just another thing Kishi forgot about

Sidnne
Wed, 03-17-2010, 09:40 PM

I didn't say sharingan. I said Amaterasu; Itachi's own Mangekyo ability.

February
Wed, 03-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Amazing chapter

I'm glad that Sasuke vs. Naruto confrontation didn't happen so early. I also don't get why Madara is so intent on saving Sasuke

Someone complained about how Madara told Kakashi it won't work on him as lame but I saw it as perfectly fine. When we see Kakashi use his MS, maybe it already took effect, Madara realized it, and told Kakashi it won't work on him. Madara is also well known for warping in and out so I believe he could perfectly control it and be harmless from it.

I also have a big feeling that this final speech from Naruto finally changed Sasuke's mind. When Sasuke says to Madara why he wants Itachi's eyes, he finishes off with "nothing more, nothing less" That sounds very suspicious to me

I'm also interested in seeing how strong Kabutoro has gotten. Kabuto before fusion was already said to be as strong as Kakashi, and with Oro's insane regenerative powers, nasty jutsus, and snake body, I have a strong feeling Kabutoro is strong enough to be on par with an Akatsuki member. But then again, we might see another Orochimaru trying to take over Kabuto's body like we did for Sasuke & Oro. I hope Kabuto can just use Oro's powers instead of letting himself get taken over

Assertn
Wed, 03-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Im not at all angry about Kisame still being alive (should've known his death was TOO efficient). Despite him only using half his strength, though, I fail to see how he could top his fake-fight we saw already.

Sidnne
Wed, 03-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Well, I'd like to see another translation come out, because I'd like to know if that line "Techniques like that have no effect on me," can also be translated as "that technique has no effect on me."

I think that could be a rather important distinction.

animus
Wed, 03-17-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm a bit annoyed that Kisame's still alive not because I hate this character, but it's another cop out on a kill. It seems like they keep overpowering Kisame when so far what we've seen from him is utter dog doodoo.

Sam98034
Thu, 03-18-2010, 12:14 AM
So lame. Nothing happened this chapter. Nothing. I wish it were more like Bleach.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 03-18-2010, 12:29 AM
They should have brought Hidan back. Best Akatsuki ever. And his head is still chillin' in that hole right? He can't die.

Sam98034
Thu, 03-18-2010, 04:51 AM
I'm a fan of him, too. I think he had one of the coolest weapons in the series so far. But while they're bringing people back, why not throw the 4th in while they're at it?

Psyke
Thu, 03-18-2010, 09:22 AM
So Kisame really pulled it off. I'm not sure how a head fits into the sword but overall it's an interesting chapter.

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-18-2010, 10:26 AM
So Kisame really pulled it off. I'm not sure how a head fits into the sword but overall it's an interesting chapter.

A head? More like all of him.

TwisT
Thu, 03-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Well he merged with the sword when he took on that shark form so it's not that strange IMO.

poopdeville
Thu, 03-18-2010, 02:13 PM
A head? More like all of him.

Yeah, but a lot of him is in itty bitty pieces after Shikamaru blew him up.

Sidnne
Thu, 03-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Yeah, but a lot of him is in itty bitty pieces after Shikamaru blew him up.

Kisame.

Not Hidan.

poopdeville
Thu, 03-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Yeah, my bad. I read Zell's post as a response to Azazel's.

Logrus
Thu, 03-18-2010, 06:30 PM
Dont really have any bad thoughts about this chapter. Aloot of talk, true.

But the ending was well worth it. Maybe kishi is trying to resurrect Itachi somehow lol

(any part of him resurrected is desired, even at the hands of an emo)

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Itachi probably rigged his eyes to make Sasuke look everything more pink and become friends with Naruto.

...holy fuck... knowing Kishimoto this is happening...

Sam98034
Fri, 03-19-2010, 12:39 AM
Itachi probably rigged his eyes to make Sasuke look everything more pink and become friends with Naruto.

If such a thing were to happen, I think, instead, the rig would be seeing Naruto as Itachi, so he would then see him as a true brother. Mmmm.....cheeese.

Rekeco
Fri, 03-19-2010, 01:18 AM
Wasn't Itachi going blind or loosing his vision to begin with? He mentioned that using the M.S. was making him blind or destroying his vision?

Correct me if I'm wrong but ... would Sauske really benefit from his eyes that much?

Tofu #2
Fri, 03-19-2010, 01:45 AM
^ Eternal mangekyou bro

rockmanj
Fri, 03-19-2010, 09:26 AM
Wasn't Itachi going blind or loosing his vision to begin with? He mentioned that using the M.S. was making him blind or destroying his vision?

Correct me if I'm wrong but ... would Sauske really benefit from his eyes that much?

Yea, Madara explained that. If you do the transplant, it gives you the eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, which doesn't deteriorate. Hopefully it does have some side effects though. It seems like something of that power should come at a cost (besides killing your brother).

P.S. Although, knowing Sasuke, he would probably find a way to burn it out, since it seems he uses it for everything (I can imagine him cooking a steak: "Damn you, I want seared on the outside pink on the inside 'Amaterasu!!'").

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-19-2010, 09:41 AM
P.S. Although, knowing Sasuke, he would probably find a way to burn it out, since it seems he uses it for everything (I can imagine him cooking a steak: "Damn you, I want seared on the outside pink on the inside 'Amaterasu!!'").

It reminded me of the fillers where Naruto made ramen with rasengan....

rockmanj
Fri, 03-19-2010, 11:38 AM
It reminded me of the fillers where Naruto made ramen with rasengan....

Makes me glad I don't watch the anime religiously anymore.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 03-19-2010, 03:11 PM

Here's a thought: The thing Itachi gave Naruto might have the purpose of simply saving Naruto when Naruto is ready to die. So if Naruto does fight Sasuke and tries to pull the shonen version of Romeo and Juliette, that power Itachi gave Naruto will activate and stop Naruto from dying somehow.

Why would Itachi do this? Originally I thought that Itachi gave him that power simply because he was sure that Naruto would not seek to bring harm to Sasuke. But in hindsight, that just seems like me underestimating Itachi. Instead, Itachi recognized Naruto's resolve to try every thing in his power to not have to kill Sasuke. The same kind of resolve that might've saved the Uchiha clan had the Konoha leaders of the time had it. The same kind of resolve that might "save the ninja world", whatever that means in this story.

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 03-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Here's a thought: The thing Itachi gave Naruto might have the purpose of simply saving Naruto when Naruto is ready to die. So if Naruto does fight Sasuke and tries to pull the shonen version of Romeo and Juliette, that power Itachi gave Naruto will activate and stop Naruto from dying somehow.

Why would Itachi do this? Originally I thought that Itachi gave him that power simply because he was sure that Naruto would not seek to bring harm to Sasuke. But in hindsight, that just seems like me underestimating Itachi. Instead, Itachi recognized Naruto's resolve to try every thing in his power to not have to kill Sasuke. The same kind of resolve that might've saved the Uchiha clan had the Konoha leaders of the time had it. The same kind of resolve that might "save the ninja world", whatever that means in this story.

Interesting...maybe Itachi forsaw Sasuke asking for his eyes after his death and the jutsu he left in Naruto would activate once Sasuke tries to use Itachi's Sharingan on Naruto?

Itachi did value Konoha above his own clan, perhaps the jutsu would grant Naruto some kind of Sharingan immunity? I would also imagine it would somehow save Sasuke as well since we need a cop out ending....

Also, if Sakura had the wherewithal to poison her own weapons, why couldn't she fabricate some kind of non-lethal paralyzing poison to bring Sasuke in alive? Aw...whatever she's useless now.

Patriot
Sat, 03-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I like where it is going with Itachi's eyes and what Itachi did to Naruto. I hope it turns out to be amazing, its one of the story lines that is keeping me on the edge of my seat. I hope it will be all worth it.

It hasn't been all great, but there is some future potential here for sure.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 03-23-2010, 11:27 PM
I think that Naruto will be able to nullify the MS somehow thanks to Itachi. I mean he can already heal himself with the nine tails chakra, and he has natural energy, what more could he need? Or maybe it is just a message to Sasuke from Itachi?

samsonlonghair
Wed, 03-24-2010, 09:47 AM
I hope Kabuto starts playing an important part in this story again.

Hey look! iMUSTbeTHEdevil has 666 posts. Ha!

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-24-2010, 11:42 AM
I think that Naruto will be able to nullify the MS somehow thanks to Itachi. I mean he can already heal himself with the nine tails chakra, and he has natural energy, what more could he need? Or maybe it is just a message to Sasuke from Itachi?

I hate that resolution. I know that's what's gonna happen. and I hate it.
Itachi, the resident asshole, is going to be the driving force behind this shit plot.
not only that they threw Naruto's story inside the Uchiha storyline (oh, so you thought Payne was the big guy, since he himself was a messiah figure, and was thought by Jiraya, just like Naruto? well, screw you, he's dead, and has nothing to contribute to the story). the final victory of Naruto over Sasuke is also going to belong to Itachi.

Naruto, as the main character (and us, the readers, by extension) has no idea what's happening. there's a big, fat plotline that the story follows rigorously, and Naruto has nothing to do with it, and all he's gonna do is take Sasuke's beating until Itachi comes out (from the seed he planted within Naruto, when he violated him earlier) and uses his mega-uchiha power to save his shit bro.

Naruto doesn't have anything to do with this storyline. the whole thing revolves around generations of Uchiha being jerks and getting everyone involved in their petty vendettas.

I want Sasuke dead before the final arc. but that will never happen, because the entire last issue will be all about Sasuke.

UChessmaster
Wed, 03-24-2010, 11:46 AM
(oh, so you thought Payne was the big guy, since he himself was a messiah figure, and was thought by Jiraya, just like Naruto? well, screw you, he's dead, and has nothing to contribute to the story).

Wait a second... you thought Pain was the main bad guy?

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 03-24-2010, 11:52 AM
I hate that resolution. I know that's what's gonna happen. and I hate it.
Itachi, the resident asshole, is going to be the driving force behind this shit plot.
not only that they threw Naruto's story inside the Uchiha storyline (oh, so you thought Payne was the big guy, since he himself was a messiah figure, and was thought by Jiraya, just like Naruto? well, screw you, he's dead, and has nothing to contribute to the story). the final victory of Naruto over Sasuke is also going to belong to Itachi.

Naruto, as the main character (and us, the readers, by extension) has no idea what's happening. there's a big, fat plotline that the story follows rigorously, and Naruto has nothing to do with it, and all he's gonna do is take Sasuke's beating until Itachi comes out (from the seed he planted within Naruto, when he violated him earlier) and uses his mega-uchiha power to save his shit bro.

Naruto doesn't have anything to do with this storyline. the whole thing revolves around generations of Uchiha being jerks and getting everyone involved in their petty vendettas.

I want Sasuke dead before the final arc. but that will never happen, because the entire last issue will be all about Sasuke.

Even thought I don't think this has been confirmed, Naruto is probably a member of the Senju lineage. Now, Senju and Uchiha are descendants of some uber ninja with uber powers. He divided up his powers into Senju and Uchiha. Senju got body power, Uchiha mind power. I don't see the big fat plot line, as you put it, to revolve solely around the Uchiha. I think it revolves more around the Senju/Uchiha conflict. If I'm correct that Naruto is of the Senju lineage, then he's as central to the story as Sasuke is.

That being said, I realize the disproportionate amount of lore being devoted to the Uchiha at the expense of Senju lore doesn't help the argument, but I'm willing to attribute that to bad storytelling/Kishi's hardon for Sasuke if everything else supports what I just said. A good idea, horribly done.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-24-2010, 12:08 PM
Logically, he should be.
his story relates to that of the main character? yes.
he had the plan for getting all the plot coupons - he created the giant statue.
he looks the part. far more than Madare/Tobi.

it's a common form of stories I hate - The main Character doesn't know what's going on.
example: 'Samantha Who?', I've watched one episode and I hated how the other girls had to explain her even the most basic stuff.
example 2: 'accidentally on purpose', watched one episode as well, and again, Dahrma is even a bigger idiot than Dahrma, her friends are active and creating, and she's just running from one swing of overreacting to a different swing of being a fuckin' idiot.

[and manga]: Samurai deeper kyo. I have no idea what the plot was supposed to be, all I knew is that half the characters in team 'good guys' could explain all, but just didn't.
Chrno crusade: not only that no one cared to tell me why they're fighting, they had the nerve of saying the bad guys just wanted to protect the good guys from their amnesia or something.
KimigaNozumoAien - Hated the cripple girl. because she was fuckin' out the loop and every moment of her screen time was retarded.

so yeah, I think Payne should have been the big boss, at least he had some relevance to what's going on.

2. Naruto as a Senjou... well, just as I thought about Naruto being the 4th theory (long ago)..., it's undermining Naruto's achievement, it's not a story of overcoming the adversery through belief and hard working (with some magic help) anymore, it's about fuckin' destiny sticking his finger and abusing others just to recreate itself.

besides, the latest senju we know about would be the 1st hokage, right? because he fought with Madare or something, over the bridge of Naruto Z.
well, it's going to be somewhat funny to tell us now that Naruto is both related to the 4th Hokage (hey, care to explain the premise? how he didn't get any prince ninja respect? no, that's cool, Kishi) and the 1st (and to the 5th, by extension), after all this time? maybe you'll tell us that Ninjas can travel to the future and shoot energy blasts from their hands while doing so, and can sent other ninjas to the shadow realm.
(damn, they can do all that)

If I'm correct that Naruto is of the Senju lineage, then he's as central to the story as Sasuke is.
so, if the plot gets broken, then the dude can be as important to the plot as the rival? that says alot.

UChessmaster
Wed, 03-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Logically, he should be.

Sasuke: has being Naruto`s rival ever since like... chapter 3, Sasuke joined the bad guys at the end of part 1, Naruto`s main goal switched to that of rescuing his friend.

Pain: appeared out of nowhere and got half linked to Naruto by having the same master, he died 40 chapters ago (not without redempting that is).

Madara: is the main cause Sasuke is totally evil now, the original leader of the uchiha, has a personal grudge on konoha and senju, has a higher rank than pain in akatsuki.

Yeah, i can totally see how you thought Pain was the main bad guy.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 03-24-2010, 01:37 PM
2. Naruto as a Senjou... well, just as I thought about Naruto being the 4th theory (long ago)..., it's undermining Naruto's achievement, it's not a story of overcoming the adversery through belief and hard working (with some magic help) anymore, it's about fuckin' destiny sticking his finger and abusing others just to recreate itself.

Naruto has been a character destined for greatness, and not an underdog overcoming adversity, for a very long time now. Ever since the Haku fight, it's been impossible for me to see him otherwise. That demon alone (for a good while anyway) made him superior to most other characters. Then as time went by, we discovered more about his own abilities, including his large chakra reserves that weren't tied to the demon, and his ability to output extremely large quantities of chakra in burst. Sure this required training to make use of, but it's just like the sharingan. Those abilities require him to naturally have the potential to do it, which not everyone does, and then required him training those abilities. By the time he fought Gaara, all these things were known about Naruto.

Mostly, it's just the people in the story that had reason to see Naruto as an underdog because they didn't know what we as viewers knew.

besides, the latest senju we know about would be the 1st hokage, right? because he fought with Madare or something, over the bridge of Naruto Z.
well, it's going to be somewhat funny to tell us now that Naruto is both related to the 4th Hokage (hey, care to explain the premise? how he didn't get any prince ninja respect? no, that's cool, Kishi) and the 1st (and to the 5th, by extension), after all this time? maybe you'll tell us that Ninjas can travel to the future and shoot energy blasts from their hands while doing so, and can sent other ninjas to the shadow realm.
(damn, they can do all that)

so, if the plot gets broken, then the dude can be as important to the plot as the rival? that says alot.

I think the latest senju we know is senju for a fact is Tsunade, the first's grand-daughter. She was relatively unimpressive though so, eh. I don't really feel like making excuses for the manga, so I'm with you on these complaints, but I don't feel the plot has to be broken to make Naruto, technically, as important if not more than Sasuke. They just need to start talking more about him in a way that is consistant with what's already in place.

Not that much consistancy exists in this story as of late...ok, maybe I see where you're going with this.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-24-2010, 02:21 PM
I just remembered, Yamato is also a senju.
(well, he's a clone of one), how does that fit it with anything?

later on the other stuff.

Sam98034
Tue, 03-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Sasuke: has being Naruto`s rival ever since like... chapter 3, Sasuke joined the bad guys at the end of part 1, Naruto`s main goal switched to that of rescuing his friend.

Pain: appeared out of nowhere and got half linked to Naruto by having the same master, he died 40 chapters ago (not without redempting that is).

Madara: is the main cause Sasuke is totally evil now, the original leader of the uchiha, has a personal grudge on konoha and senju, has a higher rank than pain in akatsuki.

Yeah, i can totally see how you thought Pain was the main bad guy.

I think you're misunderstanding. Think before we were told Tobi was Madara, when Tobi was a joke--back when Akatsuki was a secret evil organization whose leader was Pain. The Akatsuki were the strongest and most badass ninjas with powers that rivaled Kage powers, and Pain was the leader of them all. All these bad ass ninjas followed his orders, including Itachi. Back then you couldn't seriously believe Sasuke (who abandoned his village only to kill an "evil" brother) or Madara (who was thought to be dead at the time) were the main bad guys?

I'm pretty sure that's what chessmaster was referring to. At that time, Pain seemed like a very logical and convincing main bad guy. Especially given he had that Rinnegan, the strongest occular powers.

Showtimedr
Tue, 03-30-2010, 11:35 PM
Yeah I feel everyone talking about the ninjitsu has gone downhill.

I remember when Akatsuki was so badass and then somewhere along the way it turned back into naruto sasuke days of our lives.

It seems like you can put the word Jutsu after anything and Kishi will write a ninja that does it.

"Glass blowing jutsu!"

"Paper cut Jutsu!"

Sam98034
Wed, 03-31-2010, 08:32 AM
I'm pretty sure Pain's female friend can do the "Paper Cut Jutsu"

As far as Kishi, I'd say it'd be kinda hard to always come up with something new, fresh, original, and believable all the time, especially after it's gone on so long already.

I mean, look at Susanoo...it doesn't really match the pattern of what most occular powers are able to do. It seems to have nothing to do with sight or a trance at all.

Showtimedr
Wed, 03-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Can anyone remember the last time a kunai actually killed somebody?

Sam98034
Wed, 03-31-2010, 10:21 PM
It actually happens a lot. Think fodder soldier characters that went after Sasukes group or something like that. Most of the good ninjas don't really get killed by a Kunai. Although I do suspect Itachi could have killed many good Ninja with just Kunai.