PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 578

Marik
Wed, 03-17-2010, 12:21 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/2) | Direct Download (http://static.mangastream.com/download/OnePiece_578.zip) | MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zmtw1mgwfmm) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/c3wzqd)

Assertn
Wed, 03-17-2010, 01:00 PM
Crazy chapter... I wonder where Kizaru is?

Luffy's strawhat was left behind when crocodile sabled him and Jimbei!

Archangel
Wed, 03-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Law? Where the hell did he come from? And why is Crocodile suddenly a good guy? And where the fuck did they get a submarine?

Any other author and i'd be calling bulshit right about now but since this is Oda we're talking about i'm sure there's some awesome explanation for all of this about 200 chapters ago, i just have to look hard enough

Assertn
Wed, 03-17-2010, 01:06 PM
Crocodile just doesn't want the marines to win. Same reason why he stopped Ace's execution. I'm not really sure why he suddenly became so angered at the marines, though. Maybe because they were playing dirty by trying to get spider monkey guy to kill Whitebeard?

Archangel
Wed, 03-17-2010, 01:12 PM
He doesn't like Luffy either and if anything those 2 hates just cancel each other out, not enough of a reason to save his life

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-17-2010, 01:21 PM
is there a doctor in the ocean?
I"M A DOCTOR!

luffy is going to recover the hat when they all regroup, Nami's gonna wear it until then. now he has to spend some time as a shipmate/guest at law's ship

Marik
Wed, 03-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Maybe he wants to be the one that takes out Luffy for good. He won't have his chance at revenge if Luffy is killed in such a defenseless state.

Archangel
Wed, 03-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Maybe he wants to be the one that takes out Luffy for good. He won't have his chance at revenge if Luffy is killed in such a defenseless state.
That is so honorable... but then again it's not like villains turning good is exactly new territory when it comes to shounens

He sure had enough time for some soul searching while in the big house

Death13a
Wed, 03-17-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't get impression that Crocodile hates Luffy. Sure Luffy got in the way of his ambition, then he wanted to kill Whitebeard but failed but he really doesn't hold a grudge against Luffy ( if he did he would have killed him instead, he is a pirate, if he has opportunity he uses it) so attacking admiral and sending Luffy fling isn't too much out of his way.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Nah... Croco is rotten to the core. I see a deep hatred towards Akainu oozing from him. Whatever happened in the past with him will probably be explained by Oda at some point.

Dunno. Crocodile is somewhat weird sometimes. Do remember he refused to escape prision when Miss Valentine, Miss Merry Christmas and the others escaped. He also got very passionate when WhiteBeard began to lose his fight.

Its not farfetched for Law to be here. He probably was, like Kid, following the videos. When they were first cut off he probably decided to go and see for himself how the world was changing. It helps he is a doctor as well.

I also noticed the Straw Hat being left behind. For a moment I thought it caught fire as well. My guess upon its destiny will be that Garp will recover it and hand it to one of Luffy's crewmates, probably Nami as DBZ said.

Oda is god.

rockmanj
Wed, 03-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Hmm, I just remember, wasn't Law's epithet "The death doctor" or something like that? It also makes sense when you think about how he uses his abilities.

FireEmblem
Wed, 03-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Ivankov also knows Crocodile's little "secret" and clearly stated he would reveal it to the whole world if he acts up. His secret is probably that he's moonlighting as a fairy.

Great chapter though! It is pretty badass to see a pirate captain be a doctor. I thought the nickname "Dark Doctor" was just to sound cool. I can see how he could be the doctor too using his ability. He could probably replace damaged tissue with it fairly easily, at least when compared to conventional means.

Assertn
Wed, 03-17-2010, 03:28 PM
A submarine in a world of pirate ships is a pretty huge advantage, imo. I know Franky built one, but its extent is limited to a small 3-person crew for short range excursions. Then again, Wapol had a giant ship that could transform and submerge too...

Crocodile lost interest in Alabasta, and subsequently lost his anger towards Luffy, although I wonder how badly he was beaten by Whitebeard to not forget him just the same.

Carnage
Wed, 03-17-2010, 03:47 PM
although I wonder how badly he was beaten by Whitebeard to not forget him just the same.

It probably has something to do with either his hand or his scar

Sentenal
Wed, 03-17-2010, 04:12 PM
He doesn't like Luffy either and if anything those 2 hates just cancel each other out, not enough of a reason to save his life
This is already the second time Crocodile saved Luffy. He already defended Luffy from Mihawk in previous chapters, didn't he?

animus
Wed, 03-17-2010, 06:28 PM
I got goosebumps when the Captains surrounded Akainu.

Assertn
Thu, 03-18-2010, 12:30 AM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/578-74/16

Stupid looking guy in the bottom right corner is the same guy that Luffy got locked in with down in Level 5. Not sure what he's doing there, though. I didn't think they freed anyone from that level.

chambers
Thu, 03-18-2010, 12:17 PM
wow so much going on in this chapter and its stuff that people didnt pick up on!

Did sengogku just use kumas ability? It was described as a shockwave by other people, though sengoku himself didnt utter any words like kuma used to. Also did he just take out the entire blackbeard crew, or close to in one attack?

Its really nice to see buggy doing somthing usefull and WORTHY of recognition in this chapter im sure his bounty will absolutley skyrocket now!

Akainu vs the ENTIRE remains of the whitebeard pirates? surely this is a death match for akainu,

as for crocodiles little secret.... i wonder sometimes when i look at him, the cigar throws me off the trail a little but the facial structure is so similar to whitebeard that i wonder is crocodile wasnt the one to cheat whitebeard out of his real dream of family by going rogue at some point.... they certainly look like they could be related.

Assertn
Thu, 03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Did sengogku just use kumas ability? It was described as a shockwave by other people, though sengoku himself didnt utter any words like kuma used to. Also did he just take out the entire blackbeard crew, or close to in one attack?
The shockwave was comparable to kuma's I'm sure, but that doesn't in any way make it his ability. All of Kuma's techniques stem from his paws, and clearly Sengoku doesn't have those.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 03-18-2010, 01:03 PM
maybe Croc's a cross dresser himself?

poopdeville
Thu, 03-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah, anybody with CP-9 techniques can throw shockwaves around. It's not surprising the strongest marine can make big ones.

rockmanj
Thu, 03-18-2010, 02:41 PM
maybe Croc's a cross dresser himself?

Maybe Croc is really a woman? He is quite the snazzy dresser.

FireEmblem
Thu, 03-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah that's what I was getting at! He could be a fairy!

Law's ship is pretty cool though. It probably does provide a big advantage in sea warfare, kind of how U-Boats did when they first came into action. So both him and Luffy captain very special ships...

kyubisrage
Fri, 03-19-2010, 01:12 AM
Anyone think luffy is going to get a major power up soon.. Maybe we can see where the rest of the crew is and maybe even a time jump where luffy comes back looking more mature and more deadly.

Tofu #2
Fri, 03-19-2010, 01:56 AM
Its not farfetched for Law to be here. He probably was, like Kid, following the videos. When they were first cut off he probably decided to go and see for himself how the world was changing. It helps he is a doctor as well.

yes, they showed this in one of the chapters

rockmanj
Fri, 03-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Anyone think luffy is going to get a major power up soon.. Maybe we can see where the rest of the crew is and maybe even a time jump where luffy comes back looking more mature and more deadly.

I think someone posted Oda saying that we aren't going to see 17 year old Luffy for too much longer.

Archangel
Fri, 03-19-2010, 11:44 AM
I think someone posted Oda saying that we aren't going to see 17 year old Luffy for too much longer.
I call bulshit

rockmanj
Fri, 03-19-2010, 02:16 PM
I call bulshit

Wow great chapter, huge pay off after years and years of build-up. Just about confirms that one piece is linked to the will of D as well as the old world history.

I've heard that in the manga volume 0 there was a quote from oda that said enjoy the 10th movie again and again because it's the last time you'll be seeing Luffy as a 17-year-old.

My guess is that we're getting a big old time jump very soon. Who knows maybe the remnants of the white beard pirates will train luffy and give him another power-up.

Love it how blackbeard has effectively become the anti-luffy with his evil pirate crew. Something tells me that the final arc of the series will be the straw hats fighting against Blackbeards pirate crew over one piece.

-From the OP 576 thread.

Archangel
Fri, 03-19-2010, 02:44 PM
I remain incredulous

rockmanj
Fri, 03-19-2010, 03:12 PM
I remain incredulous

*Incredulity attack +500!!

http://mangahelpers.com/news/details/292

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-19-2010, 03:13 PM
Im with Archie.
I don't want a timejump in One Piece. If Luffy grows I want to see it happen, not through flashbacks. Plus, I want to see when the Straw Hats reunite.

Assertn
Fri, 03-19-2010, 03:42 PM
I think its safe to say that Luffy won't become the pirate king as a 17 yr old, so it'll happen sooner or later. A timeskip now might be practical, as it would allow Oda to skip the formalities that would likely pale in comparison to the action we've already has these past two arcs (ie. reuniting the strawhats back at shabondy).

Also, just imagine how badass Luffy would look when he's closer to Ace's age.

animus
Fri, 03-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Even Oda knows how ridiculous it is to have a 17-year old best all these Warlords that are all much older, wiser, and stronger than Luffy.

Not everyone can be a super-powered Shonen anime hero before becoming a full adult.

Splash!
Sat, 03-20-2010, 10:36 AM
I think its safe to say that Luffy won't become the pirate king as a 17 yr old, so it'll happen sooner or later. A timeskip now might be practical, as it would allow Oda to skip the formalities that would likely pale in comparison to the action we've already has these past two arcs (ie. reuniting the strawhats back at shabondy).

Also, just imagine how badass Luffy would look when he's closer to Ace's age.

Yeah I agree that a timeskip here would be the best. Given the events that just unfolded (the deaths of Ace and Whitebeard), it will probably take Luffy a long time to recover emotionally and accept what has happened. While all this will definitely add to his character development, I am not so sure how I would feel about having to watch him go through it all. At the same time, it would be a bit ridiculous if it took him only a couple of weeks to get over it, which would probably be the case without a timeskip as the story would need to progress.

I am sure Oda will handle it well though and we will probably get to see lots of interesting flashbacks of events during the skip.

FireEmblem
Sat, 03-20-2010, 03:23 PM
With a time-jump we can also have a look at the age of Blackbeard. He's probably going to have to defeat a lot of other pirates along the way, right? He may think he's the most powerful, but we have seen him get pretty owned by experienced and strong fighters 3 times in this arc alone. (Magellan, Whitebeard, and Sengoku)

Death13a
Sat, 03-20-2010, 03:38 PM
If there's going to be time-skip, I wonder will Oda ignore Movie 10 or it will take place during time skip?