PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 442

Death13a
Sun, 03-14-2010, 12:51 AM
http://www.onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx?v=4690

You know it just keeps getting more awesome when Crocodile show up.

Assertn
Sun, 03-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Weird pacing in this episode. Mostly setup though, it seems.

Also, apparently the okama queen can detect gender confusion a mile away.

Marik
Tue, 03-16-2010, 11:26 PM
[yibis] One​ Piece​ 442​ [720p] [7E608935].mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=33913)
[yibis] ​One​ Piece​ 442​ [400p] [B85C8105].avi (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=33914)

Harima Kenji
Wed, 03-17-2010, 07:18 AM
I can't wait for the next episode! Luffy teaming up with 2 Shichibukai.. that's gotta give some fireworks in the fights to come.

Kraco
Wed, 03-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Unless they still have many tricks hidden up their sleeves, the wardens and other staff are going to have a hard time against a logia user. Not to say the others wouldn't be a nuisance as well but somebody like Magellan could also find it hard to fights against a shapeless opponent. Although if Crocodile's universal weakness is anything water based and liquid, I guess Magellan might actually have an edge - provided he even knows such a detail.

There should be lots of mayhem in any case. Luffy better keep his eyes open, though, because nothing would make Crocodile happier than escaping but leaving Luffy behind in the jail.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-17-2010, 01:59 PM
This is one place where I don't think Logia users are likely to be much of a problem. Impel Down is loaded with Seastone. Hell, half the prisoners are likely cuffed with the stuff. I'm sure they have a full compliment of weapons and whatnot as well.

Kraco
Wed, 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM
They can't go overboard with seastone seeing how it would hamper Magellan as well. Have we ever even seen seastone bullets? They would be the most obvious and logical choise of armament for any marine but they might be omitted simply due to the plot issues they would pose (any half decent sharpshooter would be able to kill anybody just like in RL).

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-17-2010, 03:39 PM
They can't go overboard with seastone seeing how it would hamper Magellan as well.Well, considering Smoker is a devils fruit user that actually carries seastone around with him it's not like just having the stuff around causes problems for Fruit users. I imagine that at the very least the names character could get their hands on the stuff if they wanted too.

Probably not the rank and file guards though because I believe they mentioned that seastone is extremely valuable.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 03-23-2010, 02:30 AM
They can't go overboard with seastone seeing how it would hamper Magellan as well. Have we ever even seen seastone bullets? They would be the most obvious and logical choise of armament for any marine but they might be omitted simply due to the plot issues they would pose (any half decent sharpshooter would be able to kill anybody just like in RL).We have as of now since they mentioned them this week.

rockmanj
Tue, 03-23-2010, 10:19 AM
They can't go overboard with seastone seeing how it would hamper Magellan as well. Have we ever even seen seastone bullets? They would be the most obvious and logical choise of armament for any marine but they might be omitted simply due to the plot issues they would pose (any half decent sharpshooter would be able to kill anybody just like in RL).

I think seastone bullets would only work if they are low-caliber or hollow points, otherwise the bullet would just go through the target (which could be the case with logia users anyway), but then again, wouldn't someone like Luffy just be able to bounce them away from him? I know when Luffy was underwater a looong time ago, his body still stretched. Maybe there is a good reason besides cost that there aren't seastone bullets.

Assertn
Tue, 03-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Or you guys could watch the episode that came out as of Sunday which, you know, actually shows seastone bullets.

Kraco
Tue, 03-23-2010, 10:50 AM
From what we have seen, touching seastone will immediately render fruit users powerless. So, a bullet would, upon impact, render at least a portion of a logia user's body normal and then affect that normal bodypart by inflicting tissue damage plus the normal shock effect getting hit causes to living things. I guess they wouldn't be perfect bullets as such seeing how the stuff must be a lot lighter than lead (or fancier bullet materials) but it would serve well at least with high enough caliber and from short enough range.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 03-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Or you guys could watch the episode that came out as of Sunday which, you know, actually shows seastone bullets.Of course they didn't actually hit a DF user with any of them so we still don't know how well they work.

Sentenal
Tue, 03-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Or you guys could watch the episode that came out as of Sunday which, you know, actually shows seastone bullets.
Weren't those just those net-bullet-things they have used ever since Loguetown?

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Hmm, you might be right. They did shoot a net right after he said use the Prison Bullets.

I dunno anymore. It just seems dumb at this point that they can make net launchers of the stuff and it doesn't occur to anyone to just make bullets.

Death13a
Wed, 03-24-2010, 12:11 PM
Prolong exposer to sea-stone drains devil fruit user's strength until they unable to freely control their powers and user recover immediately when not in sea-stone's effect, and we don't know just how brittle pure sea-stone is?. As usually it a mixture of metal and sea-stone. For logia sea-stone bullet will just pass through before user will lose his powers; same for Luffy, he will bounce them back before being exposed to effect enough.

Assertn
Wed, 03-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Honestly, I don't want to imagine a world where seastone bullets exist.
That alone would make virtually any devil's ability obsolete.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 03-27-2010, 12:40 AM
and we don't know just how brittle pure sea-stone is?Yes we do. They've said before that Seastone is harder than diamond. Which is why they needed the keys in the Enies Lobby arc because Zoro couldn't cut through Robin's cuffs even with his ability to cut through steel.

As usually it a mixture of metal and sea-stone.Um...source?

For logia sea-stone bullet will just pass through before user will lose his powers; same for Luffy, he will bounce them back before being exposed to effect enough.I don't buy it. If that was true, Wiper's attacks with his seastone skates would have passed through Enel before the seastone had a chance to take effect.

Assertn
Sat, 03-27-2010, 02:53 AM
I don't buy it. If that was true, Wiper's attacks with his seastone skates would have passed through Enel before the seastone had a chance to take effect.

Its tricky...
I'd imagine a logia user dodging kairoseki is about as easy as Crocodile dodging Luffy's water attacks, or Enel dodging Luffy's rubber attacks. How come Enel, who could move at the speed of light, couldn't dissolve before Luffy's fist reached him?

On the other hand, we also know a devils fruit user doesn't become immediately de-fruited upon contact with the sea. For example, Luffy was trapped underwater during the Arlong arc, yet the villagers could still pull his head out of the water cause of his elasticity

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-28-2010, 01:24 AM
How come Enel, who could move at the speed of light, couldn't dissolve before Luffy's fist reached him?I assume that while his body could move at the speed of light, his reactions are still limited by the speed of his own thought. His body can move fast enough, but if he can't think fast enough, he's not going to be able to get out of the way.

The only reason Logia's seem to be immune to bullets normally is because they're bodies apparently dissolve automatically.

On the other hand, we also know a devils fruit user doesn't become immediately de-fruited upon contact with the sea. For example, Luffy was trapped underwater during the Arlong arc, yet the villagers could still pull his head out of the water cause of his elasticityHmm, that almost seems like a plot hole at first. But when you think about it, shouldn't Brook die again if he falls in the ocean? If the fruit brought him back to life, and the sea negates the fruit then....

Kraco
Sun, 03-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Sea is liquid so seastone can't be in there in overly high concentrations. It could be that falling into an ocean saps their strength far slower, and the inability to swim is a separate matter altogether, like a second weakness in addition to the seastone allergy.

Assertn
Sun, 03-28-2010, 03:23 AM
i don't think either de-fruits a user. However, Blackbeard's vortex on the other hand...
Would be interesting to see what that would do to Brooke.

Sentenal
Sun, 03-28-2010, 03:57 AM
I assume that while his body could move at the speed of light, his reactions are still limited by the speed of his own thought. His body can move fast enough, but if he can't think fast enough, he's not going to be able to get out of the way.

The only reason Logia's seem to be immune to bullets normally is because they're bodies apparently dissolve automatically.

Hmm, that almost seems like a plot hole at first. But when you think about it, shouldn't Brook die again if he falls in the ocean? If the fruit brought him back to life, and the sea negates the fruit then....
Didn't Enel allow someone to attack him while he was sleeping, and still avoid the attack due to his Logia-ness? Apparently his powers are trained enough so that he doesn't even need to think to use his powers.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 03-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Didn't Enel allow someone to attack him while he was sleeping, and still avoid the attack due to his Logia-ness? Apparently his powers are trained enough so that he doesn't even need to think to use his powers.No. That's a power that all Logia users have. Attacks automatically don't effect them unless your using an element that negates theirs(water against sand, rubber against lightning, seastone against everything etc.), or are using Ambition in your attack.

Assertn
Sun, 03-28-2010, 12:51 PM
No. That's a power that all Logia users have. Attacks automatically don't effect them unless your using an element that negates theirs(water against sand, rubber against lightning, seastone against everything etc.), or are using Ambition in your attack.

Then there's this curveball I'll never figure out:

Remember that time when Ace and Smoker confronted each other in the restaurant and Luffy slingshots in, railing into Smoker from behind and causing both him and Ace to smash through the wall?

UChessmaster
Sun, 03-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Then there's this curveball I'll never figure out:

Remember that time when Ace and Smoker confronted each other in the restaurant and Luffy slingshots in, railing into Smoker from behind and causing both him and Ace to smash through the wall?

Comic releif

Sentenal
Mon, 03-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Comic releif
How do you know that was comic relief, and not a reflection of their level of control over their Devil Fruit?

UChessmaster
Mon, 03-29-2010, 01:20 AM
How do you know that was comic relief, and not a reflection of their level of control over their Devil Fruit?

Because every other time a logia user gets hit without noticing they turned into their element?

It was comic relief, unless you want me to beleive to take every joke literally and assume Sanji really did turned himself on fire back in Moria`s arc.

Assertn
Mon, 03-29-2010, 02:17 AM
Well now, hold on...

Comic relief is not an excuse to bend the fundamental rules of the series. Sanji engulfing himself in flames is unrelated, as it is a common characterization used over dramatically in cartoons. It would be different if, say, Sanji was able to use the flames of passion to defeat Aokiji's ice or something.

Perhaps a better scenario to compare it to would be Inner Sakura vs Ino, which is ridiculous considering that Inner Sakura was meant to be a symbolic manifestation of Sakura's passion.

Still bullshit though.

Kraco
Mon, 03-29-2010, 03:30 AM
The whole issue gets highly dodgy when studied carefully in any case. There's no difference physically between getting hit by something or hitting something by yourself. So, if the reaction was 100% automatic and consistent, logia users could never right hook anybody. In fact, depending on the threshold, they might be unable to lift heavy objects, climb a rope, or do various other things where lots of pressure is directed at limited body area.

Sentenal
Mon, 03-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Because every other time a logia user gets hit without noticing they turned into their element?

It was comic relief, unless you want me to beleive to take every joke literally and assume Sanji really did turned himself on fire back in Moria`s arc.
You are talking about people like Crocodile and Enel, who have trained their Devil Fruit to that extent. So, you really aren't addressing my question. Obviously I was implying that Smoker and Ace (for example) don't have mastery of their Devil Fruit to the extent of someone like Crocodile and Enel.

Assertn
Mon, 03-29-2010, 09:09 PM
So Ace was able to dodge Auger's bullets in time, but not Smoker flying into him? What about Kizaru being shot in the side of the head while he was trying to figure out his transponder snail?

Archangel
Mon, 03-29-2010, 10:03 PM
I'll have to agree that it was comic relief

I think that Oda is enough of a good writer to know that logic shouldn't get in the way of a good joke

Sentenal
Mon, 03-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Auger is the sharpshooter from Blackbeard's group, right? I mean, I doubt he wasn't on guard when he finally confronted Blackbeard after chasing him down for so long. So that is a different situation from both Ace and Smoker getting caught off guard, and getting hit.

Also, I'd sooner put someone like Kizaru in the same league as Crocodile and Enel, than Smoker.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 03-30-2010, 12:10 PM
I dunno, I have a feeling Smoker will make Admiral someday. They haven't really shown yet of Luffy has just blown past him, or if he's been keeping pace with the main characters' growth. Won't know until we see him fight again.

Archangel
Tue, 03-30-2010, 12:39 PM
I dunno, I have a feeling Smoker will make Admiral someday. They haven't really shown yet of Luffy has just blown past him, or if he's been keeping pace with the main characters' growth. Won't know until we see him fight again.

Well duh? Smoker's relationship with Luffy is an obvious parallel to the one between Garp and Gold Roger, i'm sure that when Luffy finally becomes the Pirate King Smoker will be up there with the top brass

Sentenal
Tue, 03-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Smoker is my favorite marine, so hopefully down the line he becomes an admiral. Just saying at that point in Alabasta, he wasn't on the same level. IMO, at least.