PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 151

Kraco
Thu, 03-11-2010, 05:27 PM
The last bubble:

Episode 151 HD - HorribleSubs (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=118326)
Episode 151 SD - HorribleSubs (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=118325)

- - - - - - - -

Finally this filler is over. It wasn't nearly as bad as many Naruto fillers of the past but especially the previous episode, 150, was so disgraceful it brought back all the bad memories.

According to the preview the next ep will see the Konoha folks receiving the dire news. Although this show doesn't really need more emo material, I'm still looking forward to it. Half of the significance of a character's death is how it affects those left behind, after all. I can only hope it will end up affecting Naruto himself in a good way (or a bad way from the pov of his enemies). He desperately needs to get less sucky.

antiravage
Thu, 03-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Utakata lost his legs among other things bellow his waist.

Kraco
Fri, 03-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Losing his legs is the least of his worries. Gaara was an exception by getting out alive from Akatsuki's hands. I'm pretty sure the rest of the jinchuuri they captured lost their lives. It's not really an organization that leaves people to tell tales.

Actually I found the ending of this arc stylish in a certain sense: It left Hotaru happily alive yet highly transiently considering her happiness was derived from Utakata's decision to accept her as a student. The important detail is the story ended before she learned of his fate. If there was no need for them to have all the jinchuuri consistently hunted, I'm sure this filler would have had a mushy uber traditional filler ending.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 03-12-2010, 04:46 AM
This arc was TERRIBLE.

You're really going to have an arc centered around the Six-tails and your not going to have him actually fight anybody, or even show the Six-Tails itself? Why bother even fucking doing it then?

In fact there was really no "fights" in this arc at all.

Just a whole lot of wasted potential. They set up something that could have been decent but then just nothing happens in the climax.

The ending WAS kind of cool though. It made the arc feel like it had weight even though it didn't. It's clear they spent some money on that scene in the flower field.

ASSpirine
Sat, 03-13-2010, 03:02 PM
So next week we're back to the manga?
I kinda forgot what happened before the fillers... :p

redcat
Sat, 03-13-2010, 04:22 PM
we left off where jiraya got his shit ruined by pain.

we got some good stuff coming up if they dont randomly give us more filler

Buffalobiian
Sat, 03-13-2010, 08:11 PM
Guess I'm the only one who liked this arc.

antiravage
Sat, 03-13-2010, 08:31 PM
So next week we're back to the manga?
I kinda forgot what happened before the fillers... :p
Next week there is no episode. The week after will be a double episode.

Pandadice
Sat, 03-13-2010, 10:23 PM
we left off where jiraya got his shit ruined by pain.

we got some good stuff coming up if they dont randomly give us more filler

we left off with Sasuke taking down the 8 tails. Before that was Jiraiya's death.

that.. that's it?! Fillers over?! yes!! it was so sort ^^! really, how long was that arc? like, less than 10 eps, right?

you know, I really enjoyed the ending to this filler arc. The way Pain short literal missiles at the 6 tails.

awman it's getting to such an amazing part in the story D:!!

Azonalanthious
Mon, 03-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Guess I'm the only one who liked this arc.

No, I'm with you, I enjoyed it as well. Though I found the forbidden jutsu itself disapointing... gee, this deadly impressive jutsu creates a crater MAYBE 50 feet across. And to do that it takes like 10 minuts to charge and has a solid, safe dead-zone like 10 feet across in the center, where even in the unlikely event you don't manage to kill the caster before she uses the thing, you can stand to be safe. I mean, using the word jutsu for fire did damage over a similar area and took 2 seconds. Mind, it probably does less damage, but when you can use it 300 times in the same time frame, who cares? Only potential neat trick with it is that it sounds like it doesn't use the user's chakra at all, which would be nice for low-chakra types.

redcat
Mon, 03-15-2010, 12:42 PM
yeah it gathered chakra from nature, like a point blank spirit bomb :S

the filler was pretty good, for filler, but that's about it. it was certainly a lot better than the drivel between the old series and shippuuden, but I'd rather be back to the manga material.

Kraco
Mon, 03-15-2010, 12:47 PM
I guess the trick to it is that it doesn't have an upper limit (because it doesn't depend on the user's chakra reserves at all). Get a room for a few days from an inn in the target town, charge there in peace, and cause a 50 megatons explosion wiping out the town and all the neighbouring ones as well.

masamuneehs
Sun, 03-21-2010, 05:55 AM
goddamn. people are still watching this show? i picked up this episode, and, lol, there really is nothing more pointless than Naruto filler episodes... so formulaic. i didn't even need to have seen any of the previous parts of this arc to know what was going to happen

even then, i did think the episode felt surprisingly well done, but we're talking like a chef of a five start restaurant preparing a baloney sandwich well done.

i used to read the manga... but then i started thinking that Naruto is like an entire filler arc of what could have been time spent on quality anime.

Pandadice
Sun, 03-21-2010, 08:52 AM
i used to read the manga... but then i started thinking that Naruto is like an entire filler arc of what could have been time spent on quality anime.

you know.. I can understand that completely. Dang... Now I wonder if I should stop..

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 03-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Don't they need a fair amount of people to remove the Bijuu, seems like the Ataksuki is running short on members, I wonder how long it will take now if it took them three days with Gaara.

Jessper
Tue, 03-23-2010, 11:39 PM
Don't they need a fair amount of people to remove the Bijuu, seems like the Ataksuki is running short on members, I wonder how long it will take now if it took them three days with Gaara.

Worst case Pain could probably do it by himselves.

Kraco
Wed, 03-24-2010, 03:11 AM
Indeed. Pain seems to have Pains to spare.