PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 486

Marik
Wed, 03-10-2010, 03:59 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/486-70/2) | Download (http://static.mangastream.com/download/Naruto_486.zip)

Augury
Wed, 03-10-2010, 04:24 PM
That dialogue was actually better better than what I expected.

I'm ready to move on to the next point in the story - I'd like to see how Madara reacts to Kisame's death and what the former hawk members are going to do now.

Archangel
Wed, 03-10-2010, 04:26 PM
O Sasuke, Sasuke! Wherefore art thou Sasuke?

Fucking NaruSaku fansirlz must have orgazmed on this chapter

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm not disappointed with Naruto. It's a good speech.

Zetsu, however, went down another notch. he used to be cool.

Archangel
Wed, 03-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Seriously? It's idiotic! What will he solve by dying with him?

Anyway, was that a translation error or did Madara mention the Rinnegan?

animus
Wed, 03-10-2010, 05:00 PM
Shit chapter was shit.

Let's fight to the death because I'm your friend and I'm going to become Hokage! And Hokages save friends!

Sidnne
Wed, 03-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Seriously? It's idiotic! What will he solve by dying with him?

Anyway, was that a translation error or did Madara mention the Rinnegan?

I was wondering that too. And his hand was also melting or something in that frame.

And there's just no way that Madara is really Madara. If its Madara, then we know it is and there's no reason to go to such lengths to keep his face hidden.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-10-2010, 05:11 PM
How can he call himself Hokage (one day) if he places one fucktard above the whole village?

Yes please. Kill them both.

Someone photoshop the chapter and make Naruto tell Sasuke he loves him or something.

Shit chapter with a shit plot.

Oh btw... that crap of not being Uchihas or Jinchuuriki reminds me of all those crappy fanfics where they both die and become Shinigamis in the Bleach world.

Whistling
Wed, 03-10-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm ready to move on with the plot, that chapter was disappointing.

Bring on the Madara's reaction to Kisame's death, Killerbee's escape and subsequent meeting up with his brother, the apparent Rinnegan being held by Madara, and Naruto not flopping around like a fish anymore.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Naruto's declaration. (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/shinta617/gay.png)

DeathscytheVII
Wed, 03-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Zetsu, however, went down another notch. he used to be cool.

At least white Zetsu did, Black half Zetsu is still bad ass :cool:

Sasuke's "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" line made my day.

Btw, did Madara just say he has a Rinnegan? I guess in the Naruto world, Eyes can be replaced as easily as any other busted kunai or weapon.

Archangel
Wed, 03-10-2010, 07:52 PM
Naruto's declaration. (http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/shinta617/gay.png)
Lame, they didn't even use the same font

shinta|hikari
Wed, 03-10-2010, 09:22 PM
I made that... :(

I only used paint because I am at work so editing naturally sucks. I thought the Sakura panel was pretty good though.

Sidnne
Wed, 03-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Lame, they didn't even use the same font

And if that wasn't bad enough, it wasn't very witty either.

SigmaAlpha2
Wed, 03-10-2010, 09:56 PM
...you know... I really liked this chapter. I think that if Naruto would have given that as his answer without that dialogue I would have been pissed, but it really sold it.

Idealistic
Wed, 03-10-2010, 11:07 PM
How can you become Hokage if you can't abide by the ninja laws of capturing/killing a missing-nin who has done great harm.

This is some romeo and juliet shit. Let's die together!

Rikudo
Thu, 03-11-2010, 12:38 AM
I really like how Kakashi is so determined on killing Sasuke. He really deserves to be a hokage.
And I think the past three chapters or so, there's always a panel where we see Sakura crying (pathetic bitch).
I want to see Naruto stagger either Zetsu or Madara first right in front of Sasuke before they fight. Sasuke is so fucked up right now he think he can take on anybody.

Rekeco
Thu, 03-11-2010, 02:35 AM
I was kind of hoping for a more climatic end to this, with someone biting the bucket.

Kakashi sees that Sauske has fallen and that he is weakened right now, he's going about the right strategy to go in for the kill. Why let them heal up and come back all powerful when you can take them out now.

Assertn
Thu, 03-11-2010, 03:04 AM
And in this epic episode: sasuke and naruto once again defer their fight to a later time.

snorefest.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 03-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Sasuke: Either kill me and become your village's hero, or I'll kill you.

Naruto: I'll neither be known as the man who killed you nor will I become the man who was killed by you. Instead, I'll both kill you AND become the man who got killed by you! I win, you lose.

Epic! *fap*fap*fap*

rockmanj
Thu, 03-11-2010, 10:44 AM
I really don't see the logic of that. Well, and I doubt that Konoha will allow that to happen, since I would think they still want the 9 tails. And what about Madara? I doubt he wants Naruto to die, since he needs the 9 tails for his magic plan. Not to be judgmental, but that is probably one of the dumbest strategies I have heard of (what if he kills Sasuke? Will he commit suicide?). And also one of the gayest (not that there is anything wrong with that).

poopdeville
Thu, 03-11-2010, 12:14 PM
You guys, you didn't read it right. He didn't say he wanted to die together. He said he thought they were evenly matched, AND THAT HE WOULD DEFEND KONOHA TO THE DEATH. If Sasuke attacked, they would probably die together, because of these two facts.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 03-11-2010, 02:23 PM
yeah poopde's got it. Seems like the most of you have already jumped the shark on this series... when he finally mans up and tells him that he WONT try to use his love or his amazing rhetoric or power of persuasion, even though he said exactly what you wanted to hear that he'd fight him to the death, you still bitch and nitpick.

now that madara's made zetsu sound weak it be dumb if he comes over the top and does work on any konoha nin when it comes time.

im hoping the old dude and his raccoon make a comeback to help train naruto soon

FireEmblem
Thu, 03-11-2010, 02:47 PM
The dialogue seemed exceptionally campy in this chapter. I wonder if it was the translation's fault though.

And yeah, the Zetsu stuff was pretty random. Though with what was said in this chapter, maybe Shikamaru can take him on!

LobsterMagnet
Thu, 03-11-2010, 03:31 PM
I think the sadest part is the fact that that panel with Zetsu, Mandara, and Sauske pretty much sums up the total man power of akatsuki. Really want to know how the hell Mandara plans to wage war on anything at this point. Curious about what he plans to do with the rinningan.

Maybe he's gonna stick it in himself use it to revive all the dead members atkatsuki and use their corpses to wage war which would be pretty badass. Hope he pulls something out.

UChessmaster
Thu, 03-11-2010, 06:25 PM
I think the sadest part is the fact that that panel with Zetsu, Mandara, and Sauske pretty much sums up the total man power of akatsuki. Really want to know how the hell Mandara plans to wage war on anything at this point. Curious about what he plans to do with the rinningan.

Remember those 7 nearly unstopable beasts Madara has under his control? me neither, i wonder how he`s going to war anything as well!

Archangel
Thu, 03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Remember those 7 nearly unstopable beasts Madara has under his control? me neither, i wonder how he`s going to war anything as well!
Last time i noticed it they were all tucked away in an incontrollable statue

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 03-11-2010, 06:39 PM
yeah poopde's got it. Seems like the most of you have already jumped the shark on this series... when he finally mans up and tells him that he WONT try to use his love or his amazing rhetoric or power of persuasion, even though he said exactly what you wanted to hear that he'd fight him to the death, you still bitch and nitpick.

now that madara's made zetsu sound weak it be dumb if he comes over the top and does work on any konoha nin when it comes time.

im hoping the old dude and his raccoon make a comeback to help train naruto soon

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/485-64/17

If I'm interpreting the top two panels correctly, Sasuke is saying "Either kill me or get killed by me", to which Naruto replies "I'll neither get killed by you nor kill you". At least, before the release of chapter 486, that was a perfectly reasonable way to interpret those panels. Enter, chapter 486:

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/486-70/13

I'd link page 14 too but that's just redundant, he says the same thing, but more gayriffically...actually, that helps a little so I will link it:

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/486-70/14

Given that Naruto contradicted himself, and we didn't have to go back further than one chapter to see it, I ask, just how is this NITPICKING? It may be bitching, but it's justified bitching. You have to stretch REAL far to NOT see this as a contradiction. At the end of 485 we waited in anticipation to see what Naruto's third choice would be. Lo and behold, we're given the WORST possible scenario: blatant and unapologetic contradiction. It's anticlimactic, and it's bullshit. And, a little homo in the delivery, not that there's anything wrong with that. Come on.

UChessmaster
Thu, 03-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Last time i noticed it they were all tucked away in an incontrollable statue

Incontrollable how exactly? I`m sure Madara has SOME way of controlling them.

Archangel
Thu, 03-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Do tell.

Because from what i can tell they're either been transformed to energy and are useless without the last 2 or they can be turned back to their original forms and remain as wild as they ever been. If anything that second option might turn to bite him in the ass with all these first hokage clones running amok

UChessmaster
Thu, 03-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Do tell.

The rinnengan eye Madara was about to get 1 episode ago.

poopdeville
Thu, 03-11-2010, 08:07 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/485-64/17

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/486-70/13

I'd link page 14 too but that's just redundant, he says the same thing, but more gayriffically...actually, that helps a little so I will link it:

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/486-70/14

Enter pages 11 and 12, where Naruto says:

"Sasuke, do you remember what you told me at the valley of the end, about top class ninjas? ... One direct clash later, I understand a lot more. We've become top-class ninjas, Sasuke. Did you see what was in my heart? How I really feel? Did you see what will happen? IF WE FIGHT AGAIN, WE'RE BOTH GOING TO DIE. Our battle will be inevitable if you really do attack the leaf.

You will note that your first link is to the moment before they traded their Rasendori, when they "exchanged" feelings or whatever by dueling. I'm not saying you're wrong, so much as I am saying that Naruto was confident that he could capture Sasuke -- and now, he's just confident he can stop him if Sasuke attacks Konoha. They know how strong they each are.

Archangel
Thu, 03-11-2010, 08:09 PM
The rinnengan eye Madara was about to get 1 episode ago.
Wut? .

TwisT
Thu, 03-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Also Madara can control Bijuu's with his Sharingan anyways so even if he where to release one as a chess piece he will just control it directly with his Sharingan. And he seem to have the rinnengan.

Archangel
Thu, 03-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Also Madara can control Bijuu's with his Sharingan anyways so even if he where to release one as a chess piece he will just control it directly with his Sharingan. And he seem to have the rinnengan.
We've seen him control the nine-tails, we have no proof that he can control any of the other beasts

Rikudo
Fri, 03-12-2010, 12:52 AM
We've seen him control the nine-tails, we have no proof that he can control any of the other beasts

I think Sasuke is pretty beasty and Madara controlled him quite easily.:p

Rekeco
Fri, 03-12-2010, 01:42 AM
I think Sasuke is pretty beasty and Madara controlled him quite easily.:p

This one made me chuckle a bit.

Isn't the 9 tails supposed to be the beast with the most chakara or possible the strongest? Doesn't that mean if he can control the 9 tails, the rest should be controllable under his power. He could always find "containers" for them and let the beast control some persons' body and fight along side him.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 03-12-2010, 01:49 AM
Given that Naruto contradicted himself, and we didn't have to go back further than one chapter to see it, I ask, just how is this NITPICKING? It may be bitching, but it's justified bitching. You have to stretch REAL far to NOT see this as a contradiction. At the end of 485 we waited in anticipation to see what Naruto's third choice would be. Lo and behold, we're given the WORST possible scenario: blatant and unapologetic contradiction. It's anticlimactic, and it's bullshit. And, a little homo in the delivery, not that there's anything wrong with that. Come on.

Yeahh well guy you see you are nitpicking and your poor display of comprehension doesn't really help your side of the nitbitch fence kinda shows how you dont even pay attention just another hater. It wasn't meant to be climatic, it was meant to start bringing an end to this arc. Albeit not the greatest moment in naruto.. Maybe if they fought for at least a second before doing their trademark jutsu battle and white world of telepathy convo it woulda been alright.

Im thinking... all these 'homo' thoughts about a manga says just a little bit about where your heads at.

CapsuleCorpJX
Fri, 03-12-2010, 02:29 AM
Naruto still hasn't grown. He's an unrealistic and a delusional romantic. He would not, will not make a good Hokage because he doesn't think rationally or with interest in the best possible outcome for the village.

With this idea of a double fight to the death. He's like that kid who reads too much manga.

A Hokage is not only willing to kill his old traitorous friend, but is willing to kill in deceitful ways, like killing his friend while his friend sleeping. Whatever is best for the village.

Naruto wants a fair duel, and is willing to risk his own death and the saftey of the village because it sounds like "honorable" and "cool".

Psyke
Fri, 03-12-2010, 03:16 AM
I'm gonna sound stupid for saying this but for a second I thought they managed to sew Kisame's head back on.

UChessmaster
Fri, 03-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Wut? .

http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/486-70/6

Madara: I need to be ready for war... this is a good chance to take out the rinnengan.

Archangel
Fri, 03-12-2010, 09:15 AM
http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/486-70/6

Madara: I need to be ready for war... this is a good chance to take out the rinnengan.
From that line you took it that he has a rinnegan at his disposal...?

Because from this (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/486/05/) it would seem that he's planning on killing origami girl and taking pain's

Assertn
Fri, 03-12-2010, 03:58 PM
whatever happened to origami girl anyway?

EpyonNext
Fri, 03-12-2010, 04:02 PM
whatever happened to origami girl anyway?

After Nagato died she said she wanted nothing to do with madara. As far as I can tell, she took the bodies of Nagato and the other dude(name escapes me at the moment) and left.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 03-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Actually, she did mention that she'd ally herself with Naruto on account of Nagato's wishes. I hope she doesn't get murdered before we get to see her actively participating in whatever "plot" Naruto'll come up with.

Barumonk
Sat, 03-13-2010, 01:11 PM

Entirely too lazy to read through the entire thread to see if anyone posted the same thing, but I doubt they are controllable once inside the statue. I assume that returning all the bijuu to that statue is a major part of reviving the monster that Madara mentioned since the statue is summoned by the Rinnegan. Most likely, once inside the statue they would begin merging together since they are really just lumps of the original monster's chakra.

Patriot
Sat, 03-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Keep in mind, its harder to capture someone then killing them when you have to take them head on. Zetzu could still be badass, strong as hell, just not able to capture but maybe able to kill Naruto...

Just my take on it.

Stitch
Sun, 03-14-2010, 08:02 AM
goddamnit

how does kishimoto always know how to make me cry

... that was brilliant.

*Citizen Kane clap*

Whistling
Sun, 03-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Hmm 2 different translations for that panel with Madara's mask off

I'm interested to see which will hold true

Sam98034
Mon, 03-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Hmm 2 different translations for that panel with Madara's mask off

I'm interested to see which will hold true

do tell, don't leave us hanging

February
Mon, 03-15-2010, 12:10 PM

actually if he can control nine-tails, its pretty safe to assume he can control the others.
why? they are all some form of beasts, and the most repeatedly told aspect is that they vary in levels of power. Seeing as how Kyuubi is explained to be the strongest, I think its logical to assume he can control the weaker ones as well.

poopdeville
Mon, 03-15-2010, 12:24 PM
do tell, don't leave us hanging

I think the "take out the Rinnegan" translation isn't wrong. It's just kind of slangy. He's going to take it out in the same way a sniper "takes out" his target. (I presume someone was thinking he kept a set of Rinnegan eyes in his mausoleum)

ForteCross
Mon, 03-15-2010, 01:26 PM
i dont think im following you..
if he is going to "take out" (as killing) the rinnegan, who was he meaning to?

poopdeville
Mon, 03-15-2010, 02:53 PM
He's going to kill Konan and capture the Rinnegan. It could actually be pretty sweet if she had them installed into her head, Kakashi-style.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 03-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Madara used the word "kaishuu" which means "collection" or "recovery". The way you interpreted it is correct, but the translation itself was quite off.

Prof. Chaos
Tue, 03-16-2010, 03:16 AM
He's going to kill Konan and capture the Rinnegan. It could actually be pretty sweet if she had them installed into her head, Kakashi-style.

That's about the only logical translation of it.

Sam98034
Tue, 03-16-2010, 03:41 AM
Well, to me it just sounds like he's going to get them out and use them. If he's meaning it sniper style, it may just mean he's going to use the tailed beasts now because they are currently being sealed by the Rinnegan or something like that. I don't know how you would get Konan in there.

I still see her playing a part, though. She's still in charge of the land of the rain, was it, right now?