PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 577

Marik
Wed, 03-10-2010, 01:09 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/577-69/2) | Download (http://static.mangastream.com/download/OnePiece_577.zip)

Death13a
Wed, 03-10-2010, 01:23 PM
OOOOKKKKK so Blackbeard leveled up

but i don't think he can keep absorbing abilities, otherwise they start to conflict with each other.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Wow... BlackBeard completely lost it...
Im wondering what Marco meant about Teach's body composition. I don't think this was an ability of the Darkness fruit, but rather one of his own.

Akainu needs to die. Every panel he appears I hate him more.

Munsu
Wed, 03-10-2010, 01:47 PM
OOOOKKKKK so Blackbeard leveled up

but i don't think he can keep absorbing abilities, otherwise they start to conflict with each other.
I don't think he's just going around absorbing powers. I think he simply has the 2 and it'll stay that way. Apparently there's an anormality in his body that would allow him to do this, maybe kinda like those very rare cases in which a person might exhibit 2 different DNAs... chimeras.

rockmanj
Wed, 03-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Wow... BlackBeard completely lost it...
Im wondering what Marco meant about Teach's body composition. I don't think this was an ability of the Darkness fruit, but rather one of his own.

Akainu needs to die. Every panel he appears I hate him more.

Where did Marco mention Teach's composition?

Munsu
Wed, 03-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Where did Marco mention Teach's composition?
On the last page.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-10-2010, 02:02 PM
I think Im reopening an old pandora box with this but oh well...
I wonder how Devil Fruits work. Supposedly only 1 of each exists at a time... so... when a user dies... what triggers a new fruit to be born? Or does a part of the previous owner transform into a fruit?

This would explain what Teach was doing... extracting the 'new fruit' from the body. But then one should appear from Ace too...

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-10-2010, 02:09 PM
didn't they say that having more than one devil fruit will make you explode?
I can understand the power stealing, but it requires some explanation about dual fruiting.
anyway.
loved that marine, who's soiling himself because he's so afraid of earthquakes.
also, WB was 72? I thought he was 50 something, that makes him even more amazing. we really need some more flashbacks about him, maybe after all this is over, maybe we'll start hearing about islands in NW that WB visited, maybe the merman island will give some more info on the subject...

back to Blackbeard.
here's my take on the issue.
Devil fruits only grow inside a dead man's body. which explains how there's only one person of each power, and yet the fruits can be identified from sight.
Black beard has a twin inside him, (like the guy in basilik), which BB feeds the evil fruit to, and when he wants to switch backup powers, he sucks the fruit out of his brother, and then feeds him another fruit.

I'm positive that the secret to the power swap isn't just the blackwhole, since that guy commented about BB's atypical body, and furthermore, most devil fruits abilities are recognized, and if someone in the past had the ability to steal powers, it would have been made public.

or something. anyway, Blackbeard hides the process because it's his weakness.

rockmanj
Wed, 03-10-2010, 02:33 PM
On the last page.

Ahh...I couldn't scroll to the right for some reason the first time. It just appeared that the page said: "It's my AAAGE" and the page right below. I can see the whole thing now (I'm not illiterate).

Death13a
Wed, 03-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Well they did mentioned that Blackbeard could die, so he won't go around absorbing abilities if he can have more than one. And he needed first fruit to be darkness as he would have eaten others by now.

Assertn
Wed, 03-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I think the darkness fruit allows him to extract another devil fruit power, but only his physical body is able to handle the effects of possessing two fruits.

In other words, without the darkness fruit, Teach would have to obtain a second power by finding another uneaten fruit.

Archangel
Wed, 03-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Well if BB wasn't already obvious "Last Boss" material back then...

Also i might be willing to bet that should Jimbei survive this he'll join the strawhats, all he lacks right now is a dream that can only be reached by finding One Piece

Augury
Wed, 03-10-2010, 04:30 PM
You know, with the quake fruit, Blackbeard is a whole lot more powerful now, but.... doesn't he still have the same weakness? Powerful physical attacks can still take him down.

Like others here, I think that Oda is just amping up Blackbeard to confirm that he's the final villain but having Luffy grow strong enough to defeat him is still very believable.

animus
Wed, 03-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Maybe being a D allows him more than one fruit? Shrug, that's what I thought that body composition from Marco meant.

Assertn
Wed, 03-10-2010, 04:57 PM
I've been basically approaching the whole twist here with the mindset of "it'll be interesting to see how strong all the strawhats will get to counter this new threat."

Obviously Luffy will find a way to overpower both the darkness and quake fruits against Blackbeard.

I'd also expect to see Zoro fight Shiryuu, Sanji fight Burgess, Usopp fight Auger, Nami fight Devon, etc...

For that to happen, this series will have to be far from nearing the conclusion.

Carnage
Wed, 03-10-2010, 05:10 PM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4224/1268251482240.th.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/i/1268251482240.jpg/)

Some people believe he has eaten a Cerberus Zoan fruit that allows him to hold 3 abilities.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Thats a great find Carnage. Would explain the 3-skull symbol as well. I love Oda's planning.

But I do wonder how Luffy and Zoro knew he wasn't a he but a they...

Archangel
Wed, 03-10-2010, 05:39 PM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/4224/1268251482240.th.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/i/1268251482240.jpg/)

Some people believe he has eaten a Cerberus Zoan fruit that allows him to hold 3 abilities.
Lol, Oda foreshadowed this 351 chapters ago...

I don't know about a cerberus fruit but there's something there and it has nothing to do with being a man of D. The obvious would be multiple personalities but i'm not naive enough to expect the obvious from Oda

Still the theory certainly has merit, especially since this new mythical Zoan type fruit was disclosed and the triskulled flag

Assertn
Wed, 03-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Well one thing's for sure, Blackbeard pretty explicitly stated that the one fruit he's been seeking for all this time was the darkness fruit. So, unless he ate a chimera fruit beforehand...

Even so, the chimera fruit would surely have been documented in Vegapunk's data, so someone would be able to figure it out.

Archangel
Wed, 03-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Now that you mention it, anyone ever wondered how BB made those 3 cuts in Shank's face? It would be weird to get 3 different hits to line up in a scar like that right?

For him to get 1 on the mighty Shanks so long ago ( remember he already had those when he met up with Luffy ) I'm pretty sure it was a surprise attack

poopdeville
Wed, 03-10-2010, 06:06 PM
I figured he was holding knives between his fingers like Buggy does.

Archangel
Wed, 03-10-2010, 06:33 PM
The gap is too small for that and we've never seen him make any sort of move like that. Hell, we've never even seen him with knives

rockmanj
Wed, 03-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Maybe he has really long nails? I myself do not think that it has to do with being a D, since I believe that Whitebeard said that he was a "False" D. In that case, I am more willing to go with the chimera theory, Cerberus theory, or something similar. That three headed Jolly Roger has to stand for something, dammit!

Assertn
Wed, 03-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Teach is a D, no doubt about it, but just not one of the D's that Roger was waiting for. He's driven by greed, which is uncharacteristic of most D's, which I believe is what Whitebeard was eluding to.

Whatever Teach did, there was obviously some inherit risk, as it sounds like Shiryuu himself had concerns about what would happen if Teach failed.

Death13a
Wed, 03-10-2010, 07:59 PM
found the link about a woman with 2 genetic make ups

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/347046/chimeras_two_people_in_one_body_not.html?cat=58

Carnage
Wed, 03-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Even so, the chimera fruit would surely have been documented in Vegapunk's data, so someone would be able to figure it out.

I don't remember, does Vegapunk have data on every single fruit?

Assertn
Wed, 03-10-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm sure Teach wouldn't have eaten it if it wasn't documented... unless accidentally discovering the chimera fruit triggered his drive to become the greatest pirate.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 03-10-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm sure Teach wouldn't have eaten it if it wasn't documented... unless accidentally discovering the chimera fruit triggered his drive to become the greatest pirate.

That's actually very plausible. One of the recent flashback with Blackbeard show him to be a rather humble guy. I thought it was just him acting innocent, but it would definitely fit with that theory.

Rekeco
Thu, 03-11-2010, 03:05 AM
That's actually very plausible. One of the recent flashback with Blackbeard show him to be a rather humble guy. I thought it was just him acting innocent, but it would definitely fit with that theory.

Echoing what others have said so far, I think BB either ate a chimera/cerabus (sp?) fruit that allows him to have more than one ability. I don't think he has a hidden twin or anything like that inside of him because on one of the pages it showed him glowing each power in both his hands (darkness on left and earthquake on the right).

Although, it would be interesting if the reason was part of the D bloodline/linage because in that sense Luffy could always get Ace's fruit and absorb that. Fire Fist Strawhat ftw!

Munsu
Thu, 03-11-2010, 08:42 AM
Maybe being a D allows him more than one fruit? Shrug, that's what I thought that body composition from Marco meant.
He's a fake "D."

I think whatever allows him to have two powers is something that has to do with his natural being rather than something that he acquired.

I also don't think he'll be a "Last Boss" type of guy. I would think that the "Last Boss" either hasn't been introduced or is somehow associated with the Government.

For all his powerfulness, that he looked like shit against Whitebeard and got scared shitless at one point makes me think he really doesn't have what it takes to be the final boss of the series.

Tyreal
Thu, 03-11-2010, 09:14 AM
For all his powerfulness, that he looked like shit against Whitebeard and got scared shitless at one point makes me think he really doesn't have what it takes to be the final boss of the series.

At the moment Luffy doesn't have what it takes to take on the last boss of the series, but by the end of the series I can guarantee you he will. Just because Blackbeard doesn't currently have what it takes doesn't mean he wont have what it takes.

Splash!
Thu, 03-11-2010, 10:34 AM
He's a fake "D."

I think whatever allows him to have two powers is something that has to do with his natural being rather than something that he acquired.

I also don't think he'll be a "Last Boss" type of guy. I would think that the "Last Boss" either hasn't been introduced or is somehow associated with the Government.

I dont think he is a fake D. If he is to be Luffy's arch nemesis, he better be a D.

I wouldnt look too much into Blackbeard being scared. He is a bit melodramatic. He had the same look against Ace and Luffy, yet he knew he could defeat both of them. Besides, I think Whitebeard could scare anyone shitless. Even the great admiral Akainu got his ass handed to him. The fact is, Blackbeard just obtained the power which made Whitebeard so scary. Add that to his extremely useful ability to nullify other DF users, and I dont think anyone stands a chance against him.

rockmanj
Thu, 03-11-2010, 10:47 AM
I think it is interesting that he doesn't nullify his new DF power when he uses darkness. I am not sure whether or not it is a conscious ability, but it seems like it lends credence to either having a third DF that allows fruits to co-exist, or that he is somehow more than one person in one body.

FireEmblem
Thu, 03-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Now that you mention it, anyone ever wondered how BB made those 3 cuts in Shank's face? It would be weird to get 3 different hits to line up in a scar like that right?

For him to get 1 on the mighty Shanks so long ago ( remember he already had those when he met up with Luffy ) I'm pretty sure it was a surprise attack

Didn't Shanks tell Whitebeard that the scars from Blackbeard were not the result of a surprise attack nor was Shanks screwing around. Too lazy to look it up right now to double check though.

That was slick how Blackbeards plan to absorb Whitebeards fruit could have resulted in death. I'm not sure how I feel about the chimera theory yet as far as it being possible. I honestly think it would be lame as hell but if it's true I have no doubt that Oda will write it in an enjoyable way.

I've been thinking about how the story will progress eventually and based on the past few chapters I think and I'm hoping that the series wont end with Luffy becoming the pirate king. I think he's going to carry the title for a couple of arcs before the series finishes.

Augury
Thu, 03-11-2010, 05:53 PM
Didn't Shanks tell Whitebeard that the scars from Blackbeard were not the result of a surprise attack nor was Shanks screwing around. Too lazy to look it up right now to double check though.
Pretty much correct:
Pages 11 and 12:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/11/
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/434/12/

Archangel
Thu, 03-11-2010, 05:58 PM
I still think that a triskulled Jolly Roger and Shank's 3 cuts are more than a coincidence

Assertn
Thu, 03-11-2010, 08:13 PM
I think it is interesting that he doesn't nullify his new DF power when he uses darkness. I am not sure whether or not it is a conscious ability, but it seems like it lends credence to either having a third DF that allows fruits to co-exist, or that he is somehow more than one person in one body.
The darkness doesn't passively nullify fruits. Blackbeard only nullified Whitebeard's ability while he was using that vortex move on him. After Whitebeard stabbed him and he was reeling from the pain, Whitebeard was able to land a quake attack on Blackbeard's head.

joker-kun
Thu, 03-11-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't think it's a fruit because the way Marco is saying it, it's as if it's something the whole crew knew / knows about him. If he had a Chimera fruit - and its abilities were known - it would have most likely been mentioned by now that he holds two fruit powers (the Gura Gura would technically be his third).

I do agree with Arch though about the 3's being some sort of foreshadow (3 scars, 3 headed jolly roger). I also find that manga panel interesting where Luffy and Zoro say "they", so there's definitely something up.

Wild theory that makes no sense, but maybe BB absorbed someone, force fed them the fruit, and is drawing on their power. Or maybe he's a hermaphrodite and his penis holds one power and his vagina the other. I guess he could be a saimese (sp?) twin and is just hiding his growth like brother under his clothes. el oh el.

Assertn
Fri, 03-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Ehhh.... I'll agree that rereading that "they" part does seem a little suspicious, but my presumption was always that it implied Teach wasn't alone. In this case, it could have been referring to the other guys in Jaya that later turn out to be his crewmates. That still would make it seem like a pretty strange dialogue, though.

joker-kun
Fri, 03-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Ehhh.... I'll agree that rereading that "they" part does seem a little suspicious, but my presumption was always that it implied Teach wasn't alone. In this case, it could have been referring to the other guys in Jaya that later turn out to be his crewmates. That still would make it seem like a pretty strange dialogue, though.

I always read it that way too, but it does seem strange now. Oda does seem quite good at foreshadowing things, but maybe we're just reading into it too much. Time will tell.

Archangel
Fri, 03-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I always read it that way too, but it does seem strange now. Oda is pretty much a fucking God when it comes to foreshadowing things, but maybe we're just reading into it too much. Time will tell.
Fixed .

Death13a
Fri, 03-12-2010, 03:14 PM
I always find it funny how when it comes to one piece people dismiss things as a comedy relief, or like to "they" when you think about it it would be strange to when Nami addressing one person, Luffy and Zoro would address to entire crew. That's what make one piece so special is that so meaningless phrase or action can be buried under all other information, that can contributed to story much more than everything else that is going on at that moment.