PDA

View Full Version : Working!!

TheBladeChild
Sun, 03-07-2010, 11:53 AM
http://www.otakureview.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/working01-291x300.jpg

From ANN:

In the story, a high school freshman named Sōta Takanashi (Jun Fukuyama) works part-time among the restaurant's high-spirited, eccentric, yet cool staffers. Yoshimasa Hiraike (Kaleido Star, Sketchbook ~full color'S~, Solty Rei)

Episode 1:

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=117497

shinta|hikari
Sun, 03-07-2010, 07:17 PM
This episode was freaking hilarious. This reminds me of Seitokai no Ichizon, yet mixed with some Durarara and minus the parodies and mystery. This is definitely a must watch for me in the coming season.

I really like Jun Fukuyama's voice when he isn't acting all insane and evil. While Lelouch is still my favorite role for him, Gauche and Souta are very nice on the ears.

The store manager was bad ass. I like the front kick then the cellphone scene, but I am glad that she still has a female side despite her attitude. She is definitely my favorite character so far.

So far, the only character I am not liking is the girl with androphobia. I generally don't like shy characters much, but when mixed with random violence, lots of noise and a pretty boring character design, then she loses a lot of points.

Minicon eh? Interesting if any romance will actually develop in this show, or if it will stick to comedy.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 03-19-2010, 01:21 AM
m.3.3.w - Yuurisan - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=119650)

--------------------------------

Hilarious stuff, as Shinta said. I loved the scenes with the manager.

The names are so confusing in this show, and I bet it's on purpose. There's a Souta, a Satou and Souma?

I was expecting the katana to make its way into that delinquent scene, but it seems that mystery will have to wait.

TheBladeChild
Wed, 04-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Working!! -2(Chihiro)

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=124560

Kraco
Mon, 04-19-2010, 03:19 AM
A better, under 12 years old version:

Episode 2 - Yus-m33w (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=125302)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-19-2010, 03:36 AM
I actually watched Chihiro's version, which surprisingly wasn't as bad as what I thought it would be. They've improved.

As for the episode, wasn't as funny as the first one, but still quite enjoyable.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-19-2010, 04:06 AM
I hope the show shifts focus away from the violent girl. I generally dislike slapstick, and that is pretty much all she is worth.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-22-2010, 04:29 AM
[Nipponsei] Working!! OP ED Single - SOMEONE ELSE [Various].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Working!!%20OP%20ED%20Single%20-%20SOMEONE%20ELSE%20%5BVarious%5D.zip.torrent)

Yukimura
Fri, 04-23-2010, 12:05 PM
I really despise characters like Inami in fiction. If the schtick was she hit Takanashi reflexively and then he hit her back and they got into fights all the time I might find it funny but with her just beating on him while he is encouraged by the entire cast to shut up and take it from her without complaint makes it less funny and more irritating. It also stretches the imagination that she hasn't managed to hit any male customers yet seems to almost go out of her way to him him.

Since I doubt she's going anywhere I can only hope they keep on the track of explaining away her violence as a coping mechanism for budding romantic feelings. That way I can try to savor the split second after she confesses to him and he rejects her with crushing finality but before she punches him through the roof while everyone laughs.

Ryllharu
Fri, 04-23-2010, 04:28 PM
I really despise characters like Inami in fiction. If the schtick was she hit Takanashi reflexively and then he hit her back and they got into fights all the time I might find it funny but with her just beating on him while he is encouraged by the entire cast to shut up and take it from her without complaint makes it less funny and more irritating. It also stretches the imagination that she hasn't managed to hit any male customers yet seems to almost go out of her way to him him.
There is a difference between Takanashi and male customers. He actively antagonizes her verbally.

I'm not really sure which one of the others pointed it out, it might have been Poplar, but the others caught on that he is making it worse for himself by always verbally attacking Inami. They believed it was because he was trying to help her get over her androphobia, but the truth is that he hates her because she is older than 12 years old (and not Poplar).

So I wouldn't really say he's just taking it without complaint. He's certainly starting it. I agree that it is a miracle she hasn't hit anyone before he started there for her to release it on, but that may just be excellent shift and table management by Yachiyo and Kyouko.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Chihiro - episode 03 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=126336)

Yukimura
Mon, 04-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Ryllharu are you saying that it's Takanashi 's fault that he is constantly being hit whenever this girl sees him? Because he doesn't like her and doesn't pretend that he does it's on him that he gets physically assaulted repeatedly? I have trouble both seeing how your explanation applies to the situation and how it is relevant to the issue of the acceptability of her behavior by the rest of the cast.

On one hand even when he doesn't say anything to her she hits him such as when she first saw him and knew nothing about him or his feelings towards her. It seems to me that he doesn't have to say anything to her to elicit a violent action from her which makes me doubt that he is actively 'making' her hit him.

On the other hand how can you defend physical abuse on the order of punching in the face as a response/reaction to verbal 'abuse' on the order of not being tactful. I'm certainly not nominating Takanashi for man of the year but from what I've seen of his comments towards her never seemed to cross any boundaries that should exist within a free society. Inami, however, should be behind bars or in a mental institution (preferably with bars) as far as I'm concerned. Responding to nonthreatening verbal stimulation with physical aggression is a sign of a serious mental problem and the cast seems to behave as if they understand this, but they treat it about as importantly as they might an 18 year old who still sucks their thumb. One of the most worrisome things about Inami is that she seems to blame her victims for 'making' her hit them more than or instead of showing remorse that she harmed or wants to harm them for nothing other than being male.

Imagine a gender flipped version of this scenario where a guy felt that a woman didn't like him, based in part on her openly stating the fact repeatedly, and he reacted by hitting that women every chance he got. Do you think the people around these two should condone the guys behavior with infinite patience while advising the woman to bear with it and try to get the guy to like her more?

I understand that in the frame of reference of the show this is all just fun and lulz and that women hitting men is meaningless no matter how many times it happens. I think it irks me most that the other cast members acknowledge that it's a bad thing for Inami to hit men for nothing but they don't seem to see it as a big deal and never go beyond encouraging her to stop on her own.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-26-2010, 04:01 PM
A bit of an overreaction of your own here...
Ryllharu are you saying that it's Takanashi 's fault that he is constantly being hit whenever this girl sees him? Because he doesn't like her and doesn't pretend that he does it's on him that he gets physically assaulted repeatedly? I have trouble both seeing how your explanation applies to the situation and how it is relevant to the issue of the acceptability of her behavior by the rest of the cast.

On one hand even when he doesn't say anything to her she hits him such as when she first saw him and knew nothing about him or his feelings towards her. It seems to me that he doesn't have to say anything to her to elicit a violent action from her which makes me doubt that he is actively 'making' her hit him.

On the other hand how can you defend physical abuse on the order of punching in the face as a response/reaction to verbal 'abuse' on the order of not being tactful.[redacted]

[redacted]

[redacted]I think it irks me most that the other cast members acknowledge that it's a bad thing for Inami to hit men for nothing but they don't seem to see it as a big deal and never go beyond encouraging her to stop on her own.Yes, it is his fault that he is getting hit more instead of customers or the other male workers. He is egging her on. He even actively encouraged her to get it out on him instead of her attacking the general manager while convincing her that he is more air than he is a man. She was hiding behind him casually before he reminded her.

At the beginning, she was shocked enough to see him that she lashed out. Toward the end of her episode (eps 2), he is quite actively harassing her verbally. He denounces her repeatedly, snaps at her for getting his name wrong, calls her unfit for work more than once, and so on.

It's not acceptable behavior, nor did I ever mention it was, and even Inami herself thinks so. The cast all acknowledges it is a problem, but so far she hasn't hit any customers (by miracle or by Yachiyo's dutiful work). Kyouko doesn't care, she'll just use her gang to find new customers.

They haven't been able to stop it because most of them are girls (or kitchen staff who are out of range behind the counter). She's been trying to get past it, but it is such a comedic extreme level of fear that she can't. She has also displayed willpower to avoid it when she is forced to deal with male customers. But it isn't excessively unwarranted. She doesn't run up to him when they are across the room from each other and beat him up. Either she is surprised as they meet around a corner, or he verbally provokes her in some manner or another.

Would you be decrying with such vigor any other character who shares the similar behavior? Almost every female cast of an ecchi series has the violent overreaction character type. Hell, pretty much every Kugimiya Rie character shares that sort of behavior. Akane Tendo, Narusegewa, it has been going on for decades. I find Inami's version particularly amusing (moreso than the standard megaton punch character) because due to her job it is such a hilarious handicap. It is a miracle she still has a job, and that contributes to the humor.

animus
Mon, 04-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Maybe you and Japan's audience finds it endearing and funny, but I'm with Yuki in that her character is so ridiculous her punchline (heh) got old really quickly. I don't have have a problem with tsundere characters punching someone after a “Kyaaaa!” moment because that's usually just one facet of their character. However, Inami's sole characterisation is her deathly fear of men and need to lay hooks and gut shots into them. She's not apologetic about it either. The only recompense she's even made is along the lines of "I know I shouldn't be like this."

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-26-2010, 05:51 PM
I don't have have a problem with tsundere characters punching someone after a “Kyaaaa!” moment because that's usually just one facet of their character. However, Inami's sole characterisation is her deathly fear of men and need to lay hooks and gut shots into them.I'm sorry, I don't really see the difference in a "Kyaa" reaction punch and Inami's behavior. If you want to argue that Inami's kind of violence is wrong, it doesn't really fit, since they're the same. The other is almost always a misunderstanding. Inami gets startled by a man, she decks him.

If one is acceptable, why exactly is Inami an exception?

She's not apologetic about it either. The only recompense she's even made is along the lines of "I know I shouldn't be like this."
She apologizes quite a bit actually.

By the way, episode 4 is out.

[FFFpeeps] Working!! - 04[480p] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=126880)
[FFFpeepsremuxed] Working!! - 04 [720p] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=126913)

Yukimura
Mon, 04-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Not that it has anything to do with this issue but I have, on multiple occasions, mentioned my general dislike for the character trait of female characters repeatedly responding to non-threatening stimuli from characters, particularly male characters, with fierce aggressive action. I may not have articulated the fact that the implicit acceptance of this behavior as acceptable by the other cast members is a part of the irritation. If it only happens once or twice I can generally laugh it off as a joke, but when it is portrayed as an integral to the personality of the character it stops being entertaining to me and starts being irritating unless there is an effort made in the narrative to show that this behavior is unacceptable or at least has negative consequences.

EDIT: My irritation is directly proportional to the perceived 'realism' of the setting in which the behavior is taking place. I can pretty much see Working!! happening in real life if you get enough mentally troubled people together in one place.

Ryllharu
Mon, 04-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Upon watching episode 4, I take back some of what I said Yuki.

But Souma totally got what was coming to him.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-26-2010, 07:28 PM
While I hate Inami and nonsensical tsundere physical violence in general, I found some of the punch gags in this episode quite funny, like when when she explained how she was just hiding embarrassment in her last punch.

I also really enjoyed how she beat the shit out of Souma. I hate characters like Souma. I just feel that it is so easy to beat him at his own game yet no one seems to try.

The chef (Satou?) is easily one of my favorite characters in this show, because he is quite normal and is generally a nice guy. It is odd to say that it is refreshing, but against the backdrop of the other characters, it really is. I guess that is the appeal of Working! anyway.

animus
Mon, 04-26-2010, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry, I don't really see the difference in a "Kyaa" reaction punch and Inami's behavior. If you want to argue that Inami's kind of violence is wrong, it doesn't really fit, since they're the same. The other is almost always a misunderstanding. Inami gets startled by a man, she decks him.

If one is acceptable, why exactly is Inami an exception?

She apologizes quite a bit actually.

By the way, episode 4 is out.

[FFFpeeps] Working!! - 04[480p] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=126880)
[FFFpeepsremuxed] Working!! - 04 [720p] (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=126913)

The difference being that it happens in moderation, whereas with Inami, that's all there is to her character. I didn't say it's necessarily wrong comparitively speaking, just that it's irritating because at least for me she wore out nearly all her "Oh she hit him, lol." reactions.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-28-2010, 06:27 AM
I'm just waiting to see when Inami would stop hitting Takanashi, so he'd be the only one to ever be excepted.

I enjoyed seeing the sisters. Not so much the drunk one, but the novelist and lawyer were pretty entertaining to watch. The lawyer in particular got me cracking with her Are you infringing my rights? and That's slander if you were heard in public, all while hurling her book at her brother. Hopefully we won't see too much of her to keep it all fresh though, unlike Inami's case.

And what was with:

1) Souma (seemingly indirectly) giving chocolates to Satou, and
2) Souma blushing while peeking at Satou in the staff-room?

BL??

Ryllharu
Wed, 04-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Souma was messing with Satou. He knows that Satou likes Yachiyo, and rubs it in Satou's face constantly. Souma knows that the embarrassment will double if Satou is given both of Yachiyo's chocolates. The thought of what will happen makes him blush because he is a weirdo, not because he is attracted to Satou.

As for the sisters, I preferred the opposite set. The drunk sister is great from all the teasing and poor behavior, and the youngest sister is 5'5" and 12 years old!! No wonder that Takanashi's reference frame for children's ages is 12. His sister hasn't "transitioned" over to evil like he views his other sisters. She doesn't set off his minicon fetish though because she's already gotten so tall.

I thought the other two were pretty boring. It felt like the creators weren't sure what to do with a writer and a lawyer character, so they just said, "we'll just make them as [WRITER] and [LAWYER] as possible." It felt like they had no personality in comparison to the other two. Granted, we saw a lot more of the drunk sister and the younger sister than we did the lawyer and writer, so things could change.

I did wonder why he was so afraid of getting hit in the face with a book when he's been thoroughly beaten, and particularly in the face, by Inami for weeks.

Yukimura
Thu, 04-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Takanashi hasn't ever shown any indication that he enjoys being physically (or emotionally) abused, though we haven't seen him assaulted by a loli if my memory serves me. Whether it's a book from his sister or a fist from Inami they still appear to cause him pain which he would probably rather avoid if possible. I can buy him being so obsessed with the loliform that he'd suffer through Inami's psychosis in silence and keep working at the restaurant but at home he has less incentive to not resist abuse.

The lawyer sister kind of disappointed me as she started out seeming like a stickler for the rules type when she threatened Takanashi for slander but then went and committed assault and battery which drew a laugh but ruined her credibility as a rule worshiper. Now I have her marked her as uptight and bitter about being christmas cake with selective interpretation of the law as her preferred instrument of her imposing her bitterness on others.

I didn't see anything in the first sister that didn't fit the stereotypical [DRUNK SKANK] archetype to round out the [SOCIALLY INEPT AUTHOR] and [SERIOUS BITTER CHRISTMAS CAKE PROFESSIONAL] archetypes of the other two. I'm generally a fan of drunken, whorish characters even when they are abusive bitches and this one provided a pretty standard schtick of embarrassing the hell out of a friend or family member in front of their peers. As a bonus she provided an opportunity for Inami to fail a test of respectfulness. She could clearly see the sister tormenting Takanashi with something he didn't want shown and when it fell to the ground she made the choice to pick it up and look at it rather than just walking away and ignoring the situation (I'm not so cruel as to expect anyone to help a victim of a drunken sister attack). Good job Inami!

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Himatsubushi - Episode 05 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=128175)

animus
Mon, 05-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Man those subs had so many errors.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-04-2010, 07:20 AM
Man those subs had so many errors.

Yeah. I thought they would be better than that. (and from memory, I thought they WERE better.. ).

Leaving "mobiles" (keitai) untranslated makes no sense.

As for the episode, nothing much interested me. I wish Inami didn't get so much focus. It just gets boring that way.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 05-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Well, they are named "Himatsubushi" which means "using up free time"...

TheBladeChild
Tue, 05-11-2010, 04:50 AM
Episode 6(Himatsubushi)

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=129587

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-11-2010, 09:07 AM
It was a much more interesting episode with a change of location and character focus. Even the scenes featuring Inami were better since she doesn't hit someone Souta in a flustered way every 2 minutes.

After this episode I still like watching Izumi the best, but Kozue's appeal is slowly rising since we got to look a bit past her drunken exterior. Despite all that though, Izumi's softly spoken, tired self is just fun to watch.

Kazue having divoiced was both a surprise that should be expected. I can't imagine her with a man at all. At least, not one who'd have some sort of ruling personality. Guess all that "legal rights" stuff was a one-off thing too, but it could always be that she reserves that card for self defense only.

And the Magic Hand? Where do I start? It was just awesome XD

Dark Dragon
Wed, 05-12-2010, 06:01 AM
This episode was great.

"I'm sorry i always rape him"

I can imagine it being hilarious if Souta relationship with Inami from now on always involve the magic hand. Inami is definitely more likable when she's not decking people 24/7.

I like that Nazuna has total control over the others.

animus
Thu, 05-13-2010, 03:45 PM
The episode wasn't particularly funny or anything but I really enjoyed it.

I really liked Kozue, despite her falling under the drunk slut archetype, I just find her very endearing. I liked Izumi, too. She's just too cute for a gloomy character.

To be honest the Takanashi family is more interesting than the Working! crew at this point which might be remedied by the new character ala the preview. I wouldn't mind watching a Slice-of-life dedicated to the family alone.

Ryllharu
Thu, 05-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah, the Takanashi family is one of the better parts of the series. I was very amused by Izumi not actually standing, or Kazue and Izumi's various exchanges (either about being weak or being divorced and scary). Nazuna being the Queen of the house was great too. Like animus, I also find Kozue endearing. She's a drunk, but Souta is still her one and only little brother. She dotes on him to a point, and depends on him a great deal as well. Her getting upset enough to smash his door but the be dissuaded by the bunny she bought him was cute.

I also found a strange allure to the relationship between Takanashi and Inami. The rape line was really funny, but the whole interplay with the Magic Hand is rather interesting. He uses it to keep himself safe from harm, and Inami in turn is both pleased and really annoyed at it. She is even more embarrassed that she has to hold 'hands' with a plastic grabber. It jabs right at her frustration that she can't get over her androphobia and has to rely on a plastic device to get close to anyone. On the other hand, it shows that Takanashi is putting forth a great level of effort to stay on good terms with her and not have to avoid her. That has to piss her off at least a little, if not incite her guilt.

He's also probably the only man to ever know her well enough to give her a gift. She was super embarrassed, but wears them anyway. She might be unrealistically violent, but in the end, she is just really really really really shy.

edit: I must have watched Izumi crawling away in fear from Kazue a dozen times.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 05-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Episode 7(Himatsubushi):

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=131042

Buffalobiian
Wed, 05-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Hah, even Otoo seems to know he's too nice for his own good, but can't do anything about it.

Love it how Popura's Satou's anger indicator. The completely took it out on her this time.

animus
Sun, 05-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Working Episode 8 - Himatsubushi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=132577)

What a bait and switch. I am disappoint.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-24-2010, 04:25 AM
Working Episode 8 - Himatsubushi (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=132577)

What a bait and switch. I am disappoint.

All we got were feet. :(

Buffalobiian
Sun, 05-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Himatsubushi - Episode 09 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=134223)

animus
Sun, 05-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Pretty awesome episode for the 1st half. Hearing Fukuyama Jun trying to do the girly voices gave me the creeps.

Anyways, next episode is starring Nazuna. Too bad it's not another Takanashi Household episode, but it'll have to do. I'm guessing there aren't gonna be any more of those, unfortunately. I read some of the scans of the 4koma manga and the sisters get more development there.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 05-31-2010, 06:30 AM
That's some pretty twisted parenting there. I was aching for Takanashi to say something, and I think he got let off a bit too easily.

When "Dad" first commented that Takanashi was a girl, he seemed like such the overprotective type that he'd "test" him out. He still kinda did, but not physically.

Damn Yamada for not having a black wig. I thought Takanashi was pretty smoking hot with this lighting + glasses:

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9834/working0938.jpg

I'm actually not that convinced that it's him, but I can't think of who else that person could be. (how does pink + orange = purple/black?)

Ryllharu
Mon, 05-31-2010, 07:10 AM
I thought Takanashi was pretty smoking hot with this lighting + glasses:
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9834/working0938.jpg
I'm actually not that convinced that it's him, but I can't think of who else that person could be. (how does pink + orange = purple/black?)
It's not. That is the other worker listed as Matsumoto Maya. She doesn't have a seiyuu because she never has any lines. You can usually see her in the background in a lot of episodes.

Little Inami was really cute though. "You were raising me just to rape me?" was priceless.

This episode turned Inami from some irrational violent psychopath into a victim of truly horrible parenting. The weights in all of her belongings giving her her berserker strength, and the 10 years of effort that went into it from the various gifts given slips into the disturbing territory. I imagined him sending her feminist exploitation movies from the 70s.

Ootsuka Houchuu (Jiraiya, kitten raper from FMP, etc) was a treat as her father.

Since Popura doesn't express any interest in Takanashi, I guess it is fitting that they are starting to push Takanashi and Inami together. He's really gone a long way now in helping her out, now going as traumatizing himself again crossdressing, and frequently interacting with her via the claw. He's probably one of the only men that can actually touch her without her freaking out. Here, he even grabbed her and covered her mouth!

We can only hope that his sister Kozue doesn't find out he was crossdressing again. She would surely get all excited (while drunk) and squeal with joy all over the place. I'm sure that a number of the girls and especially Souma have a bunch of pictures of "Kotori" now.

Looking forward to more Nazuna. She's sure to figure out that Inami is now in love with him.

EDIT:

I forgot to note that one of the more amusing parts was that Yachiyo certainly saw "Kotori" first, but only had a shocked expression when Kyouko spat out part of her parfait.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-08-2010, 08:54 PM
[Nipponsei] Working!! Original Soundtrack Vol.1.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Working!!%20Original%20Soundtrac k%20Vol.1.zip.torrent)

I gave Saitei subs a try, and I don't recommend them.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Chihiro - Episode 10 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=137100)
Himatsubushi - Episode 11 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=137127)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-21-2010, 08:13 PM
FFFpeeps - Episode 12 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=138670)

----------------------

I was 100% sure Popura would ask for Takanashi to cross-dress. In any case, I found out first hand how much it hurts to get hit in the face today (hook to the chin), and it wasn't even serious (random, muck-around-flypunch). It came from my left, and my left jaw muscles have been sore all day....

It's a wonder Takanashi isn't dead.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 06-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Himatsubushi - Episode 13 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=140047)

-------------------------------------------

And so it finishes (for now).

Not much to say about this series, as the above discussion (or lack thereof) shows. Towards the middle I pretty much got used to the humour (thanks to such strange staff), and was rather ticked off with Inami's abuse until around the time we learned that she likes him/it's not her fault - I can't remember which.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-28-2010, 09:36 AM
I think this is one of the best shows this season. It doesn't strike up discussion since it is a slice of life show, but it was solid in all aspects. Even Inami who I hated with a passion slowly developed and in the process grew on me quite a bit.

This show doesn't (usually) make you laugh out loud, mainly because it doesn't try to. It is a relaxing way to have some chuckles and a lot of fun. All the episodes were enjoyable, and aside from Inami's first impression, I can't think of anything negative to say, which is quite rare.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-30-2011, 05:43 AM
We're on the fifth episode of season 2, and there are no posts yet.

But I'm not really surprised. Why? Because Working isn't as good as it was last season. There are two reasons is one reason for this.

1) Yamada. She's a horrible character. Apparently the author or the staff on the anime really like her, because since she was introduced last season, she never gets less than 7 minutes of screen time per episode. None of it deserved. She's not funny. Her most significant change the entire time she's been around is that now she wants to get adopted. She isn't entertaining. All of her scenes are of her whining about how lazy she should be allowed to be. She does less than Kyouko does! There's nothing more to her character. She has none of the quirks or range of emotions the other characters have. Yamada is a one-dimensional character, a running gag that isn't funny to begin with.

There hasn't been enough of anyone else, because they've been displaced by Yamada. Inami has had less than 4 minutes per episode this season, and only one short scene was actually about her. She's a major character, reduced to being there simply to say someone's name at the end of the scene. Has she even punched anyone more than the one time? They still haven't bothered to introduce the "normal" girl, though maybe that is intentional. Even Takanashi and Taneshima get reduced interaction time because Yamada always butts in.

In fact, her only good scene this season was Nazuna messing with her. If this series was focused on the Takanashi sisters, it would be a substantially better series. But it isn't. It's apparently about Yamada. Ugh.

Kraco
Sun, 10-30-2011, 06:43 AM
I'm watching this but there seriously isn't anything to talk about in it. Perhaps now less than ever since, like you said, it's been so much about Yamada and she drives the show absolutely nowhere being completely static. However, I don't hate her as much as you probably do. I still find this a funny series.