PDA

View Full Version : Game: Mass Effect 2

Penner
Fri, 03-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Figured i'd make one of these instead of hijacking the What game are you playing thread all the time, plus this game is so good it deserves its own thread ^^

Currently over halfway through my second save (the one im going to import to ME3) and im going for pretty much full Paragon hero status :rolleyes:

My first playthrough i was Infiltrator, this time i went Adept, and i bumped the difficulty up to Hardcore... and its WAY more fun that infiltrator was, and its just as easy aswell despite the higher difficulty.. it's just awesome ;D

animus
Sat, 03-06-2010, 11:28 AM
I hear Adept's have a hard time on Insanity runs because by and large powers become pretty obsolete. That's what I hear at least.

KrayZ33
Sat, 03-06-2010, 04:08 PM
the most important things on insanity are armor-dmg skills

like incinerate or fire-ammo

thats why the Adepts seem pretty weak and have to rely heavily on their teammates
they can't use most of their biotic skills because of armor/shield/barriers
the only usefull skill is Warp which is really good
together with singularity its even better, because u can make the sphere explode from what I've heard, which deals a large sum of dmg, however I'm not sure if singularity effects protected enemies.

and *all* enemies have protection on insanity even husks if i remember correctly

Infiltrators/Soldiers are god-tier
the next thing would be Sentinel (warp is extremely strong...double dmg against armor and barriers -> 400dmg max)
on the same level with Engineer (Incinerate does ~500 dmg on armor...however, infiltrators got it too but they got tech-armor)

extremely strong teammates for insanity are (against organics)

Zaeed (his inferno grenede does dmg on impact, which isn't shown in the tooltip and is also good for multiple enemys because it splitts into 5 (or 6) fragments...

again, the fire deals 2,4 times dmg on armor.

Mordin (Incinerate + SMG + ur squad-fire-ammo = win)

Miranda (Warp + SMG + ur Squad fire ammo + group dmg+health buff = win)

Collectors have Barriers but the barrier is pretty weak, nearly every skill burns through it instantly
and the Harbringer has Barriers + Armor only (no health) which is why Fire-based "spells", Warp and squad-fire-ammo is so effective)

and since normal Collectors are organics, they will scream in fear when their bodies start to get on fire (they won't shoot back)

another reason why soldiers are god-tier is because they can take an extra power like geth-shield-boost, which increases dmg and shields, without loosing dmg

other classes have to take something like Warp ammo for themselves
or Armor Piercing Ammo for their squad (the Engineer got Tech-Armor so they won't have problems and can easily choose a random Ammo Power... and the drone distracts enemies well enough for them to do some dmg)

darkshadow
Tue, 03-09-2010, 02:05 PM
"All new free ME2 DLC for Cerberus network members! Get your hands on a new Heavy weapon, the Arc Projector and electrify your enemies and those who stand with them. Get it now through the Cerberus Network."