PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 576

Marik
Wed, 03-03-2010, 05:08 PM
mangastream / binktopia

Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/576-65/2) | Download (http://static.mangastream.com/download/OnePiece_576.zip)

Archangel
Wed, 03-03-2010, 05:32 PM
I shed manly tears

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-03-2010, 05:33 PM
the final panel is really nice.

although, when you think about all the times luffy and co. have been shot at (bullets and cannon balls), it looses some of the effect.

Splash!
Wed, 03-03-2010, 05:37 PM
So getting the prisoners out of Impel Down was Blackbeard's only purpose. Thats makes sense as it seemed far beyond Blackbeard to have contrived this whole incident. Both Ace AND Whitebeard, eh? This incident has definitely lived up to the hype.....

Marik
Wed, 03-03-2010, 05:37 PM
I shed manly tears
Indeed.

What an epic way to go out though.

With half a face he continued to mow down enemies.
Slash and stabbed 267 times.
Hit with no less than 562 bullets,
Hit with 46 cannonballs.
Not a wound of a retreat scars his back.

It was a fitting end to the life of such a badass.

I love the way the picture on the right side of last page was done. The way the light is shining on him and everything, makes it look like some sort of monument or statue.

LobsterMagnet
Wed, 03-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Wow great chapter, huge pay off after years and years of build-up. Just about confirms that one piece is linked to the will of D as well as the old world history.

I've heard that in the manga volume 0 there was a quote from oda that said enjoy the 10th movie again and again because it's the last time you'll be seeing Luffy as a 17-year-old.

My guess is that we're getting a big old time jump very soon. Who knows maybe the remnants of the white beard pirates will train luffy and give him another power-up.

Love it how blackbeard has effectively become the anti-luffy with his evil pirate crew. Something tells me that the final arc of the series will be the straw hats fighting against Blackbeards pirate crew over one piece.

rockmanj
Wed, 03-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Interesting that he could have had the one piece, but it apparently is meant to be for a "D" (that is what I picked up anyway).

joker-kun
Wed, 03-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Is that translation trustworthy? Cause according to that, it's confirmed that D is a bloodline.

Carnage
Wed, 03-03-2010, 05:51 PM
Where is next fucking chapter.

Death13a
Wed, 03-03-2010, 05:54 PM
EPICNESSSS What a way to die and what a way to drop a bomb on WG by reigniting pirate's spirit to set out to the world again. Blackbeard isn't as strong as everyone claims him to be.

Kensee
Wed, 03-03-2010, 05:57 PM

although, when you think about all the times luffy and co. have been shot at (bullets and cannon balls), it looses some of the effect.

This! I loved how he was portrayed in that last panel, he seemed like a statue. I don't see Blackbeard as a MAJOR/FINAL enemy because he has major weakness. You can see his negative qualities and how easily he's shocked at Whitebeard's strength. I don't know, just doesn't seem to match up to what I would consider to be a main antagonist.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I felt a chill run through my body as WhiteBeard declared One Piece exists.

Epic win.

Was Joker's theory from last chapter on the spot?

Dark Dragon
Wed, 03-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I propose that we no longer use the word "badass". From now on everything that depict awesomeness will simply be seen as "Whitebeard".

Anyhow, the chapter also officially confirmed that D is a bloodline for the first time if i'm not mistaken.

Death13a
Wed, 03-03-2010, 06:22 PM
I propose that we no longer use the word "badass". From now on everything that depict awesomeness will simply be seen as "Whitebeard".
+1

Anyhow, the chapter also officially confirmed that D is a bloodline for the first time if i'm not mistaken.

It must have being tough giving birth to giant (from Robin's flashback) , so i am not sure it just simply bloodline.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 03-03-2010, 06:29 PM
two options.
A. Saul isn't a true D. maybe he's like blackbeard, a fake D?
B. D isn't a family line as it's a clan name, maybe people who came from the land of lost history are D. so they don't necessary come from a single family, but from a single place (D as a nationality).

it's funny how nobody posted at the Naruto topic since One Piece came out.

Archangel
Wed, 03-03-2010, 06:43 PM
two options.
A. Saul isn't a true D. maybe he's like blackbeard, a fake D

Saul not only smiled, he laughed has death came. He was a true man of D

Carnage
Wed, 03-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Who is Saul again?

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Who is Saul again?

Dereshishishi

TwisT
Wed, 03-03-2010, 08:31 PM
The giant from Robin's flashback that gave his life to save her.

This was pure epicness.

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 03-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Why can other chapters be this "Whitebeard"?

Munsu
Thu, 03-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Excellent.

rockmanj
Thu, 03-04-2010, 10:51 AM

Well, nobody has lost half their freaking head and still lived to fight. He was truly a men among men. and It wasn't just that he was shot at, it was that he was hit that many times. And he doesn't have the benefit of being a rubber man like Luffy. In fact, when most of the other strw hats take serious damage (like Zoro); well, it is pretty serious.

Assertn
Thu, 03-04-2010, 11:45 AM
I whitebearded in my pants a little

Archangel
Thu, 03-04-2010, 12:03 PM
I whitebearded in my pants a little

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss125/lavale_bucket/zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

DeathscytheVII
Sat, 03-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Something tells me that the final arc of the series will be the straw hats fighting against Blackbeards pirate crew over one piece.

Not sure, considering how easily Blackbeard's been taken down by other characters like Whitebeard and Megallen. I keep thinking in the back of my mind that Luffy will face off against Shanks or Dragon (Now possibly the only whitebeard-level fighters out there (?)) Must be the whole 'old sensei/mentor' turning evil thing, but then again, Oda has shown that he is no cliche writer. It could be anything really, esp. if there is a time jump.

I think Luffy's last fight in the series should be Koby (not as an end boss, but as a sort of full circle kind of ending where they swore they would face each other as the world's greatest pirate and marine admiral.)

Rekeco
Wed, 03-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Not sure, considering how easily Blackbeard's been taken down by other characters like Whitebeard and Megallen. I keep thinking in the back of my mind that Luffy will face off against Shanks or Dragon (Now possibly the only whitebeard-level fighters out there (?)) Must be the whole 'old sensei/mentor' turning evil thing, but then again, Oda has shown that he is no cliche writer. It could be anything really, esp. if there is a time jump.

I think Luffy's last fight in the series should be Koby (not as an end boss, but as a sort of full circle kind of ending where they swore they would face each other as the world's greatest pirate and marine admiral.)

Kind of like a Rocky vs Apollo friendly match at the end of Rocky 2 or 3? That would be interesting, I'm still banking on the idea that Luffy is going to die or be executed at the end of the entire story but go down with a smile, laughing about how he left everything in one piece. Thus starting a new pirate age.

Full circle.