PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 149

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-27-2010, 10:33 AM
HorribleSubs - SD (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=115920) | HD (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=115897)

--------------------------------
-Played catchup from 145. It'd definitely different from regular (ie crap) filler, like mentioned before. I think it's the first time that the whole Masters thing has come up in filler, as opposed to the thousand and one pseudo-jinjurikis (well, this on kind of is), or weird star-village or curry-eating arcs.

Good characters also contribute greatly to making fillers good (and also why some just fail). Your "whiny girl/guy" character here isn't extreme, and also isn't being whiny for no/stupid reason. Reviving her clan is a fair enough one.

The "cool guy" here also isn't being a complete asshole, and again, not without reason. He's got his own issues to deal with. Both of these tie in together with Naruto himself under the whole "Master" theme, so it's not like Naruto's butting into other people's issues because they've got nothing to do with him neither.

The "flatness" of the Boss guy's face reminds me of the watery guy in the rubber suit from the 3-tails arc.

At first I thought Sai's ink would have interfered with Boss's word control since that looked like ink as well.

The Wood-Style jutsu is still as versatile as ever.

Pandadice
Sat, 02-27-2010, 05:59 PM
So I'm genuinely torn on this episode. On the one hand, this was a pretty solid, entertaining Naruto episode. I actually wasn't bored during it, and though there were more than a few times I was going "What? Seriously?" at things that happened, it still came together nicely.

On the other hand. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PAIN DOG?!? They can't just end one ep with the introduction of something awesome, then just completely ignore that in the next one! I'm so pissed that they didn't show the Pain dog at all! ):<

antiravage
Sun, 02-28-2010, 04:25 PM
This filler isn't that bad, but I want it to end, I can't help it. The interest isn't the same.

redcat
Sun, 02-28-2010, 04:55 PM
compared to the bleach fillers going on right now I consider the naruto anime very fortunate

Jessper
Sun, 02-28-2010, 09:27 PM
The difference of course is that Bleach HAD to do fillers or deviate from the main storyline.

Azonalanthious
Mon, 03-01-2010, 10:25 PM
On one hand, I'm not overly fond of filler. But at the same time I think it sometimes gets a worse rap then it deserves. I would be interested in taking someone who had never seen the show or read the manga and having them watch the series from start to present without reading things like this board - I suspect there are a number of filler episodes they wouldn't recognize as filler, including this arch and the 3 tails arch.

Pandadice
Mon, 03-01-2010, 10:54 PM
I dunno dude. I mean, yeah I gotta agree that filler gets treated a lot worse than it usually actually is. But when there is a literal Team Rocket star finish used to conclude a Naruto fight, there is just something wrong with that.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 03-02-2010, 06:13 AM
On one hand, I'm not overly fond of filler. But at the same time I think it sometimes gets a worse rap then it deserves. I would be interested in taking someone who had never seen the show or read the manga and having them watch the series from start to present without reading things like this board - I suspect there are a number of filler episodes they wouldn't recognize as filler, including this arch and the 3 tails arch.

Well, I watched all the pre-shippuuden episodes over 3 months (so didn't have the issue of "sitting through weeks of nondevelopment"), and during that time I didn't read this forum neither. Some of the old filler was quite terrible and pointless. I can't remember any decent ones, but I'm sure there were a small handful.

3-tails arc would be something on the lower rung. Yuki-kid killed it. 3-tails was as redundant as any toughness=9000 boss-fight was.

It's the characters and plot that make fillers recognisable. Well-done fillers with new characters are still usually recognisable, but differ by having good characters and plot.
An exception is where a show is very new-character-of-the-week-esque, lacks coherency between each episode, and is rather mediocre. In that case, it may be difficult to differenciate between filler and poor canon material.

Azonalanthious
Tue, 03-02-2010, 09:39 PM
It's the characters and plot that make fillers recognisable. Well-done fillers with new characters are still usually recognisable, but differ by having good characters and plot. An exception is where a show is very new-character-of-the-week-esque, lacks coherency between each episode, and is rather mediocre. In that case, it may be difficult to differenciate between filler and poor canon material.

Valid points, but at the same time, you have popular characters like Gaara who we haven't seen in what, over a 100 episodes? While Naruto isn't quite character of the week show, there are characters that are introduced, given backstories, develop a fan base, then vanish into minor roles or oblivion - I don't know that most folks would be able to tell the difference between these as cannon characters and filler characters.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-03-2010, 07:26 AM
For me, a filler arc is recognizable by the fact that Naruto gets sent on an actual mission instead of just chasing after Sasuke.

Everyone knows canon Naruto doesn't do missions anymore. :p

kmkze04
Fri, 03-05-2010, 01:55 AM
Yeah don't watch 150. It made me embarrassed to watch it for how badly it sucked.