PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Kick-Ass

UChessmaster
Wed, 02-24-2010, 08:56 PM
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/439/kickassfilmposter.jpg (http://img251.imageshack.us/i/kickassfilmposter.jpg/)

Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zLsdBEsr90)

Synopsis: Dave Lizewski is an unnoticed high school student and comic book fan who one day decides to become a super-hero, even though he has no powers, training or meaningful reason to do so.

After finally reading volume one (last issue came out two days ago or so) i can say that i`m quite excited about this movie.

For non comic book readers, if this movie is like the comic then we can expect a lot of violence, the story itself is like a more light headed "The Watchmen".

Animeniax
Wed, 02-24-2010, 10:10 PM
This movie could be a feel good geek story, until the good guys get their asses kicked and brought back to reality. Or it could be one long D&D session.

Munsu
Thu, 02-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Kick-Ass looks extremely awesome to me. I've been watching some of these trailers non-stop for a while now. Very excited about the movie. Here are some other trailers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrKHu2UX1vA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZo3Qt5XuTI

Sapphire
Thu, 02-25-2010, 11:31 AM
I so have to see this.

Penner
Fri, 02-26-2010, 03:49 AM
Ya the trailers look badass, how awesome is hitgirl? ;D

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 03-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Ya the trailers look badass, how awesome is hitgirl? ;D

I was thinking the same thing. I saw this on Attack of the Show, trailer looks sweet.

itadakimasu
Sat, 04-17-2010, 07:41 PM
I just saw it.

It was bad ass! I like the fact that I don't really think they gave up too much in the trailer... I think somebody could go into it almost expecting it to be a really light hearted movie for teens but it gets pretty graphic in some scenes.

I thought Nicholas Cage was pretty funny... he developed a quirky charactor :)

GLHF

itadakimasu
Tue, 04-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Anybody else see it?

Yukimura
Tue, 04-20-2010, 01:07 PM
I saw it, i thought it was awesome overall. Parts of it were kinda hard to watch though even though they did try to weave some humor into the more morbid scenes to take the edge off.

One of my friends made a good point that the girl who played Hit Girl could probably pull off a live action Asuka in a few years if they ever make a Westernized Evangelion movie.

itadakimasu
Tue, 04-20-2010, 10:16 PM
I found it sort of funny how so many people were laughing amidst the goriest of scenes. Usually laughter and people getting cut up or shot in the face don't mix.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 04-21-2010, 12:07 AM
This movie was fucking amazing. I loved it.

Hit Girl is the best character I have seen in a movie in a long time.

Testarossa Autodrive
Wed, 04-21-2010, 01:37 AM
I found it sort of funny how so many people were laughing amidst the goriest of scenes. Usually laughter and people getting cut up or shot in the face don't mix.

That and the saddest. I won't ruin it, but this happened in the theater I went to as well. I gotta say that, while not the best comic book movie, it was good enough to entertain me to the point where I could genuinely feel something for the characters. Then, to hear people laughing during this one scene was like...wow. *shrug*

6Zabuza9
Wed, 04-21-2010, 05:18 AM
the movie had a good choice of music

Raven
Wed, 04-21-2010, 07:18 AM
It wasn't really what I was expecting... I guess I expected slapstick style humor, possibly in the style of the "not another" parody movies. It was really more of a black comedy that doesn't really pull any punches (no pun intended) and I was pleasantly surprised.

rockmanj
Tue, 05-11-2010, 09:31 AM
I just saw it. I thought it was pretty good, stayed faithful to the sorce material and had some great artwork by John Romita Jr. And I liked the contrats int he final fight scene. It was just so bizarre.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 05-14-2010, 08:43 PM
I just downloaded Kick-Ass last night. I was a big fan of the comic. This movie had its ups and downs. I liked the violence even though the movie wasn't as violent as the comic.

Spoiler
The Jetpack with machine guns was fucking stupid. I hated that part.

Animeniax
Sat, 08-21-2010, 06:51 PM
I just saw this movie. It was entertaining but disappointing after all the hype. I'm sure it was purposefully absurd, but I had a hard time viewing it like a regular superhero movie since they were all about how it was real life with real people. Unfortunately they follow up by adding ridiculous and impossible elements which in turn make it hard to like the main character and accept that he's just some dumb kid playing at being a superhero.

The saving graces are the two gorgeous girls they threw in for eye candy and titillation, and Hit Girl was cool.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 08-21-2010, 11:53 PM
I saw last week on Blu-Ray. Music rocked, probably the highlight of the movie. :)

Aside from that, the reason parents were pissed about this movie was Hit Girl was too sexy? Ok... Did not see any of that in the movie. Her attitude owned though when she killed lol.

Super Heroes who kill, can't get much better than that. In the beginning he was saving one guy and not killing, but by the end, he kills the main bad guy with a Bazooka, total ownage. Taken all the bad guy elements and gave them to the good guys, the way a Super hero should be. IN my opinion anyway,

Looking forward to Kick-Ass 2. I hope they keep the same rock music for the fight scenes.

Animeniax
Sun, 08-22-2010, 12:28 AM
I saw last week on Blu-Ray. Music rocked, probably the highlight of the movie. :)

Aside from that, the reason parents were pissed about this movie was Hit Girl was too sexy? Ok... Did not see any of that in the movie. Her attitude owned though when she killed lol.

Super Heroes who kill, can't get much better than that. In the beginning he was saving one guy and not killing, but by the end, he kills the main bad guy with a Bazooka, total ownage. Taken all the bad guy elements and gave them to the good guys, the way a Super hero should be. IN my opinion anyway,

Looking forward to Kick-Ass 2. I hope they keep the same rock music for the fight scenes.

That's my kind of hero too, but unfortunately that behavior makes them only slightly more heroic than the guys they are stopping. When fighting evil, you have to be careful not to be evil yourself. It's one of the drawbacks of being a hero.

I thought the sex scene behind the coffee shop was enjoyable but a bit much for kids who might be watching the movie. I didn't see sexiness in Hit Girl, though some scenes were over the top like when the boss guy is beating on her. Some sexual undertones but nothing overt.

The music was good and very appropriate for the movie.

UChessmaster
Sun, 08-22-2010, 01:29 PM
I beleive the parents complained because she`s too young to be cursing and killing.

Sapphire
Sat, 06-15-2013, 09:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7UMbwxbgv8U

Shadow Skill
Sun, 06-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Finally, been waiting for this movie for 3 years or more lol.

WTF, Kick-ass bulked up?

Sapphire
Sun, 06-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Were you as shocked as I was to see that that guy is Jim Carrey?

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-16-2013, 11:22 PM
Yes and Yes.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 06-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Can't wait for the second one to come out. First one was kick-ass! ;)

Sapphire
Mon, 07-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Jim Carrey totally disavows this movie now, guys.

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/06/25/jim-carrey-distances-himself-from-kick-ass-2-a-new-kind-of-actor-protest/

Animeniax
Mon, 07-01-2013, 01:19 PM
It's mostly cartoon violence, though Kick-Ass got his ass kicked pretty bad in the first movie and there was a lot of gun violence. I think it's pretty awesome that a Hollywood star would speak out against his own movie and its content, though because he's doing this it may actually bring notoriety and therefore greater ticket sales for the movie.