PDA

View Full Version : gg's Gonna Cease to Exist

Pandadice
Fri, 02-19-2010, 05:36 AM
hey, didn't really know if this deserved it's own thread or not. anyways.

gg put out this announcement (http://loveisdongs.ath.cx/) with their release of Ookamikakushi ep 7. and I was just wondering what everyone thought.

I mean, I know no one here likes gg, and it looks like they might not be around next season. so I thought it was worth discussing ^^

you-person-who-quit's blog/response/reason: http://www.srsfkn.biz/2010/02/19/disconnection/

Sapphire
Fri, 02-19-2010, 08:06 AM
He quit to play AIon? That's hilarious. Well, at least they will finish subbing Baka to Test somehow. I love their interpretation of it.

Kraco
Fri, 02-19-2010, 09:15 AM
I actually liked gg and considered them a quality group until they purposefully ceased to QC and fucked up Kobato. At that point I lost my faith in them and haven't thus downloaded any of their releases for a whole season.

Archangel
Fri, 02-19-2010, 11:13 AM
I still find their liberal style of translation great for particular shows and their video quality is always fantastic

In short, unless Eclipse, frostii or another particularly good fansubbing group is working in a show gg will always be my choice. That is assuming they survive this.

RyougaZell
Fri, 02-19-2010, 12:14 PM
I was always annoyed that GG decided to leave selected commercials at the middle of the shows, but always ignored it due to good quality of subs. As Kraco, I got annoyed they began to stop QC several shows I was seeing. And they did drop others I was watching.

I haven't downloaded a single show of GG this season. Heck... that sounded as if I was admitting not drinking, lol.

So in all, if they are gone it doesn't matter to me anymore.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-19-2010, 04:03 PM
It happened before, they came back before, it will happen all over again sooner or later.

gg self-destructs, Water wet (Are your children protected?), New study reveals sky is blue, this and your 5-day weather at 11.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-19-2010, 07:47 PM
I always enjoyed watching gg, but I couldn't stand it when they started translating names as Given-name Surname rather than in the Japanese/phonetic order.

As for the dissolution of the QC department, they haven't been terrible, and I haven't noticed half the time.

I'm sure even if the current GG disbands and never comes back, they'll just join another fansub group.

I lolled when Aion even disconnects you from online friends. XD