PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime Spring 2010

Sapphire
Wed, 02-10-2010, 05:57 PM
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1731/spring2010cfexport.th.jpg (http://img51.imageshack.us/i/spring2010cfexport.jpg/)

Chart for upcoming anime

v2: http://chartfag.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/spring-2010-v2march.jpg

Ryllharu
Wed, 02-10-2010, 06:15 PM
This season looks promising.

Will Watch:
Night Raid - The second of the Anime Chikara projects (Sora no Woto being the first), about spies in 1931 Shanghai? Wouldn't miss it, especially as good as Sorawoto turned out to be.
Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - Big fan of the manga, cast looks great. Anyone who enjoyed Special A (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=5584) should watch this.
K-ON season 2 - I can't get enough Yui.
Ikkitousen - Xtreme Xecutor - With a title like that and the promise of more ecchi fighting, there is no way I'd miss this one.

Will try:
Angel Beats - Sounds interesting enough, and KEY is writing it.
Working! - Comedy slice of life in a family restaurant? Certainly worth a shot.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Sequels:

Ookiku Furikabutte Season 2 - This is probably the best baseball anime I have ever seen in terms of both realism, atmosphere, and art.I have been waiting for a sequel forever.
Major Season 6 - Not as good as it was before, but I have followed Goro's career far too long to stop now.
K-ON Season 2 - The latter part of season 1 was kind of weak, but a good dose of moe and some comedy is always welcome.
Darker than Black OAV - The first blew me and all of the bad memories of Gemini away.
Koihime Musou Season 3 - This show is generally mediocre ecchi, but the yuri loli Cao Cao is some gags are just too great to pass up.

New series:

Night raid - If this is anywhere as good as So-Ra-No-Wo-To, I am sold.
Iron Man - Just to see how this collaboration turns out.
Angel Beats - KEY = good drama
Black Rock Shooter - BRS character design is really cool, other than that, I don't know anything about it.

Marik
Wed, 02-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Hrmm, I'll check out

Angel Beats
Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou
Giant Killing
Ring ni Kakero 1 Shadow
B Gata H Kei
Kaichou wa Maid-sama
Mayoi Neko Overun!
Kiss x Sis
Ikkitousen: Xtreme Xecutor

shinta|hikari
Wed, 02-10-2010, 10:32 PM
It's funny how we only have 1 show in common, or did you omit sequels from your list?

animus
Wed, 02-10-2010, 10:46 PM
I guess for me

K-ON Season 2
Night Raid
Ookiku Furikabatte Season 2
Rainbow

Since it's a BONES series I want to try out Heroman, but the premise just sounds like something I'd cringe at.

Archangel
Wed, 02-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Nothing really pops up for me but from reading some of the descriptions i see real potential in all of this

For now i'll jog k-on! 2 in my list and i'll scout the rest as it comes along before making any judgments

Marik
Wed, 02-10-2010, 11:06 PM
It's funny how we only have 1 show in common, or did you omit sequels from your list?
I haven't seen Ookiku Furikabutte, Major, or Koihime Musou, so that's why those aren't on it. I lost interest in K-On towards the end, so I'm not sure if I'll watch it or not.

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Shit... if I hadn't seen K-ON a few weeks ago I wouldn't have anything to see.

Will only see:

K-ON 2
Black Rock Shooter... and this one isn't even a series... :(

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Watch Ookiku Furikabutte. Even if you don't like baseball, it should make you at the very least interested in it after the 1st season ends. Then we have the second season coming up, so that should fill up your watching schedule.

Pandadice
Thu, 02-11-2010, 01:16 AM
I guess Kurenai OVA is gonna be in the summer season.

Black Rock Shooter is an OVA? dang, I thought it was a TV series v_v. still gonna watch it. definitely looks awesome.

a lot of sports titles this season. <.<.

whoa.. I'm actually ready and willing to watch any of these shows that don't feature a bishoujo on the pic D:. After only seeing that this past season, it really is a breath of fresh air seeing other things ^^.

well, as for what I'll be watching:

Senko no Night Raid (hopefully they don't take after Canaan, and they leave out any supernatural elements)
Iron Man
Yojo-han Shinwa Taikei (director of Mind Game?! Must see D: )
Rainbow - Nisha Rokubo no Shichinin (hopefully it actually airs this time. I recall seeing this on a past chart, but it never aired <.<)
Angel Beats (yeah, it's Key. But it's not Tatsuya Ishihara. music should be good at least?)
Heroman
House of Five Leaves (come on Manglobe.. Blacksmith was beyond bad, but I still believe in you *?*)
B Gata H Kei (a virgin who dreams of becoming a slut?! Must watch D:!)
Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan (female shinsengumi? eh. still sounds interesting)
K-ON 2 (:D)
Mayoi Neko Overun (maybe.. maybe. there's looking to be enough actual good content that I probably won't want to waste time on an ecchi comedy romance.. but we'll see)
Kiss x Sis (YES!!)

I'm so glad that I don't feel like I have to watch Shin Koihime or Ikkitousen to watch their new seasons.. If I had been interested in less titles, then I'd feel like getting into those. but not right now.

Giant Killing's picture actually has me super interested. but.. it's a football series? O_o. no thanks :\

Arakawa under the Bridge genuinely looks interesting, but I think that's just my starved for anything none-bishoujo speaking :\

Might check out Haiyoru Nyaru-Ani and Residents of Ashiarayashiki. Maybe. might look into them.

is Ai no Kusabi light-yaoi? thats what it looks like.. But not quite as bad as Sex Pistols. So I'm thinking maybe on it? again, just need to look into it..

maybe Super Street Fighter and definitely Tales of Symphonia OVAs.

ROFL at new SD Gundam xD!

all in all, season definitely looks promising.

Illrenmazou
Thu, 02-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Here's the list with the other TV series, OVAs and Movies:
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7996/1265698282690.th.jpg (http://img38.imageshack.us/i/1265698282690.jpg/)

Will definitely watch:
Ironman
Gundam Unicorn
Break Blade/Broken Blade
Trigun
DIsappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
Shakugan no Shana S ep 2

May watch:
Heroman

Pandadice
Thu, 02-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Break Blade/Broken Blade
Trigun
DIsappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

is Break Blade getting a theatrical release? I dunno. It looks interesting though. Production I.G. + Xebec? I.G. = quality, Xebec = fanservice.. Break Blade = quality fanservice? O_o. it still looks cool.

and as for Trigun and Haruhi. we won't be seeing them for awhile. considering Trigun isn't even going to theaters until spring, we won't see that for a long time. However, with haruhi currently airing in theaters, then we will see that one sooner at least :\

Buffalobiian
Fri, 02-12-2010, 04:08 AM
Good chance:

Night Raid
Iron Man
Angel Beats
Working!
K-ON! S2
Kiss x Sis
BRS

Interested:

Kaichou wa Maid-sama
B Gata H Kei
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Saraiya Goyou

I can't be bothered listing the movies/OVAs, but it'll have DtB, Shana, Haruhi and some others (unless BRS is also an OVA).

masamuneehs
Fri, 02-12-2010, 07:47 AM
Absolutely:
Night Raid - just praying this is a serious spy series.
Rainbow - I swear, I thought this show was supposed to air a few seasons ago? I am almost positive I read about a prison series that sounded like this one months and months ago... (but it was never subbed, so maybe it's this after all)

Probably:
Iron Man - because, seriously, this could be the best thing that's happened to comic books in 20 years!
House of Five Leaves - I'll give it a shot. And I like period pieces
Shinsengumi Kitan - ditto

Maybe, just maybe:
Working! - i do need a comedy every now and then
Maid-sama - if Working! doesn't pan out

this is probably the least pessimistic i've been about a new season in a very long time!

Belial
Fri, 02-12-2010, 10:03 AM
First time i don't have a "must watch" show on the list, hopefully trailer will change that :(

MFauli
Fri, 02-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Arakawa under the bridge and giant killing look interesting. one or two other shows could be good, too. well, thatīs already two interesting shows more than last season had...

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Ookiku Furikabutte Season 2 - This is probably the best baseball anime I have ever seen in terms of both realism, atmosphere, and art.I have been waiting for a sequel forever.

YES YES YES!!!
I hope its going to be as good as the first one.

Pandadice
Fri, 02-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Rainbow - I swear, I thought this show was supposed to air a few seasons ago? I am almost positive I read about a prison series that sounded like this one months and months ago... (but it was never subbed, so maybe it's this after all)

it was on the Spring '09 chart.

but on the chart (the v4 at least) it said like "this hasn't had any updates since it's announcement. so it probably isn't airing".

so yeah, it didn't air. but hopefully it's a little more certain this time xD

Illrenmazou
Mon, 02-15-2010, 12:08 PM
is Break Blade getting a theatrical release? I dunno. It looks interesting though. Production I.G. + Xebec? I.G. = quality, Xebec = fanservice.. Break Blade = quality fanservice? O_o. it still looks cool.

Considering it has a 25 yr old female ace pilot with a body of a loli and a 12 year old klutz with a body of an adult, I think you're spot on.
To answer your first question, I thought it was going to be 45 min OVA but after seeing the list I'm not sure anymore.

EDIT:
Break Blade will indeed be a series of 6 movies:
http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/12/break-blade-films-in-2010.html

Pandadice
Mon, 02-15-2010, 12:58 PM
I wonder when that Iron Vendetta OVA thing is supposed to be released. maybe we can look forward to that this summer :\

Xrlderek
Mon, 02-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Definitely watching Ookiku Furikabutte and Major.

EpyonNext
Tue, 02-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Gundam Unicorn and Iron Man

/thread

Pandadice
Tue, 03-16-2010, 01:39 AM
v2 of the chart

http://chartfag.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/spring-2010-v2march.jpg

Ironman's not airing.

Lol, Romance of the Three Kingdoms again? how many charts has that been on now? :\

and sweet. Magic Kaito. Looks like DNAngel meets Detective Conan. I'll definitely be watching that.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Still nothing apart from K-ON 2 and Black Rock Shooter...

And what's up with three series referencing Romance of the 3 Kingdoms?

Sapphire
Wed, 03-17-2010, 04:10 PM
What's this parallel gurren lagaan thing?

Archangel
Wed, 03-17-2010, 04:42 PM
What's this parallel gurren lagaan thing?
A series of music videos featuring the characters of the anime in cool/weird adventures

At least the first one was, i assume the second one will follow the same pattern

Sapphire
Wed, 03-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpwU4Ltja-c)?

Archangel
Wed, 03-17-2010, 05:05 PM
That's actually a different OVA

There you go (http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5D860D8107AAB0A4&search_query=parallel+works)

Marik
Sun, 03-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Random Curiosity's Spring 2010 Preview (http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2010/03/28/spring-2010-preview/)

Pandadice
Sun, 03-28-2010, 10:20 PM
man that guy is such a type B otaku.. everything's seiyuu this and seiyuu that <.<.

after seeing the trailer Heroman looks a bit too shounen for me. I might check it out but I don't really have any interest in it.

I didn't know the Giant Killing trailer was out. The trailer killed some of my interest just because I didn't like the animation. I'm still thinking I'll watch it though.

yeah I have 0 interest in Arakawa under the bridge now.. Definite pass on that.

Man I'm so up in the air about Maid-sama, Mayoi Neko Overrun and Working... There are so many other shows (kissxsis, b gata h kei, and k-on) that I'm planning to watch which are in ways similar to them, that I don't really wanna take the time to watch it all :\.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-29-2010, 09:20 AM
I might check out Giant Killing and Heroman now.

Pessu
Mon, 03-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Booyah Kiss X Sis! The closest thing to wincest hentai which is not classified as actual hentai.

Alhuin
Mon, 03-29-2010, 03:58 PM
So I was researching the BRS OVA, since I was interested in it's release date, and I found that it won't be released until late June/early July. Isn't that technically the summer season then?

Pandadice
Mon, 03-29-2010, 04:01 PM
well Spring season is April-May-June, so if it's in June it's Spring season :\

If it gets delayed to July then it'd be in Summer season.. maybe a v3 of the chart won't include it if the creator thinks it should be considered Summer season :\

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Apparantly it's only going to be a 50min OVA or something too. I was expecting something longer.

Alhuin
Mon, 03-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Apparantly it's only going to be a 50min OVA or something too. I was expecting something longer.

Yeah I read that as well, though I interpreted it as each episode of the OVA was going to be 50 minutes (though no number of episodes were listed). One 50 minute episode sounds like it might not be such a great OVA after all, and almost feels like they should have just gone all out and made a movie.

Miming
Tue, 02-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Good day. I was wondering if you've noticed the subbing error in episode 9 of Haiyoru Nyaruani. At 2m:07s instead of it saying "an hour later" it says "an hour ago".

Sapphire
Tue, 02-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Completely the wrong thread to post this in.

Get Mirc, then try #animeone @ irc.rizon.net
( type '/j #animeone )

Also, a subbing group isn't likely to release a v2 for one error. Sorry.