PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 574

Marik
Wed, 02-10-2010, 12:16 PM
JumpSpirit

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmz4mzwmgmr) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/uwpewf) | One Manga (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/01/)

FireEmblem
Wed, 02-10-2010, 01:31 PM
NONONONONONONONONONONONONO.....

animus
Wed, 02-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Oh shit, wtf.

ODA, YOU SLAY ME.

Xyches
Wed, 02-10-2010, 01:54 PM
.........A manga has never had me so close to tears.....I have nothing but respect for Oda...but I don't know if I can forgive this.

darkmetal505
Wed, 02-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Luffy is going to go nuts.....

Carnage
Wed, 02-10-2010, 02:11 PM
A tear actually welled up in my eye.

This has to be the greatest chapter so far.

Xyches
Wed, 02-10-2010, 02:21 PM
A tear actually welled up in my eye.

This has to be the greatest chapter so far.

Yeah, this is close if not the best man. I hear you on the tears lol.

I actually read this chapter a few times. This is hands down the best manga out there.

Xyches
Wed, 02-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Luffy is going to go nuts.....

Heh sorry for double posting well kind of. This is not DBZ no is it Bleach so there are not any emotion based power-ups and Oda does not pull Sh** out of his A*s so what can Luffy do short of some sort of HAKI Trance\Berserker mode <My prediction to avenge ace.

Any idea's?

Marik
Wed, 02-10-2010, 02:28 PM
The most epic chapter of all epic chapters.

Man I can't believe someone other than Whitebeard died, especially after all of the trouble they went through to free him. I'm hoping that Luffy manages to kill Akainu somehow.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Son of a.... Im actually cleaning a few tears... WTF?

Akainu must die... damn Sengoku free Garp.

Carnage
Wed, 02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
The most epic chapter of all epic chapters.

Man I can't believe someone other than Whitebeard died, especially after all of the trouble they went through to free him. I'm hoping that Luffy manages to kill Akainu somehow.

Im actually hoping Akainu survives this so that Luffy can hold a grudge against him in the New World.

Whitebeard started crying, I want to see him go apeshit.

TwisT
Wed, 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Holy shit. I new there was a possibility that Ace might die here but i actually didn't think Oda had the balls to kill him. Not after all everyone went thought just to save him. Even after all the moves Oda has done with One Piece i guess i still underestimate just how great he really is.

And just imagine the character growth Luffy will go through now.

Kensee
Wed, 02-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Luffy is about to go berserk ... no question about it. His eyes rolled back and I've never seen that face before.

I wonder how this is going to change him overall as a character.

Assertn
Wed, 02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Characters that died or mortally wounded since the start of impel down:

Mr. 2
Little Oars Jr.
Diamond Jose
Whitebeard
Ace
Lots of prisoners, newkama, pirates, and marines.
Plus Luffy and Ivankov lost years off their lives

All just to save Ace....

Quite a brutal chapter, although its strange to me that Ace's predicament has always been held higher than everyone else's. I mean, Diamond Jose is quite possibly dead now, and he's a commander just the same as Ace.

RasenDori
Wed, 02-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Poor Luffy... and did Nami have to do that to him in the chapter title page? Have a heart... I'm gonna go dry my tears now...

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-10-2010, 04:51 PM
I love Oda.

Munsu
Wed, 02-10-2010, 05:04 PM
He'll survive somehow. Maybe it won't be apparent to us at the moment, but he'll show up somehow due to a miracle cure or some shit.

Carnage
Wed, 02-10-2010, 05:39 PM
No I actually think he's dead, for once. Oda may like to avoid killing off his characters, but he's not a bad writer. There was a purpose for Ace's death, I think he'll remain on the ground. Plus not having any characters die so far in the series really adds to the impact that a close nakama has now actually kicked the bucket.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-10-2010, 06:24 PM
The vivre card also burned completely. There is no way for he to survive after that. Besides... its the first significant death for Luffy's own 'plot'. Every other character has had a significant death (except for Sanji)

Dark Dragon
Wed, 02-10-2010, 07:13 PM
I always believed that the reason Pell survived was so Oda could save the death scene for a really epic death.

Don't let me down Oda.

oh and totally awesome chapter.

Augury
Wed, 02-10-2010, 07:25 PM
I agree with Zell here - I think Ace is dead because Oda made a point to show the vivre card burning out.

I was actually more shocked at last week's chapter when I read it. To me, this week's chapter was more like a confirmation with the chapter title, the vivre card, and the flashbacks all basically saying "yes, he is dead for sure" since characters in shounen series tend to jump back from most injuries.

Archangel
Wed, 02-10-2010, 07:47 PM
... i have no words to describe how fucking amazing to read this was

This was all too epic for my heart, i'll go lie down now and post more on this later

poopdeville
Wed, 02-10-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm pretty sure Akainu is dead too. Vista sliced him through the head and neck, using haki. He got cut through too many major arteries to live. The carotid, subclavian, and aorta, easily.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/07/

"Nggg, this is getting irritating" heh.

Archangel
Wed, 02-10-2010, 07:56 PM
It should be important to note that, like a true man of D, Ace died with a smile on his face

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/14-15/

UChessmaster
Wed, 02-10-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm pretty sure Akainu is dead too. Vista sliced him through the head and neck, using haki. He got cut through too many major arteries to live. The carotid, subclavian, and aorta, easily.

This is one piece bro, i`m sure he can live without those major arteries, not to mention you can see in the exact same page his "phasing" into magma, so i doubt any damage was really done.

Assertn
Wed, 02-10-2010, 09:04 PM
Strangely enough....the same thing happened to Aokiji.
Whitebeard pierced Aokiji with haki, yet he seemed unphased.

Other interesting details in this chapter:

Jimbei blocking Akainu's magma punch. There has never yet been a mention that Jimbei knows haki, and I'm especially skeptical since it wasn't until the others showed up that Akainu says "Haki users now?"

Ace's references to sabo and dadan. Even now Oda still keeps dadan vague, and now there's this "sabo" thing too? Whatever it is, it's gonna be hard to top Ace being Roger's son...

Archangel
Wed, 02-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Could it be that they evaded both those moves by creating a "hole" of sorts where the cut should have been?

joker-kun
Wed, 02-10-2010, 09:14 PM
I think it's great that Oda surprised us all, and I think this will be great for Luffy's development. My only -slight- disappointment so far is that Whitebeard has looked like a chump. Aside from blowing away some marines and breaking the island he's really done nothing.

I really hope not only Luffy goes berserk, but that Whitebeard does as well.

@Assertn: He also cut through Kizaru when he was going after Luffy on the platform. I think Haki more or less just makes them immobile on contact and maybe stops them from using their ability aside from phasing. Maybe the King's haki (or whatever it's called) can fatally wound.

Edit: I also think i wiped away a tear.

Sentenal
Wed, 02-10-2010, 09:47 PM
I think Jimbei may have blocked Akinu's punch since he can use water and such, which can cool down magma. I dunno. I really am curious about just how haki works against Logia people. Maybe only people with the Kings Desposition can actually harm Logia users, while normal Haki hinders them or hurts them not quiet as bad or something. Rayleigh was able to draw blood from Kizaru, right? Do we know if he had the Kings Desposition or not?

As for the chapter... It almost made me cry :(

Assertn
Wed, 02-10-2010, 09:52 PM
The king's disposition allows users to project their haki without even moving their body. Rayleigh does this in the auction house to knock out all the guards.

Archangel
Wed, 02-10-2010, 09:58 PM
The king's disposition allows users to project their haki without even moving their body. Rayleigh does this in the auction house to knock out all the guards.

I'm sure there's more to it than that seeing how it's apparently so rare

Remember when Shanks and WB crossed blades? The sky tore itself open!

FelixZeroAlastor
Thu, 02-11-2010, 12:24 AM
I think it's great that Oda surprised us all, and I think this will be great for Luffy's development. My only -slight- disappointment so far is that Whitebeard has looked like a chump. Aside from blowing away some marines and breaking the island he's really done nothing.

I really hope not only Luffy goes berserk, but that Whitebeard does as well.

Edit: I also think i wiped away a tear.

I agree. Oda did a great job. I never saw that coming.
I really doubt Luffy and Whitebeard going berserk at this moment will do anything big though. The Marines have a huge advantage at the moment. With Whitebeard in terrible shape and everyone at a loss for what happened to Ace I think he may still push for them to take Luffy and Ace's body out of the battle. He may sink that island before he dies though.

joker-kun
Thu, 02-11-2010, 09:46 AM
I agree. Oda did a great job. I never saw that coming.
I really doubt Luffy and Whitebeard going berserk at this moment will do anything big though. The Marines have a huge advantage at the moment. With Whitebeard in terrible shape and everyone at a loss for what happened to Ace I think he may still push for them to take Luffy and Ace's body out of the battle. He may sink that island before he dies though.

Yeah, I agree, and to be honest that kind of bugs me. I know h'es old, sick, and has been stabbed straight through the stomach, but c'mon we've gone through most of the series hearing how Whitebeard is the closest thing to the pirate king.

I will in no way compare this manga, or Oda, to Naruto (and I am aware even mentioning it is blasphemous :eek:), but it's just reminding me of the disappointment I had for Itachi... Hyped all series, only to be seen in one fight, at a disadvantage and sick, but somewhat excused because he was planning to throw his life away. Now unlike Naruto Oda, rarely disappoints, so I am still hoping WB does -something- aside from sinking an island.

At this point I don't see Akainu dying. He has set himself as a good antagonist and I think he'll help tap into Luffy's dark side for revenge as motivation. I strongly doubt it would happen, but it'd be interesting to see Sengoku die and Akainu become Fleet Admiral. He is definitely the most precise in his "justice".

rockmanj
Thu, 02-11-2010, 10:09 AM
The vivre card also burned completely. There is no way for he to survive after that. Besides... its the first significant death for Luffy's own 'plot'. Every other character has had a significant death (except for Sanji)

Unless you count Zeff's leg....I think that was a very formative experience for him. Even though nobody died, there was a sacrifice made so that Sanji could prosper

haha, sorry Zell...

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Unless you count Zell's leg....I think that wa a very formative experience for him. Even though nobody died, there was a sacrifice made so that Sanji could prosper.

What about my leg :confused:

Unless you mean Zef :p ;)

Zoro had Kuina. Nami had Bellemere. Ussop had his mother. Chopper had Dr Hiruruk. Franky had Tom. Brook had his crew. Robin had Dr Clover, her mother and island.

Sanji had a leg, lol. Lots of impact indeed, specially since Zef ate his leg... but he is still alive.

Luffy never mentioned anything about a dead relative. He didn't even he had a Dad... so Ace dying in his arms will definitely have a strong impact on him. A determination to fulfill his dream, as Ace wanted, and to get stronger... maybe destroying the corrupt goverment while they are at it? He did declare war at them back at Ennies Lobby... and now this happens.

Dunno... it feels as if Akainu will also kill Garp. Not now, but maybe in the future.

rockmanj
Thu, 02-11-2010, 11:16 AM
What about my leg :confused:

Unless you mean Zef :p ;)

Zoro had Kuina. Nami had Bellemere. Ussop had his mother. Chopper had Dr Hiruruk. Franky had Tom. Brook had his crew. Robin had Dr Clover, her mother and island.

Sanji had a leg, lol. Lots of impact indeed, specially since Zef ate his leg... but he is still alive.

Luffy never mentioned anything about a dead relative. He didn't even he had a Dad... so Ace dying in his arms will definitely have a strong impact on him. A determination to fulfill his dream, as Ace wanted, and to get stronger... maybe destroying the corrupt goverment while they are at it? He did declare war at them back at Ennies Lobby... and now this happens.

Dunno... it feels as if Akainu will also kill Garp. Not now, but maybe in the future.

I could see him at least trying. It seems like he is being set up to be a Big Bad in the future (if he isn't killed now). And yea, that is kinda funny how a lot of the D's die either smiling or laughing. I wonder what Garp will do if he survives this battle. He obviously cannot work alongside Akinnu now. Maybe he will pull a Saul, or get posted to some remote location.

Carnage
Thu, 02-11-2010, 02:05 PM
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/2538/1265856279799.jpg

Oda does it again.

Sentenal
Thu, 02-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I agree, and to be honest that kind of bugs me. I know h'es old, sick, and has been stabbed straight through the stomach, but c'mon we've gone through most of the series hearing how Whitebeard is the closest thing to the pirate king.

I will in no way compare this manga, or Oda, to Naruto (and I am aware even mentioning it is blasphemous :eek:), but it's just reminding me of the disappointment I had for Itachi... Hyped all series, only to be seen in one fight, at a disadvantage and sick, but somewhat excused because he was planning to throw his life away. Now unlike Naruto Oda, rarely disappoints, so I am still hoping WB does -something- aside from sinking an island.

At this point I don't see Akainu dying. He has set himself as a good antagonist and I think he'll help tap into Luffy's dark side for revenge as motivation. I strongly doubt it would happen, but it'd be interesting to see Sengoku die and Akainu become Fleet Admiral. He is definitely the most precise in his "justice".
I really doubt Luffy will go all dark and driven by revenge, if that is what you are saying. I mean, Luffy is so likable right now because he isn't like that. He will probably hold a grudge, and hate Akinu, and stuff like that, but I think Ace's death will just drive Luffy even harder to become the Pirate King, now for Ace's sake as well. I seriously don't see Luffy turning into a gloomier, revenge driven Pirate who is just out to kill Akinu.

UChessmaster
Fri, 02-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I really doubt Luffy will go all dark and driven by revenge, if that is what you are saying. I mean, Luffy is so likable right now because he isn't like that. He will probably hold a grudge, and hate Akinu, and stuff like that, but I think Ace's death will just drive Luffy even harder to become the Pirate King, now for Ace's sake as well. I seriously don't see Luffy turning into a gloomier, revenge driven Pirate who is just out to kill Akinu.

Agree 100%, keep luffy the way he is!

joker-kun
Sat, 02-13-2010, 12:06 AM

No, that's not what I am saying at all, and I apologize for not being more specific. I more or less meant in regards to Akainu I think we'll see a darker Luffy, kind of like with Lucci, but maybe with a bit more of a grudge. I by no means, mean an emo-Sasuke-like Luffy

So again, I think Luffy will stay his happy go lucky self, but I think when he sees Akainu he will be enraged (kind of like how he instantly attacked blackbeard in impel down).

Archangel
Sat, 02-13-2010, 12:14 AM
I'll go further and say that this experience will indeed change Luffy's whole persona

Nothing drastic, deep down he'll be the same old Luffy that we know and love but his attitude towards the navy and his dream should change, i think we'll see a seriousness from him like we haven't before

That and his haki level will surely go over 9000 in the next chapter

poopdeville
Sat, 02-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Luffy is clearly going to want revenge. But he knows he'll run into Akainu eventually, because he wants to become the Pirate King. The Grand Line is their battlefield. Until they meet, Luffy will go on with his adventures. When they do, Luffy will fight as hard as he can, just like he always does. In short, nothing will change.

Compare this to Shanks: Luffy is clearly going to want to fight Shanks, just like he fought Coby. But he knows he'll run into Shanks eventually, because they're competing for the same position...

DeathscytheVII
Sat, 02-13-2010, 09:33 PM
This is why i read One piece last after bleach and naruto, to end off with a bang. I honestly have no idea where Oda will take this next, but being blindsided like this and having to speculate really makes this Manga stand out from Bleach or Naruto.