PDA

View Full Version : Game: BlazBlue Series

RyougaZell
Tue, 02-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Developed by Arc System Works, the masteminds behind Guilty Gear, BlazBlue is a fighting game that brings us into a world tainted by past wars and surrounded by many mysteries behind the armagus, the boundary and more.

Plot from Wikipedia:

Prior to the events of BlazBlue, humanity was on the verge of extinction from the "Black Beast", a creature of Darkness. The world was saved by six heroes who wielded magic. They helped humanity create "Armagus", a fusion of magic and technology, to defeat the Beast.

After the war, the Novus Orbis Librarium (the Library or NOL for short) was created to govern the world with the use of Armagus. A great deal of dissent was caused by the Library, partly due to Armagus' use in nearly every facet of society, and the widening socioeconomic gap between those who could and couldn't use Armagus. This dissent would eventually form years later into The Ikaruga Civil War, when the Ikaruga Union openly rebelled against the Library. After the war, the Library imposed a harsher rule on the world, punishing any rebellion against the Library with the death penalty.

In December A.D. 2199, several years after the Ikaruga Civil War, a branch of the Library was utterly destroyed by an SS-class rebel named "Ragna the Bloodedge" also known as the "Grim Reaper", in an attempt to destroy the entire Library. The Novus Orbis Librarium, hoping to stop him, immediately announced the largest bounty ever, available to anyone who could capture him. Interestingly, Ragna possesses a powerful form of Armagus known as the "Azure Grimoire" (Grimoire of the Blue in Japan), also known as the BlazBlue. This led the Librarium, as well as the Ikaruga Union and other fighters, to hunt Ragna not just for his bounty, but also his grimoire.

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger:
The first game in the series was released for PS3 and Xbox360 in June 2009, in America, while an European Release is programmed for March 2010.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/270451b.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/blazblue_cover.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/200739b.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/jaquette-blazblue-calamity-trigger-.jpg)

The console version expands the story with its Story Mode, giving us more insight on the characters involvement with the mysteries of BlazBlue.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/190016brp.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/blazblue_psp.jpg)

A portable version for PSP is programmed to be released in March 2010 as well. The PSP port will include small additions like Unlimited Characters that are already available as DLC for Xbox360 and are programmed for mid-february for PS3.

BlazBlue Battle x Battle - DSI Ware

A... hmmm... nevermind... ok ok... game for DSIWare. I doubt we will see it english though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_1214256-2132401233_super.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/1214256-2132401233_super.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_suprdef1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/suprdef1.jpg)

BlazBlue Continuum Shift

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/4ea014fc.jpg

Continuum Shift picks up where Calamity Trigger ended. It was released on Japanese arcades on November 2009 while a Console port has been announced for summer in Japan. Hopefully it won't take that long to arrive to America.

Three new characters enter the ranks of BlazBlue. One of this new characters is exclusive to the console version, at least for now.

Scans:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_bbcs02.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/bbcs02.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_bbcs04.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/bbcs04.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_bbcs01.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/bbcs01.jpg) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/th_bbcs03.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/bbcs03.jpg)

----------------

Didn't see a thread so I decided to start it. Specially after the console port announcement of Continuum Shift. I do know there are several BlazBlue players here so... thoughts?

Ryllharu
Tue, 02-09-2010, 04:54 PM
You forgot the most important question! Who do you regularly play as?

----------------------------

Almost exclusively Rachel for me, though I dabble with Litchi (badly) and I'm rather inconsistent with Tao. Rachel plays a lot like a cross between Testament and Dizzy from Guilty Gear, so it's not a big leap for me. I'm still discovering new uses of her Slyphied Drive every time I play. Rachel and a number of others really require a lot of dedication, far more than any other character from a fighting franchise that I can remember. The dvd that came with the special edition was completely wrong by the way. It said that Rachel doesn't have a lot of defensive moves so you have to rely on turtling. I found the exact opposite to be the case. Nearly all of her attacks are defensive in nature or rely on zone control. Turtling with Rachel will get you trapped at the edge of the screen and get you killed. She may not have a lot of mobility without her Drive, but you need it to utilize her options. Particularly the way her Drive affects all her attacks to do more damage. She has amazing anti-air, but you need to be active in order to use it.

The thing that I really like about the Drive system is that while some of the characters are really simple in terms of their drives and are just straight-out attacks, others give you huge advantages when you figure out their intricacies. Rachel's can be used in pretty much every way you can imagine, from modifying her attacks to do more damage to even pushing your opponent just out of range for your hitbox. Another example is Noel. From the outside and on the shallow end, it looks like it is just an Easy Combo button, but someone skilled with her will teach you the hard way that it isn't the attacks in her drive, but the myriad of built-in dodges that make Noel formidable.

The story mode was really enjoyable too. There is a ton of lore embedded in it, and some of that is expanded on further in the Oshiete Litchi-Sensei! segments. I also really like how the proper endings to each of the characters' stories fit together without many (if any) continuity errors. They really created a fascinating world.

As far as Continuum Shift, I'm really hoping it makes it here, but not all the revisions of Guilty Gear made it over here (I don't think XX Slash did). Takumi/Hazama doesn't really interest me, but I like the way his Drive gives him a ton of mobility while also functioning as a grab attack. Tsubaki seems like she plays like the EX version of Jam from Guilty Gear, so she catches my interest. I'd like to see something of better quality than handycam youtube videos of her, to really gauge how she plays.

RyougaZell
Tue, 02-09-2010, 11:23 PM
I mainly play as Noel or Taokaka, but I've been trying to learn other characters. Mainly because of the story mode. I've found Tager, Rachel and Shishigami Bang to be quite enjoyable to use. Heck, even Ragna. Nu-13 is cool, but feels cheap sometimes.

I hate Carl and Jin though.

Im actually trying to learn how to use Noel right. Im not that good on fighting games... out of 50 online games I've only won 20... and all with Noel. Oops...

Continuum Shift may be bad news for you though. I read they completely re-did Rachel.

What interests me the most of CS, and the reason why I hope they do localize it here, is that it continues the plot were CT left. It ain't a CT 1.5 in terms of story.

Miu - 12 is exclusive to consoles, so we can't really say how 'she' will play. I do hope for new characters though. I kinda wanted to play as Makoto or another of the six heroes. Or even an all new character, heck. Only 3 new characters feels a bit... small. Plot saves it for me.

You own the Xbox version if Im not mistaken right? Its a shame we can't have an online match. Though I would probably lose.

Ryllharu
Wed, 02-10-2010, 04:50 AM
Continuum Shift may be bad news for you though. I read they completely re-did Rachel.

You own the Xbox version if Im not mistaken right? Its a shame we can't have an online match. Though I would probably lose.
The only thing that really bothers me is that they slowed down the recharge on her wind. When it was exhausted, you were already somewhat helpless, now it might be worse. Her rods now disappearing when she gets hit is sad (fun way to stagger your opponent when they start a combo on you), but I can deal with that because it was a bit cheap. Sword Iris (activating the lightning rods) is much improved by changing it to 214A (or C now?) and being able to use it in the air. 22A didn't reliably fire if you did it too fast or too slow. I'll manage, just have to relearn her all over. Nerfing the damage on her old Distortion Drive hurts, but it was tough to get most of the rods and hover above them anyway.

Yeah, 360 version. I think the only reason you might lose to me would be because you play Noel. One of my friends focuses on Noel (that's why I know so much about the dodges, not to mention that accursed aerial Distortion Drive!). Otherwise I'm not that good.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-10-2010, 10:07 AM
I knew they had changed Rachel but I hadn't read how much they did. It is indeed sad her rods dissapear if she gets hit. Maybe they can leave them on with Unlimited Rachel... but Unlimited are kinda cheap. Fun to use among friends in the same room, but a big no online.

You that own the Xbox version... how much does it cost for each new unlimited character? Depending on the cost I may get them all or only Noel, Taokaka and Bang. I won't pay for Carl.

Carl seems to be an efficient character, if you do know how to use him, but I just don't have the patience to learn him. Im actually planning to win his arcade mode in the easiest difficulty, only for the sake to get the Astral Heat Trophy (Achievement for you)

Ah yes. How much does it cost for the new color palettes? If possible in dollar equivalent (I know Xbox uses points...)

Ryllharu
Wed, 02-10-2010, 12:02 PM
If the rods disappeared after they're up, she'd be unplayable. If you had to avoid getting hit the whole match, you would never do any appreciable damage. The change is that they just might not create a rod if she gets hit when you fire it. It will be more like the frog or pumpkin when you get hit as it flies through the air. Once the rod goes up it still stays up. As it stands now, you can fire it when you know you're about to get hit, do decent damage, stagger your opponent and get a free rod out of it all at once.

1 USD for Unlimited Rachel, Ranga, Hakumen and Nu, or you can unlock them by beating the Arcade Mode on any difficulty. Personally, I think you can do a lot more damage with regular Rachel. When the normal lightning is focused on three rods, it does a great deal of damage. Unlimited mode makes it much harder, since you don't need the rods and it just shoots out three in sequence (and it takes some time before you can use it again).

Unlimited Jin, Noel, Taokaka, tagger, Litchi, Arakune, Bang, and Carl all come as a set (no individuals) and are about 5 USD.

There are three sets of color unlocks, the first is about 5 USD and the second two sets are around 6 USD (400 and 480 xbl points). Each set has 4 colors. You can buy them in character A, B, and C sets for 2 USD each.
A: Rachel, Tager, Litchi, and Arakune
B: Ragna, Jin, Noel, and Carl
C: Taokaka, Bang, Hakumen and v-13

The first set is a lot of fun, since a lot of the schemes are recognizable palettes. Litchi for example has Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers) colors, and Rachel is Hatsune Miku (of Vocaloid fame). I haven't tried out the third set, but the second is based off European flags.

I beat Carl on Very Easy and it was still tough to beat Nu. I can't split my concentration easily between Carl and Nirvana and lose track of her easily. Like Rachel, Carl requires a lot of dedication. I've been absolutely trashed by one on XBL.

RyougaZell
Wed, 02-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Ah! I guess I misunderstood what you said of Rachel. I can live with that change definitely.

I already unlocked Unlimited Rachel and Ragna, but haven't played through Hakumen or Nu-13's arcade mode. 5 dollars for all other Unlimited Characters is very decent. Gamefaq forums said each were 5 dlls. Screw em.

Im torn on the Palette colors. Those Im interested are separated among the groups... so I need to end buying them all to save a few bucks. Beh. Well, need to get a PSN card first though.

I also got crushed by a Carl online once. He can be such a beast. But I don't have the motivation to learn him.

I actually entered the BlazBlue boat a bit late. I just finished the True Ending yesterday actually. Like I said, Im not very good, but I completely fell in love with the story and several characters (Noel and Taokaka mainly).

I kinda blame you Ryll. After you posted some of Noel's scans a few months ago the game picked my interest and here I am.

Archangel
Wed, 02-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Ryll and Zell are having a civilized conversation :O

Is it 2012 already?

Stitch
Sun, 02-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Is it true that the PS3 version doesn't have voice chat? What a bunch of BS if true. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

RyougaZell
Mon, 02-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Is it true that the PS3 version doesn't have voice chat? What a bunch of BS if true. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

False. It does have it. And its really annoying btw. When I create a room I place the no-voice-chat rule.

Any PS3 BlazBlue players here? I want to play with someone I know. Only Ryll seems to play the game here, but he owns a different console.

bagandscalpel
Mon, 02-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Any PS3 BlazBlue players here? I want to play with someone I know. Only Ryll seems to play the game here, but he owns a different console.
I'll let you guys know if I ever get bored of Guilty Gear and start to play BB.

However, what with GG PS360 on the distant horizon, I'm probably not looking to take up BB any time soon.

Ryllharu
Mon, 02-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Im torn on the Palette colors. Those Im interested are separated among the groups... so I need to end buying them all to save a few bucks. Beh. Well, need to get a PSN card first though.
I stand corrected on this. The second two packs are only two colors each, not four.

The European flag ones are awesome for some of the characters (particularly Noel), but the other set is pretty lame, mostly solid colors like white. That said, getting Taokaka's is the worth the entire pack, it turns her into a black and white cartoon character.

RyougaZell
Tue, 02-23-2010, 01:28 AM
I was going to buy them this weekend... but fucking walmart didn't activate my psn card... now I need to wait while my brother fixes this... thankfully he works on the border...

fireheart
Tue, 03-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Well I own it on the PS3 though hardly played it because only play it with a friend so didn't want to get that much better than him when he doesn't have it yet. He's waiting for BBCS to come out here in Europe.

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Well, if you ever decide to take online matches, I'll be there.

fireheart
Tue, 03-09-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't mind playing every now and then but be warned I seriously suck at this game

RyougaZell
Tue, 03-09-2010, 07:08 PM
I don't mind playing every now and then but be warned I seriously suck at this game

Since I only main Noel, playing random matches with every character may be the way to go. plus its fun trying to use characters you don't main.

Ryllharu
Tue, 03-09-2010, 07:21 PM
I am determined to learn to use Litchi.

One of my friends is downright nasty with Jin and Ranga (he plays shotos in other games anyway), and he's proficient enough with Arakune (squiggly). I managed to completely confound him using Litchi, so maybe I'm finally making headway with her. Still nowhere near as good as I am with Rachel, but I can't even come close to beating him while using Rachel when he uses Jin, since Jin is completely broken.

darkshadow
Wed, 03-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Just played a bit of CS, and I have to say I do like the game.
I've only used Litchi and Tsubaki so far, but I really like Tsubaki. Litchi is just hot >_>.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-10-2010, 10:03 AM
I am determined to learn to use Litchi.

One of my friends is downright nasty with Jin and Ranga (he plays shotos in other games anyway), and he's proficient enough with Arakune (squiggly). I managed to completely confound him using Litchi, so maybe I'm finally making headway with her. Still nowhere near as good as I am with Rachel, but I can't even come close to beating him while using Rachel when he uses Jin, since Jin is completely broken.

I hate playing against Jin. But that is what makes it more sweet when you defeat a high level player (40+) that abuses Jin.

When I began playing online I thought I would see everyone playing Ragna. I was wrong. Jin is the bitch online... bleh. Better for me I guess, since I like Ragna's character. Whereas I hate Jin's character and plot.

On Trophy/Achievements matters Ryll... any easy way to get Rachel's 25 second on air trophy/achievement?

Ryllharu
Wed, 03-10-2010, 05:04 PM
On Trophy/Achievements matters Ryll... any easy way to get Rachel's 25 second on air trophy/achievement?
I've heard that is one of the tougher ones. I can't say I've managed it myself, but to be honest I didn't really try. Here's a strategy for it:

- Spoonful of Sugar (20) -
REQUIREMENT: Keep Rachel afloat for 25 seconds.
STRATEGY: You need two controllers for this, or a co-operating friend.

Have both players be Rachel. Have yourself superjump (command down-up),
and use wind (D) upwards at the same time. When you're in midair at the
apex of your jump, press 8c. This will cause Nago (her cat) to become
an open umbrella and slow Rachel's descent.

This is where it gets tricky, especially if you're not familiar with
Rachel. Just as first player's Rachel is about to land on the ground,
have the second player use 2c (her electric chair). While the chair is
active, the second player must use all 4 wind charges upwards, propelling
player 1 upwards again. Since player 2 is on the ground, their wind
meter will charge. You MUST use the wind before the electric chair ends
or player 2 will float up as well (messing up the entire attempt).

Just before you reach the ground, use another one of your wind charges
upwards while you wait for player 2's wind meter to fill up. Repeat with
player 2 using 2c and winding upwards during 2c.

This process loops until you get the achievement. I main Rachel, so this
took me 1 try, but don't get frustrated if it takes you multiple.

darkshadow
Wed, 03-10-2010, 06:19 PM
I can't beat the last guy yet, because I really have no idea what I'm doing, I mean I did ragna's distortion stuff by accident once. This is why I haven't been able to beat that last guy yet, that hazama or something ( cheap with some sort of lifedrain radius).

But so far I like ragna, litchi and tsubaki the best.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-10-2010, 11:33 PM
I've heard that is one of the tougher ones. I can't say I've managed it myself, but to be honest I didn't really try. Here's a strategy for it:

I tried that one once and couldn't get it. It was with a friend though. I need to try it alone, but I need a 2nd controller first...

Its a pain, but I want that trophy. Though the thoughest would be the score attack one.

darkshadow:
Can't say how difficult Hazama is. I'm waiting for a console release.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Seems this was announced a while ago and I missed it...

Continuum Shift has an american release date set. July 20 2010 (http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/03/19/get-hype-all-over-again-blazblue-continuum-shift-coming-to-your-xbox-360-and-playstation-3-this-summer/)

Marik
Fri, 04-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Aksys Games is selling Limited Edition Tournament Edition Joysticks for $200 each. There's only going to be 1,500 available per console. It's pretty much the Street Fighter IV sticks with new graphic art and a $50 price hike.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/04/30/blazbluecontiuum-shift-limited-edition-te-joysticks%E2%98%BC%D0%B4%E2%98%BC/

RyougaZell
Sun, 06-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Makoto will be available as a DLC character.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/med_makoto2.jpg

Source (http://www.moetron.com/2010/06/23/blazblue-continuum-shift-%E2%80%93-dlc-characters-makoto-and-nu/)

Nu will be back as DLC as well

Source (http://www.animevice.com/forums/off-topic/32/blazblue-dlc-to-add-makoto-v-13-to-continuum-shift/316205/)

And it seems another 2 new DLC characters are being produced.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/1277314793272.jpg

Xelbair
Sun, 06-27-2010, 05:42 PM
I've got BB CT just now - damned late European release got even more late in Poland. I'm learning to play Nu-13. Ofc i have ps3 version.
If anyone wants to play add me on PSN - same nick as here.

Ryllharu
Wed, 06-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Makoto will be available as a DLC character.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/med_makoto2.jpg

Source (http://www.moetron.com/2010/06/23/blazblue-continuum-shift-%E2%80%93-dlc-characters-makoto-and-nu/)
Makoto has been described as a close-ranged offense character. That screams "Jam Kuradoberi" to me. That'll be a day 1 purchase.

Who can resist a squirrel-girl with considerable underboob? Not me. Even better that there are multiple catgirls in the franchise. Since she even comes with her story mode, I can't wait to see a scene between Makoto and Tao.

Xelbair
Wed, 06-30-2010, 05:26 PM
If it does not have "break through every hit + few frames of invincibility" ball of death overdrive like jam it'll be solid character.

RyougaZell
Wed, 06-30-2010, 09:34 PM
Makoto has been described as a close-ranged offense character. That screams "Jam Kuradoberi" to me. That'll be a day 1 purchase.

Who can resist a squirrel-girl with considerable underboob? Not me. Even better that there are multiple catgirls in the franchise. Since she even comes with her story mode, I can't wait to see a scene between Makoto and Tao.

Its a day 1 purchase for me too. I'll be sure to get her immediately. And I hope the other 2 characters promised are good as well.

Xelbair: I'll seek you soon on the PS3 for a match.

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-07-2010, 12:31 AM
The last 2 DLC characters for BlazBlue Continuum Shift have been leaked.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/valken1.jpg
Valkenhayn Hellsing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/platina1.jpg
Platina Trinity

Archangel
Wed, 07-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Is the psp version the same as the 360 version?

I just got the it (psp), i get a nice body count with both Ragna and Jin

I still haven't finished all of the arcade and story mode though, i'm still pretty confused about the overall plot

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-07-2010, 09:29 AM
BlazBlue Portable is indeed based on Calamity Trigger, but the adaptation can't compare to the HD Consoles.

Archangel
Wed, 07-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Meh, i'll get the sequel for the 360 but for now this one serves me just fine

darkshadow
Tue, 08-03-2010, 01:56 AM
http://kotaku.com/5602351/blazblue-continuum-shift-gets-two-special-editions-in-europe

Europe <3

RyougaZell
Tue, 08-03-2010, 08:53 AM
http://kotaku.com/5602351/blazblue-continuum-shift-gets-two-special-editions-in-europe

Europe <3

I want that artbook. Get two copies and give me one artbook. LOL.

I already bought the Noel Nendoroid of Ebay. It wasn't cheap... but it was worth it.

Ryllharu
Wed, 08-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Makoto is out a little early thanks to PSN (the 360 version was supposed to be tomorrow), so I tried her out...and I can't use her at all. :(

As an offensive rusher who should never block, she should be perfectly suited for me. Yet somehow I just can't get a grasp on her timing. I've got the her Impact Drive figured out, and I can do all the moves (except Parry!!), but whatever it is that I need to make her work, I just can't seem to get it to flow. Not like the way Litchi flows for me, or Rachel did in CT.

She feels a little bit broken though. Like Hazama, she has a Distortion that is more or less instant-on. But worse is that with Hazama, you could at least get a split-second to block when his sigil manifests. Not so with Makoto. Once her Distortion activates, you can't even move. It feels really unfair compared to a lot of other characters with interruptible Distortions.

For CS, I suppose I'm going to stick with Litchi as my main, and try to learn Tsubaki. Rachel is a lost cause and Makoto just doesn't have that same kind of flow for me.

RyougaZell
Wed, 08-04-2010, 11:07 PM
Well damn.... my copy of BBCS hasn't arrived due to problems in Laredo... I should have it this saturday.

Im definitely buying Makoto... but damn... 8 dollar? And then there's the DLC Color packs... 15 dollar again? Holy heck... I'll probably end up buying them anyway... but damn...

And wtf with the voice packs?

Ryllharu
Thu, 08-05-2010, 03:27 AM
The voice packs are 400 MS points, so...5 or 6 USD. But they are completely unlockable within the game through story mode (EDIT: now I'm not sure if they are or not). The only reason I could think of needing to buy them is because you can't stand the change to the normal system voice.

It is a bit more obnoxious now, but I got used to it.

The color packs are a necessary evil, and the Unlimited Mode unlocks mean not having to beat Score Attack with each character, but they're not a necessity. Mu is also unlockable through Story Mode, so she is not worth buying.

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-05-2010, 08:54 AM
The voice packs are 400 MS points, so...5 or 6 USD. But they are completely unlockable within the game through story mode (EDIT: now I'm not sure if they are or not). The only reason I could think of needing to buy them is because you can't stand the change to the normal system voice.

It is a bit more obnoxious now, but I got used to it.

The color packs are a necessary evil, and the Unlimited Mode unlocks mean not having to beat Score Attack with each character, but they're not a necessity. Mu is also unlockable through Story Mode, so she is not worth buying.

I was listening to Jin´s pack on Youtube and... I don't like it. Didn't search the other though. I have to admit, though, that if the voice pack was Noel's... I would have a hard time resisting.

Unlimited Characters requiere beating Score Attack? Shit... meh... I bought the Unlimited on BBCT and never used them... so I don't think I'll buy em. If I ever manage to beat Score Attack I'll have em. But I didn't manage to do so on the first game either so... whatever.

And yes... I know what you mean about necessary evil... I'll probably end up buying the DLC color packs again. Hazama's Joker color looks awesome. I wish they gave you the option of buying color packs based on character... I know I don't care about the colors for Jin and Carl for instance.

Ryllharu
Sat, 08-07-2010, 06:21 PM
I've gotten 100% for Story Mode. It was awesome, and tons of questions remain. So here are a few of my thoughts on some of the choice arcs:

If you haven't finished it yet, do not read the remainder of this post.

(spoilers below)
----------------------------------------------------

- Overall, I think my favorite arc was Tao's. Her alternate ending was a bit melancholy with Torakaka rescuing her and her crying on Tora's back about how weak she is before falling asleep. In her true ending, she still couldn't beat Hazama, but her giving it her all resulted in the same conclusion. It put a heavy-hearted twist on the normally hyper Tao, and like Tora mentioned, she was still very much a kitten. She's got some growing up to do. Her Help Me! Professor Kokonoe episode was probably one of the funniest.

- I think the biggest surprise for me was Carl's. I expected more of the same from CT, with him being brainwashed and controlled by Nirvana, being pathetic and getting his ass kicked everywhere. Which still happened, but there was a big twist to the whole thing. Carl knew the whole time, but he also wasn't entirely wrong. Nirvana is still a Nox Nyctores, but it seems that his sister Ada was turned into the doll or at the absolute least powers Nirvana. Worse, Carl's father built off that "success" and turned Carl's mother into another one! The arc gave a lot of insight to why Nirvana is so protective of Carl. It seemed less that Nirvana was using Carl for her own ends and more than she was a big sister to him. I expect him to play a much bigger role if there is another sequel coming.

- The Tsubaki and Hakumen arcs were touching. Noel and Tsubaki are super bestest friends, but there was a good deal of raw emotion from Tsubaki. She got used and abused, cast aside and forced to keep going. The part where Hakumen connected with Tsubaki in the park, her at first getting all fangirl and finishing with him touching her for the first time in a really long while was nicely done. It wasn't too sappy, and it didn't feel like it came out of nowhere thanks the preceding arcs.

- As for the True Ending and overall story, I was amused that Litchi has turned "evil," but there were just a ton of questions at the end of this game. Bang's ending had Trinity telling him that he will get (or already has a Nox Nyctores and will be the one who breaks this world open). That is a big shift from Ranga/Noel/Jin who usually fill that role. He's been comedy relief most of the time.

There is also the reappearance of Nine (the sorceress and one of the Six Heroes) on the side of Hazama and Carl's evil father. They call her a phantom, but she's the only one besides maybe Rachel who has use of magic, and even then Rachel and Jubei have said they are no match for her "real sorcery." That leaves only Kokonoe as someone who can counter Nine. She's the daughter of Nine and Jubei, and it was mentioned in at least two arcs that she can use magic, but has abandoned it for science. I'm really curious why she abandoned her magical abilities, and what she intends to do with the huge stockpile of nuclear warheads. Kokonoe gets slandered by the other characters for running and hiding in her bunker and not using all of her talents.

Speaking of Sector Seven, how the hell did Makoto become their mole in the Library? That came out of nowhere with Tager's arc.

I guess the last comment would be about the Imperator herself. Ragna called her Saya, but he's done the same for Nu/Lambda and Noel too. Is the Imperator the real Saya, or just one more clone of her. I guess I would have to lean toward her being the real one with Jin commenting that she was the one who gave him the sword that until just recently drove him completely mad.

All in all, interesting stuff, and far more questions than answers this time around.

---------------------------------------

(end spoilers)

RyougaZell
Sat, 08-07-2010, 11:02 PM
I just got the game today... so I'll skip reading your post for now. I'll check it back when I finish it all.

I scored 4 trophies against Hazama, the damn bastard. Defeating Unlimited Hazama, 1st Break Guard, 10 Silencer with Noel and 1st Astral Finish. It was bloody awesome to Astral the asshole.

Marik
Thu, 08-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Arc System Works formally announced today a BlazBlue Continuum Shift arcade sequel. Titled BlazBlue Continuum Shift II, the new game will see its debut at the Amusement Machine Show, which will be held in Chiba starting on September 9.

This is an updated version of the original Continuum Shift arcade, where it will be rebalanced once again. It will also include console characters such as Makoto and Valkenhayn.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift II will make use of Taito's Type X2 arcade board and will feature a standard 8-way lever and 4 button layout. It's scheduled to hit arcades this Winter.

At the AM Show event, attendees will be able to make use of Valkenhayn R Hellsing. The game will be on display in Taito's booth.

Valkenhayn was previously announced as the second download character for the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the original Continuum Shift. Today, Arc said the character will become available for download in late September, priced at ¥800/560MSP. It also shared artwork and first screens of the character download.
Source: Andriasang (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/26/blazblue_cs_sequel/)

----

And here's a PV that shows Valkenhayn around the 1:33 mark.

BLAZBLUE CONTINUUM SHIFT マコト=ナナヤPV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uInuQo-Opo&fmt=22)

darkshadow
Fri, 08-27-2010, 05:41 AM
Lol 3 games in 3 years and only 4 extra characters so far?
And ryll wants to talk shit about street fighter xDDDD.

:'D.

:3.

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Lol 3 games in 3 years and only 4 extra characters so far?
And ryll wants to talk shit about street fighter xDDDD.

:'D.

:3.

Get your info straight when you want to bash

Continuum Shift expanded the rooster with the following characters:
- Lambda 11
- Tsubaki
- Hazama

Then the Console Port of Continuum Shift expanded it even more with the following characters:
- Miu 12
- Makoto (DLC)
- Valkenhyan (DLC)
- Platina (DLC)

The Continuum Shift II is actually a 'port' of the 'console port' so it can include the 4 (previously) exclusive Console Characters.

I don't care about SF, nor I'll ever care of it, but lets apply your same words to SSFIV. SSFIV is getting a revision soon with 'Only two new characters'. And before you say something about SSFIV getting tons of new characters... SSFIV is to SFIV the same that BBCS is to BBCT. A 'sequel'. But BlazBlue has a plot a ver complex and expanded plot between the two games. This 'Continuum Shift II' won't be arriving to consoles, since basically its the 'port' of the Console.

Xelbair
Fri, 08-27-2010, 09:36 AM
I hope that Lambda(not Lamda) 11 is not very different from Nu :3
I just love to play this character, even through its drivers are not so useful(especially when playing with GGXX#R veteran who played that game for 5 or 4 years) hitting enemy with HCF+D is awesome :D
And her zoning is awesome - if you can control her swords well it is really hard to reach you(especially with Hakumen) and her followup FF or BB is great for escaping :3

Archangel
Fri, 08-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Her drives aren't useful??? Dude... you need to find some online manuals or something

darkshadow
Fri, 08-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Get your info straight when you want to bash

Continuum Shift expanded the rooster with the following characters:
- Lambda 11
- Tsubaki
- Hazama

Then the Console Port of Continuum Shift expanded it even more with the following characters:
- Miu 12
- Makoto (DLC)
- Valkenhyan (DLC)
- Platina (DLC)

The Continuum Shift II is actually a 'port' of the 'console port' so it can include the 4 (previously) exclusive Console Characters.

I don't care about SF, nor I'll ever care of it, but lets apply your same words to SSFIV. SSFIV is getting a revision soon with 'Only two new characters'. And before you say something about SSFIV getting tons of new characters... SSFIV is to SFIV the same that BBCS is to BBCT. A 'sequel'. But BlazBlue has a plot a ver complex and expanded plot between the two games. This 'Continuum Shift II' won't be arriving to consoles, since basically its the 'port' of the Console.

Lambda whatever I don't count since Lambda and nu are 1 character in CS, Nu being the unlimited form for lamba.
I only counted tsubaki, hazama, mu and makoto, since those are the ones that arecurrently playable. So yeah...only 4 characters and some rebalancing.

Before you start counter bashing, get your info straight.
SF4 went from arcade, to home release with 8 additional characters and balancing.
Then came SSF4, added 10 more, rebalanced the shit out of the game and gave everyone new moves.....and that's only 2 years in.
Now SSF4 will get another update, which rumored to get 6 more characters, not 2....the character select screen that is currently out doesn't have to show all the new additions, since this was exactly the same with the revelations during SSF4's roster, they never showed all 10 new slots right away.

So yeah, 3 years in...24 additional characters, shit ton of balancing, additional moves and nearly 4 costumes per character (the update will include more costumes too).
BB only got as far as balancing, 4 new characters (ok 6 whatever I still don't count lamba) and some very neat paid for pallet swaps /sarcasm.

heck even if we take the 2D entries in the series, then sf2 still had 9 additional characters, new moves, rebalancing over 4 games in about 3 years.
SF3 same story, 2 years, 3 games, 9 new chars, new moves etc....
SFA.......etc....

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really bashing BB, cause I like CS. I was just bashing Ryll's shitty arguments against SF.

RyougaZell
Fri, 08-27-2010, 11:38 AM
I don't care to bash SF cause I don't play it, thus I can't really talk about its 'rebalancing'

My point of including SF wasn't about its new characters or costumes or whatever. The point was that its a 'revision'

This 'Continuum Shift II' is just Arksys telling people that a revision came. This version is definitely not getting a 'new release' on Consoles, because its the SAME console version.

In my book, SF4 and SSF4 are TWO different games. But, if we follow your logic of saying BlazBlue has had THREE games... then this means SF4 has had... lets see...
1st Game SF4 Arcade
1st Game Plus SF4 Console (was this version released on arcades?)
2nd Game SSF4 Consoles
3rd Game SSF4 'Plus new characters' - Arcade

So yeah... revisions... or games? If we follow your logic, then SF has had 20 new characters passing 3 new versions, whereas BlazBlue has 6 new chara (ok, for your sake, lets not count Lambda) in 2 new versions? roughly 6 per version for SF and 3 per version for BB. SF wins for sure... *shrug* (I don't count 'rumours' as official, since who says BB isn't getting more? Platina and Valkenhyan are confirmed already)

Anyway... will this new characters of SSFIV reach consoles via DLC? Or knowing Capcom will it sell it as a new game 'again' ?

Xelbair
Fri, 08-27-2010, 12:15 PM
Well - compared to most drives they are hard to pull off correctly Archie - i know that HCF+D is great one but it has serious disadvantages. usually close range are 2x QCF + button and are easier to do in pinch, that's the first bad side. secondly you can fly through it - if you start jump dash when it starts or soon after it you will fly out of its range - damn annoying - even when sword clearly should hit.
her ranged sword spam is good, but well - most of her combos that i know(no tension/whatever required for them) can deal more damage than this. Its much more worth to save tension/bar/whatever for cancels and first drive.
I have to admit that her Astral Heat is damn awesome - frame of invincibility when using this allows to pull it off even in most hardcore situations(for example Hakumen used his drive to counter my sword and was charging at me i pulled out astral heat when he was near me and it worked - happened 3 days ago when i was fighting with my friend - we had so low hp that one hit would be enough to kill :D(GG veteran)) Range is very short but still it is useful.

Why the fuck we are discussing boring SF in BlazBlue thread?

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-27-2010, 04:18 PM
@DS:

I suppose I haven't been clear enough in my regular bashing of SF on the channel. For that I apologize. I don't care about the number of characters, when I bash SF, I bash it because there isn't any innovation in the franchise.

If you're counting number of characters, BlazBlue is a step backward from Guilty Gear. The roster went from 24 in GG:Accent Core down to 12. Which is completely meaningless because of the way BlazBlue characters are compared to most fighting games.

The Drive system, that dedicated button, makes each and every character in BlazBlue play completely uniquely. There are freezing drives, straight up attack drives, life drain drives, movement-based drives, puppeteer drives, counter drives, and more. One character doesn't even follow the correct Heat/Tension/Super gauge system, his just fills at a constant rate, with boosts by proper counters.

You've played the game in the arcades, you should know. Only Mu and Lambda have very similar movesets, but given the difference in the way their drive attacks work they still play completely differently. I can use Lambda/Nu with a fair amount of effectiveness because she plays similar to my main from Guilty Gear, but in no way can someone go from Lambda and play Mu effectively.

shameless repost:
BlazBlue is much more complex than fighters like Tekken or SF, and even a lot more sophisticated than Guilty Gear.

The game somewhat necessitates the need to main a character. All of them play so completely differently because of the Drive system. For example, Taokaka requires a lot of practice to learn how to fake out and dance around. A lot of her moves simply won't hit purely on who the opponent is (height and stance). She's really fragile, so you have to never be where your opponent expects.

The wonderful thing about that is there is a character who specializes in pretty much every type of play style someone might have. There are zoning characters (Rachel/delta-11, who vastly differ between each other btw), there are mistake punishers (Tager), dancing characters (Tao), mix-up (Litchi/Bang/Hazama, again vastly different between them), dodger/rushers (Noel), pure rushers (Ragna/Makoto), hybrid rushers (Tsubaki), counterers (Hakumen), shotos - like Ken/Ryu (Jin), and more.

The balancing in Contiuum Shift alone was impressive. These are play types that diverge completely, yet ArcSysWorks managed to make the first iteration one of the most balanced franchise launches I've ever experienced. For CT, it was on par with or exceeded SFII:Remix on XBLA/PSN, something Capcom knowingly admitted to not trying very hard to accomplish with SFIV.

Even becoming effective against other human players requires a great deal of practice with a single character, and to become competitive requires true dedication. There may be characters on top of the tiers (and they broke Rachel in CS because of it but will fix it) but actually using them requires considerable time. Rachel in CT was one of the absolute hardest characters to use. Litchi and Bang are "top tier" now, but most people still play Noel and Ranga because they are that much easier to learn.

Compare this to SF. How many shoto characters does SF have these days? I'm not even sure anymore, but at least six. How many does BlazBlue have? One. There isn't all that much variety to the huge SF roster. Ryu has a better projectile, Ken has a better close-range->-aerial, Sakura has a better horizontal sweeping attack, Dan is for people who like to piss other people off, etc. You can't even play BlazBlue characters using the same style without getting your ass kicked repeatedly.

That's why I bash SF in comparison to the ArcSysWorks games. Lack of innovation in the scope of 2D Fighters. Calamity Trigger made huge headway in console netcode by reducing lag (in my experience flawless), Continuum Shift added more tutorials and modes that most reviewers have ever seen in-game to let beginners enjoy too (Beginner Mode is for people who need to button mash), while keeping the incredibly hard modes (Score Attack/Challenge) intact for those who really want to strive for perfection in their skills.

SF keeps true to its roots for consistency of the experience, but at the cost of bringing the genre forward.

Xelbair
Sun, 08-29-2010, 10:58 AM
One thing annoys me in this game - why i have to listen to English VA when playing online even through I've set Japanese ones?

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-29-2010, 01:43 PM
One thing annoys me in this game - why i have to listen to English VA when playing online even through I've set Japanese ones?This only makes me want to destroy the people who can only play Ranga harder. Same goes for the Jins and Noels, all the Easy Button characters (probably being played in Beginner Mode too).

Xelbair
Sun, 08-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Easy Button can ruin the game :( Ragna is not so annoying - Noel is the worst i think.
Today i once again heard my friend's rage that he can't get close for long enough to my Nu with Hakumen to finish me off. I just love Nu's QCB+D in air, along with proper control of her swords it is deadly.. but one mistake and my hp goes down to 1/5...and i do make mistakes a lot when i have to TK the QCB+D sometimes making ground one.
I've lately been trying to learn more of Nu's close range skills - it's a bit hard but can save your life.

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-29-2010, 05:28 PM
At least for me anyway, the Noels are a lot easier. The Rangas get too close for Litchi to operate properly (stupid HC inputs), and it is hard to constantly keep them at bay.

There are way too many people who use Noel's Drive as a combo button, and not as a dodge as it is meant to be. A dedicated Noel user can wipe the floor with most people by simply taking less damage. You just can't get a hit on her when they use the right drive moves against the corresponding attack.

Your friend doesn't use Hakumen's slice against your projectiles? In CS it makes this huge void space that you take considerable damage for even touching, and if I'm not mistaken, it continues to eat your projectiles.

Sentenal
Sun, 08-29-2010, 05:39 PM
I hope that Lambda(not Lamda) 11 is not very different from Nu :3
I just love to play this character, even through its drivers are not so useful(especially when playing with GGXX#R veteran who played that game for 5 or 4 years) hitting enemy with HCF+D is awesome :D
And her zoning is awesome - if you can control her swords well it is really hard to reach you(especially with Hakumen) and her followup FF or BB is great for escaping :3

Lambda is more or less just Nu rebalanced. Lambda isn't broken in half in CS like how Nu was in CT. In fact, Lambda doesn't even have an Unlimited Version, since her "Unlimited Version" is just Nu lol

toonice714
Sun, 08-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Gentlemen gentlemen.......all I wanna know is who wants to play??
Xbl:toonice714
Psn: namelessq
Who wants to tangle with the white void and carl?

toonice714
Sun, 08-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Gentlemen gentlemen.......all I wanna know is who wants to play??
Xbl:toonice714
Psn: namelessq
Who wants to tangle with the white void and carl?
I'm off all day tomorrow.

Xelbair
Mon, 08-30-2010, 07:55 AM
well we are playing CT not CS and there is no such slash, or at least it is not in the move's list. he can use his distortion-drive counter to counter swords, but i can easily dodge it. Zantetsu uses too much magatama to be a good counter, same goes for kicks.
Nu is not broken - she requires extreme amount of concentration - one mistake in swords or anything and you can say goodbye to 4/5 of her hp. Bursting is deadly for her - after burst she has even lower defence.

Archangel
Mon, 08-30-2010, 07:59 AM
well we are playing CT not CS and there is no such slash, or at least it is not in the move's list. he can use his distortion-drive counter to counter swords, but i can easily dodge it. Zantetsu uses too much magatama to be a good counter, same goes for kicks.
Nu is not broken - she requires extreme amount of concentration - one mistake in swords or anything and you can say goodbye to 4/5 of her hp. Bursting is deadly for her - after burst she has even lower defence.
Isn't that also true for Ragna? Not in a sense you have to be meticulous about your attacks but how one false move leaves you without half your HP because of his shitty defense

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-30-2010, 03:15 PM
well we are playing CT not CS and there is no such slash, or at least it is not in the move's list.It's not going to be in the special move lists, his normals swat projectiles. Pretty much any C button attack.

In CT it builds his meter just like using his counters, in CS the void appears, and its timer resets every time it eats another projectile.

Sentenal
Mon, 08-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Actually she is. "Requiring concentration" doesn't make a character worse. Nu is one of the best characters in CT, only losing out to Rachel and I think Arakune.

Xelbair
Mon, 08-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Arakune and Rachel are my worst nightmares, along with Jin.
Carl is the most broken one - he has the endless loop.
I'll give that advice to my friend, Ryll, if he gets better i'll get better too after fighting him.

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Carl is also one of the hardest characters to play. Anyone who can pull off the CT endless juggle loop deserves to win.

Beating Rachel is easy (coming from someone who mained as her). Get in close and your only problem will be the electric chair. Rachel will beat you in anti-air, and if she can't get her traps out, it is tough for her to win. Stopping George is child's play with Nu, just use her normal drive attack when Rachel is bringing him out, you'll be at the perfect range. Both Nu and Rachel are zone characters, but Nu can hit Rachel faster. Unlike most characters, Rachels will usually be in Nu's optimum range (because it also happens to be Rachel's) for her normal Drives and a good number of her specials. Arcade Boss Nu was always a nightmare for me.

Xelbair
Tue, 08-31-2010, 06:46 AM
Most problematic thing for me is her wind - it always moves me out of range - also I'm not that good melee fighter with nu yet - I have long way to go.
Well - what if someone can only pull off endless loop? he caught me in it once but i wasn't stupid enough to fall for same trap again and I won the whole match - still i had OMGWTF look at my face when it was happening.

P.S. Archie - i still can't get used to that D in BB stands for Drive not for Dust - that caused confusion..

RyougaZell
Thu, 09-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Platinum the Trinity screenshots

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/002-2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/001-1.jpg

And Valkenhyan will be debuting on September 21st

Source (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/09/blazblue_cs2_announced/)

Marik
Tue, 09-21-2010, 03:47 AM
Valkenhayn 6-10 Challenges (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzk6iJAsrbk&fmt=22)

Distortion Drives and Astral Heat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz-O3tlCvYg&fmt=22)

RyougaZell
Tue, 09-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Valkenhyan released early I assume. He was supposed to be released until today, but I noticed Version 1.02 online yesterday. I wasn't in the mood to wait for it to download... and Sony also released a new firmware, so I just played offline yesterday (story mode).

I'll download the update and buy Valkenhyan today.

Though Im still dissapointed they don't have story mode.

Have you heard if there are plans for Story mode for Makoto, Valkenhyan and Platina?

Marik
Tue, 09-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Have you heard if there are plans for Story mode for Makoto, Valkenhyan and Platina?

Nah, I haven't heard of any plans for that. They probably won't have stories until BlazBlue 3.

RyougaZell
Tue, 09-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Nah, I haven't heard of any plans for that. They probably won't have stories until BlazBlue 3.

Which sucks since they seem to have their attention currently centered on the Arcade Port of the Console Version (dubbed Continuun Shift 2)

And holy heck... the Imperator, Relius, Jubei, Kokonoe, Phantom... we got tons of Story Mode only characters that deserve to have a playable character next.

Marik
Wed, 09-22-2010, 01:55 AM
Looks like Japanese PS3 owners will be the only ones with the dlc for a while. The 360 version was already delayed in Japan, because they couldn't get the data to load and now it's delayed for both systems in North America.

The Valkenhayn DLC in North America was originally scheduled to happen like this: The 360 version would be released on the same date in NA and Japan, and the PS3 version would be released on 9/28. Unfortunately, Arc has only recently discovered some complications with the code, and the release has been delayed. Unfortunately this is all we know currently, but I will update this topic with more information as we receive it.

Patch Notes.

System changes & bug fixes

Trophy/Acheivement update w/ Valk DLC
Faster matching speed in Ranked Matches
Fixed a problem where some effects didn’t disappear, which made the game have to process more info.
On Kagatsuchi Port (Rain) stage, fixed a problem where an environmental sound effect didn’t play correctly
Fixed a problem where under certain circumstances if you choose Makoto in Player Matches the character select screen glitched.
Fixed a problem in training mode where sound effects may not stop under certain conditions.
Game now autosaves after completing each mission in challenge mode, you no longer have to go back to the main menu to save progress for that.
Now when clearing score attack, your final score is displayed.
Fixed the problem where in Legion mode DLC character portrait icons appeared, even though they’re unusable in Legion mode.
In network mode it remembers the last character you chose, and defaults to them.
On network mode results after matches, “Used character PSR” and “Top PSR” information is displayed.
Fixed a problem where in Ranked Matches / Quick Match the matching system would lock up and not advance.
When training in ranked / player matches, on the character select screen you can now hit select/back to return to the room.
Fixed some typos.

Character adjustments & bug fixes

Fixed a problem where after George gets hit by Carl’s Cantabile special, he started acting oddly.
Fixed a problem where when using Taokaka’s DLC colors, the displayed effects became distorted.
Fixed a problem where icons sometimes did not display correctly near the health guage when Nirvana dies.
In challenge mode, when using Λ -No. 11-′s gravity well, the gauge auto-refills.
Fixed a problem which caused v-13′s ghost merging with ?-11 during her intro vs. Ragna to display incorrectly.
Fixed a problem where if you pause during Tsubaki install the sound effect loops.
Fixed a problem where under certain conditions after using Hazama’s Jakou the effects didn’t disappear properly after the move executes.
Fixed a problem where Hazama didn’t use the correct voice set vs. certain characters in Network Mode.
Fixed a problem with V-13′s voice set in Network Mode.
Changes made to how Makoto’s Space Counter (Parry) functions.
Changed something about how holding the D button to charge Makoto’s Big Bang Smash and Planet Crusher.
Changes made to Makoto’s beginner mode.
Fixed a problem where during Makoto’s Planet Crusher Astral her crest effect didn’t display.
Fixed the problem where after getting hit by Makoto’s Planet Crusher Astral you could still move around sometimes.

PS3 Specific fix:

Fixed a problem where after clearing score attack and uploading your score, it wasn’t registered.

360 Specific fix:

Fixed a problem where PSR was added during Player Matches.

RyougaZell
Wed, 09-22-2010, 08:26 AM
I hate the fact that Akysys not only charges more for the DLC on PS3, but they also release them after the other console. That's not equal.

Anyway... I played against a Valkenhyan yesterday. The guy must have been Japanese. And he must have been testing the character cause I won with no problem <___<.

I also managed to score my first Astral Heat on an online match :D

Wow at the bug fixes. Hadn't notice any of them <___<

Marik
Mon, 11-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Have you guys seen the OP for CS II yet? If not here it is..

BLAZBLUE CONTINUUM SHIFT II Opening HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-6QECCPCAc&fmt=22)

Here's one that's subbed, but the video quality is terrible.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift II Opening-ENG lyrics(SUBBED) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnmFzXt5Xlw)

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-22-2010, 01:29 PM
mediafire or direct download?

Any news on when Platinum will be released for PS3? I know they are delaying here because they haven't been able to integrate Valkenhyan to the Xbox360

Marik
Mon, 11-22-2010, 01:32 PM
mediafire or direct download?

Huh!? They're YouTube links.

No one has a release date for Platinum yet. Continuum Shift comes out in Europe on December 21st, so they'll probably release them around the same time.

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Huh!? They're YouTube links.

No one has a release date for Platinum yet. Continuum Shift comes out in Europe on December 21st, so they'll probably release them around the same time.

Youtube is blocked here. I'll wait until I get home at night.

And it sucks about Platinum. I've been looking for an excuse to play again.

Marik
Sat, 12-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Valk is finally coming to the 360 :). Now I can finally pick up the game. I wasn't gonna purchase it if they couldn't release him. His purchase price is reduced for 5 weeks also.

Arc System Works has released a title update for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. This will address the Ragna freezing bug that popped up after Valkenhayn Hellsing was introduced into Continuum Shift.

On December 7, Xbox 360 owners will finally be able to purchase Valkenhayn Hellsing as downloadable content. As an apology for the wait, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift players can purchase the DLC pack for 320 Microsoft Points ($4) between December 7 and January 10, 2011. Afterwards, Arc System Works will raise the price to 560 Microsoft Points ($7), which puts Valkenhayn on par with Makoto another DLC character.

Ryllharu
Sat, 12-04-2010, 12:50 PM
This is great news! Hopefully us poor 360 owners will have no issues with Platinum when she's ready for release.

RyougaZell
Sat, 12-04-2010, 12:57 PM
And hopefully us PS3 users aren't punished again because the Akysys team working on the Xbox360 failed again. Platinum was pushed indefinitely on PS3 because of this issue ¬¬

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-14-2010, 09:46 AM
I just pre-ordered this

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/5778/figmoe2374.jpg

AmiAmi (http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=FIG-MOE-2374&template=default/product/e_display.html)

Marik
Sat, 12-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Aksys is discounting a barrel of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift downloadable content. The sale starts on the Xbox Live Marketplace on December 20 and runs until January 7, 2011.

During the period you can get additional character colors for half the price. Downloadable characters like Makoto and Valkenhayn are almost half-off. The sale starts on January 4 for PlayStation 3 owners and runs until January 25, 2011.

Here’s a more detailed list of what goes on sale when.

http://home.comcast.net/%7Esupergotenks/bbcssale.jpg

---

Platinum will be released in Spring 2011.

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Continuum Shift II coming to... PSP

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/12/19/blazblue-continuum-shift-ii-shifting-to-psp/

Archangel
Tue, 12-21-2010, 04:26 PM
The slowdowns will be glorious

Marik
Sat, 01-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Continuum Shift II coming to... PSP

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/12/19/blazblue-continuum-shift-ii-shifting-to-psp/

It's gonna be on 3DS also.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II Shifting To Nintendo 3DS (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/07/blazblue-continuum-shift-ii-shifting-to-nintendo-3ds/)

Marik
Sun, 01-09-2011, 01:48 AM
BlazBlue Continuum Shift II SONG ACCORD 2.rar (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=184902) - DDL (http://www.fileserve.com/file/8bgrkGh)

Tracklist:
01. Shinsou - 4:36 <- CS II OP Song - My favorite on here.
02. Butterfly Sky - 4:27
03. Don't Look Back - 5:20
04. pinky promise - 2:13
05. Alexandrite - 4:26
06. Howling Moon - 3:51
07. Active Angel - 4:11
08. Comedy - 2:23
09. Uprising - 2:23
10. Premonition - 2:11
11. splash - 2:30
12. RUN - 2:28
13. re:stung - 2:13
14. Lakeside - 2:23
15. Breeze - 2:07
16. sword of doom - 5:13
17. Audience - 2:00
18. DIMENSION SHIFT - 4:02
19. Shinsou -Instrumental- - 4:33

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KDSD-407

bagandscalpel
Sun, 01-09-2011, 05:33 AM
05. Alexandrite - 4:26
06. Howling Moon - 3:51
07. Active Angel - 4:11

Personally, as much as I applaud Daisuke for experimenting, I do feel he's rather lost a bit of his touch that made his songs instantly memorable.

That said, Active Angel would probably fit right into the Guilty Gear sound collection.

Marik
Thu, 02-03-2011, 07:06 PM
A close look at the various modes in the 3DS and PSP version of the arcade fighter. (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/02/bazblue_cs2_screens/)

Story mode features nineteen stories. Seventeen come from BlazBlue Continuum Shift. Two are new for CSII. One of the new stories tell how heroines Noel, Tsubaki and Makoto met.

I'm interested in playing through that. Here's hoping they add that to the console version somehow.

Here's a comparison article also.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift II: 3DS VS PSP (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/01/blazblue_cs2_3ds_vs_psp/)

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-03-2011, 08:13 PM
A close look at the various modes in the 3DS and PSP version of the arcade fighter. (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/02/bazblue_cs2_screens/)

I'm interested in playing through that. Here's hoping they add that to the console version somehow.

Here's a comparison article also.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift II: 3DS VS PSP (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/01/blazblue_cs2_3ds_vs_psp/)
I too hope for a DLC for the consoles... and Platinum... I don't want to buy the game for neither PSP or 3DS

toonice714
Thu, 02-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Still no air dash or forward dash for tager :(

Marik
Mon, 02-28-2011, 06:06 PM
There was a conference at the World Game Cup in Cannes, France this weekend that featured Toshimichi Mori and Daisuke Ishiwatari, the creators of BlazBlue and Guilty Gear. There's a video of the conference up on UStream. (http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/12954543)

BlazBlue related questions...

Q: Is the BBCS2 DLC for console coming ?
Mori just answers "Kimasu" (coming) in the mic, and then mutters something that the spokesperson translates into "It's definitely coming, but he just doesn't want to say when. It will be either really cheap or free."

Q: Will there be a new GG ?
-Yes.

Q: Is a Guilty Gear x BlazBlue planned ?
Mori: Right now there's no plan about it.

Q: Will BlazBlue's chara design continue being as over-the-top as it as been so far, or is it going to favor a more serious tone in the future ? Because Makoto and Platinum are just "fun-looking" characters, just like Taokaka. (He then says that these characters remind too much of fan-service, and are closer to Arcana Hearts and loli-style than a serious style.)
Mori: What is planned right now is that more loli-like characters won't appear, and starting from now on, there'll be a lot more serious-looking character. But it doesn't mean that a character with pink cat ears and tail will never come out.
(He then asks "Who likes Kokonoe here ?!", and the spokesperson translates that into "Who likes that kind of character ?"...)

Q: Will Tager ever be a good character ? That's the third episode he's the weakest, is there any way you make him broken in the next game, please ?
Mori: No. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/images/smilies/custom/smile.gif

---

Non-Blazblue related questions

Q: What about Hokuto no Ken 2 ?
Mori: Please ask Sega. *giggles*

Q: What are your favourite video games of all times ?
Ishiwatari: Hard to choose, but I'll say Donjon Master and Tomb Raider 1.
Mori: Vampire Hunter (Darkstalkers), Gears of War and Tekken.

Q: In Capcom & SNK games, the new characters are more focused on original moves and gameplay, while in GG & BB, characters are more focused on being original, things that we have never seen before. Where do you find inspiration ? Are you getting your inspiration from other things ?
Ishiwatari: When we create a new character, the first thing we think about is the character's range, and choose either the character will fight close or far form the opponent, and then the "type of character" is defined. Then there's a lot of inspiration from anime and mangas from the time being.
Mori: I'm just going under Ishiwatari's influence.

Q: In your opinion, what's more important : the design or the gameplay ?
Mori: We first focus on the fact that the character has to fit the physics and the system of the game. Then we think about the design.
Ishiwatari: It's still hard to tell which one arrives first when we think about creating a new character. (He means that sometimes it happens that he has a character design idea before even knowing how he'll fight)

Q: How do you feel when you are in a French tournament, if you compare it to Japan ? Are you happy to be here ?
Ishiwatari: I was surprised by the atmosphere. The fact that players are teasing each others is fun.
The spokesperson translates then "There's that in Japan too, but here, the atmosphere is top tier".
Mori: In SBO there are similar matches where there's a lot of motivation and when everyone's yelling and etc.

And then the Stream went down.

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Arc System Works, developer of Guilty Gear and Arcana Heart, has confirmed that a new high-definition BlazBlue title is in development.

“We’d get booed if it doesn’t release,” BlazBlue director Toshimichi Mori told Eurogamer. “So that means yes. We’re not saying when, but [a new HD BlazBlue] will be coming out.”

Currently, the fighting game series has seen three releases — BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger and BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, and DSiWare’s BlayzBloo: Super Melee Brawlers Battle Royale. A four release — BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II — has only been released in Japanese arcades, as of yet, but PSP and 3DS ports have been announced.

Source: ScrawlFX (http://scrawlfx.com/2011/03/new-hd-blazblue-in-development)

Marik
Fri, 03-11-2011, 12:09 AM
They want to make a new BlazBlue, they aren't already making it. From Mori's twitter.. http://twitter.com/#!/zatuyoP

ちょっと聞かれたので。ブレイブルーの「新作」にかんして「作りたい」とは言いましたが「作っ てる」とは言 ってません。・・・世の中色々厳しいのです・・・本当に・・・マジで。 #blazblue

"something you guys should hear this, regarding the 'upcoming' NEW blazblue game. I stated that (we) "WANTS TO MAKE it" and NOT (we are) "MAKING it" there's some harsh things going on in the world...really..."

Marik
Tue, 03-29-2011, 01:39 PM
There's a title update coming for the Xbox 360 version to fix the glitched Valkenhayn achievements. There will be a full announcement soon.

http://blazblue.jp/topics.html#topics200

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-30-2011, 09:15 AM
There's a title update coming for the Xbox 360 version to fix the glitched Valkenhayn achievements. There will be a full announcement soon.

http://blazblue.jp/topics.html#topics200

By the time they release Platinum I don't think I'll buy her. Bah. Ridiculous delays.

Ryllharu
Wed, 03-30-2011, 02:56 PM
By the time they release Platinum I don't think I'll buy her. Bah. Ridiculous delays.
For how long she's taken and for how long we 360 users couldn't get Valkenhayn at all, Trinity had better be free.

RyougaZell
Wed, 03-30-2011, 08:50 PM
For how long she's taken and for how long we 360 users couldn't get Valkenhayn at all, Trinity had better be free.

I simply can't understand why it took them so long to release Valkenhayn on the 360. The delay was ridiculous. And then I beleive it was buggy when released. Worse.

What is more idiotic is to punish the PS3 fanbase (by delaying Valk a month and Platinum forever) because their 360 programmers sucked

Marik
Fri, 04-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Play: Arc System Works Interview (http://www.play-mag.co.uk/general/arc-system-interview/)

The part I found interesting....

PLAY: Didn’t the BlazBlue DLC do well though?
TM: Reception was not very positive, however we made lots of money doing it [laughs]. Looking back it probably should have been slightly cheaper. The limitations of downloadable content – for instance Microsoft’s is 2GB – meant we had to abandon a plan to sell the game with only four characters at a relatively small price and then sell the additional characters separately. That’s something I planned that didn’t materialise, but it’s something that I still hope to be able to do sometime.

Marik
Fri, 04-15-2011, 08:41 AM
Arc System Works is about to roll out BlazBlue: Continuum Shift version 1.03. This update has a number bug fixes and network tweaks. The game enhanced counter measures to deal with players who disconnect during a ranked match and you can also select other characters while waiting for an online fight.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift version 1.03 also rebalances all characters so it’s like BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II as of April 15.

While this update enables Platinum the Trinity, she is a separate downloadable character. You can purchase the additional character for 560 Microsoft Points ($7) on Xbox 360 or 800 yen ($9.50) on PlayStation 3. Only Platinum the Trinity herself will be in the game, she will not come with her storyline.

Here’s a quick list of the BlazBlue: Continuum Shift download schedule for Japan:

On May 10

Title Update for the Xbox 360 version. (11.1MB – free)
Platinum the Trinity will be available for Xbox 360 (761MB – 560 Microsoft Points)
System Version Data Pack Ver. 1.03 for Xbox 360 (761MB – free)

On May 12

Update Patch for PlayStation 3 (431MB – free)
Platinum the Trinity will be available for PS3 (2.5MB – 800 yen)

Source: Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/04/14/new-patch-rebalances-blazblue-continuum-shift-adds-platinum-the-trinity)

I hope we'll be able to take the extra characters through Arcade mode. I've been doing that on PSP to rank up.

Edit: There's a PDF (http://blazblue.jp/images/topics/0415_Platinum/platinum.pdf) about Platinum's release on Arc System Works' FTP.

JP 360 Release date for Platinum DLC + v1.03: 5/10 (560points)
JP PS3 Release date for Platinum DLC + v1.03: 5/12 (800yen)

Patch Notes:

[System] Console version will be equal with the April 15th arcade build.
[System] Fixed bug where selecting mode might cause the game to freeze.
[System] Fixed bug when Mu's certain motion cause the display color to be messed up.
[System] Platinum character addition.
[System] Platinum Trophy/Achievement Data.

[Network] PSR will be displayed in match.
[Network] Can select different characters for training mode while waiting for ranked.
[Network] Can cancel network match after battle preparation screen.
[Network] Ranked match specifications changed.
[Network] Netcode improved.
[Network] Added more simple messages inside player matches.
[Network] Valkenhayn will get additional experience. (Xbox 360 only)
[Network] More penalty's against rage quitters
[Network] Ranked mode version changed to v1.03.

[Challenge] Challenge mode updated to CS2 standard. Previous competitions transfer over.
[Challenge] Changed how meters recover where gauge/meter is required.

[DLC] Unlimited Platinum and DLC Colors will be included with DLC purchase of the character.

[Arcade] Platinum will not be available and no additional scenarios.

[Legion] Platinum will not be available.

[Story] No additional scenarios for Platinum.

Boooo @ still can't use them in other modes. :(

Edit 2: Aksys: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Patch V1.03 Coming This May (http://www.aksysgames.com/2011/04/15/blazblue-continuum-shift-patch-v1-03-coming-this-may)

RyougaZell
Sat, 04-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Bah. Im skipping Platinum then.

bagandscalpel
Sun, 04-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Funny, Platinum's the last chance the game has to get me hooked.

Marik
Mon, 04-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Bah. Im skipping Platinum then.

I'm starting to feel the same way now. I think they're leaving out Arcade, Legion, and Story mode usage just to get people to buy the handheld versions. PSP and 3DS are the only ways to get the full CSII experience, which is sad because I want to play it in full HD on my TV.

werewolfgold said:
Will we be able to use the new characters in Arcade or Legion mode? If not, is that ever in the cards?

No, it can't be used in Arcade or Legion mode. As for whether or not that will ever happen... That's pretty much up to Arc, and they haven't told us anything so far.

Aegis_high said:
Will the new CSII opening movie be included in this patch?

Sadly no, I am told it will not.

The following is unofficial, which means you can't get mad at me if it's a little off: The patch + Platinum should release simultaneously with Japan for the 360 (May 10th), but the PS3 version won't show up until later—hopefully the 3rd week of May.

If you have any other questions, let me know and I'll answer what I can.

RyougaZell
Tue, 04-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Seriously... Makoto was very fun to use, but I wanted to use her on Story Mode and Arcade... not online and versus online. I barely touched Valkenhyan as well.

If they included the story mode for the 3 characters on this update I would have bought them without a doubt.

At this point, the PSP version (I won't buy a 3DS until next year) seems better, despite the obvious price difference.

Marik
Tue, 05-10-2011, 09:05 AM
Platinum the Trinity and System Version Data Pack <Ver. 1.03> are up on 360. (760.92mb)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjcOOva8N04

RyougaZell
Tue, 05-10-2011, 10:27 AM
760mb? And no story mode? Fail

Marik
Tue, 05-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Ugh, I hate Platinum's dubbed voice. She sounds like a boy instead of a girl. I was sitting here trying to figure out where I had heard that voice before and then realized it was Trunks' voice.

RyougaZell
Tue, 05-10-2011, 02:41 PM
I've never used the English dub of BlazBlue for sanity reasons.

Though... while I haven't heard Platinum's voice yet... I can't agree with you there.

Laura Bailey is one of my favorite game english voice actress.

She's done:

Rise - Persona 4
Luca - Ar Tonelico II
Platinum - BlazBlue
Raspberyl - Disgaea
Cloud of Darkness - Dissidia
Serah - Final Fantasy XIII
Minako (Female Protagonist) - Persona 3 Portable
Sherry - Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles
Reimi - Star Ocean Last Hope
Welch - Star Ocean Last Hope
Isara - Valkyria Chronicles

Marik
Wed, 05-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Noel is going to be playable in a Queen's Blade game. I can understand them adding Mai Shiranui to it, but Noel isn't as top heavy as the rest.

Bandai Namco revealed that Noel Vermillion from the BlazBlue series will be playable in Queen's Gate: Spiral Chaos. The game will also introduces two new systems: DPS (Destiny Punish System) and KKK (Watch System). DPS allows you to shoot out mysterious liquid to the rival during the battle, and the KKK system will kick in when you start observing the rival and make her panic.707

Source: The Magic Box (http://the-magicbox.com/1105/game110510c.shtml) & andriasang (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/05/11/queens_gate_systems/)

Archangel
Wed, 05-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Oh wow, her complex is gonna skyrocket

darkshadow
Wed, 05-11-2011, 09:23 PM
That game actually looks really good, too bad it's psp only since I'm a big banpresto fan.

Marik
Thu, 05-12-2011, 11:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvLVbtnqf9A

1) Wallbounce Glitch - The wallbounce glitch is a glitch where, if you satisfy certain conditions, attacks that would otherwise wallbounce the opponent will lose their ability to do so.

2) Camera Scroll Glitch - This is a glitch where, if you cause the camera to move a lot right when the camera tries to return to its original/previous position after a super that causes the camera to move/shift (Arakune's "f of g", etc.), the camera won't scroll properly.

3) D Confutatis Maledictis (236236D) Glitch - If you hit Tsubaki with very specific timing during 236236D, then only the attack's visual effects will remain [no hitboxes].

That game actually looks really good, too bad it's psp only
I'm starting to get interested in this. I was watching a gameplay trailer just now and saw that Emilie from Tekken is in it. The trailer had Dizzy (GG), Mai (FF/KOF), Kasumi (DOA), Ivy (SC), Iroha (SS), and Junko from Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou in it as well. I'll probably give it a try if they release a demo.

RyougaZell
Tue, 06-07-2011, 09:56 AM
BlazBlue Continuum Shift II coming to PSVita

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/07/vita_blazblue/

Since I skipped Platinum on PS3 and Continuum Shift II for 3DS and PSP... maybe I'll get it for PSVita. Rumors (outside the article) state story mode will be expanded even more on the PSVita.

EDIT:

Confirmed. BlazBlue Continuum Shift II Plus for Vita will have 6 new scenearios.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/07/blazblue-continuum-shift-ii-plus-revitalized-for-playstation-vita/

Marik
Sat, 07-02-2011, 03:21 PM
We’re About Halfway Through The BlazBlue Saga (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/01/were-about-halfway-through-the-blazblue-saga/)

The plan was to finish the series with the next title, but at the moment it’s getting pretty hard to wrap everything up.

Ryllharu
Sun, 07-03-2011, 12:40 PM
The next game can't come soon enough!

Please let it have Kokonoe as a playable character. With her lineage, she has to be awesome. Aside from the DLC characters, I don't know who else they can add. Relius/Ignis?

Also...make Rachel playable again.

Marik
Mon, 07-04-2011, 10:21 AM
The next game can't come soon enough!

I hope they take their time with the next console release. I'm still bitter over the fact that we didn't get a real version of CSII on consoles. Not being able to use the three DLC characters outside of Versus and Training is a joke. It's especially annoying to me now after seeing how well integrated the DLC characters are on Mortal Kombat. I've fought Skarlet in Single and Tag Ladder modes, and she has an ending.

I'll gladly wait for them to release however many arcade versions they feel the need to in order to get a complete version on consoles. I wish they had waited to bring over CSII with all the stuff that the PSP version has, instead of releasing CS. Especially since it came out so soon after CT. I could have waited an extra year.

RyougaZell
Mon, 07-04-2011, 02:26 PM
And don't forget the rumor that says that the BB:CSII version that is arriving on PSVita will have an expanded story mode...

Marik
Tue, 07-05-2011, 01:18 PM
And don't forget the rumor that says that the BB:CSII version that is arriving on PSVita will have an expanded story mode...

On that note...

BlazBlue Producer Toshimichi Mori Talks About Continuum Shift II Plus For Vita (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/04/blazblue-producer-toshimichi-mori-talks-about-continuum-shift-ii-plus-for-vita)

Marik
Wed, 07-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Relius Clover has been announced as a playable character in the upcoming BBCS2+ for PSVita.

Relius is Carl Clover's father, and he is credited with creating the Murakumo units, as well as turning his daughter Ada into Nirvana. While very little of his gameplay has been revealed, he appears to have a doll gauge similar to Carl's gauge for Nirvana, so it's possible that he controls a doll like Carl but has a different fighting style. Rumors on the street are that loketests for this PSVita version will begin in Akiba next month.

Edit:
Relius Clover will be added to the Arcade version of CS2 via an update this Winter, and it mentions possible plans for a DLC update for the console versions as well. His gameplay will be similar to Carl’s, as he will fight by controlling his battle puppet, Ignis. A loketest is scheduled for August 11 at Akihabara Hey!

Relius Clover
Height: 186 cm
Weight: 75 kg
Birthday: June 1
Blood Type: A
Birthplace: 2nd Hierarchical City Iwatsuchi (Austria)
Hobbies: Research
Dislikes: Unorganized bookshelves
CV: Junichi Suwabe

Backstory:
Showing interest in nothing but research, Relius is a man utterly devoid of affection, even towards his own son, Carl. He has a methodical disposition and hates bookshelves that are in disarray. He arrived in the 13th Hierarchical City Kagutsuchi under orders from a high-ranking member of the massive world government, the Novus Orbis Librarium, to observe the activities of Hazama, a member the very same organization’s Intelligence Department.

RyougaZell
Wed, 07-27-2011, 08:42 AM
Between the PSVita version and getting him for DLC... I incline towards the PSVita version since he will be featured from start and will probably have a plot, like Makoto, Valkenhyan and Platinum. And most importantly... he'll be usable on arcade mode.

RyougaZell
Thu, 08-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Relius Clover 'over the shoulder' video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0KsQc-Tt0s

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-12-2011, 03:28 AM
Hmm, interesting that Ignis seems more automated than Nirvana is but with a much shorter life gauge (she goes into repair mode after only 5 or 6 moves in the first round). Should make the learning curve a little easier, but definitely reduces the flexibility that Carl and Nirvana can pull off.

Marik
Wed, 08-24-2011, 12:07 AM
andriasang: PlayStation Vita BlazBlue Has New Characters and Modes (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/24/blazblue_vita)

I wasn't going to post that until I read this....

Famitsu also reveals that Extend is due for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It's possible that the shared save data is between the Vita and PS3 versions of Extend

If we can use all of the characters in every mode and it's budget priced, I will get it.

Edit: andriasang: BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend Also Due for Xbox 360 and PS3 (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/24/blazblue_extend_ps360)

Marik
Fri, 08-26-2011, 02:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5jEA2kSemk

Ryllharu
Fri, 08-26-2011, 03:47 PM
I am buying a PS Vita. No question now.

Marik
Mon, 09-26-2011, 07:42 AM
Silconera posted a couple of BlazBlue CS Extend related articles.

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend Launches On Consoles And Vita Simultaneously (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/26/blazblue-continuum-shift-extend-launches-on-consoles-and-vita-simultaneously)

Arc System Works Will Extend BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend With DLC (http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/26/arc-system-works-will-extend-blazblue-continuum-shift-extend-with-dlc)

/me prays that there won't be $8 dlc characters that can't be used outside of online, versus, and practice.

Xelbair
Mon, 09-26-2011, 01:55 PM
./me has added PS Vita to must buy list.

RyougaZell
Mon, 09-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Argh... more DLC characters? Oh well...

Marik
Thu, 01-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Arc System Works Europe and PQube have announced BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend will include the original Calamity Trigger storyline.

The Calamity Trigger story will be retold with new and remastered scenes to freshen up the experience. In total, the game's story mode will have 23 individual character stories, some with multiple endings. Completing a character's story mode unlocks a final story that has a 'True Ending' to the overall BlazBlue story.

Also included are two bonus stories, 'Sector Seven' and 'Academy', which give players insight into the two main factions of the BlazBlue universe. Fans of the 'Teach me Miss Litchi' and 'Help Me Prof. Kokonoe' comedy skits will be pleased to hear both will be returning, complete with Chibi BlazBlue characters.

Finally, BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend will have new stories for Makoto Nanaya, Valkenhayn R Hellsing, Platinum the Trinity and Relius Clover.

The game is being released on February 14, for $39.99 or 59.99 for the limited edition. The limited edition for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 includes a 40 page art book, soundtrack CD, and a 2012 calendar.

Soundtrack CD Tracklist:

01 SOUKYU no HIKARI
02 Shinsou
03 Gluttony Fang
04 Condemnation Wings
05 Sword of Doom
06 Alexandrite
07 Howling Moon
08 Active Angel
09 Plastic Night
10 Endless Despair
11 Nightmare Fiction
12 Memory of Tears
13 X-Matic
14 Cross Line
15 Pandora Tears
16 Childish Killer
17 Blue Bloom

Edit: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend DLC Adds Extra System Voices (http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/12/blazblue-continuum-shift-extend-dlc-adds-extra-system-voices/)

Marik
Sun, 08-05-2012, 07:40 AM
The title, dubbed BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma, will supposedly feature three new characters, updated costumes for the other fighters, and a variety of tweaks and additions to the existing movesets. While it’s unclear at the moment if this is an entirely new game, the plethora of changes would lead one to assume it is.

The new release will be titled Blazblue Chrono Phantasma.
There’s reportedly a lot that’s been changed in the game. The neutral poses have been redrawn for all the characters, and their costumes are even different. Of course they also have new moves.
Noel has a different weapon and she doesn’t wear a cap this time.
Tsubaki seems to be the version that’s fallen to the dark side.
Hazama has a new DD
The BGMs seems to be different as well
Three new characters will be added in: Amane, Barret(Bullet?), Azrael. Amane fights with something like a cloth, Barret looks a bit like Makoto, Azrael is muscular.

Arc System Works designer Toshimichi Mori confirmed (https://twitter.com/zatuyoP/status/232046267671384064) the title on Twitter.

Source: SRK

I'm glad I didn't buy Extend.

darkshadow
Sun, 08-05-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm glad I did buy extend, now I can just wait again till Chrono Phantasma extend.

Archangel
Sun, 08-05-2012, 11:29 AM
But then what about Chrono Phantasma Extend Alpha 3?

Marik
Sun, 08-05-2012, 12:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=8_O9VIUmmiQ&amp;hd=1

The game currently has a winter 2012 arcade release window. In addition, there will be a location test at Akihabara Hey in Tokyo on August 6. Below you can catch the trailer shown at BlueFes, courtesy of Famitsu.

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Holy shit. Liking Noel's new look, and she seems to have some substantial changes to her movelist, but was really caught my eye was at 1:34. Rachel can send the electric chair through the frog now! She needed a severe redesign after they ruined her in CS.

Noticeably absent is Nu/Lamda, though. One make sense to be excluded, the other doesn't.

Amane looks fun to play, a mix of Hazama and Litchi. Also appears to be a cross-dresser. More importantly, voiced by Ishida Akira, which is awesome. Bullet looks fun, wonder exactly how she plays. Maybe a slightly easier Makoto rushdown style? Azrael looks like a GG Johnny-type character. Not my type, but a nice addition.

Tao looks to be lovingly unchanged. :3

Still hoping for a playable Kokonoe, but she should have a dramatically expanded role anyway given where CS left off, with both Phantom and the reveal of what technology she hangs onto in her bunker.

Marik
Sun, 08-05-2012, 10:07 PM
1324 1325 1326 1327

System Changes

No more gold bursts, replaced by new system called overdrive.
Defensive bursts still in though.
Crush trigger: during certain moves, press A+B to crush your opponents guard. Won’t work on barrier guard though, and costs 25% heat

Overdrive Details

It increases your native strength. It fills up over time, then when its full you can activate it.
At low health it lasts longer, and will freeze time when used.
Each character has their own overdrive.

Overdrives

Ragna: Blood Kain Idea
Jin: Frost End (All attacks involving yukianesa freezes opponents again)
Noel: Chain Quasar (Increases speed of drive moves)
Rachel: Erufreed(?) (increases speed of slypheed gauge recovery)
Tao: Almost becoming two!
Tager: Voltic Field (forces magnetism on opponent)
Litchi: Daisharin <simplified> (direction+ D causes staff to move in desired direction)
Arakune: Crimson Deeps (extends curse duration)
Bang: Furinkazan
Carl: Syncro High Speed (strengthens Nirvana)
Hakumen: Kishin (increases magatama rate, can cancel D counters into special moves, but cannot perform guard crushes)
Tsubaki: Second Install (install gauge automatically fills up over time)
Hazama: Jormungand (strengthens drive attacks, gets unlimited haz’s life steal ring)
Makoto: G.Impact (all impact moves are done at lvl3 )
Valkenhayn: Andross(?) Wolf (quickly accelerates wolf gauge recovery)
Platinum: Magical Heart Catch (removes limit on number of uses of weapon summoned with drive)
Relius: Maximum Dance (increases Ignis gauge recovery)
Amane: Cyclone (all drive attacks are at highest level)
Bullet: Heat the Beat (always in Heat Up state)
Azrael: Mind Colosseum (all attacks act like they hit weak points)

Character Changes

Taokaka (via XDest)

Aerial 236236D (yunizon nyaibu!!)
Overdrive: AB2
236C has a B followup (Cat Spirit 3: Encore!) Sounds like it does the same thing as 236A.

Ragna (via Zephyr)

Overdrive: Blood Kain Idea
New command: Blood-scythe 214D (can be done in air)
Dead Spike changed to 236D *thanks to sG*

Jin (via Zephyr)

Overdrive: Frost End
Sekkajin is now 22C, had additional follow up (press D, costs 25 heat)
New command: Hizansen 214C in air
New command: Hizangeki 214D in air (25 heat)
Getsumei can be done in air now

Noel (via Zephyr)

Overdrive: Chain Quasar
New command: Chamber Shot 236C
236C in air now has follow up (2C)

Marik
Wed, 11-14-2012, 01:55 PM
The latest issue of Famitsu has revealed a new playable character in BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma named Izayoi. Advertised as Tsubaki’s “True Form,” Izayoi has two modes of combat at her disposal. Her normal mode employs a hard zoning strategy while she builds her “Reishiki” meter. Her second mode, Gain Art Mode, can be entered by pressing the Drive button and uses this meter to grant her improved mobility and specials.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma – New Character Izayoi Revealed, Arcade Release Date Set for November 21st (http://shoryuken.com/2012/11/14/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-new-character-izayoi-revealed-arcade-release-date-set-for-november-21st/)

Xelbair
Wed, 11-14-2012, 06:06 PM
I want it... now :3

Marik
Tue, 12-11-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxU3kRd0vsk&amp;feature=player_embedded