PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 436

Kraco
Thu, 02-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Orokamono:

Episode 436 - Yibis (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=32935)

- - - - - - - -

There wasn't a single moment during this fight that Luffy would have had my sympathies. While I'm all for saving Ace, at least he should think every now and then if getting himself killed is really helping Ace at all. After answering such a simple question he could do already much wiser things than in this episode. I know Luffy is a hopeless idiot but nobody is that stupid. Honestly. Especially considering how he knew beforehand Magellan is poisonous (Mr. 2 told him) and he should have realised based on his experience that fighting logia types isn't that easy (though that he might not have noticed so early but it would still allowed him to try to escape or come up with a better plan).

Death13a
Thu, 02-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Running away was not an option as Magellan would catch him, attacking him with everything he had was his only choice. Even if Luffy escaped all Magellan had to do was wait outside of Ace's prison for Luffy.

Assertn
Thu, 02-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Magellan's not a logia. Luffy's initial attack was enough to bring him down to his knees, after all.

Sentenal
Fri, 02-05-2010, 12:13 AM
Magellen is a Paramecia type, just a extremely powerful one. Ace can't really get rescued unless Magellen is defeated, so avoiding a fight with him is pretty much impossible.

Kraco
Fri, 02-05-2010, 02:28 AM
Magellan healing his wounds looked exactly like the logia types we have seen before. Was that just faking the effects to increase Luffy's despair? Although he seems like a smart villain so I'm not saying that couldn't be exactly the case. He did receive the first punch, after all, although that could have been faking it as well, or just some surprise effect.

Well, doesn't change the fact I was disappointed he didn't come up with a way to defeat Magellan like he did against Crocodile, for example. Instead he just kept attacking with his bare fists, even after experiencing firsthand it was of no use whatsoever and only weakened him, not the opponent.

Watching that single-minded stupidness, I kept hoping Luffy gets beaten because it would have been too unfair otherwise.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 02-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Maybe he couldn't have run, but he didn't have to get back up after Magellan had started walking away either. Of course you knew he would because he's a Shounen hero.

The smart thing would have been to get up after Magellan left, and then go find some antidote.

Now supposedly he's SO poisoned he's beyond antidote.

Anyway, like I said, I knew he wasn't winning this fight cause it's too early in the arc for Luffy to beat the big bad.

Kinda wishing they'd get on with letting out Mr. 1. You know they're gonna.

TwisT
Sat, 02-06-2010, 06:01 AM
I still think Magellan is a Logia. If you look at the properties of the material they are made of, they are affected differently by kinetic energy. Energy such as fire, electricity and light are unaffected by kinetic force since it doesn't have any mass. Smoke is just particles in the air or polluted air. It's also unaffected by kinetic energy. Ice has solid mass and is affected. But it's fragile and too much kinetic force and it shatters. Sand has mass, but the grains of sand does not stick together and that could be the loophole I'm looking for as to why Crocodile don't feel and damage at all from a punch. Gravity isn't even worth explaining since it will be a wall of text.

Now Magellan is a thick liquid. Like cream or slime. Liquid absorbs kinetic energy. And the thicker it is the more it absorbs. Therefore i think that if you would punch Magellan in the gut, he might lose his breath for a moment, or wanna puke. But as for any real bodily damage he would be unaffected. And any damage would heal itself in a matter of seconds. Just like the twin jet pistol craters in his chest just fixed itself.

Kraco
Sat, 02-06-2010, 07:47 AM
The damage could also be healed if he's a paramecia of extreme control. That is, he has actually made his clothes out of his own poison, which would also explain why hitting him barehanded is a suicide.

Although like I said earlier, his antics could be more easily explained by a logia power type. But I don't think we really know yet with absolute certainty.

Assertn
Sat, 02-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Logias are supposed to be immune to physical attacks, with the exception being specific attacks that exploit a vulnerability in their element. Blackbeard even pointed that out as a difference between him and other logias.

Luffy's punches should have been able to pass through Magellan, and then the poison just fills in the gaps.

TwisT
Sat, 02-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Well are you saying Aokiji is not a logia? I don't really remember them saying that but his powers and the fact that he was reduced to a pile of snow and iceshards and he reassembled himself afterwards to me point at him being a logia. And attacks didn't go through him. They shattered him. And at one point when Sanji, Zorro and Luffy all attacked him at the same time they all connected all thought after they hit he counted them by freezing them. His body reacted differently because of what his body is composed of. I certainly don't wanna believe a paramecia can can be reduced to basically dust and then then just reassemble at a whim.

BTW another thing have been thinking about is the fact that Luffy has rubber properties. Shouldn't his rubberskin have protected him from physical contact? Sure he should still be affected by breathing it but i mean when you handle acids and poisons you use rubber gloves. Shouldn't his skin have acted as a protection? Give Luffy a gasmask and he should have been immune to Magellan's attacks. Maybe just an oversight from Oda's part. Maybe he's just a man after all.

Death13a
Sat, 02-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Magellan is not logia but paramecia type that borders very closely to logia. Magellan does take physical damage from attacks and can heal quickly using poison , he can manipulate poison but not transform into poison( distinctive trait of logia) otherwise he would infect luffy and transform inside of him.

Assertn
Sat, 02-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Aokiji can shatter and not be phased by it.
Magellan was in physical pain from Luffy's attack.

Very different responses. Even if there isn't sufficient evidence to prove he's a paramecia, there isn't any to prove he's a logia. But, logia is much rarer and follows a narrower list of characteristics that define an ability as logia. Therefore I'd be of the mindset to presume not until proven otherwise.

Sentenal
Sat, 02-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Magellen is just as much of a Logia as Mr. 3 is a Logia.

Also, Magellen's poison as been show strong enough to melt stone, so I wouldn't think that Luffy being rubber would be enough to insulate him.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 02-07-2010, 05:04 AM
...and can heal quickly using poisonThat's the part that makes no sense.

Assertn
Sun, 02-07-2010, 01:53 PM
That's the part that makes no sense.
That was also a presumption on Death13a's part