PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 573

Marik
Thu, 02-04-2010, 10:59 AM
INP

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zwney1dzjoi) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/at6y8w) | One Manga (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/573/01/)

animus
Thu, 02-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Man, I honestly can't predict Oda at all.

Assertn
Thu, 02-04-2010, 11:54 AM
It would make sense for Ace to die here, but, shit.... since they went so far as to actually free him... I kinda want him to stick around now.... :/

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Holy shit.
After all that we saw... after all that Luffy went through... after everything Ace dies at the end? Oda is a fucking genius.

I too would have liked for he to stay... but Ace's demise would definitely make a big impact on Luffy.

animus
Thu, 02-04-2010, 01:34 PM
At the beginning I was predicting, "There's no way Ace is gonna die, but I'm sure Whitebeard will." Once Ace got saved last chapter, I was like Yep looks like how I thought it'd turn out, especially with Whitebeard making his last stand.

Then Oda throws this in. ODA WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN...

Kensee
Thu, 02-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Oh wow, I really didn't see that coming. I thought this chapter would of been just Whitebeard rampaging around then getting killed at the very end after taking half the marines down with him.

What's going to happen to Luffy? After seeing his brother die he just might snap and tap into that power he has inside him. Would be amazing to see him take out an Admiral.

poopdeville
Thu, 02-04-2010, 03:56 PM
I hope that Whitebeard sinks Marinford, and that the admirals survive because Aokiji makes an iceberg island. But maybe Akainu melts through it and drowns.

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Strangely enough, I like Aokiji and Kizaru's characters. But I can't stand Akainu. I hope he dies painfully.

Oh yeah... he did kill Robin's family / friends

Carnage
Thu, 02-04-2010, 05:30 PM
I want next week. Now.

Assertn
Thu, 02-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Strangely enough, I like Aokiji and Kizaru's characters. But I can't stand Akainu. I hope he dies painfully.

Oh yeah... he did kill Robin's family / friends
Robin's mom was killed by that CP9 guy's dad.
The ship Akainu blew up was just a bunch of noname villagers that hated Robin.

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-04-2010, 08:51 PM
Ah... you are right.
Though I still dislike Akainu.

FireEmblem
Thu, 02-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Well, we don't know that Ace is dead yet. This could be like something to show Luffy go nuts and beat the shit out of Akainu with a Haki Jet Gatling or something and maybe have it get caught on the den den mushi for the whole world to see. Or maybe that's just what I'm hoping for.

RasenDori
Thu, 02-04-2010, 09:13 PM
...when this war began I thought to myself "This is where someone HAS to die in One Piece. If Oda doesn't kill Ace or Whitebeard I will be disappointed." ... I never imagined he would do both. A bow to Oda, he is the man.

Sentenal
Fri, 02-05-2010, 12:10 AM
I can't imagine Ace would die at this point... I mean, I think Ace will probably be like at an inch of his life right now, but I don't think he will get finished off. But I do want Luffy to just go crazy and beat the crap out of Akinu

Belial
Fri, 02-05-2010, 06:56 AM
there is going to be a whole lot o whining when Ace survives this :) and i am 99% he will

next chapter Luffy goes crazy, will be fun to watch, and am i the only one who likes Akainu ?

I mean he is just a first class bastard / manipulator, he knows how to push peoples buttons

Splash!
Fri, 02-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Damn, Akainu may be inline for a promotion. He manipulated Squadro into killing Whitebeard and now manipulated Ace into coming back to face him when he and the rest were trying to escape. Clearly, he his made a bigger impact to this battle than anyone else. Then there's Sengoku, who apart from his yelling, really hasn't done much, even when Luffy was right infront of him.

Archangel
Fri, 02-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Too awesome for words, i'll try to post something better next time

poopdeville
Fri, 02-05-2010, 11:03 PM
One Piece needs more perma-deaths. I have always said this. Bad asses, like Ace, Luffy, Whitebeard, and Blackbeard, are bad ass because they fight bad asses like the Admirals, Shichibukai, and Impel Down officers. The bad asses aren't so bad ass if the other bad asses aren't bad ass.

So, as much as I like Ace, here's hoping he's dead. *raises beer to Ace*

UChessmaster
Sun, 02-07-2010, 12:02 AM
I`m expecting Ace to get out of this one by getting rescued and then healed by Ivankov, she WAS right next to them wasn`t she? if she can heal Luffy from an incurable poison, she can cure a hole in the chest for sure.

rockmanj
Mon, 02-08-2010, 01:06 AM
Hmm correct me if i am wrong, but can't logia users heal themselves by turning into their element completely?

Assertn
Mon, 02-08-2010, 03:10 AM
Hmm correct me if i am wrong, but can't logia users heal themselves by turning into their element completely?
Well, if it was that easy, then Luffy would not have been able to beat Crocodile or Enel.

Sentenal
Mon, 02-08-2010, 04:15 AM
They can avoid damage that way, but they can't really heal themselves like that. I don't think it works that way, though I might be wrong.

rockmanj
Mon, 02-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Well, if it was that easy, then Luffy would not have been able to beat Crocodile or Enel.

Hmm, maybe; but it seems like if their weakness is exploited, and they are still conscious, then they could in theory revert to their element and restore their body. For instance, if immediately after the attack, Ace is able to turn himself into pure flames; maybe when he re-forms he will have a torso again.

Belial
Mon, 02-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Crocodile would have an arm and no scar if that was the case

you can avoid taking damage if you turn into your element before you take it, if someone stabs you in the heart while you are in sestone handcuffs / you are in physical form for this or that reason (asleep, want to be in pysical form) you are just as dead as any mortal even if they take them of after the fact

UChessmaster
Mon, 02-08-2010, 06:33 PM

you can avoid taking damage if you turn into your element before you take it, if someone stabs you in the heart while you are in sestone handcuffs / you are in physical form for this or that reason (asleep, want to be in pysical form) you are just as dead as any mortal even if they take them of after the fact

I beleive you can`t get hit simply by being asleep or not knowing you`re getting hit and that you turn into your element automatically, remember back in Arabasta Luffy hit Crocodile when he wasn`t looking twice i beleive and he turned into his element even though he clearly wasn`t expecting it.

rockmanj
Tue, 02-09-2010, 12:38 AM

Well, he didn't always have a devil fruit. Its the same with Luffy. He got the scar before he ate the gum gum fruit And where was Marco shot at? It had to be a pretty serious shot; yet once he got the cuffs off of him, it appeared that he was fine.

Sentenal
Tue, 02-09-2010, 01:51 AM
No, its just because people like Crocodile have trained their Devil Fruit power so the invulnerability thing is pretty much just a reflex. I'm pretty sure this was stated at some point. Like take for example, Smoker and Ace. Both are Logia. In Alabasta, they were in some restruant, arguing or something, and then Luffy randomly bursted into the room, knocking both of them through several walls/houses. They had to be physical form/tangible when that happened, otherwise Luffy would have just ran through them. So that would have had to happen because they were taken by surprise, and didn't think to turn into their element to avoid the crash.

Augury
Tue, 02-09-2010, 02:23 AM
When people talk about how logia devil fruits work, the scene in Alabasta with Smoker and Ace seems to always get eventually cited. The counter-argument is that that particular scene should not be considered seriously because it's a comedy sequence.

Instead of citing various examples for how the mechanics work, I think the bottom line is that Oda can do whatever he wants with his story and characters, but he chooses to be consistent most of the time. I mean come on, imagine if someone sent in an SBS question to Oda and asked about how Crocodile got his scar if he's a logia user. He'd probably respond in a funny way while sidestepping the question.

Belial
Tue, 02-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Well, he didn't always have a devil fruit. Its the same with Luffy. He got the scar before he ate the gum gum fruit And where was Marco shot at? It had to be a pretty serious shot; yet once he got the cuffs off of him, it appeared that he was fine.

Well Marco is a different thing altogether, its just as someone has the "heal heal" fruit, sure he could use it to heal after, but most logias can't heal afaik (same with Enel and jump starting his heart, anyone with paddles could do that, but no every logia would be able to jump start their heart and his last thought was probably "i want to live, i want to live, must live", so his unconscious mind was choosing to jump start it)

And Luffy is not logia, he can still get a scar / get his head cut of no problem

not 100% sure for being asleep, but i think you have to make a conscious choice to be in "element" form (and make the particles of that element resemble your "normal" body) so it doesn't matter if you get hit from behind and don't know your getting hit ... you would chose to be in your "element" form in any battle

if you chose to be in your physical form you can still get hurt / scared and it will stay, and that is what Ace chose so he could stop the magma punch

maybe i am just over thinking it tho

UChessmaster
Tue, 02-09-2010, 07:31 PM
not 100% sure for being asleep, but i think you have to make a conscious choice to be in "element" form (and make the particles of that element resemble your "normal" body) so it doesn't matter if you get hit from behind and don't know your getting hit ... you would chose to be in your "element" form in any battle

if you chose to be in your physical form you can still get hurt / scared and it will stay, and that is what Ace chose so he could stop the magma punch

maybe i am just over thinking it tho

Then there would be no point in being in "normal" mode when you can be in "element form that looks normal" 24/7, notice crocodile was not expecting to fight when he got hit at ALL, he was having dinner or w/e.

As for Ace, he got a hole through his chest cause magma is apparentelly his weakness just like water to sand.

Sentenal
Tue, 02-09-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't really get how Fire is weak to Magma. I mean, it seems more like a plot device weakness, but whatever. Other things like "Rubber>Lightning" and "Water making sand stick together" actually making sense, but come on...

UChessmaster
Tue, 02-09-2010, 08:05 PM
http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/573-45/14

Magma burns flames up so it seems. Yeah, i guess it is more of a plot device, but there`s your reason for Ace to get hit by Akainu.

Sentenal
Tue, 02-09-2010, 08:27 PM
I know that's the stated reason, I just don't think it actually makes sense. Fire can't get burnt by magma since its just energy, hence plot device weakness.

Archangel
Tue, 02-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Not really, it's a matter of temperature with Ace's red flame being nothing more than an incomplete combustion while most magmas are in the range 700°C to 1300°C

Basically the magma overtakes the fire which translates as damage in Logia terms

Carnage
Tue, 02-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Not really, it's a matter of temperature with Ace's red flame being nothing more than an incomplete combustion while most magmas are in the range 700°C to 1300°C

Basically the magma overtakes the fire which translates as damage in Logia terms

I think people have actually asked the science section on 4chan, and they said that lava traps oxygen or something.....I wasn't there for the actual explanation, but according to them it makes sense that lava beats fire. Who knew.