PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 481

Marik
Thu, 02-04-2010, 04:02 AM
SleepyFans

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hh5wgcdjzgj) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/qa8f54) | One Manga (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/481/01/)

Death BOO Z
Thu, 02-04-2010, 05:00 AM
so

in theory, Danzo could have killed all his teammates back in the flashback mode, and then come home and say "he told me I'm the new hokage?"
no council of elders? no written will?

Marik
Thu, 02-04-2010, 05:19 AM
I'm just glad to see that Sasuke wasn't trying to save Karin last week, when he told her stay still. He's starting to look more and more like a true villain, but he needs to kill off someone good.

Sakura should be the first good person that he kills off. The further along this manga gets, the more idiotic she becomes.

SilentSnake
Thu, 02-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Sakura should be the first good person that he kills off.

Killing Karin was a mistake, but if he kills Sakura he's all redeemed as far as I'm concerned :D

darkshadow
Thu, 02-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Did Akamaru just "meow" lol? xD.

Wren
Thu, 02-04-2010, 08:17 AM
Did Akamaru just "meow" lol? xD.

lol and kiba responded en espanol. quite a few translation jokes in this chapter, but i found them funny :p. if anything due to the flashback sequence this chapter is one that i liked.

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-04-2010, 09:48 AM
I like Sakura's character. I really do. But Im getting annoyed at the crap Kishimoto writes her doing. He really is trying his best to make you dislike her. Damn Kubo-ing.

For a moment I though we would be getting 5 weeks in a row of flashbacks before we saw the real outcome of the battle. It was nice to see it didn't cover half the chapter. And as short as it was it was awesome. We did not only see them in their prime, but we also saw the potential death of the Nidaime plus Hiruzen's ascend to Hokage. Awesome.

Best part, though, was Karin's death. Im happy to see Sasuke did not save her and is indeed way away from redemption. Now I can say what I wanted to say last week. How can people still claim he is good after this? Sure. Karin was a nobody and no one will miss her. But she was defenseless. How can someone who kills a defenseless hostage be able to be redeemed? He already discarded Juugo and Suigetsu leaving them behind... so it was fitting to kill Karin. She was annoying as hell as well.

Marik
Thu, 02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
First post updated with SleepyFans release.

darkshadow
Thu, 02-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Only now I notice the weird ass time jump between the 2 last pages. Since Sai is suddenly with kakashi, does that mean he beat the shit out of sakura? Or Kakashi prolly just stepped in just in time

Marik
Thu, 02-04-2010, 10:47 AM
One of those Sais is a shadow clone.

FireEmblem
Thu, 02-04-2010, 11:09 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if Karin was alive anyway, was found by Konoha, and joined up with Naruto to "save" Sasuke. :p

Unless of course she got sucked into Danzo's jutsu...

Psyke
Thu, 02-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Sucky jutsu looked and sounded like an after thought. :(

Assertn
Thu, 02-04-2010, 12:50 PM
lol typical kishimoto "yay he finally died, but FLASHBACK, he was actually not that bad of a dude!"

I assume the front page is going to be the complete roster of people responsible for the uchiha massacre.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 02-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Dead Karin, dead Danzou, significant step of Sasuke heading down the path of no return? I think this was a nice chapter.

Now Sakura...this bitch canNOT be that stupid to think she's going to "deal with" Sasuke alone. I barely see how she thinks her whole team is going to handle Sasuke. There's only two things she could've been thinking: 1) "I'm tired of life and I'm ready to die" 2) "I'm finally gonna hop Sasuke's bone but barring that, I'm ready to die."

So, she's either suicidal, or a traitor, or both. Kill her off.

darkshadow
Thu, 02-04-2010, 01:45 PM
One of those Sais is a shadow clone.

Only way I see this work if the one with sakura was a clone and it got beaten, otherwise the Sai with kakashi could never know that "there might be a little trouble".
So even then there is a weird little time gap.

animus
Thu, 02-04-2010, 02:04 PM
That was disappointing. I was hoping to see the 2nd Hokage Fight. Especially since he controlled water and all, but it looks like they're making him out to be substandard in terms of strength. Since apparently he died in that flashback.

Pandadice
Thu, 02-04-2010, 02:09 PM
He already discarded Juugo and Suigetsu leaving them behind... so it was fitting to kill Karin. She was annoying as hell as well.

wasn't Tobi the one who snatched Sasuke and Karin away from the kage meeting into his eye time rift thing, and then brought them back out in front of Danzo? so you can't really blame Sasuke for "discarding" the others <.<.

Rikudo
Thu, 02-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I like how Kishimoto 'humanized' Danzo from the flashback. When you look at the situation at a different point. Danzo just wants the best for Konoha albeit in any extreme way possible.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 02-04-2010, 03:06 PM
Danzo was vilified because he was willing to kill and do whatever else necessary for the survival of Konohagakure.

poopdeville
Thu, 02-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Yeah, the point of the flash back was to show that Danzou was always a Konoha-nin, even after becoming a Roots-nin. He was always fighting for Konoha, as dirty and often counter-productive -- like the Kage meeting disaster -- as it was.

RyougaZell
Thu, 02-04-2010, 04:12 PM
wasn't Tobi the one who snatched Sasuke and Karin away from the kage meeting into his eye time rift thing, and then brought them back out in front of Danzo? so you can't really blame Sasuke for "discarding" the others <.<.

Even so... Sasuke didn't seem to mind their absence either.

Whistling
Thu, 02-04-2010, 04:52 PM
I liked seeing a little more history on what made Danzo tick. Wish they had shown the 2nd fight though, would have been interesting.

With that sealing jutsu, it didn't trap either Madara or Sasuke-but it did prevent Madara from taking Shisu's eye. Significant?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Wanting to be Hokage because of some rivalry with Sarutobi? That is hardly putting the village first. He should have known that he does not have what it takes, and that is precisely why Sarutobi was chosen. Him wanting to become Hokage after that was his own selfish ambition bred from his jealousy towards the 3rd. So while I extremely hate the humanization of villains in stories (just because it is too common of a trend nowadays), I guess I only moderately hate this flashback.

I am glad that Karin is dead. I hope Sakura dies soon, too.

Assertn
Thu, 02-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Danzo and Sarutobi always had their differences on how the village should be run. Its these differences that is why Danzo didn't like Sarutobi being the Hokage.

Logrus
Thu, 02-04-2010, 08:47 PM
I liked the flashback of Danzous life :)

Tho it was rather spontaneous the way he gave him the Kage title, hope naruto gets it in a better fashion.

Assertn
Thu, 02-04-2010, 08:51 PM
I liked the flashback of Danzous life :)

Tho it was rather spontaneous the way he gave him the Kage title, hope naruto gets it in a better fashion.
I'm under the impression that it was already previously established that Sarutobi would be the heir. Wasn't there a scene where both the 1st and the 2nd told that to Sarutobi as they looked over the village?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 02-04-2010, 09:11 PM
I think it was clearly established in this chapter that the main motivation for Danzou was his rivalry with Sarutobi. Sarutobi wanted to be the decoy, so he volunteered as well, even after being afraid and unable to do so before. Sarutobi became the Hokage, so he wanted to become Hokage. He even said so right before he died. No matter how Sarutobi ran the village, Danzou will always want to complain, take his seat and surpass him because it wasn't about ideals but rather jealousy.

RasenDori
Thu, 02-04-2010, 09:14 PM
I find it funny that apparently one of Danzou's three man cell team members was an Uchiha. Wonder what he did to make Danzou hate the entire clan. Sleep with his girlfriend?

Idealistic
Thu, 02-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Oh look, there's finally some "ninja" elements thrown back into the story. But wait, that was only in the flashback.

Assertn
Thu, 02-04-2010, 11:32 PM
The flashbacks always seem more interesting than the actual story.

Cal_kashi
Fri, 02-05-2010, 02:24 AM
All I can say is that I am glad Danzou and Karin are dead, and I am pretty danm excited to see Sasuke and Madara get to the leaf. This is gonna rule, I almost feel like Naruto is climaxing. Does anyone else think the final showdown is soon?

redcat
Fri, 02-05-2010, 09:19 AM
karin wanted to be penetrated by sasuke anyway so she has no room to complain.

funny sakura thinks she can take sasuke and tobi at the same time but cant even knock out her team from complete surprise.

Archangel
Fri, 02-05-2010, 01:50 PM
An antagonist getting last minute redemption through a flash back ??? No wai !!

Ok so all the Sasuke fangirls who were supporting last time, where are them bitches now?

Assertn
Fri, 02-05-2010, 06:21 PM
To be fair, Danzo's backstory shouldn't really come as any surprise. I always expected that everything Danzo has done was done for the best interest of Konoha.

I just wish Kishimoto did something remotely interesting with Roots.

Whistling
Fri, 02-05-2010, 06:22 PM
After this is done, I hope we have a break from Sasuke and go back to Naruto. We've been following Sasuke for a while now. From the whole Kage summit blunder, Danzo-to-the death-fight, and now possibly a Sakura confrontation?

I want to see Naruto progress more, to see him meet Killerbee and what could result from that introduction. Though I am not sure if that will happen or not, what with the impending ninja war on the horizon.

FireEmblem
Fri, 02-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Kakashi and Sakura should be next on the agenda. At least based on the interviews with Kishi.

Cal_kashi
Fri, 02-05-2010, 08:51 PM
An antagonist getting last minute redemption through a flash back ??? No wai !!

Ok so all the Sasuke fangirls who were supporting last time, where are them bitches now?

There was no redemption. He was shortsighted and power hungry then, and he died as such.
If anything I felt the flashback justified why he should never ever have been hokage, regardless of his dedication to the Leaf.

Logrus
Sun, 02-07-2010, 05:42 PM
I just wish Kishimoto did something remotely interesting with Roots.

Yeah completely agree with you there was hoping for them to turn out as bad asses with all sorts of secrets and weapons.
But turns out an emo kid beats their leader, and their prodigy(Sai i think) is wearing a tank top from Rocky 2 or 3 ( the beach scene).

So my hopes die here.

Pandadice
Sun, 02-07-2010, 08:55 PM
i dunno, that bug guy was pretty tight, Both of Danzous henchmen were cool actually.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 02-08-2010, 03:52 AM
roots were fairly decent, they just never tied into the story. Other than Sai (who didn't act Roots since 150 chapters ago) and Danzo (who was more of a temporary villain for Sasuke, since Sasuke doesn't fight enough, apparently), they never came into the plot, they hardly got any interaction with someone else.

same problem with Naruto, we hardly see him with anyone new (who appeared after time-jump), so he always appears out from the real plot.

Vegechan
Tue, 02-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Why is everyone assuming Karin is dead? She wasn't in the blast radius, and the only reason Kishi would write it like that is to have her survive. If she was going to die, then there was no reason to have Danzu wander so far away.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af184/vegechan61/Seeitnow.jpg

Archangel
Tue, 02-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Maybe we just wish she is so the Sasuke redemption squad can finally shove it up their asses

poopdeville
Tue, 02-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Why is everyone assuming Karin is dead? She wasn't in the blast radius, and the only reason Kishi would write it like that is to have her survive. If she was going to die, then there was no reason to have Danzu wander so far away.

http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/af184/vegechan61/Seeitnow.jpg

How are you so sure the yellow circle in the first box matches the yellow circle in the second? There's another hole in the bridge's rail, much closer to Danzou's corpse. In fact, in the blast radius. Indeed, the first picture shows part of Danzou's tree in the frame. Which makes the yellow circle in the second box unlikely.

Vegechan
Wed, 02-10-2010, 12:44 PM
How are you so sure the yellow circle in the first box matches the yellow circle in the second?

Well, there are the two very large columns that have designs engraved into them. While, yes, there is another hole, you don't see the part of the large column that is a part of it. In the first picture you clearly see the column, and a large chunk missing. In the zoomed out parts, you clearly see the hole goes into the column. Also, based on the perspectives, the tree is on the right in the first picture, but on the left from the top down view. That's the only spot that works.

The only problem here, is Danzo's tree near the columns seems to disappear. Might be an angle thing, but it should be there. Mainly, you only need the first two panels to prove the location, the last panel was to show how far Madara managed to wander off before he blew up.

Karin isn't dead, at least not yet, and I suspect we'll see that in the next chapter. Either she'll get her flashback and die, or Sasuke will be like "lol, I redirected the chidori in your body to avoid vitals" or some other Deus Ex Machina.

FireEmblem
Wed, 02-10-2010, 01:47 PM
He's right actually, I hadn't noticed Danzou walking away. They probably would have shown her getting sucked in anyway.