PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 480

Marik
Wed, 01-27-2010, 04:03 PM
SleepyFans & Franky-House

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mizwdqmw1nd) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/msd3ao) | One Manga (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/480/01/)

fahoumh
Wed, 01-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Please tell me this is finally it for Danzou. And what's the significance of Sasuke's left-eye Mangekyou right before the final stabbing? Did he perform Tsukuyomi?

Sidnne
Wed, 01-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Did Sasuke really just kill Danzou with a lazer beam? /sigh.

I really hope Danzou isn't dead yet. I wanted him to have a bigger role in the story than just serving as a means to Sasuke's revenge.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 01-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Sasuke killing Karin seems off to me. Although if they want his character to truly become a villain it really is what you must do.

redcat
Wed, 01-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Did Sasuke really just kill Danzou with a lazer beam? /sigh.
pretty sure thats his chidori beam thing he's been using like every fight for a while now.

seems sasuke is taking after alucard with his regard to hostages. he's not a vampire tho unless that's one of his other surprise sharingan hax

Asakura50
Wed, 01-27-2010, 06:52 PM
everything else from pg 14-15 and after....Awesome!!!! Im glad Sasuke has gone crazy! Now this manga can get interesting and character growth and resolve can change. Hey maybe now we will get a bad ass fight between Naruto and Sasuke!

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Sasuke most likely did not kill Karin. He told Karin not to move, probably because he decided to pierce through her without hitting her heart (or other Narutoverse vital organs) and causing instant death. Danzou's comment about the chidori beam thing hitting his heart seems to allude to this possible conclusion. It seems a bit pointless to tell Karin not to move if he wanted to kill both of them the next second. It's not like Karin can manage to escape (or do anything for that matter) in such a short moment.

That was actually a pretty good conclusion to the fight, with Sasuke's weaker Tsukuyomi turning the tides with proper usage. A good strategic triumph using a known technique after all the barrages of hax powers that pop out from nowhere.

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-27-2010, 08:34 PM
I was really pumped after seeing Sasuke kill Karin for his stupid quest and was ready to tell all the Sasuke-supporters to give a reason to still say he is redeemable.

And then I read Shinta's post.

God damn Kishimoto is probably doing that very same thing Shinta just said. Bleh.

Oh well.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-27-2010, 09:32 PM
I find it odd that Danzou actually needs to visually check the Sharingan though. Karin said that his chakra dropped significantly each time an eye closes, and I am pretty sure one can feel if their chakra gets depleted so suddenly. Why is there even a need to visually confirm it? Danzou should have felt each eye closing along with the chakra drop, and he should have known that the last eye closed even with the fake Tsukiyomi.

I guess they can simply give the excuse that the chakra comes from the eye itself and Danzou cannot feel the change. Then again that poses another set of inconsistencies so I will just give up and forget about this whole matter.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 01-27-2010, 10:07 PM
I find it odd that Danzou actually needs to visually check the Sharingan though. Karin said that his chakra dropped significantly each time an eye closes, and I am pretty sure one can feel if their chakra gets depleted so suddenly. Why is there even a need to visually confirm it? Danzou should have felt each eye closing along with the chakra drop, and he should have known that the last eye closed even with the fake Tsukiyomi.

I guess they can simply give the excuse that the chakra comes from the eye itself and Danzou cannot feel the change. Then again that poses another set of inconsistencies so I will just give up and forget about this whole matter.

The point is that Tsukiyomi can control their sense of time and space. When Itachi did it, a blink of an eye felt like 72 hours of torture for Kakashi. So it makes sense that with the distortion of time for Danzo, that he would still think he is good to go.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-27-2010, 10:27 PM
True, but that still does not answer why he needed to check them visually in the first place. Madara even explicitly commented (in several panels no less) that Danzou had to look at the eyes to know if it they were still open, and that was reason Sasuke came up with his plan.

It is a good excuse to say that Sasuke fooled Danzou's sense of reality including his own understanding of his remaining chakra. It is unfortunate that is not the excuse given in the manga.

UChessmaster
Wed, 01-27-2010, 11:06 PM
True, but that still does not answer why he needed to check them visually in the first place. Madara even explicitly commented (in several panels no less) that Danzou had to look at the eyes to know if it they were still open, and that was reason Sasuke came up with his plan.

It is a good excuse to say that Sasuke fooled Danzou's sense of reality including his own understanding of his remaining chakra. It is unfortunate that is not the excuse given in the manga.

I`m guessing he can notice when there is a chakra drop but he`s not really counting how many eyes are down, especially with sasuke constantly pressuring him.

Sam98034
Wed, 01-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Even though Karin is probably still alive, I'm sure she's still pretty sketchy about what he just did.

I think it's extraordinarily fair and accurate to say that Naruto would do the exact same thing with Sakura...

deadlydreamx
Wed, 01-27-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm under the impression this is a tsukiyomi in the end because isnt the left eye amaterasu and the right tsukiyomi? Even tho his left eye was bleeding his right eye is the one that looked towards danzou n karin right before he killd em both.

Assertn
Thu, 01-28-2010, 12:02 AM
Honestly, I think it was more appropriate for Sasuke to kill Karin than to let Danzou get away. One thing that's been bugging me for just about as long as team hawk's been around... what makes these guys so special that Sasuke will do what he can to protect them, yet simultaneously be so willing to cast away his bonds with team 7?

The answer, of course, is that he only cares about teammates for as long as they bring him closer to his goals. As soon as Karin became an obstacle, it was time for her to go away.

xtallography
Thu, 01-28-2010, 02:11 AM
Karin is too valuable in the on demand chakragasm for Sasuke to kill her off. Danzo was basing the situation on the idea that Sasuke wouldn't hurt a teammate and Sasuke used that to his advantage. Based on height you'd guess that it went through Karin above her heart and just below her neck. Granted, Sasuke has the crazy eyes in that last panel so maybe he really doesn't care.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 01-28-2010, 03:36 AM
hi, Kishimoto finally got the genjutsu thing right! amazing coinceidense, since this fight was filled with nothing but crap.

check out the cover page, it's Sasuke going super saiyan, again,
oh, Karin, Karin,when will she learn she's too good for these guys, and join the less stupid Naruto team?

Idealistic
Thu, 01-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Woowwwww.... I so hope Naruto kills Sasuke.

depthcharge
Thu, 01-28-2010, 08:24 AM
It is disturbing to see Sasuke's outlook turning for the worst. From the looks of things, he is going to kill all the people in Konoha, probably even down to the very last babies.

Assertn
Thu, 01-28-2010, 11:44 AM
There's also the possibility Danzou is still under genjutsu...

EpyonNext
Thu, 01-28-2010, 12:50 PM
There's also the possibility Danzou is still under genjutsu...

That would mean that Sauske's genjutsu also tricked Madara. Considering how little Madara think's of Sauske's power, I doubt that this is the case.

If it is, then we could start walking down the "oh-shit-my-apprentice-out-power-leveled-me-while-I-wasn't-looking" scenario.(I.E. Madara trying to kill Sauske at a convenient time because he's gone from asset to threat).

samsonlonghair
Thu, 01-28-2010, 01:00 PM
I was tired of Karin anyway. I hope she stays dead.

rockmanj
Thu, 01-28-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm guessing he just pierced Karin's lung; as she is quite shorter than Danzou. But it would be kinda cool if he was that much of a dick to Kill her as well.

unandpw
Thu, 01-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Karin will get an orgasm out of this. She's a masochist. :p

Pandadice
Thu, 01-28-2010, 07:40 PM
that was a pretty cool fight. man sasuke vs naruto is gonna be so awesome D:

but i can't wait to see sasuke take out Homura Mitokado (http://myanimelist.net/character/22648/Homura_Mitokado) and Koharu Utatane (http://myanimelist.net/character/22649/Koharu_Utatane).

Cal_kashi
Thu, 01-28-2010, 08:32 PM
I think there is no way Karin is dead. For that matter, I doubt Danzou is either... yet.
Also, Sasuke needs to jar up all those Sharringans for later.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-28-2010, 08:49 PM
But those eyes are already blind and useless, unless he wants to keep them for something else, like a memento he can look at when he wants to feel all victimized and refresh his hatred and darkness.

Pandadice
Thu, 01-28-2010, 09:12 PM
does Sasuke know about the whole going to war with the ninja world thing? when's Madara gonna inform him of that? I wonder what he's gonna think of it <.<

Sidnne
Thu, 01-28-2010, 11:12 PM
man sasuke vs naruto is gonna be so awesome D:

No, its going to be absolutely terrible. It will be so hyped that Kishi will try to live up to it by pulling all of kinds of ridiculous, over-the-top garbage sparking mass forehead-slapping moments of embarrassment for the readers. Plus, it will probably drag on for 3+ years ala any Bleach battle.

Sam98034
Fri, 01-29-2010, 12:33 AM
Danzo is chocking her by holding her with his left arm. His heart is probably right by her shoulder; think about it. It might also be between her arm and breast, which wouldn't be too hard to avoid, so she might not even be hit.

My logic is flawless...besides the whole "Sasuke sacrifices Karin for his revenge!!! And enters true darkness..." but lets ignore that.

There's gonna be more sentimental moments before she dies.

Edit: The flawless logic bit was sarcasm, idiot--thx for the neg rep.

Pandadice
Fri, 01-29-2010, 01:12 AM
yeah, when i first saw it i thought of the scene at the end of Live Free Die Hard, where the guy like shoots himself through his left shoulder to hit the guy behind him in the heart or something.

Psyke
Fri, 01-29-2010, 01:18 AM
Danzo will bite Karin and revive himself.

Cal_kashi
Fri, 01-29-2010, 02:52 AM
But those eyes are already blind and useless, unless he wants to keep them for something else, like a memento he can look at when he wants to feel all victimized and refresh his hatred and darkness.

what about his right eye's Mangekyo?

Edit: my bad shinalhikari. You're right.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 01-29-2010, 04:55 AM
That can possibly still be used, but you said:

Also, Sasuke needs to jar up all those Sharringans for later.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-29-2010, 05:01 AM

hey, who said he can't get a final moment of happiness?

the way she screams... :D

SilentSnake
Fri, 01-29-2010, 09:19 AM
I just realized that Sasuke might have told Karin to not move because then Danzou would struggle with her and therefore - he'd move as well, which would mean that Sasuke could miss his heart.

That would fit considering his crazy eyes in the panel prior to the last one and the "sacrifice" comment.

itadakimasu
Fri, 01-29-2010, 11:04 AM
I think this might lead to another upgrade in sasuke's sharingan, which I think madara is ultimately waiting for.

He's leading sasuke down this path to get him to open up some kind of new sharingan before harvesting his eyes for himself.

Assertn
Fri, 01-29-2010, 11:48 AM
If its not consensual then that's just wrong.

Idealistic
Fri, 01-29-2010, 08:12 PM
Orochimaru is not dead. Believe it.

Patriot
Sat, 01-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Orochimaru is dead, the snake that got away being burnt by Itachi's black flame and dying was symbolism of that. Unless you mean his reincarnation through that Medical Ninja that hung out with him...Whose name escapes me right now.

What is really sad is that Kakashi looks like he is far far behind in the whole eye wars thing. And he is the new hokage. We need to see a power up for Kakashi or there are way too many characters out there that could own the Leaf's Hokage.

isso
Sat, 01-30-2010, 06:36 AM
Orochimaru is dead, the snake that got away being burnt by Itachi's black flame and dying was symbolism of that. Unless you mean his reincarnation through that Medical Ninja that hung out with him...Whose name escapes me right now.

What is really sad is that Kakashi looks like he is far far behind in the whole eye wars thing. And he is the new hokage. We need to see a power up for Kakashi or there are way too many characters out there that could own the Leaf's Hokage.

Kabuto.

Yupp, and what the f.. is kishi thinking giving Sasuke sharingan haXX... What the f.. is Naruto to do when fighting Sasuke, cuz Narutos biggest disadvantage is that he's really bad against genjutsu users.. I think Sasuke is overpowered by now..

darkshadow
Sat, 01-30-2010, 09:12 AM
How is he far behind? So far he is the only one who can shoot those rediculous mini black holes, and unless your name is E (raikage) you won't be sidestepping that anytime soon.

Pandadice
Sat, 01-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Kabuto.

Yupp, and what the f.. is kishi thinking giving Sasuke sharingan haXX... What the f.. is Naruto to do when fighting Sasuke, cuz Narutos biggest disadvantage is that he's really bad against genjutsu users.. I think Sasuke is overpowered by now..

Well Naruto just needs to get perfectly synced with his 9-tails, like the 8-tails was. Then Sasuke's genjutsu are useless. like how they were on Bee.

Idealistic
Sat, 01-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Well Naruto just needs to get perfectly synced with his 9-tails, like the 8-tails was. Then Sasuke's genjutsu are useless. like how they were on Bee.

But I thought the whole bs excuse for the timejump was the discovery that Naruto doesn't/shouldn't have to rely on the 9-tails? Now all of a sudden he needs to rely on the 9-tails again? Continuity ftl. It was cool when Naruto had to rely on the 9-tails though..... to me that's what made him special.

Pandadice
Sat, 01-30-2010, 03:56 PM
i mean, i don't think he should need to tap into the 9-tail's chakra or use the cloak thing to win fights. especially now that he has sage mode and everything. But as far as keeping the thing around to help him out of genjutsu, I think that'd be pretty smart.

digitalrurouni
Sat, 01-30-2010, 11:44 PM

Kabuto? I have a feeling I am in agreement with you. Orobuto is the new entity and I have a feeling he will be making a comeback soon.

poopdeville
Mon, 02-01-2010, 03:12 AM
But I thought the whole bs excuse for the timejump was the discovery that Naruto doesn't/shouldn't have to rely on the 9-tails? Now all of a sudden he needs to rely on the 9-tails again? Continuity ftl. It was cool when Naruto had to rely on the 9-tails though..... to me that's what made him special.

I think Naruto is already immune to a lot of genjutsu, since he can see natural energy.

rockmanj
Mon, 02-01-2010, 12:58 PM
I think Naruto is already immune to a lot of genjutsu, since he can see natural energy.

when was that explained? I don't believe I remember anything like that being said by anyone.

poopdeville
Mon, 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM
It's not explained anywhere. I just think it's true, based on what we know about genjutsu and Sage Mode.

Naruto can see Natural Energy. Nobody but the Senju (and their close friends, like Jiraiya's family, apparently) know about Natural Energy. Using genjutsu means putting "your" chakra into the enemies brain, to manipulate what they experience -- see, hear, taste, smell, touch. They can't manipulate a kind of vision they don't even know about.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/409/11/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/414/08/

Also, think about how he found Pein after their battle. He stuck a chakra rod in his hand and used his Sage Mode vision to track the chakra back to Pein. One of Pein's bodies turning into a frog statue supports this idea, at least tangentially.

rockmanj
Mon, 02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
That seems like a bit of a stretch...I realize that it is a different type of energy, and is difficult to manipulate and control, but there is nothing concrete that says a sage cannot be caught in genjutsu. I cannot say for sure one way or another.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 02-01-2010, 05:10 PM
not like it matters... he can crack any illusion with the ninetails, well depending on if he knows how, or how quick he can learn.

UChessmaster
Mon, 02-01-2010, 06:08 PM
not like it matters... he can crack any illusion with the ninetails, well depending on if he knows how, or how quick he can learn.

Naruto still has regular chakra, that`s what`s gonna get manipulated

Patriot
Mon, 02-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I have to say, there is something more subtle in Naruto evolution that could take place and make sense as well. Communicating and properly being channeled with the Nine tails is what is required for Naruto to go to the next level. I think we got a taste of that when Pein hit him with a charka rod and much to his surprise and the girl next to him, he resisted while using Sage and Nine Tails mode.

I think that will play a huge part, while Naruto battles Sasuke and to make us readers impressed, Sasuke will start to dominate Naruto while he is in Sage mode, and then Naruto will merge the two, well three chakras including his own to form something greater and defeat Sasuke. Its my theory and I think it will be better then what the writer comes up with.

Tenbatsu
Tue, 02-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Naruto is obviously immune to all sharingan haxx thanks to itachi haxx.

Tyreal
Tue, 02-02-2010, 10:52 PM

Actually thats not a bad idea. Maybe Itachi made Naruto immune to Sharigan genjutsu (or at least Sasuke genjutsu). That would explain why Itachi would never want Naruto to have to use it. Because he doesn't want Sasuke and Naruto to fight.

Patriot
Tue, 02-02-2010, 10:52 PM

Yeah, I can't wait to find out what that is, hopefully its not a let down. Could really use some more OMFG amazing from this anime right about now.