PDA

View Full Version : TV: Human Target

Munsu
Tue, 01-26-2010, 09:28 AM
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4694/humantarget00.jpg

Show that started a week ago based on a character from DC Comics. Can't say much at the moment, but so far it has been fun. We'll see if the story can catch up to the fun.

Show stars Mark Valley (Boston Legal, Fringe) as Christopher Chance, Chi McBride (Nine, House, Pushing Daisies), and Jackie Earle Haley (Semi-Pro, Watchmen).

Show airs on Wednesday's at 9 pm EST on FOX, but it airs in Canada on Sundays if not mistaken, so you can find the episodes online early.

2 episodes have aired so far, and 3 episodes are already online.

It takes a brave, selfless man to make himself a "human target" in order to save the lives of those in danger. Based on the popular DC Comics comic book and graphic novel, HUMAN TARGET is a full-throttle action drama centered on CHRISTOPHER CHANCE (Mark Valley), a unique private contractor/security expert/bodyguard hired to protect.

Call him what you like, because for Chance, it's about one thing only: saving his clients' lives. When there is an unusual or imminent threat that can't be solved through "normal" means of protection, Chance is hired to completely integrate himself into his clients' lives - to become the human target. If you're a corporate manager whose disgruntled employee has gone violently off the deep end, Chance is your new auditor. If you're the president of a bank who's been tipped off to a potential heist, Chance is your unassuming bank teller..

During each job, Chance, assisted by his business partner WINSTON (Chi McBride) and hired gun GUERRERO (Jackie Earle Haley), puts himself directly in the line of fire as he races against time to save his client. Chance's dark history will unravel with every new danger. Does anyone know who Christopher Chance really is? What secrets lay buried in his past? What would make a man willingly become a HUMAN TARGET?

HUMAN TARGET is a production of Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Wonderland Sound and Vision, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Television. McG, Jonathan E. Steinberg, Brad Kern, Kevin Hooks and Peter Johnson serve as executive producers. Simon West ("Con Air," "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider") served as executive producer and director on the pilot.
http://www.fox.com/humantarget/about/

Animeniax
Wed, 01-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Mark Valley is the male equivalent of Rena Sofer. Any series they are in is doomed to fail. It sucked for Sofer since she was gorgeous in her 20s, not so much in her 30s. But Valley just seems like a smarmy pretty boy so tough shit for him.

I felt bad for the Cylon chick from BSG for having to be cast in this series, though the first episode got decent reviews.

Munsu
Wed, 01-27-2010, 09:29 AM
A bit of an exaggeration with Mark Valley... he hasn't had enough TV roles to be put in that category. Plus, he was in Boston Legal which was successful and when Fringe started (when he was around) the show was successful until FOX dropped a pile of shit on it by scheduling it against a ton of tough competition.

That said, I've never thought much of him, but he's playing a fun character this time around so it makes him more likable.

Just watched the the 3rd episode and it's been the best so far.

Ratings have been decent so far, let's see how it did last night against NCIS: Los Angeles which had a major episode last night. But then again, Human Target is supposed to air on Wednesdays.

Let me just mention this...Rena Sofer recently made an appearance on NCIS, and probably for a couple of episodes... I hope she doesn't bring the Titanic down with her because NCIS at the moment is a monster of a show.

Penner
Thu, 01-28-2010, 07:53 AM
I really liked this show, and i liked Mark Valley in Boston Legal and his brief run in Fringe, but Jackie Earle Haley was hilarious as a the "crazy" hacker guy, sure hes a geek, but hes got no problem gougeing out your eyeballs with a spoon ^^

Penner
Wed, 03-17-2010, 08:11 AM
Amy Acker booked on "Human Target" finale (http://www.tvfanatic.com/2010/03/amy-acker-booked-on-human-target-finale/)

kyubisrage
Mon, 03-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Fucking awesome show man. Love that it is a comic too.. Just makes it more badass.. Fox is finally getting its shit together after the failing of prison break and terminator..

Penner
Sat, 05-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Human Target just got renewed for 13 episodes, yay! :D

Munsu
Sat, 05-15-2010, 10:56 PM
This is really good news. I had stopped watching because I got worried about it not lasting beyond this season, but now I'll just have to go ahead and watch it.

I think that the 13 episodes model is the best way to go, unless a show is a big hit.... and even then.

Munsu
Thu, 11-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Human Target returned last night, and I thought it was a good fun episode. And the upped the graphic violence. I didn't like one of the new regulars they introduced though, and it looks like it did poorly in the ratings.

kyubisrage
Tue, 12-28-2010, 03:11 PM
So far I like the new season. I like ames she brings some spice to the show, Now the mrs.Poochi she seems a bit bland..

Penner
Tue, 12-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Yeah the new season is good, i like Ames but i really don't like Pucci, i find her as annoying as Sophie from the show "Leverage", and i wish both of them would just get removed from the shows.

Penner
Thu, 01-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Double episode huzzah!

Damn this show just gets better and better, and i actually don't hate Mrs Pucci as much after these 2 episodes, and man.. Ames is smokin'.

kyubisrage
Thu, 01-13-2011, 04:47 PM
WTF IS FOX DOING MAN.. This fucking show went from wednesday and the next episodes 2 hours again is on friday... Wow way to kill off a show hope they extend it this show has great potential if they market it right!... They did the same thing with terminator

Penner
Sat, 01-15-2011, 11:59 AM
I fucking love this show now, Chance and Guerrero are awesome together, i really wish this gets renewed for a 3rd season!

gos27
Mon, 01-17-2011, 05:08 PM
I fucking love this show now, Chance and Guerrero are awesome together, i really wish this gets renewed for a 3rd season!

100% agree with you. Really enjoy watching this, so far all the episodes in S2 have been awesome!

Munsu
Fri, 02-11-2011, 12:34 AM
WTF IS FOX DOING MAN.. This fucking show went from wednesday and the next episodes 2 hours again is on friday... Wow way to kill off a show hope they extend it this show has great potential if they market it right!... They did the same thing with terminator

Nothing to do with FOX, the show never took off so it doesn't matter. It got lucky to get a second season in the first place. And it has nothing to do with Terminator. Terminator underperformed, got lucky for a 2nd season and didn't deliver. Where FOX fucked up with Terminator was with their meddling in the storyline from what I could tell, but regardless the show runner of that show was a moron who had a good thing going and just pissed on it with shitty storylines.

Regardless, you can complain about all the moving around, but the show was airing after some of FOX's top rated shows, so that it could potentially retain higher ratings, but it failed. It often aired behind House and American Idol, a wet dream for just about any show.

Anyways, just watched the full 2nd season of Human Target and really enjoyed it. Very much doubt it'll come back. I do hope though that they do once again what they did last year, and give Lie to Me and Human Target half-seasons.

I'll say this, the Chance and Elsa romance sucked big time. Waste of time. Guerrero is the best thing that show had.

gos27
Fri, 02-11-2011, 10:25 PM
I'll say this, the Chance and Elsa romance sucked big time. Waste of time. Guerrero is the best thing that show had.

100% agree with you there, without Guerrero, i probably wouldn't have enjoyed this show as much as i did, and last scene of that ep was pants!

Matthewop
Fri, 02-18-2011, 12:46 AM
i am a big fan of this show when i was first watching it!!

Munsu
Thu, 05-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Show is officially cancelled now.

Penner
Thu, 05-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Sucks even more that this show got cancelled than "Lie to Me", i was looking forward to some more Guererro action.. bah.