PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 435

Death13a
Sun, 01-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Funimation (http://www.onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx?v=3088)
Lance-HorribleSubs (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=110440)

Luffy vs Magellan!

Kraco
Sun, 01-24-2010, 06:43 AM
This was much too stupid even for Luffy. It's true he wasn't the first man in the queue when brains were dealt out but even a little kid would grab a stick to gleefully poke at a rotten mushroom. Yet Luffy chose to use his bare hands and not find anything else. The place was full of defeated enemy grunts just a moment before, each armed with a weapon. Surely some left their sticks behind when evacuating in a hurry.

Well, it was interesting otherwise but this wasn't Oda's brightest moment.

Assertn
Sun, 01-24-2010, 06:48 AM
This was much too stupid even for Luffy. It's true he wasn't the first man in the queue when brains were dealt out but even a little kid would grab a stick to gleefully poke at a rotten mushroom. Yet Luffy chose to use his bare hands and not find anything else. The place was full of defeated enemy grunts just a moment before, each armed with a weapon. Surely some left their sticks behind when evacuating in a hurry.

Well, it was interesting otherwise but this wasn't Oda's brightest moment.
Well Luffy DID use his sandals to deflect Magellan's horn... But yeah, Luffy should've just grabbed a chunk of stone or something and just hammer it into him.

Although, it is befitting of Luffy's character to do whatever it takes to defeat an enemy that stands in the way, despite however the odds are stacked against him.

Death13a
Sun, 01-24-2010, 02:12 PM
He tried to use stuff (wall) against Magellan but he just melts it. So no grunts weapon is just useless, not to mention that Luffy doesn't know how to use weapons. And he had no other choice but to use his hands as it was his only choice he had left (Luffy was fighting in huge heat that was flushing down what stamina he had).

Kraco
Sun, 01-24-2010, 02:56 PM
We know flesh is stronger than steel in the One Piece universe but that wasn't really the point here. It wouldn't matter if the stuff he uses dissolved after every use because it would still hit before it breaks. He could just take another one. However, how is he going to get another pair of hands, eh? Like Assertn said, he was already wise enough to use his sandals once.

Believe me, not every detail in a plot, even a plot as good as in One Piece, can be explained sensibly. Sometimes an author simply ends up with odd solutions for the sake of the greater story. It's our duty then to point them out for our own amusement.

Assertn
Sun, 01-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Well even if Oda is smart enough to know better doesnt mean Luffy is smart enough to know better. Luffy learns by trial and error.

Sentenal
Mon, 01-25-2010, 04:10 AM
I didn't notice any grunt weapons laying around when he Jet Bazookaed Magellen. Not to mention the damage from what he did is TONS greater that what he could get out of any stick he found laying on the floor.

Kraco
Mon, 01-25-2010, 04:26 AM

In how simple terms do I have to retype this? Any object would only serve to protect his hands from getting dissolved by the poison (or did you really miss the scene, which Assertn mentioned, where he already used his sandaled foot to divert Magellan's attack?). I really doubt there's much difference in attack power between his bare hands and his bare hands holding a chunk of rock or any other solid object. The whole point is nothing more and nothing less than to have a layer of something between his skin and Magellan's poison. Man, just think of a laboratory: People wear gloves when handling, for example, strong acids. The most common sense of all common senses.

Sentenal
Mon, 01-25-2010, 05:02 AM
Do you understand what the concept of a punch is? You clench your hands, and you use it sort of like a battering ram.

Now that that is out of the way: Do you understand how you use a rock or a stick to attack something? You either swing it, or throw it.

I fail to see how either of those things would help out when Luffy punches things. Or maybe you can explain how something like Jet Bazooka would work if Luffy was holding a spear, or a rock. Unless you think that Luffy would have been better off fighting with a weapon that is extremely weak, and that he would have no idea how to use.

Maybe if Mr.3 was around he could Wax Luffy's hands, like he did against Minotaurus, but he wasn't there.

Kraco
Mon, 01-25-2010, 06:57 AM
Fine, have it your way. For your sake I hope two eps from now Luffy will only possess stumps instead of hands. I bet that would make your day.

And just for your information, I can take a rock and smash your face with it. No problem. It would be even less of a problem for Luffy who could grab any sort and shape of an object and hold it firmly due to his fruit power, unlike a normal person.

Sentenal
Mon, 01-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Fine, have it your way. For your sake I hope two eps from now Luffy will only possess stumps instead of hands. I bet that would make your day.

And just for your information, I can take a rock and smash your face with it. No problem. It would be even less of a problem for Luffy who could grab any sort and shape of an object and hold it firmly due to his fruit power, unlike a normal person.
omg, if he do that, maybe his fingers might touch him1!!!! that wud be bad

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Clearly Luffy needs his boxing gloves from his fight with Foxxy.

And also his afro.

Assertn
Mon, 01-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Sentenal did you seriously not think there was any alternative way to hit Magellan when you first saw this scene?

Sentenal
Tue, 01-26-2010, 01:52 AM
I don't know what he could have done, but I do know it wouldn't have done him any good if he picked up a spear and tried to use it. Even if he tried to simply blugon Magellen with one, I really doubt it would do any damage to someone with Magellen's size and build.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 01-26-2010, 01:57 AM
Considering I doubt Magellan is weaker than Blueno, I'd be surprised if one Jet Bazooka was enough to beat him.

I think this fight is going to end comedically, with Magellan having to run to the bathroom after taking that attack to the stomach. Which will allow Luffy to escape and be treated, since we know the staff has access to antidotes.

Marik
Thu, 01-28-2010, 05:32 PM
[yibis] ​One​ Piece​ 435​ [720p] [7E129478].mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=32758)
[yibis] ​One​ Piece​ 435​ [400p] [639AA451].avi (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=32763)