PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 479

Marik
Wed, 01-20-2010, 04:52 PM
mangastream

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yyhjdfwmmlw) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/miop5y) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/479-33/1)

darkshadow
Wed, 01-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Complete control over ones personal reality.. that's actually pretty cool, though since he had one left on his hand and still has the righteye, its obvious that danzou isn't dead yet.
Wonder if sasuke is finally beaten now though.

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-20-2010, 05:39 PM
At least using Izanagi is instant blindness.
If Danzou would survive, he probably would have gone to the Uchiha bank to get new eyes.

bagandscalpel
Wed, 01-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Could it be the real Danzou or a specter?

Or perhaps, could we still be viewing a continuation of the Sasuke vs Itachi fight, with Sasuke wrapped up in endless genjootsoo?

Will these wonders ever cease?

kaigan
Wed, 01-20-2010, 06:37 PM
danzo: you think i would loose this easily....
sasgay: ????@@@!!!!
danzo: now the battle actually begins...

kishi: hehehe this is fking great, i really have those fans fooled. damn i am gooddddddd

rockmanj
Wed, 01-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Yea, at least the penalty fits the power (sort of). I don't know...it seemed like a lot was going on, but not too much actually happened.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 01-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Wow..he's a ninja AND a Esper....Where's Touma when you need him?
Anyway I guess it is alright that it is instant blindness for a super power like that.

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Wow..he's a ninja AND a Esper....Where's Touma when you need him?
Anyway I guess it is alright that it is instant blindness for a super power like that.

Touma is tending to the revival of the Uchiha clan... err... Kamijou clan.

poopdeville
Wed, 01-20-2010, 08:12 PM
You... know about Izanagi?

I do now...

What a tool. His breath-knife jutsu was pretty cool though.

Archangel
Wed, 01-20-2010, 08:48 PM
How the hell is Sasuke getting all his chakra from? Last time he had the cursed seal AND he didn't have a MS but somehow now it seems like he's the new naruto when it comes to chakra reserves

Genma
Wed, 01-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Elephant that devours nightmares....

OH MY GOOOODD!!!!

poopdeville
Wed, 01-20-2010, 09:13 PM
How the hell is Sasuke getting all his chakra from? Last time he had the cursed seal AND he didn't have a MS but somehow now it seems like he's the new naruto when it comes to chakra reserves

Have you noticed how Karen says "Sasuke's chakra feels different" in every fight? It's because his chakra is becoming darker and more potent.

And anyway, Kakashi said that Naruto's and Sasuke's chakra reserves were comparable, excluding the Kyuubi, way back when.

FireEmblem
Wed, 01-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Great chapter, and Sasuke used a fire jutsu at a smart time.

Now Danzou just needs to stop sucking air in and out like that....

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-21-2010, 01:04 AM
Danzou seems to have missed Sasuke's body (or at least any vital organs) in the last panel. Sasuke is still alive, not that such a development is of any surprise.

Logrus
Thu, 01-21-2010, 03:29 AM
And anyway, Kakashi said that Naruto's and Sasuke's chakra reserves were comparable, excluding the Kyuubi, way back when.

You sure? and if you are please show me where :P

If it is true then i guess Kishi must be stoned/hammerd/coked/speeded and what not

Assertn
Thu, 01-21-2010, 03:57 AM
You guys question Sasuke's chakra capacity in literally every chapter.
Izanagi is fine by me, although I don't know how Danzou was so willing to part with all those fuckin sharingans. Uchihas are quite the endangered species these days.

Since Sasuke had his MS on in the last page, I'm going to assume his wounds are genjutus-related.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 01-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Damn. An elephant with little ears and claws? I didn't see that coming.

isso
Thu, 01-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Why don't just rename the manga to... Emo-gay Sasukes chronicles!

Theme song... "Ohhhh Sharingan.. Sharingan haXX, how can I be so EMOOOOOO???"

Cal_kashi
Thu, 01-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Sharringan Haxx! ... 20 pages of muttering and a dual stabbing.
I give this chapter an R on a scale of M.O.O.N-kumquat.

M.O.O.N that spells lame.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 01-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Ha. The Stand.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 01-21-2010, 06:18 PM
You guys question Sasuke's chakra capacity in literally every chapter.
Izanagi is fine by me, although I don't know how Danzou was so willing to part with all those fuckin sharingans. Uchihas are quite the endangered species these days.

Since Sasuke had his MS on in the last page, I'm going to assume his wounds are genjutus-related.

I was thinking the same thing. Why not just bolt? But maybe he just assumes that Madara would find him in an instant.

Sam98034
Thu, 01-21-2010, 07:28 PM
I don't know about the whole "forbidden" technique. It seems like anyone with a sharingan would use it if they were about to die. Blindness>Death, right? Why would that be forbidden? Unless it has something to do with altering the space-time continuum.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 01-21-2010, 07:42 PM
I don't know about the whole "forbidden" technique. It seems like anyone with a sharingan would use it if they were about to die. Blindness>Death, right? Why would that be forbidden? Unless it has something to do with altering the space-time continuum.

I suspect it's because this sort of absolute technique is considered unsporting.

Archangel
Thu, 01-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Because the moment it becomes cool to use it every uchiha would be killing each other off and digging around corpses for awesome reality bending magic powers

Also because it's creepy and creepy jutsus are automatically forbidden

Cal_kashi
Thu, 01-21-2010, 08:02 PM
How is this any different than what was already going on to acquire Mangekyo?
In any way different? Use the techniques go blind, get more eyes. I'll give you creepy... but not Uchiha infighting, they've already established that that was common practice.

poopdeville
Thu, 01-21-2010, 08:14 PM
You only get about one minute's worth of power though. And, more importantly, if brothers used Izanagi on each other, they would both lose their eyes.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 01-21-2010, 08:21 PM
It's also been bugging the hell out of me as to why Oro would experiment on Danzou, and give him all these Sharringans, and not give himself some. wtf? it was like Oro's one desire... why not pop a couple in himself? And where did all those eyes come from?

poopdeville
Thu, 01-21-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm guessing the eyes came from the Uchiha massacre. He got the arm after Itachi killed Shisui.

I don't know about Orochimaru. That's a good catch.

Edit: Maybe that's where the rest of Shisui's body went? If not, who got it?

UChessmaster
Thu, 01-21-2010, 08:35 PM
How is this any different than what was already going on to acquire Mangekyo?
In any way different? Use the techniques go blind, get more eyes. I'll give you creepy... but not Uchiha infighting, they've already established that that was common practice.

A forbidden technique is one that does too much damage to you thus making in it unreliable, a blind ninja in the middle of a fight is an easy target anyway, while taking the damage directly or even trying to evade makes your survival chances not 0%.

Cal_kashi
Thu, 01-21-2010, 09:16 PM
So I guess it's less that they care about the individual, but it's bad for the army for this to be happening, and it's forbidden to prevent a Nation's forces from being depleted.
That's a good reason, which I hadn't thought of.

Prof. Chaos
Fri, 01-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Maybe Oro experimented on Danzo because he was 1) willing and 2) wasn't sure if it would be successful. Why do something to yourself with no clear indication it would work. Also it seems that Danzo has to keep everything sealed or it will wreck havoc. I bet even Oro wouldn't want something like that, limited use of his arm.

Assertn
Fri, 01-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Oro wants the whole uchiha body, not just an arm or eyes.

Lucifus
Fri, 01-22-2010, 09:48 PM
I just find it retarded, That Danzo doesn't seem to care about protecting himself in the least, and is willing to part with those oh so precious Sharigans all in the span of five minutes; when fighting who he believes to be an easy opponent with the super badass immortal Madara behind him. -_-

Cal_kashi
Fri, 01-22-2010, 10:42 PM

You need to be more specific, I can easily take this two different ways, and frankly I'm not sure which one is more likely.

Assertn
Fri, 01-22-2010, 11:02 PM
You need to be more specific, I can easily take this two different ways, and frankly I'm not sure which one is more likely.
Both ways are correct.

Cal_kashi
Sat, 01-23-2010, 12:12 AM
God damnit Orochmaru.

Assertn
Sat, 01-23-2010, 12:53 AM
Oro wants to be on the receiving end of an uchiha x uchiha sexfest.

Cal_kashi
Sat, 01-23-2010, 12:54 AM
That does explain joining Madara's organization with Itachi...

poopdeville
Sat, 01-23-2010, 02:15 AM

Even still, a Sharingan in the arm would have helped his taijutsu skills by at least 44%. And might have gotten him out of Sasuke's Sharingan hax. And even just some copy-eye-wheel powers would be helpful at his goal of learning every jutsu in the world.

samsonlonghair
Sat, 01-23-2010, 12:29 PM
I guess we'll find out when Oro comes back from the dead and takes over Kabuto's body.

Carnage
Sat, 01-23-2010, 06:08 PM
I guess we'll find out when Oro comes back from the dead and takes over Kabuto's body.

Assuming Kishi hasn't forgotten about that plot point

Archangel
Sat, 01-23-2010, 06:15 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind, i can see him just showing in the final chapter as an example of how pathetic it is to hold on to the past

Sam98034
Sat, 01-23-2010, 06:30 PM
I don't get why more people aren't outraged at this power to just change reality. Ctrl+Z powers? Come on! I could buy some of the other things ninjas can do in the Naruto world, but not this. This 'technique' belongs in some other show. It's basically time travel. That's science fiction stuff, not ninja stuff. Lame.

rockmanj
Sat, 01-23-2010, 07:08 PM
I don't get why more people aren't outraged at this power to just change reality. Ctrl+Z powers? Come on! I could buy some of the other things ninjas can do in the Naruto world, but not this. This 'technique' belongs in some other show. It's basically time travel. That's science fiction stuff, not ninja stuff. Lame.

And a guy with multiple hearts and a mad scientist (Oro); among other things isn't? There are more than a few sci-fi elements to Naruto. I mean conjuring a giant skeleton out of this air or just making things disappear is pretty ridiculous in and of itself.

Sam98034
Sun, 01-24-2010, 06:32 AM
And a guy with multiple hearts and a mad scientist (Oro); among other things isn't? There are more than a few sci-fi elements to Naruto. I mean conjuring a giant skeleton out of this air or just making things disappear is pretty ridiculous in and of itself.

Yeah, I see your point. I'm not saying there aren't other unrealistic things, but they don't go as far as this one. If you just close your eyes and deny *reeeeeeeally* hard, it didn't happen. Making what just happened into a dream is kind of like breaking every single rule of the universe you can think of. Next thing you know, the Sharigan will let you kill your opponent two days ago, so by the time they fight you, they're already dead!

How about this. We can argue over this in a civilized fasion. If I win the argument, it's settled. If you win the argument, then we delete the posts and start over.

rockmanj
Sun, 01-24-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm not putting that much effort into a debate about the believability (or lack thereof) of Naruto. I am not quite sure how the mechanism of that technique will be explained, but I would say that it would fall into the realm of 'space-time jutsu' Now, what are some of the things that space-time jutsu allows? Some examples are: bringing giant talking animals from another dimension (or something), teleportation, and phasing one's body. And sharingan users have been seen to use s/t jutsu quite heavily, so I can buy a jutsu that lets you do something that fantastic (at a heavy cost).

And if you want to talk about unbelievable stuff in general, what about Oro moving his freaking soul from body to body, or Hidan, who is somehow immortal, and even the jinchuriki, who have monsters inside their bodies? How do you put a monster in a baby? So, I am fine with this new development, but I do wonder how much chakra Danzou has.

poopdeville
Sun, 01-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Izanagi belongs in the same class of jutsu as the other Uchiha genjutsu. How many times have we seen a massive battle with big moves, where it was all useless, because the "other guy" was in a genjutsu from the start? At least four times from Itachi and Sasuke.

Turning physical attacks into dreams "retroactively" is "the same thing as" catching someone in a genjutsu and letting the other guy think he's attacking -- at least from the reader's perspective.

Sam98034
Mon, 01-25-2010, 03:41 AM
Good arguments. I get everything you're saying, I just don't like the move, that's all. It's not an illusion or some trick, the whole universe is actually changing.

ForteCross
Mon, 01-25-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm not putting that much effort into a debate about the believability (or lack thereof) of Naruto. I am not quite sure how the mechanism of that technique will be explained, but I would say that it would fall into the realm of 'space-time jutsu' Now, what are some of the things that space-time jutsu allows? Some examples are: bringing giant talking animals from another dimension (or something), teleportation, and phasing one's body. And sharingan users have been seen to use s/t jutsu quite heavily, so I can buy a jutsu that lets you do something that fantastic (at a heavy cost).

And if you want to talk about unbelievable stuff in general, what about Oro moving his freaking soul from body to body, or Hidan, who is somehow immortal, and even the jinchuriki, who have monsters inside their bodies? How do you put a monster in a baby? So, I am fine with this new development, but I do wonder how much chakra Danzou has.
for all we know... danzou is not using the sharingans in any way except for izangi...
we can actually think that the sharingans are not using a large pool of chakra... as izangi uses the eye itself and not the user's chakra...
even better! for each eye closed danzou gets stronger as less eyes are using chakra

Death BOO Z
Mon, 01-25-2010, 10:52 AM
light bulb theory:

maybe Danzo personality issues (he has many I's) were modeled after Payne's chackra sucking statue?
maybe they've got a connection between them, and that's Danzos source of power.

rockmanj
Mon, 01-25-2010, 11:54 AM
for all we know... danzou is not using the sharingans in any way except for izangi...
we can actually think that the sharingans are not using a large pool of chakra... as izangi uses the eye itself and not the user's chakra...
even better! for each eye closed danzou gets stronger as less eyes are using chakra

Um...that doesn't jibe with the explanations that were given earlier in the series: every technique require chakra. In fact, to even activate the sharingan requires chakra; and seeing as Danzou is non-Uchiha, whenever the eyes are uncovered, its sucking his chakra. (that is why Kakashi keeps one covered most of the time; as to not drain chakra.) Admittedly, Kakashi said that he has low stamina, but to have like 10 sharingans activated all at once and using special techniques? Danzou has to have ginormous chakra reserves.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-25-2010, 06:27 PM
The girl ninja also says that Danzou's chakra reserves drop significantly each time one of the eyes closed. It seems to imply that Izanagi uses chakra each time.