PDA

View Full Version : Movie: The Hurt Locker

Animeniax
Fri, 01-15-2010, 10:14 PM
This is an Iraq war movie billed by one critic as a near flawless war movie that garnered critical acclaim and great reviews. I couldn't see that it deserved all the praise.

It is a pretty run of the mill war movie to me, complete with the wild-card hotshot, soldiers counting down the days, ridiculous situations that would have been solved easily with a single bullet, and screaming yokels running back and forth in the aftermath of an explosion or bombing. This movie is nowhere near as thought-provoking and emotionally wrenching as it tries to be, and doesn't come close to movies like Full Metal Jacket.

B-/C+

Genma
Wed, 01-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Just watched this yesterday... and yeah, I agree with you.

I enjoyed the intro sequence, but after that it just went downhill. It started getting over the top when the hot-shot guy decided to hunt down people to get his adrenaline fix. I was like, "Am I watching the Bourne Identity or a war movie?" Definitely no FMJ, and not even a very memorable war movie for that matter.

Still - it's entertaining, and worth a watch, but nowhere near as good as some critics make it out to be.