PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 569

Marik
Thu, 12-24-2009, 03:56 PM
mangastream

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mktnfmzzjww) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/l5pu07) | Online Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/569-17/1)

Assertn
Thu, 12-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Nice, return of the king's disposition. It was gonna happen sooner or later.
I like that Coby actually did something finally. Things arent looking so good for WB pirates, though.

Archangel
Thu, 12-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Lol at the Coby ownage

And you gotta love it when the hero pulls shit that make the most powerful fighters in the world go "Wtf was that??!" :)

RyougaZell
Thu, 12-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Bout time Luffy used the King's Disposition and made them all gape at him.

toonice714
Thu, 12-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Thank you Oda!!! Merry Christmas indeed! This is like getting N64 at Christmas while kishimoto gave me a present wrapped in a present which was a gift card...at target...not bad but yeah...

Great chapter tis the season.

Sentenal
Fri, 12-25-2009, 12:04 AM
It was very good, but the short length really disappointed me.

Archangel
Fri, 12-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Bla bla bla, drunken post

Sorry about that.

Assertn
Fri, 12-25-2009, 02:18 AM
This chapter reiterates one of my favorite topics of One Piece, which is the subjectivity of justice. Here you have characters from all different sides, each with their own friends and foes, yet fighting for what they believe in.

Coby and Garp believe the marines align with their justice, even though they have special interest in the man about to be executed. Their friends and family become enemies in the battle between their differing viewpoints.

Crocodile and Buggy are enemies of WB, but have a common enemy with him, causing them to be torn against both sides.

Hancock is basically enemies with everyone except Kuja and Luffy, and pretty much does whatever the hell she feels like.

Then there's Kuma, who may have previously been a revolutionary working as a spy against the world government, but ultimately sacrificed his life for some specific reason.

FireEmblem
Fri, 12-25-2009, 03:34 AM
The kairoseki thing seemed like such a cop-out actually. I dunno...I thought it was lame how Marco got owned!

Death BOO Z
Fri, 12-25-2009, 03:50 AM
yes, I could have watched some more of him, but it was concrete in-story terms.

you know, if the marines had some 'stronger' men (maybe a Vice commander, or something above 'faceless marine' level) standing there, this wouldn't have happened.

FireEmblem
Fri, 12-25-2009, 03:56 AM
Ok after re-reading the chapter again I think I may see something that I didn't see initially. I think Luffy might have just "read" Coby's movement. Coby soru'd and Luffy still got him squarely in the face. Also he was frothing at the mouth after just that one punch.

Could those things be a sign of some better haki control and use?

Augury
Fri, 12-25-2009, 06:08 AM
About Marco - the guy who put the seastone cuff on him was a vice admiral. I don't think there's any other reasonable solution here anyways - Marco's DF is pretty broken, he's pretty much unkillable without contact with seawater or seastone and we all know he (along with the other WB forces) is going to eat it here.

This whole battle/war seems to be wrapping up pretty soon. I thought its presentation was interesting and enjoyable overall, but not without its disappointments. I like how Oda is going to keep the entire conflict relatively short in terms of chapter count, so we're not getting something like Bleach where every single minor character gets their fight shown on-screen. I also liked how he presented the fighting as two groups with a lot of action - the shounen cliche of people standing around making speeches in the middle of a battlefield is still there, but it's not all that's there. I was a little disappointed about how he handled clashes though. He'd have two people run into each other, hit once, then a few pages later they were both somewhere else.

Assertn
Fri, 12-25-2009, 02:03 PM
I also liked how he presented the fighting as two groups with a lot of action - the shounen cliche of people standing around making speeches in the middle of a battlefield is still there, but it's not all that's there.
Obviously there will be dialogue. It would be dumb not to. Its not like the war freezes every time someone opens their mouth, so I don't see how it would affect your suspension of disbelief.

I was a little disappointed about how he handled clashes though. He'd have two people run into each other, hit once, then a few pages later they were both somewhere else.
Yep, this is indeed true. I don't really know how I can counter this point without saying "sorry, but its better this way." Its a free-for-all, and everyone gets a piece of everyone.

Augury
Sat, 12-26-2009, 12:04 AM
I got repped with quite a bit of comment for posting, and unfortunately since it wasn't sent as a PM or posted in this thread I can't respond directly. Apparently I came across the wrong way for more than one person.

I'm enjoying reading One Piece, and it's not like I'm going out of my way to look for flaws. My main point in the previous post was an observation that the method Oda decided to use in story-telling / presenting this war is different from what we usually see in the genre. I thought the tone I put on it implied that I view this difference as a good thing, but it seems that some readers didn't take it this way.

I should note too that even though I say Oda is using shounen cliches, this doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Even if we know what is coming, if the author does a good job in writing how events pan out then there can still be a very good effect.

Case in point - we all knew Luffy was going to use the king's disposition sooner or later. I think most of us here also agree that the way it was shown this chapter left us with a good feeling, or at least didn't make us feel lame when reading it. Compare this to, say, the most recent events in this week's Bleach, which we all knew was coming too.

Archangel
Sat, 12-26-2009, 01:32 PM
You'll have to learn to ignore such comments, bad repping rarely needs a reason to be around here

Though i personally disagree with your opinion i see merit to your points. It's just that when there's so much going on ( this is a war, and one between presumably the strongest forces in the world ) Oda's method to display it comes by giving everyone time on the spotlight instead of focusing on single battles

This will work especially well when it's animated as it will display even further the utter chaos of this battle

RyougaZell
Sat, 12-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Personally... while at moments if may feel like utter chaos jumping around everyone like that, I think what Oda is doing is good because I don't want another Bleach showing 5 chapters of no-name characters fighting. Of course One Piece hardly has no-names like Bleach, but I think I prefer the plot to move forward that focusing on lower ranking WhiteBeard pirates.

Kensee
Thu, 01-07-2010, 03:09 PM
No new chapter this week as well?

Archangel
Thu, 01-07-2010, 04:09 PM
No new chapter this week as well?

No, only next week