PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 140

Marik
Thu, 12-17-2009, 01:18 PM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden 140 - 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=104327) | 480p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=104328)

[Taka] Naruto Shippuuden 140 - 720p (http://takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_140_%5B720p%5D%5BD0F6 93C7%5D.mp4.torrent) | 480p (http://takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_140_%5B480p%5D%5B0E4E C7B5%5D.mp4.torrent)

stratosthegreek
Thu, 12-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks, can't wait to watch it!

Man....so much dialogue! But it was good....had to be said...just not as exciting as the last 5 eps...

Cal_kashi
Thu, 12-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks, can't wait to watch it!

Man....so much dialogue! But it was good....had to be said...just not as exciting as the last 5 eps...

I doubt anything could be as exciting as the Uchiha fight to the death. We've been waiting since the first ep for it =D.

Wow, that episode was fucked up. Poor Itachi.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 12-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Mmm, so much delicious backstory.

It is a feast of knowledge.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 12-17-2009, 09:16 PM
You have to love how Naruto can always take a bad guy and reason his position to making him seem not so bad after all.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 12-17-2009, 10:16 PM
I dunno, nothing Madara has said so far has made me think he's not a badguy.

So far, his reasoning is basically, "I kept trying to wipe out Konoha cause I was worried my clan wouldn't be the most powerful anymore."

His motivation for his actions seems to be purely pride so far.

Sam98034
Fri, 12-18-2009, 12:59 AM
You have to love how Naruto can always take a bad guy and reason his position to making him seem not so bad after all.

Are you talking about Madara or Itachi? And I would assume that Madara is embelishing a little...his brother "willingly" giving him the eyes and the Kyubi incident. It was a "natural disaster" but they show Madara sealing it earlier.

Kagari
Fri, 12-18-2009, 01:34 AM
They showed Madara involved in the first Kyub attack, but nothing linking him to the second attack.

Maybe it was mentioned, by leaf nins, that Madara was responsible, but if we believe madara's tale, then It was just the Leaf blaming a natural disaster on the Uchiha.

Madara, like other Naruto bad guys, doesn't seem so evil after all this. His motivations weren't about loss of power or control... he feared the eventual oppression/enslavement of his people...

and he was right.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-18-2009, 03:23 AM
Except that maybe if Madara hadn't ALREADY attacked Konoha with the Kyuubi, then Konoha wouldn't have suspected an Uchiha when it happened naturally.

His clan wasn't trusted because Madara himself kept proving to be untrustworthy.

He was afraid they didn't trust his clan, so he betrayed them, which made them trust his clan less, which made him attack them some more...

He basically created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

lilphatboi88
Fri, 12-18-2009, 06:48 AM
Why did Itachi become a spy for the Hidden Village? If I were him, I'd value my clan more.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 12-18-2009, 07:50 AM
he didnt want another war to break out.. especially within his own village.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 12-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Are you talking about Madara or Itachi? And I would assume that Madara is embelishing a little...his brother "willingly" giving him the eyes and the Kyubi incident. It was a "natural disaster" but they show Madara sealing it earlier.

Both of them actually.

Itachi protecting Sasuke.

Madara trying to protect his clan by any means necessary.

ASSpirine
Fri, 12-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Nice episode again, lot of information for us to take the pill.
Next episode, young Sasuke again :)

I'd also like to point out that at some point this part was spoilered... Someone said that Itachi was working under Konoha and he was ordered to murder out the clan.

I find it hard to believe that a non-manga reader would suddenly come up with this kind of plot...

Logrus
Fri, 12-18-2009, 12:32 PM
think that in 50 years i will be able to perfectly quote everything that happend between Sasuke and Itachi in the past considering all the flash backs we seem to watch

Also the whole episode was made like a .gif version of the manga ;O

The Kyuubi/madara VS first hokage fight really blew. Low budget ??

Penner
Fri, 12-18-2009, 02:06 PM
I LOVE it when we get this amount of actual backstory and information, great stuff!

lilphatboi88
Fri, 12-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Nice episode again, lot of information for us to take the pill.
Next episode, young Sasuke again :)

I'd also like to point out that at some point this part was spoilered... Someone said that Itachi was working under Konoha and he was ordered to murder out the clan.

I find it hard to believe that a non-manga reader would suddenly come up with this kind of plot...

itachi's been a spy for konoha on akatsuki

........I posted this in episode 138, but someone egged me into saying that. I couldn't find a reason why I said that except someone deleted an earlier post. They figured that the response to their comment can only lead to Itachi being a spy, therefore they deleted their comment. I, on the other hand look like a spoiler.

lilphatboi88
Fri, 12-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Spoilers!!! ( well not really )

See? This guy says it was a spoiler, but that it's not really since someone revealed that information already. I just realized that he has his text in white.

lilphatboi88
Fri, 12-18-2009, 04:35 PM
think that in 50 years i will be able to perfectly quote everything that happend between Sasuke and Itachi in the past considering all the flash backs we seem to watch

Also the whole episode was made like a .gif version of the manga ;O

The Kyuubi/madara VS first hokage fight really blew. Low budget ??

Another example. It was unclear in the anime whether or not Madara really captured the kyuubi and used it to attack Konoha. We don't know if Madara made that up. But now we know that Madara did control the kyuubi and the fight actually existed.

Logrus
Fri, 12-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Yeah but it was just the manga square by square with paint and audio :(

They could have made their fight go on for just 1 sec or something xD
They can make fillers for any BS but not when it matters :(

Marik
Fri, 12-18-2009, 06:47 PM
[Taka] Naruto Shippuuden 140 - 720p (http://takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_140_%5B720p%5D%5BD0F6 93C7%5D.mp4.torrent) | 480p (http://takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_140_%5B480p%5D%5B0E4E C7B5%5D.mp4.torrent)

Archangel
Fri, 12-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Lol they sure cut corners with the animation on this one but surprisingly enough i loved how it turned out

Possibly because this way they managed to keep the animation fluid and the faithfulness to the manga 100%

isso
Sat, 12-19-2009, 11:59 AM
It was like a thought, I never bought that, "I want yor eyes just" - talk. Itachi LOVED his brother, damn it feels nice to have "somewha" predicted this! This ep was indeed a feast of knowledge and I want more!!!!!!

P.s Itachi ruled, he would have OWNED / PWNED Sasuke!

Shadow Skill
Sun, 12-20-2009, 01:00 AM
So... Konoha is really screwed up.

So that explains why Itachi eased his entire clan. He was a Konoha Patriot. :P

Druid
Sun, 12-20-2009, 03:38 AM
The story told by Madara doesn't make much sense, it wouldn't explain why he helped Itachi erasing their clan, as Sasuke figured out while fighting with Itachi, and Itachi confirmed it. If Madara only worry was his clan then killing them all is not very coherent...

lilphatboi88
Sun, 12-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Agreed. But the questions is, how can anyone be a konoha patriot like itachi. Take me for example, would I terminate the whole Chinese race if America asked me to?

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-20-2009, 05:06 AM
Well, it's pretty obvious Madara is only halfway done talking at this point, he's barely even started talking about Itachi's role yet. He mostly spent this episode giving backstory on himself.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 12-20-2009, 11:35 AM
I was gonna say, let's speculate; but I guess that's not a good idea.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 12-20-2009, 01:26 PM
The story told by Madara doesn't make much sense, it wouldn't explain why he helped Itachi erasing their clan, as Sasuke figured out while fighting with Itachi, and Itachi confirmed it. If Madara only worry was his clan then killing them all is not very coherent...

He did say that they betrayed him and turned their backs on him when he only wanted to help and make the Uchiha name mean something than Senju dogs.

Sam98034
Mon, 12-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Yeah, Madara doesn't really care for his clan. He apparently did everything, his brother even died, to try to keep the clan from being taken advantage of, and in the end they abandoned him and made him seem like the bad guy.

Agreed. But the questions is, how can anyone be a konoha patriot like itachi. Take me for example, would I terminate the whole Chinese race if America asked me to?

Well, not exactly. It'd be more like you're a Secret Agent for the US and happen to be Chinese. You find out that your entire family and the local Chinese community feels like the Americans are oppressing them and are planning to mow up the lite mouse (really don't want to use the actual phrase) and take control. The catch is that if word of this plan got out, it would cause mass hysteria and riots and cause America to go into civil war. That's a little close to the imaginary ninja world.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-21-2009, 02:09 AM
I think you guys are overdoing the metaphore by making it about race.

It's more like if you were an agent for the government, and the government said your family was all traitors, and ordered you to kill your family.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 12-21-2009, 04:23 AM
I wouldn't kill my family if that were the case.

Psyke
Mon, 12-21-2009, 06:58 AM
I wouldn't kill my family if that were the case.

The government has other agents. At least you can gurantee the safety of one of them....

Kraco
Mon, 12-21-2009, 07:09 AM
It could be Itachi was losing his sanity anyway. He was a spy among his own oppressed kind for a number of years and most likely thought he was actually doing them a service (that's probably what Konoha made him believe anyway). It could be someone tipped off the Uchiha clan (most of whom might have belonged to a dissatisfied faction), revealing to them Itachi was a Konoha spy. That could have been the breaking point for Itachi. A point of no return when he no longer belonged anywhere.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 12-21-2009, 04:24 PM
I still wouldn't kill my family just to protect my brother. There's always another solution.

I guess what he found out from being a spy was just to convincing. Also, I still don't buy that he killed his whole clan, we never see him do that. At the end, it's him that uses the sharingan to implant those images into Sasuke's head.

And...it's hard to believe their mother was in on the rebellion. I find it strange that she says to Sasuke: "Your father talks only about you."

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-21-2009, 09:37 PM
I wouldn't kill my family if that were the case.Yes, you and most people I should think.

But there ARE people in the world who would.

Jessper
Tue, 12-22-2009, 12:09 AM
And...it's hard to believe their mother was in on the rebellion. I find it strange that she says to Sasuke: "Your father talks only about you."

I'd have to watch it again to be sure but wasn't that part Sasuke overhearing her talking to Itachi?

Also, I don't buy the whole Itachi was nuts thing, perhaps enough of a ninja to put aside his personal feelings for the mission but not crazy. I'm sure we will figure out plenty this next episode.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 12-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Not sure, maybe at some point, they made a mistake and changed those up. More recently though, I think it was: Sasuke feels inadequate, father shows disappointment. But secretly, his mother tells him that his father is really proud of him.

Janusz
Tue, 12-22-2009, 06:47 AM
Why is everyone discarding the possibility that Madara is just a lying SOB trying to further his own ends by telling Sasuke this? Why would you believe anything he said? Having released the Kyuubi on Konoha at least once just to get revenge, setting up an organisation dedicated to achieving world dominance and then joining that organisation with a wacko alter ego, he's not exactly a trustworthy character, now is he?

lilphatboi88
Tue, 12-22-2009, 07:33 AM
true. I guess we discarded that possibility because of manga readers.

Azonalanthious
Wed, 12-23-2009, 10:00 AM
true. I guess we discarded that possibility because of manga readers.

Eh, I don't know about that. I think he's telling the truth, and I'm not a manga reader. On the other hand, I think its likely a selective truth that leaves out far more then it covers - you can often trick someone more effectively with a partial truth then with a full lie. For example - what if Konoha's suspicions of the Uchia were justified because of Madara had continues to try and influence their loyalty away from the village and was finally succeding? (don't know that I think that happened, just tossing it out as a for instance). Then telling Sauske that the village turned on them is true... and also the correct decision, rather then the evil act he is making it out to be.

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-23-2009, 05:39 PM
I still wouldn't kill my family just to protect my brother. There's always another solution.

that's just meaningless talk
there's *not* always another solution

what would've happened if he didn't do like he was told?
not only would someone else do the job for him... there's the possibility that he'd be declared a traitor and assassinated too.

lilphatboi88
Wed, 12-23-2009, 05:52 PM
There are only a few in Konoha that can match Itachi's skills. You make it seem as if extincting the Uchiha race was the only option. The 3rd was the strongest in the village, he actually advocated against this plan. So something else could have definitely happened.

Hence, there "is" always another solution.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-23-2009, 06:45 PM
I think the Uchiha WAS planning some kind of rebellion. When you think about what Itachi's dad was saying to him. They were having a meeting that was more important that Itachi's ANBU mission, and from the way he described Itachi as their pipeline to Konoha, it wouldn't surprise me if the Uchiha were using him to spy on Konoha just like Konoha was using him against the Uchiha.

Archangel
Wed, 12-23-2009, 06:52 PM
So basically Itachi was getting skull fucked from every direction?

No wonder he went yandere on Sasuke's ass

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah, seems like both sides considered Itachi their man on the inside.

Apparently though, at the end of the day, the Uchiha were wrong. :p

lilphatboi88
Wed, 12-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Konoha can't tell Sasuke to kill his whole clan. They could have used another scapegoat.