PDA

View Full Version : reputation hover-tags

Death BOO Z
Thu, 12-10-2009, 01:18 PM
I suggest to give some users (according to reputation) the option to change the hovering text of the reputation, instead of having "[name] is giving out free beers" and "[name] is the lift of the party", make it possible for users to write their own silly tags.
like "[name] can spoiler and wouldn't be banned" or "[name] has more friends than facebook". etc etc.

might be fun, more customization.

Munsu
Thu, 12-10-2009, 02:58 PM
That could be nice... maybe for those that reach the final level. Don't know if it's possible though, will have to wait for comp.

Sapphire
Thu, 12-10-2009, 03:57 PM
Oohh that would be awesome! Yeah variety would be nice

RyougaZell
Thu, 12-10-2009, 04:12 PM
There's something after the Pinnacle of Awesomeness? o.o

Nadouku
Thu, 12-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Probably. I guess the last one will be "is either an admin or is blowing one".

complich8
Mon, 12-14-2009, 04:19 AM
not feasible.

Archangel
Tue, 12-15-2009, 10:28 PM
I noticed you didn't use the word impossible...

samsonlonghair
Fri, 12-18-2009, 12:35 AM
I can't see my own tag when I hover over my own green boxes. I can see everyone else's just fine. For some reason it's just my tag that doesn't show up when I hover my mouse over my reputation. Am I doing something wrong?

complich8
Sat, 12-19-2009, 03:17 AM
I noticed you didn't use the word impossible...

it's not impossible, it's just not feasible. If it were impossible, it'd be something that was not within the realm of things that could ever be implemented in code. So like, if it made real actual fire-breathing dragons fly out of your system's usb port and eat you if your reputation fell below -500, that'd be cool, but impossible. On the other hand, if it'd require a couple dozen or a couple hundred lines of code modification (eg: writing a vbulletin module, or altering the existing code, maybe adding a couple functions, writing a new interface for the new feature in the usercp, etc), then it's certainly possible, but it's not something that's likely to happen.

I can't see my own tag when I hover over my own green boxes. I can see everyone else's just fine. For some reason it's just my tag that doesn't show up when I hover my mouse over my reputation. Am I doing something wrong?

no idea... but then I also don't know what browser you're using offhand and don't want to datamine the logs to figure it out. Have you tried a different browser, or clearing your cache, or ... you know, all the normal steps when your browser is misbehaving?

Kraco
Sat, 12-19-2009, 01:35 PM
I have noticed when you make a new post in a thread, that new post doesn't show the hover rep message. If you leave the thread and then click your way back to it (or perhaps just refresh) it will work normally.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-19-2009, 06:57 PM
I have noticed when you make a new post [B]via Quick Reply[/B in a thread], that new post doesn't show the hover rep message. If you leave the thread and then click your way back to it (or perhaps just refresh) it will work normally.

Fixed.

In that new post, your post count also doesn't show an increase of 1 until you leave/refresh.

Cal_kashi
Wed, 12-30-2009, 12:27 PM
I've got a funny story for you guys. Just last week I started investigating what the hell those little boxes were (the reputations you guys are discussing) for the first time. I hovered over mine and it said "Cal_kashi has disabled reputation" as you would expect for someone that hasn't enabled it... however, I mistook this to mean that somehow you guys knew I was disabled, and that it was my reputation. Freaked me the fuck out for a while because I couldn't figure out how you all knew. Then I put it together, enabled it, and found out I'm a dick, which I knew. I like the feature.

\I'm, I'm not so bright sometimes.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 12-31-2009, 07:27 AM
That's pretty damn funny. Now your reputation says you'd probably by me a drink. How did you know I'm an alcoholic?

Cal_kashi
Thu, 12-31-2009, 11:51 AM
You're impossible to dislike, you must be a dinker.

itadakimasu
Thu, 03-11-2010, 11:48 AM
That could be nice... maybe for those that reach the final level. Don't know if it's possible though, will have to wait for comp.

In other words.... Troll around on the forum for 10 years and then just maybe you can have that luxury!