PDA

View Full Version : I got a cease and desist for Naruto!?!?

Patriot
Mon, 12-07-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it anywhere recent, but this morning I got this, basically, I'll continue reading the manga until this is resolved if ever as the anime is shit 90% of the time anyways (save for some eps.)
I also got the standard Rogers privacy thing too.

Dear Sir or Madam:

Recently BayTSP detected an infringement of TV TOKYO Corporation???s copyright interests on your IP address. TV TOKYO Corporation appreciates that you enjoy their anime and hopes you can support them and the original creators directly by watching their programs at http://www.crunchyroll.com/WatchNaruto where they are making a strong effort to provide their content legally.

Supporting the content legally ensures that TV Tokyo can continue to produce more of the high quality anime which you crave. Crunchyroll.com gives anime fans access to the anime they want as soon as possible, allowing fans to watch episodes of their favorite series as they premiere in Japan. TV Tokyo urges you to show your support by going to http://www.crunchyroll.com/WatchNaruto and watching content legally. TV Tokyo appreciates your interest in their anime and hopes you continue to be a fan.

BayTSP, Inc. ("BayTSP") swears under penalty of perjury that TV TOKYO Corporation has authorized BayTSP to act as its non-exclusive agent for copyright infringement notification. BayTSP's search of the protocol listed below has detected infringements of TV TOKYO Corporation???s copyright interests on your IP addresses as detailed in the below report.

BayTSP has reasonable good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of in the below report is not authorized by TV TOKYO Corporation, its agents, or the law. The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, the Universal Copyright Convention, as well as bilateral treaties with other countries allow for protection of client's copyrighted work even beyond U.S. borders. The information provided herein is accurate to the best of our knowledge. Therefore, this letter is an official notification to effect removal of the detected infringement listed in the below report. The below documentation specifies the exact location of the infringement.

We hereby request that you immediately remove or block access to the infringing material, as specified in the copyright laws, and insure the user refrains from using or sharing with others unauthorized TV TOKYO Corporation materials in the future.

Further, we believe that the entire Internet community benefits when these matters are resolved cooperatively. We urge you to take immediate action to stop this infringing. We appreciate your efforts toward this common goal.

Please send us a prompt response indicating the actions you have taken to resolve this matter, making sure to reference the Notice ID number above in your response. mailto:crunchyroll_p2p@copyright-compliance.com?subject=RE%3A%20Notice%20ID%3A%2031 8%2D2582019%20Notice%20of%20Unauthorized%20Use%20o f%20TV%20TOKYO%20Corporation%20Property

Nothing in this letter shall serve as a waiver of any rights or remedies of TV TOKYO Corporation with respect to the alleged infringement, all of which are expressly reserved. Should you need to contact me, I may be reached at the below address.

Regards,

Mark Ishikawa
Chief Executive Officer
BayTSP.com Inc. - as an Authorized Agent of TV TOKYO Corporation
PO Box 1314 - Los Gatos, CA 95031

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Pfft... those guys are just Kubo-ing* people trying to bite a bone that wasn't thrown their way. They are in no way affiliated to Tv Tokyo.

Kubo-ing = Trolling FYI

Sapphire
Mon, 12-07-2009, 10:00 PM
lol There's no way you can get a C&D with such shameless advertising

Assertn
Mon, 12-07-2009, 10:55 PM
So how are you gonna respond?

"k i deleted my seeds."

Patriot
Mon, 12-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Actually its a notice of notice, there is really nothing they can do, or so far since 2007 nothing they have done to us Canadians, beside use strong legal language. But I am surprised I am the only one who received it thus far....

KitKat
Mon, 12-07-2009, 11:03 PM
You got this in Canada? I haven't heard yet of anyone getting a C&D up here, for anything at all. There definitely isn't anything they can do up here, with our current legislation. In the US it's a different story, but in Canada you should be fine to ignore them and keep downloading as you please.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-08-2009, 04:19 AM
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find it anywhere recent, but this morning I got this, basically, I'll continue reading the manga until this is resolved if ever as the anime is shit 90% of the time anyways (save for some eps.)
I also got the standard Rogers privacy thing too.

Or you can use some DDL (http://www.animetake.com/) sites and keep watching Naruto.

BayTSP has been doing some aggressive stuff, like screwing around with Nyaatorrents and all.

Archangel
Tue, 12-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Pfft... those guys are just Kubo-ing* people trying to bite a bone that wasn't thrown their way. They are in no way affiliated to Tv Tokyo.

Kubo-ing = Trolling FYI

So we're really doing this?

Assertn
Tue, 12-08-2009, 01:09 PM
You think you have it bad....
http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20091203/FREE/912039975#
Companies don't like it when you steal their IP.

By the way...

He allegedly began consulting in May 2006 with another company and used the programming to aid in its Web development, while he was still working at Quicken, according to prosecutors.
That "another company" was a startup that me and another friend were also contracted to work on. Mike wasn't even a good developer...

fahoumh
Tue, 12-08-2009, 01:17 PM
My ISP is also Rogers and I got the exact same email a few months ago, but BayTSP was representing Viacom in my message.

Shadow Skill
Wed, 12-09-2009, 06:30 AM
My ISP got the same message which they mailed to me through Snail Mail, Lol.

I just ignored it, as far as I know, they have no jurisdiction in Canada, our download laws don't prevent downloading anime.

For some reason my ISP saw the line of "We'll take legal action and have the FBI confiscate said items".

I LOL'd at it and thought "Since when does the FBI have any legal jurisdiction in Canada?"

I agree with most of you, these middleman companies sure like to throw around some illiterate legal mumbo jumbo.