PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 138

antiravage
Thu, 12-03-2009, 04:24 PM
It's out, although it's not HS's version. I downloaded it and the qualify is fine.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SZN48RZS
http://www.zomgupload.com/52s9oajv3w7o.html
http://hotfile.com/dl/19422263/f3be80a/Narutoverse_NARUTO_Shippuden_138.avi.html

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-03-2009, 10:35 PM
I wonder what the catch is with summoning Susano'o. The anime didn't show the Mangekyo Sharingan in Itachi's eyes, but that could easily be explained that he's totally blind by that stage. Seriously, against that technique Bijuu are nothing. Nine-tails? Sealed & gone.

Itachi certainly won that battle in my books, regardless of who lived. When Sasuke's cowering in fear like he did that night, you knew who was stronger.

Penner
Thu, 12-03-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm curious what was wrong with Itachi that made him apparently weaker than he should have been.

He still managed to win even if it cost him his life though.. perhaps that could have been avoided if he had his strength at 100%

And poor mini snake Oro trying to slither away but getting caught in the Amaterasu flames :P

LaZie
Fri, 12-04-2009, 01:56 AM
HorribleSubs

720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=101843)

Marik
Fri, 12-04-2009, 07:07 AM
[Taka]​ Naruto​ Shippuuden​ 138​ - 720p (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_138_%5B720p%5D%5B9FC2 5488%5D.mp4.torrent) | 480p (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_138_%5B480p%5D%5B6F14 F4A1%5D.mp4.torrent)

ASSpirine
Fri, 12-04-2009, 07:08 AM
I was wondering if that flick on the forehead was always a practice to get Sasuke's eyes :p
Nice episode again, and what the hell is going on with Oro...

I'm wondering if we'll ever see him again now, because he didn't really have a death worthy of his character

Zetsu was cool, I especially like the white gentle side of him, "Just as you'd expect from him, he's puking stuff out of his mouth and just being plain creepy".
Whehe, that was great when he said that

And what's with the Amaterasu appearing at the end...

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-04-2009, 07:18 AM
And this week the Sharingan gives Itachi literal armor, not just plot armor.

I just don't get it. Is there a reason why that had to be tied to the sharingan at all? It could have just been a justu he learned to summon a fire demon with a magic sword and shield he obtained. But no, it's another Sharingan power.

Didn't expect to see Oro pop in, not that he did much. Is it just Orochimaru that's gone, or has Itachi destroyed the cursed seal as well? If so, Sasuke's going to come out of this fight weaker than he went in. I guess that's one way for Naruto to catch up.

Nice episode again, and what the hell is going on with Oro...

I'm wondering if we'll ever see him again now, because he didn't really have a death worthy of his characterAfter what they showed us this episode, I'm pretty confident that Oro is going to come back yet again inside Kabuto.

Archangel
Fri, 12-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Is it me or did this episode feel incredibly rushed? They stuffed 3 chapters in there for some reason, probably because the animation for this fight was creating a massive hole on their budget and they just wanted to get it over with.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Didn't expect to see Oro pop in, not that he did much. Is it just Orochimaru that's gone, or has Itachi destroyed the cursed seal as well? If so, Sasuke's going to come out of this fight weaker than he went in. I guess that's one way for Naruto to catch up.

It's just Orochimaru. The curse seal is an enzyme obtained from Juugo.

isso
Fri, 12-04-2009, 09:27 AM
I think this episode somewhat showed that I was not to wrong... Itachi spoke to Sasuke, what was said must be revealed later, but I don't think Itachi even intended to win this fight. The gentle flick on the forehead was the sign to Sasuke to show that it was Itachi his brother who made this decision to die / or lose or whatever... That he loved his little brother....

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I think this episode somewhat showed that I was not to wrong... Itachi spoke to Sasuke, what was said must be revealed later, but I don't think Itachi even intended to win this fight. The gentle flick on the forehead was the sign to Sasuke to show that it was Itachi his brother who made this decision to die / or lose or whatever... That he loved his little brother....

Or that at the last moment, he realised he did not have the energy to win.

Kraco
Fri, 12-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah. He was already extending his fingers but then his brain lost control of the movement and the fingers just struck Sasuke's forehead. I don't know what he was saying, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was something along the lines that this was his second favorite ending and that Sasuke should get close to Madara instead to defeat him in time. Maybe he even told Sasuke to take his eyes for the eternal sharingan. Itachi already knew he had lost at that point. I mean, anybody with eyes could see the man was nothing but a walking corpse anymore. I don't know why Sasuke seemed to be panicking. All he would have needed to do was to take a step back for every step Itachi took forward, for those steps were indeed numbered already for ol' Itachi.

I also don't know why anybody would say Itachi won the fight. The last man standing wins a fight, not the first man to drop.

isso
Fri, 12-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Or that at the last moment, he realised he did not have the energy to win.

Maybe, but I don't think so.. hmm.. This talk about getting the eyes felt like something he did cause he knew he was monitored by Zetsu.. What was said between the brothers at the end even Zetsu couldn't hear.

AND when thinking about it, when Oro appered and said "now is my chance to take your brothers body" Itachi became furious and used his sealing sword and freed Sasuke from Oro.. Aswell as I don't think those Amaterasu flames hit mini-oro-snake without Itachi being involved...

UChessmaster
Fri, 12-04-2009, 10:33 AM
I also don't know why anybody would say Itachi won the fight. The last man standing wins a fight, not the first man to drop.

Itachi was handicapped beyond beleif, maybe that`s why

Jessper
Fri, 12-04-2009, 11:22 AM

Imagine if you will, two guys were boxing, one went down and was out for the count but just before the Ref declared the winner the guy that beat him had a heart attack and died. Would you seriously say, nah the guy on the floor won! I mean, really?

I'm fairly surprised that I enjoyed this ending for Itachi, Sasuke shouldn't have been able to win and he didn't yet the outcome is as it had to be. I can't wait to know what Itachi told him, and if Sasuke will take Itachi's eyes or not.

Kraco
Fri, 12-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Boxing is an estalished sport with specific rules. I'm sure there's a rule also for a case like that. However, this was a fight to the death. So, obviously the one alive is the winner, the one dead is the loser. It doesn't really matter how they ended up that way. Luck is also a major part of any fight and thus if Itachi had managed to get internal bleeding before the fight and was coughing up blood, it's more power to Sasuke.

I'm not saying this conclusion means Sasuke was more powerful, though. It was an asymmetric fight from the beginning because Sasuke had all the cards available to him, only wanting Itachi dead, whereas Itachi absolutely needed to spare Sasuke's eyes.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-04-2009, 12:47 PM
It definitely feels more to me like Itachi gave up at the end rather than simply couldn't finish.

If he'd just collapsed the way he did, then I'd buy it. But the fact that he said a bunch of things that the audience didn't hear totally makes me think he told Sasuke something important, then gave up.

So Susano-o sounded familiar so I decided to look it up. And found:

In Japanese mythology, Susano’o, the powerful storm of Summer, is the brother of Amaterasu, the goddess of the sun, and of Tsukuyomi, the god of the moon. All three were spawned from Izanagi, when he washed his face clean of the pollutants of Yomi, the underworld. Amaterasu was born when Izanagi washed out his left eye, Tsukuyomi was born from the washing of the right eye, and Susano’o from the washing of the nose.Heh, does Itachi have a third Sharingan in his nose?

I wonder if whatever cool power the Eternal Sharingan has is gonna be called Izanagi.

redcat
Fri, 12-04-2009, 01:41 PM
I figure itachi knew he was about to fall over dead anyway, and didn't think it was worth taking his brother eyes if he was going to have them go to waste seconds later. He wanted the power that came with it, but he didn't have any reason to harm sasuke other than that. So without any reason to take his brothers eyes he lost any reason he had to cause harm to sasuke.

Kraco
Fri, 12-04-2009, 04:02 PM
So Susano-o sounded familiar so I decided to look it up. And found:

Thanks for the info, man. I guess I could have googled it myself but didn't think of doing it. With this information I'm going to completely forgive Itachi's sharingan having three such disconnected powers. In fact, it would have been strange if it hadn't had, considering how these three seemed to go together in mythology.

Jessper
Sat, 12-05-2009, 12:56 AM
The eyes seem to be switched in the Narutoverse though? I wonder why.

kaniskii
Sat, 12-05-2009, 02:57 PM
hmm I dunno, i looked like Itachi was testing Sasuke. He got rid of the cured seal and orocimaru, even Zetsu was saying he was taking hits he should have dodged. I dont think it was because he was handicapped, I think it had everything to do with Itachi not wanting to kill Sasuke. But he knew that Sasuke needed to get stronger and that his hatred for him was the best way, so he played on that till the very end. And I'm not sure what Itachi told Sauske, but I'm sure that it was something that will make Sasuke forgive him. Look at the opening sequence, you Sauske standing there crying, who else in his life right now would he cry over other than itachi?

Penner
Sat, 12-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Yeah... i don't see how Sasuke (or anyone for that matter) could ever forgive Itachi for killing his family, not to mention the entire Uchiha clan...

lilphatboi88
Sat, 12-05-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm gonna be pissed if what a forum poster was true. He guessed (possible spoiler so I turned the following text white) Tobi manipulated Sasuke into believing Itachi killed the whole clan. He later says Itachi used the "hate me, detest me" thing to make Sasuke stronger.

ShinobiNiNaritai
Sat, 12-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Horrible Subs 480p
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=101987

Marik
Sat, 12-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Flow - Sign (PV) (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6550428/17004819)

Sam98034
Sun, 12-06-2009, 12:12 AM
Itachi also said something to Naruto that we didn't hear, remember? Maybe he said something to similar to both of them.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/366/07/

james90krauser
Mon, 12-07-2009, 12:57 AM
I too think the same...But what could have Itachi told to Sasuke ......Its killing me

lilphatboi88
Mon, 12-07-2009, 03:57 AM
itachi's been a spy for konoha on akatsuki

Kraco
Mon, 12-07-2009, 05:01 AM

So, Konoha planned the massacre of one of their founding clans just to have one man inside Akatsuki?

Yeah, right.

Archangel
Mon, 12-07-2009, 05:43 AM

Spoilers!!! ( well not really )

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-07-2009, 08:18 AM
So, Konoha planned the massacre of one of their founding clans just to have one man inside Akatsuki?

Yeah, right.To be fair, the rest of the Uchiha were pretty scrubby.

isso
Mon, 12-07-2009, 09:21 AM

Yeah, right.

I don't think that was the reason, it must have been something far more severe reason... Hmmm... Uchiha had a lot of meetings and stuff like that, they might have been planning something... I don't know but doing it to get one spy in Akatsuki can't be the only reason... Only time will tell!

@james90krauser : Yeah, it's killing me2!

Kraco
Mon, 12-07-2009, 09:59 AM
That sounds more like the Third Reich reasoning than the Konoha we have seen during the original Naruto and Shippuuden. Surely you aren't suggesting not only all the men but also all the babies, children, women, and elders of the Uchiha clan were involved in some grand conspiracy?

There hasn't actually been yet revealed a single sensible reason for the genocide. Itachi has repeated he did it to test himself but on the other hand if he had left them alive, he would have much easier acquired the eternal sharingan, without the need to fight Sasuke (and die in the process). I suppose Itachi and Madara might have obliterated them all to remove future competition. That's all I can think of. Certainly Konoha had nothing to do with it.

ASSpirine
Mon, 12-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Also, Konoha would have wiped out their entire police force. Wondered who took over after the massacre?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Madara's reasoning for wiping out the Uchiha's seems pretty obvious.

He's been defeated by Konoha twice. He clearly considers them his enemy, it makes sense that he would simply want to deprive Kohoha of having any access to the Sharingan.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 12-07-2009, 04:22 PM

Yeah, right.

are u covering your tracks now? did i hit it on the spot?

Anyways, Itachi lied about working with Madara. I've never really seen them work together. Oh wait, I was basing this on a possible spoiler I heard. I think his name is Azonlonthaus or something. He said, (in white) Itachi tricked Sasuke into thinking that he massacred his family. While Madara was the one and Itachi had just showed up on scene.

Kraco
Mon, 12-07-2009, 05:13 PM
For future reference, lilphatboi88, if you hear a spoiler somewhere, possible or confirmed, you don't need to replicate it here. If you still want to post it here, assuming you aren't a manga reader yourself, word it so that people won't think it's a spoiler. So, don't call it a spoiler you found elsewhere. Call it speculation or whatever (as long as it was only a possible spoiler, real ones aren't welcome). It's just confusing and may get your post edited by a mod as well as get you warned.

Azonalanthious
Mon, 12-07-2009, 07:40 PM
And for the record, don't read the manga and I've made incorrect predictions before. I like trying to guess what might happen, sometimes I'm right (tobi as head of Akatsuki, though I don't think I posted that one here), sometimes I'm wrong (Jiraya fight ending). Luck of the draw.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 12-07-2009, 08:29 PM
For future reference, lilphatboi88, if you hear a spoiler somewhere, possible or confirmed, you don't need to replicate it here. If you still want to post it here, assuming you aren't a manga reader yourself, word it so that people won't think it's a spoiler. So, don't call it a spoiler you found elsewhere. Call it speculation or whatever (as long as it was only a possible spoiler, real ones aren't welcome). It's just confusing and may get your post edited by a mod as well as get you warned.

Sorry, I don't understand. I got confused. So call it a speculation as long as it is a possible spoiler?

What if, in fact it was a real spoiler?

ASSpirine
Mon, 12-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Someone will, from time to time, speculate about something and be right. It is not always (an intentional) spoiler. If you're a manga reader, and you know the speculation is correct, don't point it out that it is a spoiler. Then you have spoiled it for us...

I think I speculated about two things in which I was correct. The fact that Kabuto was the "spy" for Sasori and the way that Shikamaru won the fight with a blood ampul of Hidan against Kakuzu. That doesn't mean I'm a manga reader at all.

Of course, the very wild and crazy speculation about the massacre of the Uchiha (sort of) ordered by Konoha is of a different proportion. There is no lead whatsoever to claim that, then report it to the mods. Don't quote it, not even in white font. ;)
As Kraco said earlier, then you're responsible for the spoiler.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 12-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Alrighty, sounds good. Thanks.

Can I assume most people here don't read the manga then?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-08-2009, 01:23 AM

I don't understand the point in making such an assumption with the "no spoiler" rule in place, for for all intents and purposes, yes.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 12-08-2009, 01:41 AM
the question was to determine whose posts can be influenced by manga, and therefore help me determine how I can be informed.

Kraco
Tue, 12-08-2009, 02:38 AM
The basis is that whether people read manga or not, the anime forum contains no intentional future manga information. You don't really need to think about if somebody reads manga or not. Occasionally some manga reader may post by accident a bit of manga information and those the posters themselves or mods try to remove as soon as possible. The history knows a couple of cases of douches who purposefully posted major manga spoilers. They were rewarded with a long vacation. Permanent kind of long.

Also keep in mind that using a white text colour to mask information in your post is not a way to justify posting a real spoiler. Real spoilers aren't allowed at all (spoiler defined as advance information from manga, even if you don't read the manga yourself but heard it from someone who does). People simply occasionally mask parts of their text for various reasons, like, for example, if some episode had a trick you needed to think about to catch or if an episode contained a major revelation and the poster thought somebody might read the thread before watching the episode.

redcat
Tue, 12-08-2009, 06:22 AM
Alrighty, sounds good. Thanks.

i dont know. but i assume most manga readers would want to watch the anime too.

poopdeville
Wed, 12-09-2009, 12:06 AM
We do. I typically make the same observations about corresponding parts of the plot. Though I will have thought things through a little better than when I read the corresponding part of the manga (especially since the anime is actually pretty helpful at clearing up people's emotions/intentions).

For example, did anybody notice Itachi crying in the last episode? What, if anything, does this mean about his intentions for Sasuke?

isso
Wed, 12-09-2009, 09:53 AM
For example, did anybody notice Itachi crying in the last episode? What, if anything, does this mean about his intentions for Sasuke?

When did he cry???? I missed it.

Kraco
Wed, 12-09-2009, 10:58 AM
All I know is that he was crying blood all the time.

poopdeville
Thu, 12-10-2009, 12:41 AM
When did he cry???? I missed it.

Let me see if I can find what I'm talking about.

Archangel
Thu, 12-10-2009, 05:55 AM
Let me see if I can find what I'm talking about.

Please do, as i too have no idea wtf you're talking about