PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 474

Marik
Wed, 12-02-2009, 07:27 PM
MangaStream

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nzzd5inmywi) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/p6j6fx) | Onine Viewing (http://mangastream.com/read/naruto/474-6/1)

darkshadow
Wed, 12-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Frankendanzou, interesting I guess. Though even more interesting will be if he can actually fight madara

michelous
Wed, 12-02-2009, 08:08 PM
another cool fact is naruto might become hokage soon \
and i wonder what is under the sealed arm

Yukimura
Wed, 12-02-2009, 08:12 PM
LOl I love how Kakashi just went "Well, Danzou is a douche, I guess I have to be hokage now" and Yamato was right behind him with out a second thought. I hope Danzou vs Madara is somewhat entertaining but I'm expecting Madara will wipe the floor with him to smooth Kakashi's ascension.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 12-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Sakura wants to kill Sasuke? Is she retarded? She doesn't even know what she can and can't do.

Naruto being all hesitant gets tiring. I thought he grew out of that by now.

michelous
Wed, 12-02-2009, 08:46 PM
garraa said that same thing

Sidnne
Wed, 12-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Well, now we can finally, without debate, squash the Danzou=Madara theory.

I think its also pretty inevitable that Danzou will ally himself with Madara now that he has pretty much been rejected by the villages and Kakashi appointed Hokage. He really doesn't have any other options at this point, and thats most likely what Madara came to see him about.

RyougaZell
Wed, 12-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Sakura wants to kill Sasuke? Is she retarded? She doesn't even know what she can and can't do.

Naruto being all hesitant gets tiring. I thought he grew out of that by now.

No. The retarded one is the author that writes without having a real plan.

I loved that the chapter basically told Naruto he's an idiot and that everyone and their mother wants Sasuke dead now.

FireEmblem
Thu, 12-03-2009, 01:49 AM
As much as I want Naruto to give up trying to convert Sasuke, it's not for the same reasons as most people. I just want him to stop that so that I can see him become hokage and progress.

But for the plot, he should NOT give up on Sasuke. Unless Kishimoto planned to have Naruto "go back on his word" that is. But the point of the story is exactly that. Naruto and his nindou or whatever, which is to never give up and to never go back on his word. If he betrayed that now then the entire plot would lose what it has been pushing since the beginning.

What the fuck @ Danzou's arm? This will be interesting at least. And as someone mentioned it will probably mean that Danzou will team up with Madara. Meaning that Madara will have Root as well for his army. Speaking of his army, how the hell does he plan to go to war again? We have seen that Bijuu's alone are not enough.

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-03-2009, 03:39 AM
LOL I love how Kakashi just went "Well, Danzou is a douche, I guess I have to be hokage now" and Yamato was right behind him with out a second thought.
I loved that as well. I'm really eager to find out what happens to Danzou.

No. The retarded one is the author that writes without having a real plan.
I dunno, I think Kishimoto has had the "Sakura trying to kill Sasuke" thing up his sleeve for a long time now. It's only now that we're learning about it, but the setup has been there for a while.

I'm sure he has some vague sense of how he wants the characters to interact. It's only when he writes himself into a corner that he creates some random character with an eye jutsu, or invents a rapping beast with 17 tails powered by friendship and ramen.

That said, the logic of "I love Sasuke so much I'm going to kill him" is laughably bad. If these characters were vampires it would be borderline Twighlight stupidity.

Archangel
Thu, 12-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Ah, i loved this chapter; everyone shares my hate for Sasuke now :)

Well it was long overdue but i guess realism is finally setting in for those guys and i can only hope that Naruto will agree by the time the next chapter arrives

The whole thing was highly entertaining but the most amusing part was that Sakura now thinks she can take on Sasuke? Even if he's already blind by the time they meet i STILL don't think she has any chance against him

ForteCross
Thu, 12-03-2009, 06:27 AM
As much as I want Naruto to give up trying to convert Sasuke, it's not for the same reasons as most people. I just want him to stop that so that I can see him become hokage and progress.

But for the plot, he should NOT give up on Sasuke. Unless Kishimoto planned to have Naruto "go back on his word" that is. But the point of the story is exactly that. Naruto and his nindou or whatever, which is to never give up and to never go back on his word. If he betrayed that now then the entire plot would lose what it has been pushing since the beginning.

What the fuck @ Danzou's arm? This will be interesting at least. And as someone mentioned it will probably mean that Danzou will team up with Madara. Meaning that Madara will have Root as well for his army. Speaking of his army, how the hell does he plan to go to war again? We have seen that Bijuu's alone are not enough.
actually you cannot tell if "going back on his word" will lose the plot, think about it... will naruto think rationally? like a leader, trying to get the better good or will he blindly follow a stupid phrase from 3 years ago?

RyougaZell
Thu, 12-03-2009, 09:41 AM
A good leader needs to know that if he tries to save 'everyone' he would most likely endanger thousands. Saving all is the ideal yes. But Sasuke at this point will kill anyone just because he is emo. Naruto needs to learn that the hard way. I see Sasuke killing either Sakura or Kakashi before this shit resolves.

ForteCross
Thu, 12-03-2009, 10:29 AM
still, there hasnt been a point of no return in sasuke's life, he has not yet killed anyone with a face

redcat
Thu, 12-03-2009, 11:09 AM
The whole thing was highly entertaining but the most amusing part was that Sakura now thinks she can take on Sasuke? Even if he's already blind by the time they meet i STILL don't think she has any chance against him
but, she can like, punch. REALLY HARD.

even if she had enough training to beat him she would just fall apart as soon as she looks at him and goes back into "sasuke-kuuuun" mode again.

February
Thu, 12-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Finally we can get rid of that DUMB Danzo = Madara debate. Who were the idiots that started that theory? We need to call them out and bash them :)

EDIT: I remember they were the same idiots that said Tobi = Obito

lol....

rockmanj
Thu, 12-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Hmm... now that I think about it; I can totally see Sasuke offing Kakashi, leading to Naruto eventually becoming Hokage. Kakashi's attitude about being Hokage was hilarious...like "ehhh"

UChessmaster
Thu, 12-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Finally we can get rid of that DUMB Danzo = Madara debate. Who were the idiots that started that theory? We need to call them out and bash them :)

lol....

You know the sad part about this is? somewhere, someone beleives they`re still the same person and one of them is a clone >>

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Actually, it's still entirely possible that Madara is using Obito's body right now. His old body was killed by the First Hokage, and it seems that he's only got one Sharingan. The hair is also the same, which in anime land, is pretty conclusive evidence most of the time.

Him using Obito's body would also explain why Kakashi's Mangekyo has time/space altering properties. Some Sharingans apparently have innate skills (like Usui's), and time/space jutsu appear to belong to both Madara and Kakashi.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 12-03-2009, 03:26 PM
The advisors to Konoha's past 3 hokages are fucking assholes, and we all know Danzou's a dick. Maybe I want Naruto to fight and kill Sasuke, but I DON'T want him to do it on the advice everyone is giving him. For all his fighting prowess, the third was a pussy. The Uchiha Clan's story likely did not have to end the way it did, assuming the third had more nerve to stand up against the advisors. There's no telling that if the third were to change the way the Uchihas were systematically treated, that their desire to revolt would have been quelled, but at least it would've been a good attempt, since that desire was borne from the Uchiha realizing that the fear of their power was what caused them to be marginalized.

I don't want Naruto to be that kind of leader. Advisors are as fallible as anyone else. Even if everyone is telling Naruto that Sasuke needs to be killed, and even if most people reading this agree, Naruto needs to get some input direct from the source before he makes his decision. He should come to an understanding of the situation on his own, and THEN weigh in what everyone else has to say about it. Once he's done that, he can come up with his decision and proceed accordingly. If Naruto is incapable of producing thought and analysis that is worthwhile in decision making, he need not become a leader. A leader should not simply be a machine that receives directions from its advisors.

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-03-2009, 04:13 PM
If Naruto is incapable of producing thought and analysis that is worthwhile in decision making, he need not become a leader. A leader should not simply be a machine that receives directions from its advisors.
Very true...
Haagh...

Kadoza-sama
Thu, 12-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone. I'm semi new to the forums, had an old account that I rarely used, and I've been reading many of the thoughts of the posters. I took away something very different personally and it goes back to Jiraiya's wish and Pain's final question. Jiraiya has tasked Naruto with finding a way to combat the growing hatred in the ninja world, and Pain inquired how he would deal with it. While Naruto says he doesn't know, he innately understands that refusing to give in to it is the key. He refused to kill the man who murdered his mentor, and refuses to give up on Sasuke. Sasuke himself has become the embodiment of this Hatred, a kind of culmination of what power, betrayal, and family can do in the worst way. His peers are all succumbing to it as well, and in the face of this rising pressure, I hope Naruto maintains his ideals. I doubt he'd waiver until he confronted him face-to-face, regardless if Sasuke kills his friends. I think Naruto would be determined to not kill him, unless completely convinced otherwise. And that would require them to talk.

Edit: As a matter of fact, it was Naruto's compassion and mercy that saved many that had already died in the village. His heart prompted Pain to use his ultimate jutsu to save all those he killed. (As Dragon Ball Z-esque it was, it happened.) IN the Naruto world, it seems that those leaders that forsake their beliefs end up corrupt, kinda like the real world. And I think Kishi is determined to have Naruto keep his ideal. He probably wants to help him more now, after hearing about the clans past from Madara. I also can't see Naruto being 'stable' after he killed Sasuke. I think that the thought of killing his 'brother' would sit in his mind as the ultimate failure.

And for all the talk of his criminal status, he's only killed Orochimaru, Deidara, Itachi, and fodder ninja. I can't see Kishi having Sasuke or Naruto die, or Kakashi personally, given how he literally brought him back from the dead. Sakura... meh, she could be killed, or maybe Sai will sacrifice himself if Sasuke tries to deal a deathblow. Who knows? I'm just saying I can't see Naruto kill Sasuke giving how Naruto's dealt with enemies he cares far less about.

Lastly, for all the talk of how Naruto needs to change his heart to be come a leader, I don't think thats what Kishi wants him to be seen as. I think he wants Naruto to be a savior, someone who's incredibly strong, but who's true strength lies in his impenetrable will and heart.

samsonlonghair
Thu, 12-03-2009, 11:07 PM
It's good to see Danzou and Madara at the same place at the same time Thus finally putting an end to that dumb theory. I'm curious to find out what's up with Danzou's arm.

Sidnne
Thu, 12-03-2009, 11:12 PM

lol....

Has that theory been disproven?

Archangel
Thu, 12-03-2009, 11:38 PM
And for all the talk of his criminal status, he's only killed Orochimaru, Deidara, Itachi, and fodder ninja.

Oh, so it's cool to kill fooder ninja/samurai? I loled

rockmanj
Fri, 12-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Oh, so it's cool to kill fooder ninja/samurai? I loled

Yea! those fodder ninja had families too!

Not to mention Sasuke willingly left the village (a crime in and of itself) and allied himself (first) with one of the Leaf's biggest enemies, then (second) with an international criminal organization.

Rikudo
Fri, 12-04-2009, 02:55 AM
For those people saying Danzou will end up working with Madara, I don't think that's gonna happen considering Madara wants Sasuke and Sasuke wants Danzou dead.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 12-04-2009, 03:59 AM
I'm pretty sure Sasuke also wants Madara dead.

Strider
Fri, 12-04-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm pretty sure Danzou also wants Sasuke dead.

Don't think Danzou is more concerned for retaining his life and keeping him from Madara than he is about acquiring the eyes for the village or eliminating them from another group's arsenal.

I felt the chapter was pretty light. I didn't dig it much.

Sakura thinking she can take on Sasuke was as ridiculous as Sasuke fighting several Kages and living.

Some Sharingans apparently have innate skills (like Usui's), and time/space jutsu appear to belong to both Madara and Kakashi.

Who was Usui? Don't think I remember that one.

Or are we talking about Shisui [of the Mirage] that Itachi "killed" and that Danzou took an eye from?

Tenbatsu
Fri, 12-04-2009, 10:40 AM

Yea! pains parents were fodder ninja and look what happened when somebody killed them!

XanBcoo
Fri, 12-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Who was Usui? Don't think I remember that one.

Or are we talking about Shisui [of the Mirage] that Itachi "killed" and that Danzou took an eye from?
Oops, that's who I meant, yes.

poopdeville
Fri, 12-04-2009, 02:12 PM

Not to mention Sasuke willingly left the village (a crime in and of itself)

Meh, a "crime" Jiraiya did. Jiraiya didn't ask for permission to stay and teach Nagato and the other kids. He just stayed behind, for three years. Sasuke has been gone only slightly longer than Jiraiya was.

and allied himself (first) with one of the Leaf's biggest enemies

And then proceeded to kill one of the Leaf's biggest enemies.

then (second) with an international criminal organization.

Even that's not really enough to make it on Konoha's hit list.

Sasuke crossed the line when he attacked Killabee, like Sakura and Sai and the Land of Lightning people said. Considering how ruthlessly ANBU Roots and the like fight, it is not implausible that Sasuke is an agent for SOMEBODY in Konoha who could possibly protect him after his mission is over -- like Danzou or Tsunade. (Though as much as I want to think Sasuke a "good guy", or at least on a mission, I know he probably isn't)

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Meh, a "crime" Jiraiya did. Jiraiya didn't ask for permission to stay and teach Nagato and the other kids. He just stayed behind, for three years. Sasuke has been gone only slightly longer than Jiraiya was.

And then proceeded to kill one of the Leaf's biggest enemies.

Even that's not really enough to make it on Konoha's hit list.

Sasuke crossed the line when he attacked Killabee, like Sakura and Sai and the Land of Lightning people said. Considering how ruthlessly ANBU Roots and the like fight, it is not implausible that Sasuke is an agent for SOMEBODY in Konoha who could possibly protect him after his mission is over -- like Danzou or Tsunade. (Though as much as I want to think Sasuke a "good guy", or at least on a mission, I know he probably isn't)

Oh yes. Its definitely the same case.

Sasuke went with Konoha's #1 enemy.
Jiraiya went with 3 powerless kids.

Yet Jiraiya did return. And the 3rd probably knew what he was doing and allowed him to stay. Sasuke never told anyone what he was going to do and left with the enemy.

The same case indeed.

So Sasuke should be left off the hook because he killed Orochimaru?

Why not let Itachi off the hook? He killed Orochimaru too. And Uchiha traitors.

According to your words, Zabuza should not be a missing nin, cause he tried to kill a bad kage (Madara?)

If defecting one's village, allying with your worst enemy and almost killing a fellow nin is not worth being on the hit list... why was Itachi in the hit list?

Seriously... what the fuck poop?

Sidnne
Fri, 12-04-2009, 08:52 PM

Sasuke "leaving" the village is more than just not being physically present for a while. Sasuke has abandoned the village, severed all ties, dissolved his affiliation, and committed unsanctioned acts of war. Do we also need to mention that he was on his way to attack Konoha before Madara interrupted him and told to go kill the new Hokage instead?

There's really no way you can sensibly compare that to Jiraiya.

poopdeville
Sat, 12-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Oh yes. Its definitely the same case.

Sasuke went with Konoha's #1 enemy.
Jiraiya went with 3 powerless kids.

So Sasuke should be left off the hook because he killed Orochimaru?

Why not let Itachi off the hook? He killed Orochimaru too. And Uchiha traitors.

According to your words, Zabuza should not be a missing nin, cause he tried to kill a bad kage (Madara?)

Actually, we SHOULD let Itachi off the hook. He was on a mission. And if Sasuke is on a mission, he should be let off the hook too. And if he hadn't crossed the line and attacked Killabee, he could have been let off the hook still (even if he wasn't on a mission when he went to stay with Orochimaru), like Naruto (and apparently Tsunade) wanted.

The point being: Sasuke wasn't a "serious" criminal until he started waging war on people Konoha doesn't want to fight with. Nobody in Konoha thought he was a serious criminal when he killed Orochimaru, or Deidara, or Itachi. In fact, people thought/hoped he was coming home. Itachi wanted people to see Sasuke as a hero who left the village to get his revenge, and return to Konoha victorious.

More to that point: Konoha is only hunting Sasuke because he attacked Killabee. "Missing-nin" status is something villages give ninjas they want to distance themselves from politically. Konoha would have been happy to let Sasuke be a "missing nin" if all he ever did was kill Akatsuki guys.

I get the impression that the current Mizukage and her cronies respect Zabuza. For trying to kill the last Mizukage. The younger swordsmen still call Zabuza "senpai". The current Mizukage has specifically said (something, which I will fill in shortly -- if I recall correctly, the previous Mizukage was removed -- edit: nope, they haven't said how the last Mizukage left, but the current one called the "BloodMist Village" years a nightmare). If I (and I suppose we) are right about Madara being the previous Kage, I suspect that the current Kage wouldn't consider Zabuza a missing nin, but a hero and patriot (or something).

And to answer your question: Itachi was on the Konoha hit list because Danzou and the advisors want him dead. But Konoha was not actively seeking Itachi. Indeed, after Sandaime died, Itachi returned to Konoha to remind Danzou about the elders' promise to protect Sasuke (and to remind Danzou that Itachi is still around to protect his little brother)

Archangel
Sat, 12-05-2009, 04:01 AM
It's incredible how some people are still so adamantly defending Sasuke's actions even after all the shit he's pulled... that's all i have to say

Pandadice
Sat, 12-05-2009, 05:08 AM
lol

"would you kill someone you love, because of love?"

so Sakura's gonna nice boat Sasuke? that little yandere.. i look forward to it xD

6Zabuza9
Sat, 12-05-2009, 06:15 AM
Lets say Sasuke was a soldier of the USA. Then randomly one night he disappeared and randomly joined the Taliban. US would most definitely want him dead. As well the attack on the Kages is like running into a UN meeting and started attacking everyone and cutting off one of the leaders arms off.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 12-05-2009, 06:19 AM
Ga-rei zero quote should have no place in a Naruto thread. It is an insult to the better show.

Pandadice
Sat, 12-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Ga-rei zero quote should have no place in a Naruto thread. It is an insult to the better show.

lol, surprised someone picked up on it. but it's all i could think about when reading this chapter xD

Raven
Sun, 12-06-2009, 01:52 AM
Last panel of page 16: that's Naruto's "holy crap he's gonna kiss me" face.

CapsuleCorpJX
Sun, 12-06-2009, 04:28 AM

Naruto sees Sasuke as his brother. To give up on or kill a brother is much harder than to kill a crush (which is what Sakura has decided to do).

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 12-06-2009, 04:53 AM
What we've seen is that ONE bijuu alone isn't enough. What we've also seen is that techniques rule supreme, right after eye powers. So depending on what Madara has up his sleeve by way of techniques, he may be able to use the Bijuu as a power source to fuel them, Like Kisame + Samehada uses their opponents chakra to fuel Kisame's techniques. I know Madara said that he doesn't have anywhere near the power he once had, but we don't specifically know what he's lacking compared to his former self. The bijuu might somehow make up for it, maybe even more than make up for it.

As for Danzou...just kill him off already.

Sidnne
Sun, 12-06-2009, 01:13 PM
As for Danzou...just kill him off already.

Yeah, he is a really boring character. But we know that isn't going to happen; look how long Sakura and others have lasted. :p

redcat
Sun, 12-06-2009, 04:25 PM
but... but... he's going to RELEASE HIS ARM!!1

Assertn
Sun, 12-06-2009, 04:56 PM
I liked Danzou better when he was a fragile old man.

Archangel
Sun, 12-06-2009, 05:46 PM
I liked Danzou better when he was a fragile old man.

Wait... what?

When was he ever fragile? He creeped the hell out of me the second they introduced him

shinta|hikari
Sun, 12-06-2009, 06:52 PM
A creepy fragile old man then. Creepy and fragile are not mutually exclusive.

It just seemed he was a better character when he was plotting and using his brains and not using eye jutsu and unleashing his sealed arm.

XanBcoo
Sun, 12-06-2009, 07:00 PM
It just seemed he was a better character when he was plotting and using his brains and not using eye jutsu and unleashing his sealed arm.
Hasn't that been the what's wrong with the manga for a very long time now?

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 12-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Yes. One of the several things.

And man, that mechanical arm is so fucking stupid. It looks like five metal sausage links stuck in a fruit can.

Assertn
Sun, 12-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Obviously no character in the Naruto world can lose an eye or limb without it inevitably being replaced by a SUPER eye or limb.

james90krauser
Mon, 12-07-2009, 12:36 AM
I dont see that a fight betweeen Danzo and Madara will take place most likely Madara will talk danzo into joining him by telling that the leaf has abandoned him and he should join Madara...

Sidnne
Mon, 12-07-2009, 01:35 AM
Yes. One of the several things.

And man, that mechanical arm is so fucking stupid. It looks like five metal sausage links stuck in a fruit can.

I don't think its a mechanical arm; it looks like its some kind of brace that he has his arm bound inside of. He says he is "releasing" his arm, so I would assume that means removing the metal unit to unleash its power.

Either way, its lame.

samsonlonghair
Mon, 12-07-2009, 01:53 AM
It's true that Danzo is a total dick, but I actually like him. You know why? He acts like a ninja. Danzo's always got some sneaky shit going on, and he's willing to have people wiped out in order to protect his own agenda. He's no nice guy, but at least he's not letting his feelings get in the way of getting his job done.

Sidnne
Mon, 12-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Danzou is the old guy from Ninja Assassin.

darkshadow
Tue, 12-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Lol this was exactly how Kisame was killed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gcSlEaLg4w&#t=52s

Inspiration?

redcat
Tue, 12-08-2009, 09:41 AM
I don't understand how their arms passed thru each other.

XanBcoo
Tue, 12-08-2009, 01:34 PM
I don't understand how their arms passed thru each other.
I was wondering the same thing.

rockmanj
Tue, 12-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Ninja Magic.

FireEmblem
Tue, 12-08-2009, 06:35 PM
I just don't get Danzou. This dude has been wanting to be Hokage since he was born or something. The moment he becomes Hokage, he goes and does something completely retarded. He totally could have played the good guy and maybe whooped some "Akatsuki" ass during that meeting and gained the trust of the other Kages and secured his seat as Hokage. Now everyone will know he's a shady bastard.

He left that summit quick as hell too the moment he knew Sasuke was coming. What a little pussy!

dragonrage
Tue, 12-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Is it just me or has anyone else get the feeling that Saske is going to betray Madara. The fight between Him and Naruto is inevitable and will more likely be the climax of this series, but I get the feeling that whatever power Itachi gave to Naruto was to help him break whatever hold Madara has on Saske.

When the time comes for the clash between Naruto and Madara, Saske will play a pivotal role but will loose his light forever, making him helpless and harmless. This way there would be very little objection to him being back since Naruto basically saves the world and all and it is his wish.