PDA

View Full Version : Naruto 10th anniversary OVA

Pandadice
Tue, 12-01-2009, 10:40 PM
**WARNING** content that is shown after the credits of this OVA could be interpreted as spoilers. view at your own discretion

didn't see a thread for this, so i made one.

10th anniversary of Naruto's serialization.

Naruto - Jump Super Anime Tour 09 - The Cross Roads [h264-vorbis 360p].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=101549)

Not the best quality, but it was watchable.

-

I thought the OVA was pretty cool. They did the cgi pretty fantastically. I mean, I still prefer the traditional animation like the series over the cgi models, but the cgi here was done pretty well. And I mean, I've watched URDA.. I've seen some bad cgi....

The story was alright. I really like the small missions setting, and wish more filler arcs would take this approach, rather than some over the top world destroying, best-villian-alive story that they always seem to do :\.

maybe I just appreciated the animation because I enjoyed the mission. or maybe I only enjoyed the mission because I was only half paying attention, because I was paying so much attention to the animation. Either way, I've seen worse Naruto OVAs and episodes and movies, so this was definitely worth watching.

MasterOfMoogles
Wed, 12-02-2009, 02:02 AM
I thought this special was pretty fantastic. Brings back some of the nostalgia of the beginning of Naruto. Good action, funny moments, and an overall interesting episode. The CG didn't seem to be that good when they were sitting around talking, but pretty good during the fights. That would probably be my one complaint about it.

alpha826
Wed, 12-02-2009, 03:39 AM
yeah that was pretty badass actually. though the scene after the end credits is a MASSIVE SPOILER for non-manga readers, but its still pretty, damn cool.

Penner
Wed, 12-02-2009, 04:42 AM
What type of spoiler level are we talking about here? (I'm a non-manga reader)

Is it like the usual spoilers people sometimes "accidentally" post here that you can kinda shrug off and forget about later, or is the spoiler so big that if i watched it i would curse the studio into damnation for spoiling it?

Psyke
Wed, 12-02-2009, 06:06 AM
10 years already. How time flies. Kishimoto's been saying he wants to end the series, so we aren't too far from the end.

Archangel
Wed, 12-02-2009, 06:33 AM
10 years already. How time flies. Kishimoto's been saying he wants to end the series, so we aren't too far from the end.

Makes sense, the manga is running out of bad guys

PS: Huge doesn't even begin to describe the spoiler after the ending, anime watchers should thread carefully

redcat
Wed, 12-02-2009, 10:54 AM
or is the spoiler so big that if i watched it i would curse the studio into damnation for spoiling it?
this one

Kraco
Wed, 12-02-2009, 12:19 PM
I used to think Naruto has always sucked but watching this and being reminded of how much he sucked in the beginning makes it look like his present still sucky self might have actually learned a little bit. Sasuke of course doesn't even fit in the same sentence. He never sucked (at fighting), just lacked skills, strength and killer techniques.

Sakura... Heh. Yeah. She never even got a chance to fight before getting knocked out. Just like the old Sakura for sure.

poopdeville
Wed, 12-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Pff, how come they're doing B-rank missions before the time jump? It seems like this was before the Chuunin exam, judging from Sasuke's clothes and that Kakashi didn't know about Orochimaru yet.

The CG was cool, but it almost necessarily makes the art looks a little more generic/stupid than the regular anime (Kakashi's hair does NOT need a dozen shadows). Then again, the fluid animation is significantly better.

Heh, "Harlem no Jutsu".

Pandadice
Wed, 12-02-2009, 02:10 PM
wait guys, there aren't any spoilers for anyone who's seen the latest ep of shippuuden. everything at the end of this ep was discussed in the latest shippuuden ep.

Archangel
Wed, 12-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Pandalice. be quiet and realize what that character is wearing before running your mouth

Kraco
Wed, 12-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Enough about the spoiler already. Not a single word more.

Kagari
Wed, 12-02-2009, 05:23 PM
oh, fuck that...

Disclaimer this. right at the top of the post. the VERY top.

Wow. My face just got ruined by what I've seen. Seriously.

Pandadice
Wed, 12-02-2009, 09:58 PM
alright, i see what you guys are talking about. i guess that is a spoiler, and I'll add it to the first post.

Surely what I wrote up there wasn't so hard to understand. it's nothing series breaking.

Kagari
Thu, 12-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Appreciated.

And this really isn't "could be considered a spoiler". That's a downright earthshattering spoiler. Everyone, watch the scene after the credits at your own risk!

Fucking cool though. But fucking spoiled.

Logrus
Thu, 12-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Was it just me or were the animations like the entire naruto world was stuck in a Playstation game?

Pandadice
Thu, 12-03-2009, 02:57 AM
^lol, i actually thought the animation here was better than the Naruto games I've seen :\

I used to think Naruto has always sucked but watching this and being reminded of how much he sucked in the beginning makes it look like his present still sucky self might have actually learned a little bit.

I though that as well. like, the whole time I'm expecting this rasengan finish, but here this takes place before the chuunin exams.. so I'm trying to remember how the heck Naruto fought opponents before he learned that O_o

Logrus
Thu, 12-03-2009, 07:39 AM
I though that as well. like, the whole time I'm expecting this rasengan finish, but here this takes place before the chuunin exams.. so I'm trying to remember how the heck Naruto fought opponents before he learned that O_o

ahhaha yeah same here, think he just out-staminad them if that makes any sence.

That or he used some tactic, honestly cant remember either.

darkshadow
Thu, 12-03-2009, 08:16 AM
He fought his opponents by either suprising them or tapping into kyuubi chakra unknowingly.

Xyrox
Thu, 12-03-2009, 03:03 PM
This made me realize how much I miss the old music in Naruto.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 12-03-2009, 04:12 PM
So was this special instead of a normal episode this week?

Marik
Thu, 12-03-2009, 04:38 PM
So was this special instead of a normal episode this week?

No, Episode 138 aired normally.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 12-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Man, this thing was a lot of fun. I didn't realize how much less I liked even the canon parts of Shippuuden than I did the original series until I saw this.

Ninja life was just so much more fun back then.

Hearing all the old songs again(including Haruka Kanata) really wells up the nostalgia.

Kagari
Thu, 12-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Ninja life was just so much more fun back then.

Something about the simplicity of it that really made it great... Every ninja had a unique, distinct ability that worked/didn't work depending on the situation...

Made the world seem bigger and more diverse than shippuden, i guess.