PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday - Cyber Monday

itadakimasu
Mon, 11-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Anybody else compulsively buying stuff?

Amazon.com has been running some good deals on stuff... they're cycling new deals every so often on their site. I've placed 6-7 different orders since friday because the deals are only valid for a certain period of time before the revert to regular price if left in your cart.

I picked up assassins creed (original) for 9.98, and earlier I got resident evil 5 for $19.99. Picked up several gifts for family members too to try to get a head start on xmas shopping.

Marik
Mon, 11-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I've been purchasing multiple games off of Amazon since last week. Amazon had this Black Friday Week thing going, so I was buying games every day.

My PS3 broke right after Assassin's Creed II came out, so I've been building up my 360 collection since I don't own a PS3 anymore. My current total is at 11 games purchased.

itadakimasu
Mon, 11-30-2009, 06:10 PM
they currently have the Tekken6 / Fight Stick combo for $59.99 on amazon but it will probably be sold out pretty soon.

Marik
Mon, 11-30-2009, 06:18 PM
The only thing I got today was Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for $29.95. I was going to get the Resident Evil 5 they had as a lightning deal for $19.98, but I passed on it since the gold version is coming out in February.

animus
Mon, 11-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I've been purchasing multiple games off of Amazon since last week. Amazon had this Black Friday Week thing going, so I was buying games every day.

My PS3 broke right after Assassin's Creed II came out, so I've been building up my 360 collection since I don't own a PS3 anymore. My current total is at 11 games purchased.

How'd your PS3 break?. Mine's about a year old already.

Though it's outlived my first 360 by 4 months already.

Marik
Mon, 11-30-2009, 07:25 PM
The GPU overheated. I was on the XMB one day and all of a sudden these green dots and lines were all over the screen. Everytime I tried to start it up after that, the system would freeze up instantly at the XMB.

itadakimasu
Wed, 12-02-2009, 11:55 AM
http://www.direct2drive.com/holiday/?_cmpid=d2d551

I found this on another forum. Looks like they have a special game each day. Right now it's Mirrors Edge for $4.95. I think they're all PC. haven't really investigated.