PDA

View Full Version : Mininova Fails...

David75
Fri, 11-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Just have a look at their site, you'll understand they limited themselves to copyright free torrents... or ones directly given by the authors.

There are other sources of course, but another big one fails.

Animeniax
Fri, 11-27-2009, 11:01 AM
More like "mininova falls". They got sued in Dutch courts or something like that. I thought they were small enough to escape notice, but it turns out they were one of the major sites.

Torrents really are getting out of hand and this is one way the entertainment industries can slow them.

Penner
Fri, 11-27-2009, 12:20 PM
lol public trackers... ;)

Sapphire
Fri, 11-27-2009, 01:15 PM
I was vaguely wondering why I can barely find anything on mininova.com anymore. Alas, there is torrentz!

...Demonoid is still dead isn't it?

Archangel
Fri, 11-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Yes they are, but they still say they're coming back

Torrentz is a dark and dangerous place... i'll stick with pirate ebay

itadakimasu
Sat, 11-28-2009, 11:15 AM
:(

This is sad news indeed... Mininova was my goto site for things, and I don't have another since I rarely dl stuff anymore. I ran over there monday when nobody had posted this weeks FMA or Inuyasha links...

"Music"
"Other Torrents"

f''ng weak.

Xelbair
Sat, 11-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Mininova was a small site?
it was rather one of biggest torrent sites!

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 11-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Anyone try this site out?

http://www.torrentpond.com

It kind of links a bunch of torrent sites in one place.

rockmanj
Sat, 11-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Kickasstorrents is pretty good too.

Kraco
Sat, 11-28-2009, 12:45 PM
If Nyaatorrents falls, then I'll be angry and worried. I hadn't visited Mininova for a while anyway so this isn't such a blow for me. Isohunt would be another very bad loss.

Paulyboy
Sat, 11-28-2009, 01:42 PM
OMFG I used to get norton diskeeper cleaner and other window softwares for free!! Now I have to use isohunt, other than that if they start cracking on torrented sites......... than damn. I already see it "$5 for 2 torrents".

Arcn3ss
Sat, 11-28-2009, 10:45 PM
I only need shit from a torrent .01 % of the time. I am sure if you looked/tried you could find what you're looking for on irc/ddl without having to go to torrents. But most people don't want to put in the effort.

David75
Sun, 11-29-2009, 02:31 AM
I only need shit from a torrent .01 % of the time. I am sure if you looked/tried you could find what you're looking for on irc/ddl without having to go to torrents. But most people don't want to put in the effort.

There's the effort
There's the speed, torrent is most of the time faster (except for old material?)
I didn't find a good xdcc client that would manage my dl lists, because you most of the time
only have one thread by channel? and it happens that series aren't batched...

but should they hammer the easy road, I'll be able to switch to the less easy ones.

Carnage
Sun, 11-29-2009, 06:31 PM

I would agree for anime, but I have a harder time finding tv-rips and movies on irc.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 11-29-2009, 07:54 PM
I bought a life time membership with megaupload a long time ago so i usually just use that for downloading movies/tv-show.

Getting 600 kb with a public torrent tracker is a once in a blue moon kinda thing.

Marik
Sun, 11-29-2009, 07:57 PM
I bought a life time membership with megaupload

How much does that cost?

UChessmaster
Sun, 11-29-2009, 10:33 PM
200 bucks

What i do is pay 15$ for a 3 months account and share it with a friend, my friend then, pays 15$ for the next 3 months and so on, doesnt seems like megaupload penalize account sharing.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 11-30-2009, 02:02 AM
That's what i do too kinda. My friend and I split to buy this account a while back and we both share it with our family too. Never got any complaint from Megaupload.

Sapphire
Mon, 11-30-2009, 06:11 AM
Megaupload has always looked kinda shady to me, but I do admit that it seems really convenient when you can share an acct with someone..!

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Megaupload has always looked kinda shady to me, but I do admit that it seems really convenient when you can share an acct with someone..!

They do have an 18+ counterpart, but I'm guessing you meant shady in a different way. (like money scamming or something, or spyware).

The lifetime membership deal is alright for the money I guess. It would come in handy, but I don't use DDL enough to justify the purchase.

Carnage
Mon, 11-30-2009, 10:21 AM
I bought a life time membership with megaupload a long time ago so i usually just use that for downloading movies/tv-show.

Where do you get your megaupload links?

Munsu
Mon, 11-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Newsgroups have been a godsend for me. Split the cost with a friend of mine at $11 a month, and I can download just about anything at max speed without having to be worrying about seeds and shit.

Don't know about megaupload, but when you have a program like jdownloader, it makes it a lot easier to download from all these filesharing sites like rapidshare, megaupload, badongo, sendspace, zshare, depositfiles, etc. Don't know if it's worth it to pay for megaupload, since in all it's one of the more reliable of the bunch particularly without memberships.

rlslog.net is a good place to look for these types of releases... the comments are littered with these links, though not always reliable (some post crap).

Marik
Mon, 11-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Newsgroups have been a godsend for me.

Ditto. I pay 11 bucks a month for astraweb. It's where I get most of my stuff.

Munsu
Mon, 11-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Ditto. I pay 11 bucks a month for astraweb. It's where I get most of my stuff.
Yeah, astraweb for me too. And I think their retention rate is over a year now, so all is good.

itadakimasu
Mon, 11-30-2009, 04:07 PM
mininova is isohunt's "sister site" and they appear to be near death as well.

I used to use isohunt all the time but switched to mininova because of their updates and what not, I liked the recent torrents on the main page.

Dark Dragon
Tue, 12-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Newsgroups have been a godsend for me. Split the cost with a friend of mine at $11 a month, and I can download just about anything at max speed without having to be worrying about seeds and shit..

Yep, Newsgroup is amazing. I keep filling up my HD space because of it, i'm gonna need to get a few more terabyte before i use their services again.

Tehparadox.com (www.tehparadox.com)

TwisT
Tue, 12-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Where to get news about new releases (and torrent and ddl-links):

http://www.rlslog.net/
http://www.scnsrc.net/
http://scenereleases.info/
http://www.zerosec.ws/
http://www.btarena.org/

I'd never heard of the one Dark Dragon links to before but from all the once i have checked out rlslog.net is by far the best. They cover almost all releases and usually exactly when it hits the net. The other cover much too but misses alot rlslog.net has and many times they can take hours longer to update a new release. But i usually check them all out every now and then, but i check rlslog.net at least 2-3 times a day.

I get most of my shit from DC++, except for TV shows which i have a private tracker. But if i can't find what i need on DC++ i usually got it from Mininova.org (best public tracker IMO) or DDL (like megaupload or hotlink, using the free download with limited speed).

Sad to see the best public tracker go down. I always got the best speed there (compared to the other big public trackers), it was the fastest in term of finding what you where looking for, and shit usually hit the site faster then most public trackers.

Paulyboy
Wed, 12-02-2009, 09:12 PM
rslog.net is cool (just to dl the rest of season 6, The Office) but jesus I went to btarena and on the advertisement theres a guy finger banging a dude in the ass while jacking off. What if I was on that site and my brother came in.... lol.

TwisT
Thu, 12-03-2009, 06:52 AM
lol well that i didn't know about, i have blocked so much in Adblock Plus that i rarely see any ads anywhere.

itadakimasu
Thu, 12-03-2009, 05:24 PM
some of these torrent sites are littered w\ spyware and shit... I was trying to dl something a year or so ago in this lab @ school, and they had re-imaged all of the computers but hadn't put anti virus oranything on them... I totally fragged this computer by browsing random torrent sites.

rockmanj
Wed, 12-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I know demonoid is still down, but is anyone aware of any good place to get comics torrents? I still buy the comics, but I'm looking for a way to fill in story gaps until I can find those issues.

Sapphire
Mon, 12-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Demonoid is back, yay!

Pandadice
Mon, 12-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Tokyo Tosho is down :(

I'm surprised i didn't see a thread about it here <.<.

site says they're moving. irc says it's because of a DMCA from Funimation.

I know they weren't a tracker, and just an index. But they were super useful. And their not-a-tracker status kinda makes me wonder "why/how did funimation take them down?" O_o. they don't host anything, they just bring it all together in one place.. that'd be like going after btjunkie for something hosted on the pirate bay <.<. or going after me for pasting a link I copied from the fansubber's site O_o.

either way, they say they're moving and they should hopefully be back after Christmas :\

and yeah it's not that big of deal for seasonal weekly releases, cause you can just go to irc, of the fansubbers site for those. But TT was nice because of the unexpected things that'd pop up. like the Summer was, and Cencoroll torrents. I'd of had no idea those were out if I hadn't seen them on TT <.<.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-21-2009, 08:14 PM
It doesn't look like they care whether it's actually hosting things or not. As long as it's useful to the fansubbing community and "poses a threat to commercial sales", they're asking for it to be taken down.

David75
Tue, 12-22-2009, 01:37 PM
I've seen that too, been refreshing the page every hour or so for many days in hope it comes back.

I honestly thought it was a technical problem, and not a cease and desist.

Pandadice
Tue, 12-22-2009, 01:47 PM
here is somewhat of an alternative while TT is down.

http://www.jishaku.net/

Marik
Fri, 12-25-2009, 02:35 AM
TT is back.

David75
Sun, 12-27-2009, 04:07 AM
The rumours prove true; it was Funimation DMCA requests that caused the downtime earlier this week. The DMCA requests were complied with but due to the number of them we were not welcome anymore at our old host.

So DMCAs were isued for each ep/show/torrent and not for all of Tokyo Tosho.
The host got fed up with the letters and cut the line it seems...

animus
Thu, 01-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Am I the only one who can't get on TT? It was working fine late last night.

Pandadice
Thu, 01-07-2010, 09:31 AM
it was working fine a few hours ago, but yeah i can't get on it either. :\

Paulyboy
Tue, 04-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Bumping this thread because not only does Mininova Fail but ISO HUNT!, yesterday I tried to find a movie, and isohunt is considered as mininova's sister site but now its gone, and I use kickasstorrents but I need a site just like iso or mininova. Are they cracking down on torrents? Because alot of people download and no one is buying that much anymore, so its kinda worrying.

David75
Wed, 04-07-2010, 12:13 AM
Bumping this thread because not only does Mininova Fail but ISO HUNT!, yesterday I tried to find a movie, and isohunt is considered as mininova's sister site but now its gone, and I use kickasstorrents but I need a site just like iso or mininova. Are they cracking down on torrents? Because alot of people download and no one is buying that much anymore, so its kinda worrying.

Seems to be working from Europe, for now at least.

Death13a
Wed, 04-07-2010, 12:17 AM
US user drew a LITE stick because of judge order, so it for US only but it's fine for everyone else. Use proxy!

animus
Wed, 04-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Well shit, any other public torrent sites with a huge database still?

piratebay installs a ton of spyware and whenever I go there, there's a 1 in 4 chance it locks up my desktop for some reason.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-07-2010, 07:26 AM
Piratebay installs spyware? Since when?

I've given up using it because isohunt's almost always better.

animus
Wed, 04-07-2010, 07:30 AM
I always get a malware detection popup whenever I go to the site so I have no idea. It's crashed my computer the last couple of times.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 04-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Heh, what security software does that?

Avast 5 picks up nothing. It's been a while since I ran some other antispyware apps so I might as well see what they pick up.

animus
Wed, 04-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Avira does it. I used to have Avast until I encountered a problem with the autoupdate that caused it to lock up my computer. And I just dislike AVG I think.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 04-07-2010, 04:14 PM
I've had a number of antivirus programs over the years and none of them ever flagged anything from Thepiratebay

If you go to Torrentpond, it has a number of torrent sites in the left pane. You can click on a site and it just opens up in your window, all sites bring results from one search. Some are shitty, some are pretty good.

Paulyboy
Wed, 04-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Gah! the only good site I know is kickasstorrents.com other than that pirate bay isn't that good, too much spyware and other shit... I even thought about going to wal-mart lol to get the 1.00 movie for a night.. its cheap but still.

Pandadice
Wed, 04-07-2010, 11:48 PM
i usually just go to btjunkie. since it's like an index that searches all those other sites (like TPB and Miniova) for torrents.

Paulyboy
Fri, 04-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I tried the site and its alright, not that bad. But there still has to be more!!!!

Edit: fully went through the site, really good. this site and kick ass torrents can hold for now. I just hope all the torrent sites dont close down.

Carnage
Fri, 01-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Found this site, its pretty useful. Thought this thread would be the best place to stuff it since other DDL sites are mentioned:

http://www.oneddl.com/

Also found this:

http://www.warez-bb.org/index.php

And this works alright for movies:

http://hd-bb.org/index.php

Edit: If anyone else has a really good link to share, please feel free to contribute.

Sapphire
Fri, 01-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Amazing. I barely remember Mininova.

Xelbair
Fri, 01-27-2012, 08:07 AM
you barely remember best torrent site after supernova?

Sapphire
Fri, 01-27-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't remember supernova either.

Carnage
Fri, 01-27-2012, 01:58 PM
All of that was eons ago.

Penner
Fri, 01-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Eons ago...

Kinda like how 'The Matrix' was released 13 years ago and LOTR 11 years... are we feeling old yet? :P

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 01-31-2012, 11:51 AM
Would you stop that??

Feels like it was only yesterday...

Edit: Oh, and to contribute to the matter at hand, I sometimes use filestube.com to search for DDL links. Lots of adds and a little user-unfriendly but gets the job done.

Napster, Kazaa, eDonkey2000, DirectConnect, AudioGalaxy.com & Suprnova.org were all off the chain!

David75
Tue, 01-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Would you stop that??

Feels like it was only yesterday...

I second that.

Strange thing is that I checked that corpse like 3 weeks ago.

Killa-Eyez
Tue, 01-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Matrix or LOTR?

Penner
Tue, 01-31-2012, 12:46 PM
Aw man, DirectConnect was the shit back in the day, i just loved browsing through peoples private stuff when they were stupid (or desperate) enough to simply share their entire harddrive to get into a hub :P