PDA

View Full Version : Anime Character Hate Thread

Sapphire
Thu, 11-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Do you hate a certain anime character?

Do you wish that he/she would die a thousand slow deaths? Do you wish that that character was real just so you could spit in their face?

If any of the above is true, post your rage and hate for that piece of crap here! Go ahead!

shinta|hikari
Thu, 11-26-2009, 09:57 PM
I hate Sasuke and Sakura from Naruto, for reasons that are so obvious I need not sully this thread with them.

For a more recent example, I hate Cecily from Sacred Blacksmith. She is way too arrogant and idiotic despite her severe lack of skill and constant dependence on other people.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-26-2009, 10:00 PM
I hated Maria at the beginning of Umineko. All she did was ~Uuuuuu.

Later, not so bad.

Sapphire
Thu, 11-26-2009, 10:26 PM
I am actually pretty neutral towards Maria, but I do get a twisted pleasure from seeing her being physically abused.

Same with Lena Lee from D.Gray Man, and of course HORRIBLE FREAKING SAKURA, UGH!!!

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Index and Hinata

nuff said.

Sapphire
Thu, 11-26-2009, 10:32 PM
LOL Why Hinata?

shinta|hikari
Thu, 11-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Index I hate as well, but Hinata is a bit too neutral to hate. Maybe bored with for some people, but not hate.

Archangel
Thu, 11-26-2009, 10:39 PM
LOL Why Hinata?

Because Zell is gay and likes it from behind by hairy men :mad:

I hate Sasuke and Sakura from Naruto, for reasons that are so obvious I need not sully this thread with them.

For a more recent example, I hate Cecily from Sacred Blacksmith. She is way too arrogant and idiotic despite her severe lack of skill and constant dependence on other people.

This

Also, this asshole

Natsuru Senou (http://myanimelist.net/character/24977/Natsuru_Senou)

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/characters/13/66066.jpg

oyabun
Thu, 11-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Hinata? really? I hated Maria from umineko too. I kept repeating the scene where her mother beats the hell out of her. It looked so much fun. It is because of the Uhhh thing she does.

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-26-2009, 11:53 PM
Well... I can hate whoever I want even if Arch gets bent about it.

Oh yeah... I also hate Marina Ismail from Gundam 00

TheBladeChild
Thu, 11-26-2009, 11:59 PM
Wow people seriously?

Suzaku

/thread

shinta|hikari
Fri, 11-27-2009, 12:06 AM
I didn't hate Suzaku as much in the end. Still, during the run of the show, Suzaku overtook Sasuke as my most hated character in all anime.

I also really hate Kaede Sakura from Kampfer. How self absorbed can a person get?

Also Shin Asuka from Gundam Seed Destiny. I mean, emo.

EDIT: I also despise Amartie from SAW II. Disgusting arrogant prince character that looks all shota.

Sapphire seems to have opened a can of worms. I feel there is so much more I can contribute to this thread.

darkshadow
Fri, 11-27-2009, 04:58 AM
Shinn wasn't emo, just angry and arrogant.

I dislike Kira, but more then anything I hate lacus, fuck that pink haired bitch needs to be crushed by a meteor.

Those are pretty much the only 2 anime characters I can think of right now... >_>

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Most recently: Nymph from Sora no Otoshimono as I mentioned several days ago (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=448913&postcount=76) in that thread, as well as the retarded banana girl from Kage Kara Mamoru.

I also second RZ's suggestion of Marina Ismail from Gundam 00. I loathe pacifists in mecha shows, and everything she does in the series just exacerbates it.

But the queen that reigns above them all:

Minmay from SDF Macross. Same exact reasons as Marina in Gundam 00...now that I think about it, they are very similar characters. But Minmay is also a whiny, selfish, self-centered cocktease.

oyabun
Fri, 11-27-2009, 05:56 AM
Yeah I hate Nymph from Sora too. How about making a thread for most likable character?

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-27-2009, 06:30 AM
How about making a thread for most likable character?
That would be pointless. Everyone would say Sawako.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-27-2009, 07:29 AM
Kouichi Hayase from Kurogane no Linebarrels.

I've only seen episode 1 of that show, and he pissed me off so much that I dropped the show afterwards after struggling to finish it. He acts like a wimp in front of bullies, then acts tough in front of his friends that came to help him as if he's on top of the world.

Apparently he's worse in the manga.

masamuneehs
Fri, 11-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Oh yeah... I also hate Marina Ismail from Gundam 00
RZ said it first (though many have echoed it. Marina Ismail is one of those characters I CAN NOT stand, as they are the embodiment of Arrogant Armchair Quaterbacking. She comes from a long line of annoying Gundam pacifist bitches (Lacus, and, and I could be wrong here, but I think the first, Relena Peacecraft), and since they are getting to be a staple of the franchise, I actually hate each new one a little bit less.

Gundam Wing was one of the first animes I ever watched, and still to this day thinking about Relena Peacecraft makes me want to punch something.

I think I once had a thread on Lacus, Kira and Athrun...
can't find it, but here is a quote

In sum: cheesy, nonsensical philisophical drivel, source of numerous plot holes, the boringest end a main character has come to in a long time = Lacus.

When the universe is being run by a pop star and that's supposed to be the source of life lessons and inspiration for heroes...

I didn't hate Suzaku as much in the end. Still, during the run of the show, Suzaku overtook Sasuke as my most hated character in all anime.

man, I could never figure out what the deal was with everybody hating on Suzaku. Sure, he contradicts himself, but, jesus, that's what people do! I was never a big fan, but I did admire some aspects of his character, particularly how he would try (or was forced to) reconcile his ideals with pragmatic reality, and his intensity.

One other character I intensely disliked was Yagami Light/Raito from Death Note. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't actually hate him. You have to sort of admire a guy who would kill anyone and everyone to get his ideals imprinted upon the world. But, well, I was particularly enraged that so many people watching that show thought he was actually a good guy. He's a psycho with a God complex and a cheap, random power, and if he'd been a middle aged man (or anything not ridiculously bishounen), everyone would have recognized him for the scum he was.

Honorable mentions: Stellar (Gundam SEED Destiny), Andrei (Gundam 00), the little girl from Gungrave, Aizen's Vice Captain from Bleach, Sakura (much less so as the series progressed) from Naruto, the Moon Worshippers from Turn A Gundam, Kai (Saya's "older brother", Blood+), Renton (but only sometimes, Eureka Seven), Aisha (Outlaw Star), Vash the Stampede (yes, yes, I know... Trigun), and just about everyone from the abominations known as X and Pilot Candidate.

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-27-2009, 09:01 AM
When the universe is being run by a pop star and that's supposed to be the source of life lessons and inspiration for heroes...
Yeah, everyone knows pop stars are supposed to be used as weapons. :D

RyougaZell
Fri, 11-27-2009, 10:12 AM
I also really hate Kaede Sakura from Kampfer. How self absorbed can a person get?

Ah yes. Kaede Sakura. I hate her as well. Every other female on the show is great but her.

Lets see... what other character I can't stand...

Sakai Yuiji (or whatever you spell it) from Shakugan no Shana.

Ougi from Code Geass.

Can't remember more at the moment.

But of all the ones I've mentioned... Marina Ismail and Index take the cake.

I don't dislike Nymph... yet. I haven't seen the most recent episode, so it probably change soon. Don't spoil me though.

Archangel
Fri, 11-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Oh, i can't believe this wimp hasn't been mentioned yet

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7122/shinji03.jpg

The way he manages to never stand up for himself in every single fucking adaption ( and there's a whole lot of them ) never ceases to piss me off.

Sapphire
Fri, 11-27-2009, 12:03 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk184/kai17danieltan/Letter-Bee.jpg

I HATE BOTH OF YOU

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-27-2009, 12:05 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk184/kai17danieltan/Letter-Bee.jpg

I HATE BOTH OF YOU

:(

Steak is fine?

(PS: I knew this was coming up as soon as I saw your thread :o)

Sapphire
Fri, 11-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Haha how did you predict my hatred?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Haha how did you predict my hatred?

You bitched about it on IRC. In fact, I remember one time you referred to the fair lady on the right as "bitch (who) killed the show".

Lag-hatred wasn't as foreseeable, but it's not surprising neither.

Sapphire
Fri, 11-27-2009, 07:16 PM
lol you're so cute when you say bitch.

YES, I admit it, my hate for tsunderes is only surpassed by my hate for loli tsunderes. And the guy on the left is one of the weakest whiners on TV, I am shocked and dissapointed at the fact that he's still alive.

Well I haven't seen Evangelion.

Archangel
Fri, 11-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Lol, Sapphi is so cute when she goes homicidal on wimps and lolis

RyougaZell
Fri, 11-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Lol, Sapphi is so cute when she goes homicidal on wimps and lolis

She's actually a closet Tsundere

Who else do I hate? Oh yeah. Hitsugaya Toshirou, Matsumoto Rangiku, Inoue Orihime and Kaname Tousen. All from Bleach.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-27-2009, 08:24 PM
well, other than the usual candidates for my (justified) hate, there's still the issue of minorin (toradora)
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1338/minorin19529071962834.jpg
(from another scene in which she refuses to state her opinion on the matter, and rather ruin things for everyone else instead - or from the first page of google)

Archangel
Fri, 11-27-2009, 08:29 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/paulosergio96/Untitled-2-3.gif

Sapphire
Fri, 11-27-2009, 08:40 PM
She's actually a closet Tsundere

I will destroy you.

*calls upon beatrice*

Archangel
Fri, 11-27-2009, 08:40 PM
I'll decorate your grave with candles and persona fan fictions Zell

RyougaZell
Fri, 11-27-2009, 09:09 PM
I'll decorate your grave with candles and persona fan fictions Zell

Knowing you... it will be Yaoi, so no thanks.

I also hate Misaki from Darker than Black, but still... Index is the most hated. And Marina Ismail.

Sapphire
Sat, 11-28-2009, 12:22 AM
I think of the pink haired girl in DtB died, I wouldn't miss her very much.

Geddoe1
Sat, 11-28-2009, 03:44 AM
pretty much hate all the characters in Bakemonogatari and Haruhi. Bakemono characters just cos its one of the least interesting anime i've seen and Haruhi just had an annoying voice.

Pandadice
Sat, 11-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Hinata? really? I hated Maria from umineko too. I kept repeating the scene where her mother beats the hell out of her. It looked so much fun. It is because of the Uhhh thing she does.

i only watched the first 8 eps before i dropped it, so i can't say anything about the current maria. But yeah, at the beginning, I would replay that beating scene so many times. it was awesome xD

Oh, i can't believe this wimp hasn't been mentioned yet

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7122/shinji03.jpg

The way he manages to never stand up for himself in every single fucking adaption ( and there's a whole lot of them ) never ceases to piss me off.

actually, i hear he's a completely different character in the new movie that came out.

now as for the single character i raged about the most during a series.. that would be Setsuna Kiyoura from School Days.

I hated this chick so much. and though the hate has mostly subsided, i'm sure if i rewatched it my hate would resurface.

Sapphire
Sat, 11-28-2009, 03:29 PM
pretty much hate all the characters in Bakemonogatari and Haruhi. Bakemono characters just cos its one of the least interesting anime i've seen and Haruhi just had an annoying voice.
I'm surprised you hate the characters from Bakemono and Haruhi lol. Which ones do you hate the most?

RyougaZell
Sat, 11-28-2009, 04:48 PM
now as for the single character i raged about the most during a series.. that would be Setsuna Kiyoura from School Days.

Ah... School Days. I completely disliked whats-her-face... the chick Yukimura has as an avatar. I can't even remember her name.

Idealistic
Sat, 11-28-2009, 05:49 PM
I hated Flay from Gundam Seed soooooooo much. That manipulative bitch. Glad she died. She ruined that series for me.

Archangel
Sat, 11-28-2009, 05:57 PM
I hated Flay from Gundam Seed soooooooo much. That manipulative bitch. Yay spoilaz! Spoilaz are xo awexome!!!

I don't think there's any need for that second part

MFauli
Sat, 11-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Ah... School Days. I completely disliked whats-her-face... the chick Yukimura has as an avatar. I can't even remember her name.

haha, but you dont hate itou makoto? :P

not that i hate him, one of the most adorable anime-guys ever...just being surprised ^^

Pandadice
Sat, 11-28-2009, 11:27 PM
oh yeah, another character I severely disliked.

Urumi Kanzaki from GTO. this chick showed up half way and made me contemplate dropping the series :\

Yukimura
Sun, 11-29-2009, 01:56 AM
In no particular order:

Flay Allster - What a bag of douche she was, and she wasn't even that good at it so I couldn't respect her for being a magnificent bitch like I did Rau LaCruset.

Hitagi Senjougahara (Bakemonogatari) and most other 'modern' tsundere chars - The reason here is because I thought she was an emotionally weak, bitchy character like most 'modern' tsundere chars seem to bee. I don't usually have a problem with emotionally weak characters who are aware of and open about their weakness. I also don't have a problem with bitchy characters who can back their bitchiness up with some tangible emotional strength that demonstrates that they really don't need or care for the approval of other people. However, 'modern' tsundere seem to glorify the idea of being a bitch because one can't or won't treat people with respect due to some personal, emotional reason while still craving the approval and support of others (or a specific other)'. My dislike for this character type is boosted to hatred by the fact that characters like this are often gifted with a love interest who is infinitely willing to suffer their bullshit so they don't have much impetus to change their bitchy ways in order to fulfill their emotional support desires.

Cecily Cambell - Similar to the above, my hate and those like her comes from her vapid sense of entitlement and self-righteousness which is backed by nothing but her superficial title and her personal belief in her convictions. Cecily's character is introduced with nothing to her character but convictions yet time and again she tries to behave as if her convictions alone are enough to demand that the world bend to her will in the service of said convictions. She repeatedly need to be rescued from the consequences of her folly by other characters. To make matters worse she has shown a tendency to turn around and condemn those who have save her from herself in the past, once again based on nothing but her self-important belief in her convictions.

Akira Takizawa (Eden of the East): I just never liked this guy. Something about his personality pissed me off immensely nearly every time I saw him say or do just about anything after a few episodes. I could respect him somewhat for being decisive and bold at times but his overall attitude just grated on my nerves for some reason and I couldn't stand him.

Repeats:
Sakura from Naruto - Not so much for being mostly useless in battle except that one time, but for being a self-absorbed ninny who thinks everything should revolve around her love life.

Marina Ismail - I give Relena a break as she seemed to grow somewhat over the course of her series and at least tried to make a real difference a few times. Marina was just a completely useless character who did nothing but get in the way and try to undermine the determination of people who actually tried to make things better.

Xelbair
Sun, 11-29-2009, 07:18 AM
Shinji for being a pussy.
Kaede Sakura from kampfer - i just hate her personality.
Tabby form .Hack// ROOTS is just plainly annoying.
Most of male green green cast.
Yoko from gurren lagan.
and much more that i don't remember.

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-29-2009, 07:35 AM
oh yeah, another character I severely disliked.

Urumi Kanzaki from GTO. this chick showed up half way and made me contemplate dropping the series :\
I believe we have discussed in the past (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=438267&postcount=42) why you are so horribly, horribly wrong about this.

Ryoko from Shangri-La, but you're supposed to, because she is an absolute bitch.
Oosugi Satoshi from Eden of the East, for thinking he's better for Saki.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 11-30-2009, 03:03 PM
I believe we have discussed in the past (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=438267&postcount=42) why you are so horribly, horribly wrong about this.

So true, Urumi is one of my favorite character from GTO.

As for the character i hate. I don't particularly hate any character tropes nor do i dislike characters that are meant to be the target of hatred. I think the only characters that i truly hates are the one that makes me want to smash my head full force into the monitor when they show up so that pretty much leaves:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7133/orihimeanimeep139.jpg (http://img687.imageshack.us/i/orihimeanimeep139.jpg/)

Carnage
Mon, 11-30-2009, 04:11 PM
I hate Kubo.

RyougaZell
Mon, 11-30-2009, 04:17 PM
I hate Kubo.

Why didn't I think of that before?
I hate him too.

And Kishimoto.

Screw it if they aren't anime characters. They make characters I hate... or turn characters I like into useless imbeciles.

Sapphire
Mon, 11-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Orihime should either die or turn into a character like Halibel

Archangel
Mon, 11-30-2009, 06:53 PM
I belong to the i hate Kubo fanclub too

And i forgive Orihime, because she tries hard and has great knockers

enkoujin
Tue, 12-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Minor character, but I found this one particular manga charcter really pitiful and filled with rage:

Asakura from Shounan Junai Gumi who let this mobster rape his own girlfriend while he waited outside her house so he could hire the mobster to get revenge on Onizuka and Ryuuji.

Sapphire
Tue, 12-08-2009, 11:03 PM
WHAT!!! That's horrible. I have to read this now.

masamuneehs
Wed, 12-09-2009, 08:08 AM
enkou's post got me thinking: where do villains and other baddies stack up on this list? i mean, villains are almost always supposed to be disliked, if not despised (at least understandably so by the show's good guys), but isn't a viewer hating a bad guy, to quote Max Stone, "too easy"?

it's hard being the bad guy. you have to have twisted desires, some sort of crazy ideaology, and you can never find good henchmen help. in the end, nine times out of nine and a fraction of a hundreth, the bad guy is going to have to not only be despicable, but also the loser, in the end. so, for me there is almost nothing a villain can do to earn my hate. in fact, i like to think of myself as a villain fan, of sorts.

of course, there is one thing that almost all villains inevitably do. by design, no matter how many times they've outsmarted, overpowered, or just plain old beat the good guys, any real villain has to become Too Stupid to Live, or fall victim to some other trope. but the one that goads me is Too Stupid to Live, particularly when the bad guy has been making fools out of everybody and anybody for the entire point up until the writers decide it's time for Jafar to bite the bullet. i expect a villain to fall to this, but some Too Stupid to Live moments are just insufferable, even by my standards (I'm looking at you, Gundam bad guys).

But the reason I'm making this post is because I do have a character to add to it, and it's actually not a villain who subscribes to most of the awful villain weaknesses. in fact, i love this character because I cannot stop hating him, no matter what he does. I've seen him at the pinnacle of glory and in the cellar of absolutely downtrodden and abused. He's made me laugh, curse, and, cry, for his sake and others. There's no way I can despise him for becoming who he is, but there's no reason I can't despise him now that he is that.

He is, as some of you might have guessed, Femto from Berserk.

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-09-2009, 04:37 PM
The Too Stupid to Live villains can't make this kind of list. They're always going to be James Bond style villains. Sure, they might be super geniuses, they might be powerful mafia bosses who have earned their power through very deliberate action or inspiring leadership, maybe they're just brutally ruthless.

But it's that stupid flaw introduced just to advance the plot that makes you strangely sympathize with them at their last moments. A bit of resentment towards the hero that waltzed into the evil lair and pressed the Victory Button before adjusting his tuxedo, headband, or the straps on his armor. How can you truly hate someone who did everything perfectly, only to fail because they're not the protagonist (especially ones who don't have to put in anywhere near the same level of effort to get that far).

But there are plenty of counterexamples:

I mentioned Ryoko from Shangri-La above, but there has also been Delphine from Last Exile, played supremely evil by Neya Michiko (Melissa Mao [FMP], Talho [E7], the original Riza Hawkeye). Yakushiji Tenzen (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=character&charid=256) from Basilisk.

Those three are villains that are overwhelmingly strong, people that the hero actually has to put in a tremendous amount of effort to overcome, and often has to face off with on more than one occasion. Ones that are perfect examples of those you completely despise.

But the characters mentioned have tended to be about characters that don't give that kind of satisfaction. They can't be defeated. The kind that are usually allies.

I think people like to hate villains, and seeing them defeated gives off a sense of satisfaction that abates a lot of the annoyance and frustration.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 12-09-2009, 07:03 PM
I generally hate all petty villains. If they are not intelligent or if their motives are too mundane, I get bored. For me, boredom always has a tinge of hatred.

Archangel
Wed, 12-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I generally hate all petty villains. If they are not intelligent or if their motives are too mundane, I get bored. For me, boredom always has a tinge of hatred.

You mean cliché objectives like world domination? Or maybe it's not the objective itself that needs to be mundane, but the methods used to accomplish them?

Pandadice
Thu, 12-17-2009, 10:36 PM
oh, I really didn't like the main guy in Fate/Stay Night.

SPOILER: but he died like 3 times through out the series, so that always mad me happy.

Archangel
Thu, 12-17-2009, 10:55 PM
That's a game spoiler by the way, not an anime spoiler

Below: Eh? That never happened in the anime O_o

Pandadice
Thu, 12-17-2009, 10:57 PM
really? i haven't even played the game/know anything about it O_o.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 12-17-2009, 10:58 PM
@Arch - motives, not objectives. Ex. what motivates them to dominate the world.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 12-17-2009, 11:05 PM
oh, I really didn't like the main guy in Fate/Stay Night.

SPOILER: but he died like 3 times through out the series, so that always mad me happy.

I always thought Shirou looked like a fucked up Archie Andrews. His character design is just awful

Pandadice
Thu, 12-17-2009, 11:17 PM
Below: Eh? That never happened in the anime O_o

first (or.. second maybe?) ep the dude dies, then he gets torn apart by Berserker.. I'm sure there was a third time, if he didn't actually die, he at least got turned into a bloody mess of flesh <.<

and boy.. that invisible text really shows well in quotes >.<!!