PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 137

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-26-2009, 08:46 AM
READ: I highly recommend that you don't watch the preview. It's not the worst we've had... but it's a tension killer nonetheless. Skip to 22:05 if you want to see the Tsunade skit.

Naruto Shippuuden: Ep 137 SD (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=100271) | HD (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=100272)

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm very pleased with that this episode was filled with moves worthy of a top-class ninja battle. All the moves were discretely used and thought out, reflecting Zetsu's words that techniques really are just tools, and that its mastery, placement and timing is what counts.

That rigged shuriken was genius, but what was more shocking (personally) was that Itachi normally could somehow dodge that in thin air with no footholds.

Battles where chakra capacity is limited are so much better to watch. It puts emphasis on that every move counts, as well as avoiding mindless clone/rasengan spammage.

Kraco
Thu, 11-26-2009, 10:12 AM
It seemed to me like Itachi lost his right eye after the black flames. The eye lost all sharingan characteristics despite the left eye still having them. Except for the colouring. This is really the end of the rope for him. He either gets Sasuke's eyes or that's it for him. Still, chakra or no chakra, Sasuke certainly looks much better off right now. At least he's not bleeding from his eyes and mouth like Itachi. I'm no doctor but such a bleeding is never a good sign.

One funny thing was how Sasuke's dragon shaped flame easily shattered the thick concrete of the dome but did nothing to Itachi's hand. Flesh is truly the strongest material in the Naruto universe.

ASSpirine
Thu, 11-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Didn't know that each eye masters another aspect. Maybe I should rewatch the episode of Jiraiya vs Itachi/Kisame for the Amaterasu that was used back then.

Nice episode, really hope that Itachi doesn't die just yet. He's such a cool character, want to see more moves from him. Doesn't he know any other ninjutsu except the fireball? All his other moves are either Taijutsu and Genjutsu.

Kraco
Thu, 11-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Could be neither of them can risk anything half-assed at this point, so they were concentrating their little remaining strength on strong techniques, that is, Ichiha techniques, it seems.

Although the preview suggested we might still see something else. Who knows.

Penner
Thu, 11-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Spectacular episode!

And i took Bill's advice and skipped the ending preview, i don't want the tension killed ^_^

Thanks for the heads up!

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Such a badass episode.

Was cool I guess finding out each eye does a different thing.

I was surprised that Sasuke's wing was still missing from his fight with Diedara. I had really expected that to regenerate. Especially after he shed his skin, which is supposed to regenerate your body. When he did that, and started his transformation, I thought he'd come back with both wings and be at full strength again. Instead he just blew a bunch of (admittedly cool looking) fire.

Not much else to say. Can't wait for the rest.

frog hermit
Fri, 11-27-2009, 02:27 AM
I really did not expect the cursed seal sharingan. I wonder what else CSS can do besides kill all genjustsu. i hope they expand on the idea of focusing the cursed seal in different ways, Sasuke seems to have mastered it.

November 11
Fri, 11-27-2009, 06:14 AM
Sasuke is really using his cursed seal and Orochimaru style to fullest extent, which is brilliant to watch.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 11-27-2009, 09:45 AM
I come with gifts.

Taka Naruto 720p (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_137_%5B720p%5D%5B2DD4 ED58%5D.mp4.torrent)
Taka Naruto 480p (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_137_%5B480p%5D%5B84F8 0161%5D.mp4.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-27-2009, 10:06 AM
I come with gifts.

Taka Naruto 720p (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_137_%5B720p%5D%5B2DD4 ED58%5D.mp4.torrent)
Taka Naruto 480p (http://www.takafansubs.com/torrents/%5BTaka%5D_Naruto_Shippuuden_137_%5B480p%5D%5B84F8 0161%5D.mp4.torrent)

Yeah, HorribleSubs this time had a few errors.

I loled when the subs went :"Fire Style: Fire Jutsu" when it was obviously Fire Dragon (something - bullet?) Jutsu.

isso
Fri, 11-27-2009, 11:54 AM
If Itachi would have wanted to win he already had won. But it seems like he wants a slow and agonizing death. perhaps he don't want to win against Sasuke... Hmm, who knows.. Absorbing Orichimaru made sasuke more powerful but yet, Orichimaru had no chance against Itachi.. Exciting!!!!:D

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-27-2009, 11:59 AM
If Itachi would have wanted to win he already had won. But it seems like he wants a slow and agonizing death. perhaps he don't want to win against Sasuke... Hmm, who knows.. Absorbing Orichimaru made sasuke more powerful but yet, Orichimaru had no chance against Itachi.. Exciting!!!!:D

Seems like Itachi's trying pretty hard to win no matter how you look at it. The only catch is that he has to keep Sasuke's eyes intact or all would be moot.

Orochimaru was a talented ninja with probably the biggest bag of tricks you'd ever find due to his hobby. He never had the sharingan though, nor did he seem to have any samples to test their ability with. He walked into a battle he had no chance of winning (by trying to take over Itachi's and Sasuke's body) and got defeated.

If Sasuke absorbing Orochimaru grants him all of Oro's knowledge/power/skills, him being stronger only makes sense.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-27-2009, 02:22 PM
If Itachi would have wanted to win he already had won. But it seems like he wants a slow and agonizing death. perhaps he don't want to win against Sasuke...I think if he wanted to annihilate Sasuke, he could have, but like Buff said, he needs to keep Sasuke's eyes undamaged, so no disintigrations. That probably limits what attacks he can use on Sasuke.

I really did not expect the cursed seal sharingan. I wonder what else CSS can do besides kill all genjustsu.Sasuke breaking free of the Tsukeyomi actually has nothing to do with the Cursed Seal since in the real world, he never transformed at all. It's all just in Itachi and Sasuke's head.

Zetsu explained it. Sasuke's normal Sharingan was able to break free of Itachi's Magekyou because he's just that skilled.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Sasuke breaking free of the Tsukeyomi actually has nothing to do with the Cursed Seal since in the real world, he never transformed at all. It's all just in Itachi and Sasuke's head.

Zetsu explained it. Sasuke's normal Sharingan was able to break free of Itachi's Magekyou because he's just that skilled.

Initially, that was my line of thought as well.

But then I thought about the scene where Itachi-clone fought Naruto and caught him in a genjutsu. Naruto did what Jiraiya told him - clap your hands together and try to clear your mind of the chakra manipulation.

In real life, he wasn't clapping his hands or anything, he was just standing there. But regardless, Naruto performed the move with confidence, as if it is "he who is trapped in genjutsu" is what counts.

So in the end, I don't know. Sasuke transformed in the genjutsu when he broke out of Tsukiyomi, but he was completely his normal self (with activated sharingans) back in real life. Whether that transformation has deeper meaning than being figurative of Sasuke having a power surge, I don't know. Genjutsu always confused me.

redcat
Fri, 11-27-2009, 08:48 PM
I assume sasuke broke Tsukiyomi the same way he overcame oro's body transfer

MasterOfMoogles
Fri, 11-27-2009, 09:14 PM
By using his plot armor?

I don't remember it specifically being explained how he broke Orochimaru's control aside from "He's just that awesome" and "Sharingan is overpowered".

frog hermit
Sat, 11-28-2009, 01:31 AM
By using his plot armor?

I don't remember it specifically being explained how he broke Orochimaru's control aside from "He's just that awesome" and "Sharingan is overpowered".

Plot armor! exactly what i thought when it was announced itachi wanted Sasuke eyes.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-28-2009, 08:15 AM

He saw through Oro's technique and knew how to counter it, which is why it absorbed Oro instead.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-29-2009, 09:55 AM
That's not an explanation.

He saw through it and saw how to counter it, but it didn't tell US how he countered it.

It was just "I have the Sharingan so you fail."

Kagari
Sun, 11-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Do you people actually want, or expect, a direct explanation of how the Sharingan works?!

The whole point of that eye is the consistent and unending layers of mystery that surround it.

When we first heard of it, with Kakashi and kid-sasuke, it allowed for the reading and copying of signs, and a deeper understanding of all forms of jutsu - right?

The user could "see" things others could not - subtle movements, specific hand motions, sneaky attack attempts, etc. That gave the Sharingan User a big advantage.

As the story progressed, and we learned more about Sharingan and that it has evolved, we've learned that there are different forms of this "eye". Mangekyou, Mangekyou 2.0. etc.

It isn't "Plot Armor" any more than Naruto's Kyuubi, Jiraiya's Sage Mode, Or even Pain's "6 paths".

How is a unique, mysterious ability a plot flaw? Sasuke's breaking of Tsukiyomi was shown with the "shattering" of the image. For all we know, that's what Itachi saw.

Sasuke's breaking of Oro's ability? That's why Sasuke is so fearsome right now. He obviously figured something out, about how the jutsu works, and managed to "unravel" it.

This isn't a plot flaw. This has been the power of the Sharingan all along. The ability to unravel and deconstruct jutsus in order to better understand them and counter them!!!

When you interview a sports star about a big goal, they dont say "oh, I used my muscles in my right arm to flex the stick at the right time. Then i turned on my heels with my left skate first, shot the puck at a 45 degree angle towards the net, and aimed for the small pocket of white! then i scored!" Who needs an explanation, the point is he was able to score, and he did. Sasuke was able to absorb oro and break tsukiyomi. We don't know why yet, but obviously there's something going on.

Newfags in this thread saying that sharingan is bad writing.

Kagari
Sun, 11-29-2009, 05:05 PM
By using his plot armor?

Yea! Remember when Kabuto ran in, and said

"Hey! How did you Do that!"

and Sasuke replied "I'm just that awesome."

and Kabuto was all "Pfft. Your eye is SOOO overpowered."

Yea, that's how I remember it being explained too.

chambers
Mon, 11-30-2009, 05:14 PM
im a little disappointed with the end result tbh. We have to assume that if oro was at full health he would have wiped the floor with sasuke and took his body. We have seen jiraiya fight on equal terms with oro, and now sasuke has just demolished itatch in a very short space of time it leaves me thinking... just how on earth did itachi survive the encounter with jiriaya originally, and even more than that how did kisame and itachi survive walking into konoha, are we simply to beleive with one fight (deidara is/was a joke, gara would have smashed him if they didnt fight in the village) sasuke is now the strongest player in the game? powerfull enough to beat or become a hokage? it just seems stretched now...

Jessper
Tue, 12-01-2009, 12:30 AM
I don't know about Sasuke being able to beat Itachi straight up. If Itachi didn't have to preserve his eyes I think this would have been over long ago. On top of that a big player in Itachi's strength has been the Sharingan which is very much watered down fighting another Sharingan user, especially a Uchiha.

Jiraiya's fight with Orochimaru is going to be on an entirely different level than any other fight he could have been in. They know each other very well, and it seems a lot of techniques in the Narutoverse are nullified with a bit of knowledge about them. Even with all of that, I expect Jiraiya will be one of the strongest ninja we will see in this anime. Itachi's reaction to Jiraiya was probably the only way he survived, run as fast as possible.

I do worry that Sasuke will be put on a pedestal with all these fights he is winning by circumstance rather than strength, though certainly if he takes Itachi's eyes and gains eternal Mangekyo the power of that unique ability will make him near the top almost without the skill he has shown recently.

I'm hoping that Itachi escapes and makes some sort of come back but it looks doubtful. It would also be nice if he could win the fight and perhaps instead make Sasuke flee, but I don't see that happening.

Kraco
Tue, 12-01-2009, 02:02 AM
Itachi fleeing would be meaningless since he's almost blind already. I don't think a blind Uchiha would be too powerful. Akatsuki would probably hunt him down and kill him as a potential security risk. Madara alone would do that for all Itachi knows about him and could spread with nothing to lose anymore.

Sasuke fleeing would cause the same thing, though, but I have a feeling for Sasuke defeating Itachi personally is more important than simply knowing he's dead by any means.

Archangel
Tue, 12-01-2009, 06:46 AM
Sasuke fleeing would cause the same thing, though, but I have a feeling for Sasuke defeating Itachi personally is more important than simply knowing he's dead by any means.

He didn't become an avenger so someone else could do the job for him, so there's no doubt in my mind that by the end of this we will have a clear winner and a clear loser.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 12-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Do you people actually want, or expect, a direct explanation of how the Sharingan works?!

The whole point of that eye is the consistent and unending layers of mystery that surround it.

When we first heard of it, with Kakashi and kid-sasuke, it allowed for the reading and copying of signs, and a deeper understanding of all forms of jutsu - right?

The user could "see" things others could not - subtle movements, specific hand motions, sneaky attack attempts, etc. That gave the Sharingan User a big advantage.

As the story progressed, and we learned more about Sharingan and that it has evolved, we've learned that there are different forms of this "eye". Mangekyou, Mangekyou 2.0. etc.

It isn't "Plot Armor" any more than Naruto's Kyuubi, Jiraiya's Sage Mode, Or even Pain's "6 paths".

How is a unique, mysterious ability a plot flaw? Sasuke's breaking of Tsukiyomi was shown with the "shattering" of the image. For all we know, that's what Itachi saw.

Sasuke's breaking of Oro's ability? That's why Sasuke is so fearsome right now. He obviously figured something out, about how the jutsu works, and managed to "unravel" it.

This isn't a plot flaw. This has been the power of the Sharingan all along. The ability to unravel and deconstruct jutsus in order to better understand them and counter them!!!

When you interview a sports star about a big goal, they dont say "oh, I used my muscles in my right arm to flex the stick at the right time. Then i turned on my heels with my left skate first, shot the puck at a 45 degree angle towards the net, and aimed for the small pocket of white! then i scored!" Who needs an explanation, the point is he was able to score, and he did. Sasuke was able to absorb oro and break tsukiyomi. We don't know why yet, but obviously there's something going on.

Newfags in this thread saying that sharingan is bad writing.Bull-SHIT. The difference between the Sharingan and the Nine-tails is that the Nine-tails does the EXACT SAME THING now that it did the first time Naruto used it. It just becomes more powerful every time.

Sharingan on the other hand does something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT every goddamn time it gets used these day. What the hell does "seeing things you can't normally see" have to do with tearing holes in reality or conjuring all consuming black flames?! And now, it might even be able to make you immortal.

If you don't see how that's plot armor you're a dipshit.

isso
Thu, 12-03-2009, 04:22 PM
I still don't think Itachi "thruthfully" wants to win. I think that he want's to test Sasuke and then let him kill him if he's powerful enough.. Tormented by the fact that he had to kill his family, his clanmembers etc.

Even though the logic is sound when you say that he doesn't want to destroy Sasuke thus destroying his "spare eyes" my guts tell me that he had some underlying unknown reason of joining Akatsuki...

Kraco
Thu, 12-03-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm surprised you can still say that after the maniac scene and the eternal sharingan explanation. Really, if you kill most of your clan and your own parents, killing your brother should be no big deal, and you certainly aren't hesitating anymore.

Kagari
Thu, 12-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Bull-SHIT. The difference between the Sharingan and the Nine-tails is that the Nine-tails does the EXACT SAME THING now that it did the first time Naruto used it. It just becomes more powerful every time.

Sharingan on the other hand does something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT every goddamn time it gets used these day. What the hell does "seeing things you can't normally see" have to do with tearing holes in reality or conjuring all consuming black flames?! And now, it might even be able to make you immortal.

If you don't see how that's plot armor you're a dipshit.

Hang on.. So the Nine-Tails does the "EXACT SAME THING" yet gets more powerful, which means it changes. Be it in nature, amount, etc. it still changes. It's a different thing, with new information attached to it. The Nine-Tails power that Naruto can use now is entirely different from the spires of red chakra that we first saw on the bridge.

The Sharingan does different things every time... How is that not the same? It is exactly the same thing.

Just because we've never been privy to all the mysteries sharingan holds, or how the users draw out those secrets, doesn't mean it's any different than other abilities.

Watch your language, by the way. If anyone is a dipshit, it's the guy who contradicts himself in the same post. It's just a show, don't get your panties in a knot.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-04-2009, 12:22 AM
aren't you going to continue defending your argument? I don't have to as there wasn't a single part of your argument that made any sense or disproved what I said.

The Sharingan does different things every time... How is that not the same? It is exactly the same thing. I mean, I'm seriously supposed to waste my time arguing with someone who just said "It doing something different every time is the same thing it does every time!"

Kraco
Fri, 12-04-2009, 01:45 AM
If you want to continue your little war, take it to the Pit. But leave this thread out of it. As it is, I deleted the useless posts. If you don't have anything relevant or constructive to say, don't say anything. That should be common sense.

Kagari
Fri, 12-04-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't have to as there wasn't a single part of your argument that made any sense or disproved what I said.

I mean, I'm seriously supposed to waste my time arguing with someone who just said "It doing something different every time is the same thing it does every time!"

Break it down.

The Sharingan doing something different every time is the same as the Kyuubi doing something different every time. that's what was meant by that line you quoted out of context.

The point I'm making is that Sharingan powers being revealed to us, or being discovered by the users, is the same as any other jutsu or ability that has new or exciting aspects being revealed.

It may seem like the sharingan is just an unbeatable "plot armor" or whatever, but I disagree. I think it's incredibly powerful, mysterious, and rooted in history - We cannot criticize what sharingan users do with it until we understand everything that it has to offer.

Clearly after 138, we see that he didn't just LOLSHARINGAN against Oro. He somehow countered the bodysnatching jutsu and suppressed oro's chakra. We can continue this in the 138 discussion thread, because that ep. showed that Sasuke isn't useless, and the Sharingan has even more secrets left to be uncovered.