PDA

View Full Version : Manga: Witch Hunter

Archangel
Sat, 11-21-2009, 05:42 PM
Summary:

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8853/16138l.jpg

Witches suddenly declare war against humans, causing two-thirds of the world to fall apart. They summon monsters called "Supporters" and devastate human residences... but why?

Survivors gather people with the power to combat the witches and called them Witch Hunters! Tasha Godspell is one of the strongest nicknamed "The Marksman" along with his "Jack-O-Lantern" looking Supporter. He fights the witches but cannot really bring himself to hate them...

Online Viewing (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/witch_hunter/) | Download (http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/1946) | Release updates (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=14809)

A korean manga that would best be described as the bastard child of D. Gray-man and Soul Eater

Its great comedy, action, art and enticing story have recently hooked me up. Definitely a fun read, hope you guys enjoy it too.

Archangel
Fri, 12-04-2009, 02:18 AM
Chapter 43 (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/witch_hunter/v09/c043/)

I really love this, but what are the chances of a korean manga getting an anime adaptation?

Ryllharu
Sat, 07-31-2010, 07:02 AM
Okay, I'm all caught up through chapter 49. Like many shonen/seinen manwhas, this has a great mix of humor woven into the action and drama. I've definitely laughed aloud at a few scenes, and some of the 4-komas.

Things that surprised me:
Halloween was a girl (love her design too, she comes off full of energy) Halloween turns out to be Mordred (heh, so as not to copy a certain female Arthur "Supporter," it is a female Mordred) How hot Varete is under her ugly, bulbous hat That, on average, Tasha is not the strongest except in specific situations That the WH organization uses a lot of witches themselves How deep North's moles go into the WH's

I like that in the 10 volumes so far, they've never gone back and explained how Aria awakened, or the circumstances of why she killed their family.

One big mystery is what exactly North intends to use Tasha for. He's both the potential cause and solution to the upcoming cataclysm. This gives me reason to believe that his real purpose is to make Aria freak out. He's the only one who can stop her rampage, but he's also the reason that she goes berserk. She's got an extreme brother-complex, and Varete is around to prevent anyone from killing her. Similarly, North and her forces also protect Tasha. They want him alive, because Aria would either lose her motivation to attract him to her, or she go absolutely batshit and be uncontrollable. I think this is why North protects them both, and also does her best to keep them apart. The two are constantly seeking each other, but North and Varete only let them connect for short periods. Now Varete has explicitly said that they are keeping them apart, but we don't quite know why.

The biggest question is what East wants. It's not clear if she is "dead" or not, what is certain is her current body is not her real one, and there is limited time left in it. She opposes North, but she definitely cannot be called an ally of the WH's. There hasn't been much of any hints at her true goal, and that makes her one hell of an interesting character.

I also enjoyed the Monica arc (witch of the people, with her dispel eye), and I like the direction they are going with the Xing/Yue - Xing - and Lee arc. I'd like if they brought Monica and Elmer (vampire sword girl) back, but as the ghost summoner said, they're a bit too weak to not get killed during this. The current arc with Halloween/Mordred is also quite good, and now I'm quite curious what is going to happen with a chapter entitled (Severance of the Contract).

Lastly, Varete is the former West, correct? It is either her or Edea (Tasha's master). Varete "died" so she lost her title and now works under North because she has a great loyalty toward Aria for some reason. It is also possible that once she gets a little older/stronger, Aria may be the new West.

Archangel
Sun, 08-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Vol.10 Ch.050: One's Desire (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/witch_hunter/v10/c050/)

Hilarious chapter, be sure not to miss the bonus page :D

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-01-2010, 04:28 AM
The gags were great in this chapter. Tasha imagining in horror after his discussion with Merlin. By the way, I didn't realize until this chapter that Merlin is wearing high heels.

Are they going to use Halloween to get Lancelot to definitively change sides, as well getting Guinevere? I'd almost rather they didn't. Lancelot needs a serious ass-kicking for being such an arrogant douche.

Archangel
Sun, 08-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Lol at the genetically engineered trap. Also at how Tania can grab a guy's junk without even blushing.

I think having Lancelot come back was an one sided plan from what's his face, he acted very much like a villain.

No i think Merlin just wants Halloween back so Britain can have a king once again, without a leader the place would stand no chance in the upcoming war.

animus
Sun, 08-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Tania probably grabbed her brother's junk and messed with him so much.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 08-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Wasn't it mentioned in the earlier chapters that Tasha is dying? I remember the precog witch saying that she will reveal info to him before his last year is over.

Archangel
Mon, 08-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Yeah, his sister cursed him somehow

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Witch Hunter c51 (http://depositfiles.com/files/80eegdbjp) : Severance of Contract

---------------------------

The title summed up this chapter accurately. They're going to take Halloween away. I wonder if she will want to. She certainly won't want to leave Tasha now, but when they unlock her choker, she supposedly will get her memories back. That might change things.

Her Saber-esque picture was awesome.

Also, Merlin totally creeps me out. It's not even the being half-female thing. He seems like one of those people who only serve their own ends, and wouldn't hesitate to betray anyone.

Archangel
Mon, 08-09-2010, 06:46 PM
I kind of like Merlin actually, he's the dark horse of the competition that may very well become a prominent evil figure in the future

I support TashaxHarem so them taking Halloween away might not be such a bad thing, it's pretty obvious they'll end up together by the end of it anyway

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-09-2010, 07:55 PM
I support TashaxHarem so them taking Halloween away might not be such a bad thing, it's pretty obvious they'll end up together by the end of it anywayWhat harem? I know I blasted through the series to catch up, but there is:

1) Halloween
2) Monica, who we haven't seen since.
3) Aria, his sister, doesn't count.
4) East, who is just screwing with him so she can kill North.
5) Diana, but she's only using him for amusement.

Unless I'm leaving someone out, that leaves Halloween and Monica. Not much of a harem if you ask me. The wikipedia article says a lot of girls like him, but reading the series made it seem a lot morel like most of the girls in the organization are on friendly terms with him, rather than like liking him.

Archangel
Tue, 08-10-2010, 03:48 AM
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/witch_hunter/v03/c010/41.html

Plus Halloween

Also he has all those witches gunning for him and regardless of their reasons you could make the point they also belong to it

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Witch Hunter - chapter 52 (http://dredshi.com/blogs/releases/2010/08/29/and-so/)
End of volume 10, now we must wait for volume 11

----------------------------------

I was hoping for the next step in the Halloween part, but I guess they've been keeping us hanging on the Bairong Empire stuff for a while.

Visul is badass. It really should have been expected, considering she beats up Xing when he is perverted and she was also one of the teachers of Emperor's Fist. Of course she would know how to use it herself. Can't properly teach a technique that strong without knowing it herself.

I do wonder how she has avoided her clothes from turning black or white. Perhaps she isn't even wearing the special ones, she's just been wearing normal gray clothing.

Archangel
Sun, 08-29-2010, 02:54 PM
More powerful than any other white class? Someone's full of herself...

I do wonder how she has avoided her clothes from turning black or white. Perhaps she isn't even wearing the special ones, she's just been wearing normal gray clothing.
She was using some sort of blocking magic in the form of earrings, didn't you see it?

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-29-2010, 03:12 PM
I thought that at first, but then the earring turned into her Chúi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chúi). So it's not that simple.

If those were some kind of limiter, her clothes would have changed immediately (assuming she is wearing the same type of uniform as everyone else). Similar to what happened with Elmar when she made a contract with the blood sword.

Archangel
Sun, 08-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Well it might come from the fact her power comes from Ki and not mana

Ryllharu
Sun, 08-29-2010, 04:42 PM
How does that make a difference? Xing is exactly the same, and he is a Black Rank. Aren't the only Witch Hunters who use mana Tasha and the witches within the WHs?

Tasha could only use it (before we found out he now generates it himself) because his glove destroyed a witch's hat and converted/stored her mana. Everyone else who isn't a witch uses Ki or something else entirely, like the ghost summoner.

Archangel
Sun, 08-29-2010, 04:47 PM
... good point.

Yeah i have no idea... i don't care anyway, i want them to go back to Sacha >_>

animus
Mon, 08-30-2010, 12:32 AM
Maybe she's just not wearing the Witch Hunter uniform that identifies your rank by color? Not sure since it's hard to tell what exactly the uniform is.

More powerful than any other white class? Someone's full of herself...

Oh and she said more powerful than the A class which is black (Xing, Tasha, etc.) The White Witch Hunters are S class.

Question I'm confused about Tania's character (Older sister of Taras). Does she torture him or does she dote on him? Taras is deathly afraid of her so she probably tortures him a lot. But when Tasha mentioned that he was in the same team as Taras she gave him a lollipop. Confusion.

Archangel
Mon, 08-30-2010, 02:49 AM
Fuck me, i need to pay more attention while reading...

And yeah she's a bit tsundere for her brother, she's the only one who can insult him and smashes anyone else who does

Ryllharu
Mon, 08-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Maybe she's just not wearing the Witch Hunter uniform that identifies your rank by color? Not sure since it's hard to tell what exactly the uniform is.

Question I'm confused about Tania's character (Older sister of Taras). Does she torture him or does she dote on him? Taras is deathly afraid of her so she probably tortures him a lot. But when Tasha mentioned that he was in the same team as Taras she gave him a lollipop. Confusion.Taking a risk by not wearing the protective uniform was my guess a couple posts up. Glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

As for Tania, she definitely dotes on him to an excessive level. Remember several chapters back when she met Tasha and the electric guy? It is implied she beats on him from his side, and she certainly insults him when he's not making a physical appearance, but she got really pissed when Tasha made a even slightly negative remark about Taras. There was another part where her personality shifted from the harsh view we normally see, right up until she discovered that Taras wasn't actually there, at which point she reverted.

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Witch Hunter v11 ch 53-54 [Scantily Clad Scans] (http://www.sc-scans.com/witch-hunter/) (formerly Dreshdi)

Some other group is doing it too if anyone cares. They also have done a chapter 52.5 which according to Scantily, doesn't actually exist. Will edit after I read them, I have been really looking forward to this series' return.

--------------------------

Pretty straight-forward chapters. Visul is a monster, Yue is a nice guy (probably too nice), and Lee is stronger than ever, but still alarmed at Visul's presence.

The only question remaining, or I may have simply forgotten, is who is the "toy" that South has found to play with?

Archangel
Thu, 02-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Chapter 58 (http://www.mangatraders.com/download/file/100395)

-----------------------

Talk about messed up family dynamics.