PDA

View Full Version : Glass Mask - Garasu no Kamen (2005)

David75
Mon, 11-16-2009, 03:21 PM
ANN:

Her father passed away very early and her mother lives and works in a crowded Chinese restaurant. Kitajima Maya, a 13-year old girl, has to carry the burden of making ends meet as she fights against her ill fate. However, she is able to overcome the trials and tribulations in her life with her passion and enthusiasm. She happens to encounter the reclusive actress Tsukikage who decides to train and mould her into the foremost actress of her generation.

http://www.bakabt.com/149192-glass-mask-glass-no-kamen-2005.html

A very nice show, I'm glad I stumbled upon it.
Image quality is not really good, subs might be average, but it didn't matter that much.
Maybe we'll get a better versions if DVDs are sold, for the show has been recently liscensed for the US market.

Have fun!

PS: as an interresting note, I think the Crimson Goddess/Scarlet Angel comes from folklore tales/background that has been used in Kannagi.

Kraco
Tue, 11-17-2009, 02:47 AM
Is this show all serious or does it have great humour like Skip Beat?

David75
Tue, 11-17-2009, 03:02 AM
Is this show all serious or does it have great humour like Skip Beat?

It's a rather serious show, I was quite surprised.
It really is centered around acting, a bit of interaction beetween people, and roughness of life.

I have troubles really describing it without spoiling. It's quite different from many shows I've seen and I had to adapt a little.
But the scenario and presentation tricks work quite well in getting you into it if you did not give up in the first few eps.