PDA

View Full Version : What happens to Fox Demon if Naruto dies?

CapsuleCorpJX
Mon, 11-09-2009, 04:31 PM
1) Demon dies permanently (probably not)
2) Demon escapes and starts trashing the place.
3) Demon is incapacitated for set period of time, and reappears like 10 years down the road.

Outside of #1, why would the Fox Demon help naruto out? Wouldn't he rather Naruto die so he can escape?

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 11-09-2009, 05:24 PM
If Naruto dies the fox will die. Permanent. When he fought Sasuke his neck was broken and he should have died but the fox regenerated Naruto's neck and took over.

That aside, when Naruto was clearly dying after they found Tsunade, you could see that everything around the fox went dark and he did not know what it was. So that makes me think that if Naruto dies so does the fox.

Sidnne
Mon, 11-09-2009, 05:59 PM
This is a stupid thread and should be locked. The fox already said himself that he dies if Naruto dies.

samsonlonghair
Tue, 11-10-2009, 12:56 AM
It's been said clearly that if Naruto dies, the kyuubi dies with him. There's really nothing to debate.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 11-10-2009, 04:07 PM
good, another thread to get flamed at because I hold a different opinion, these are my favorites.

first of all: my opinion. number 3, if not 2. I also think that Naruto is forming a sort of friendship with Naruto, and I read that famous line from the jiraya training with a different tone of voice. where other people hear kyuubi saying that he'll help because he's being threatened, I hear him saying he'll help because he appreciates Naruto's courage.

now, something with more meat.

it seems very unlikely that the demon dies with the host. if so, Jinchuriki would have been assassinated at a much higher rate (or at least aimed at), a country might not want to kill their own host-dude. but I doubt that they would mind killing the opposition, and tipping the balance of power in their favor.

at the very least, the village (leaf) didn't know what would happen if they killed Naruto, the sealing process was one-of-a-kind. and has never been tried before (as far as we know), only the 4th (and 3rd) knew the details about it, and with them dead, there's no one left who knows for sure. killing Naruto might kill the Kyuubi, or give him freedom again. it's unclear. but as long as it's within Naruto, it doesn't go out.

onwards. the other jinchurikis, they are all fighters, with tons of battles behind them, they are around for around a 100 years (since the 1st hokage?) or more (since the Payne ninja of six paths?), it means that either no Jinchuriki has been killed in battle, or that killing them doesn't kill the demon.

(fun note: every JInchuriki we've seen so far has been defeated, meaning that an akatsuki level ninja, in previous generations, could have beaten a jinchuriki, remember Kazuko the immortal?)

now: a question that can be asked is "If Kyuubi knows he won't die if Naruto dies, why does he help him?"
there are several answers, ranging from Shonen heart explanations, to just sharingan stupid.
one answer is that the Kyuubi has taken a liking to Naruto, and is giving him power because of respect, or boredom and wanting to see others make havoc around.
another answer is that the Kyuubi is taking shelter in Naruto. he's been beaten by Senjou, and then been dominated by Madare. so the kyuubi is afraid to go out, and prefers using his powers indirectly (via Naruto) and hope that together they can kill Madare (and all the mother-fucking-sharingan-cheaters).

and that's how it should end, Naruto killing Sasuke, and releasing the world from the terror that the Uchiha clan have put it in. even unnatural demons like the kyuubi have fallen under the iron boots of the uchiha clan, the hero must set us free from their oppression.

note: I choose to ignore the Juubi thing for now, maybe if we keep silent about it, Kishimonto would forget he ever wrote that.

poopdeville
Tue, 11-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Meh, the Kyuubi was approving of Naruto with impressed laughter when he "admitted" that he would die. Moreover, he ended that sentence with "Eh?". He liked the extortion more than he was afraid of the threat. http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/95/16/

Also, Naruto's seal has become weaker. So even if the Kyuubi was stuck in Naruto if Naruto died before, it might not be anymore. After all, the Mega-Bijuu would have escaped from the Sage of the Six Paths if he hadn't split it up.

Sidnne
Tue, 11-10-2009, 10:13 PM
good, another thread to get flamed at because I hold a different opinion, these are my favorites.

Your opinion is irrelevant given that it has already been stated IN THE MANGA that the
Kyuubi dies when Naruto dies.

Why is this thread still active?

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 11-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Logic

Man, it's funny how just a little bit of thought seems to bring to shame Naruto's storyline. I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if a jinchuruki dying doesn't necessarily kill the demon, with the rate at which supposed truths of the Narutoverse have been going to shitter, The only problem is that there are 2 Jinchuruki left. One of them is Naruto. We'll likely never get to see a Jinchuruki defeated in traditional battle. By that I mean, if you lose, you die. None of that getting captured and having the demon being extrated. That means the 8 tails won't answer the question for us. I certainly hope no one is expecting Naruto to 1) die, and 2) die while still being the demon's host. I suppose 1) could happen though, but that doesn't settle the matter either.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 11-11-2009, 03:46 AM

Because it's a discussion thread on a forum that is dedicated to uh... discussions.

Regardless of what you'd like to believe, there's no solid "fact" in the Narutoverse. It's a world made up by Kishimoto and therefore it changes to whatever he wants it to be. He already ignores established "facts" several times in the series, and the story itself contain an abundance amount of contradiction and plot holes. Kishi certainly don't give a ratass about continuity or any sort of sense making so neither should you.

So you can either contribute to the thread in a less annoying way or just ignore it, no one is forcing you to read and post.

Logrus
Wed, 11-11-2009, 12:10 PM
how do they know that then? All the Bijuu are still there no host has died with one so it cna be confirmed that the bijuu also dies :S

Maybe it remains sealed in the dead body until resealed?
Someone mentioned them getting assassinated GL.

Sidnne
Wed, 11-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Because it's a discussion thread on a forum that is dedicated to uh... discussions.

Regardless of what you'd like to believe, there's no solid "fact" in the Narutoverse. It's a world made up by Kishimoto and therefore it changes to whatever he wants it to be. He already ignores established "facts" several times in the series, and the story itself contain an abundance amount of contradiction and plot holes. Kishi certainly don't give a ratass about continuity or any sort of sense making so neither should you.

So you can either contribute to the thread in a less annoying way or just ignore it, no one is forcing you to read and post.

I guess we should start more "Who is Naruto's Father?" threads then. Or more "Does Team 7 Mirror the Sannin?" threads? Or maybe some "What color is Naruto's hair?" threads. Or "Who Will Be the 5th Hokage?"

Lets just disregard everything that has ever happened or been stated in the manga, by the author and have idiotic and pointless "discussions" about our own, personal, irrelevant opinions about it in spite of what we already know.

And tough shit for you if you think I'm being annoying, because I have contributed to the discussion more efficiently than anyone else has. I actually answered the proposed question based on actual information given to us by the author, rather than spewing useless opinion about what would please me more.
What exactly was it that you contributed to this thread again? Oh, thats right... nothing but a blatant flame. :rolleyes:

CapsuleCorpJX
Wed, 11-11-2009, 01:55 PM
I guess we should start more "Who is Naruto's Father?" threads then. Or more "Does Team 7 Mirror the Sannin?" threads? Or maybe some "What color is Naruto's hair?" threads. Or "Who Will Be the 5th Hokage?"

Lets just disregard everything that has ever happened or been stated in the manga, by the author and have idiotic and pointless "discussions" about our own, personal, irrelevant opinions about it in spite of what we already know.

And tough shit for you if you think I'm being annoying, because I have contributed to the discussion more efficiently than anyone else has. I actually answered the proposed question based on actual information given to us by the author, rather than spewing useless opinion about what would please me more.
What exactly was it that you contributed to this thread again? Oh, thats right... nothing but a blatant flame. :rolleyes:

What page of the manga are you getting the idea that the Demon Fox will die if Naruto dies?

I thought it was never settled, I never read anything concrete.

poopdeville
Wed, 11-11-2009, 03:06 PM

Name the page that's on, because as it stands, you haven't contributed anything but saying that "The manga says so" and been annoying. If you mean the time the Kyuubi and Naruto are talking while Naruto is learning to Summon, the Kyuubi wasn't exactly scared of Naruto, but impressed.

And we also know that Naruto's seal is weaker than it was three years ago. Even if the Kyuubi might have been stuck in Naruto's dead body then, it might be able to escape now.

In fact, if we're strict about the canon regarding seals, the Kyuubi is already dead. The Shinigami sealed up the Kyuubi and the Fourth Hokage inside Naruto, to fight for eternity. On the other hand, that seems to contradict what we have learned and seen about the seal otherwise (the cage, the seal tattoo on Naruto's bellybutton that turned into a Sharingan, the fact that the Kyuubi is evidently not dead)

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 11-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm sorry for posting off topic, but I feel I have to do this. Here's why the thread is still open: there has not been a mod who has seen the thread, that deemed it deserving of being locked. It's that simple.

Here's how you lower the chance of threads being closed: If you're posting in a thread that you enjoy and someone comes along and essentially says "this discussion is not worthwhile, this thread should be closed.", do 2 things:

1) Ignore said user. The same way you can advice him to stop reading the thread if he doesn't like it, you can stop reading and responding to his posts if you don't like them. Do not partake in derailing the thread with him. Give the mods no reason to close the thread

2) Post constructively and on topic. The only reason a mod will shut a thread like this down, is if they see that no decent conversation is occurring. As counter intuitive as this may seem, the best way to prevent that is to actually discuss the topic constructively. Give the mods a reason to keep the thread open.

If those two things done by most people in the thread, repeat party poopers will be the ones to suffer via warnings and maybe bans. The only reason I'm posting this is because I forsee this thread being shut down on account of it being derailed, and that would be a shame. I don't like being told what I should or shouldn't be discussing anymore than anyone else. But there's a way to deal with that that doesn't result in threads being closed. Going back and forth with people who want to see the thread closed isn't it.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 11-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I actually answered the proposed question based on actual information given to us by the author, rather than spewing useless opinion about what would please me more.

This is a stupid thread and should be locked. The fox already said himself that he dies if Naruto dies.

Before my post, the only thing you did was bitch about why this thread still exist. how is that contributing?

I wasn't really trying to flame you, merely stating that if it this thread really bothers you so much that you feel the need to ask the mod twice to lock it, then isn't it better if you just ignore it instead of trying to force other people to not discuss the topic?

As far the Kyubi dying things, unlike your other examples this one isn't blatantly obvious. The only thing you got so far is a vague statement from Kyubi said they will die. There was no explanation to why it had to be that way, it was just stated to be so. It was never mentioned how he knew, can Kyubi magically sense his own death? Did the 4th told him that it was going to be so? how? Since the condition was never set, it can easily be change by the author.

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-11-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm sorry for posting off topic, but I feel I have to do this. Here's why the thread is still open: there has not been a mod who has seen the thread, that deemed it deserving of being locked. It's that simple.

Here's how you lower the chance of threads being closed: If you're posting in a thread that you enjoy and someone comes along and essentially says "this discussion is not worthwhile, this thread should be closed.", do 2 things:

1) Ignore said user. The same way you can advice him to stop reading the thread if he doesn't like it, you can stop reading and responding to his posts if you don't like them. Do not partake in derailing the thread with him. Give the mods no reason to close the thread

2) Post constructively and on topic. The only reason a mod will shut a thread like this down, is if they see that no decent conversation is occurring. As counter intuitive as this may seem, the best way to prevent that is to actually discuss the topic constructively. Give the mods a reason to keep the thread open.

If those two things done by most people in the thread, repeat party poopers will be the ones to suffer via warnings and maybe bans. The only reason I'm posting this is because I forsee this thread being shut down on account of it being derailed, and that would be a shame. I don't like being told what I should or shouldn't be discussing anymore than anyone else. But there's a way to deal with that that doesn't result in threads being closed. Going back and forth with people who want to see the thread closed isn't it.
Thank you.

Sidnne
Wed, 11-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Before my post, the only thing you did was bitch about why this thread still exist. how is that contributing?

Really? Is that all I did? I'm pretty sure I said "The fox dies when Naruto dies." twice, in response to the question "What happens to the fox when Naruto dies?"

How is that NOT contributing?

Name the page that's on, because as it stands, you haven't contributed anything but saying that "The manga says so" and been annoying. If you mean the time the Kyuubi and Naruto are talking while Naruto is learning to Summon, the Kyuubi wasn't exactly scared of Naruto, but impressed.

Look it up yourself. I'm not searching through 470 chapters just because you happened to miss it when it took place. Others in this thread have stated the same thing I did, so that should tell you right there that I'm not bullshitting. I'm talking about the time Naruto is talking to the Kyuubi and demanding his help and the Kyuubi responds with something along the lines of "If you die, then I die, so I will lend you my chakra." Not an exact quote, obviously, but you get the idea. Have fun in your search.

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah, personally I think it's pretty obvious that the Kyuubi will die if Naruto dies. It's been stated quite clearly, and that seems to be the assumption on which the Kyuubi's actions have thus far been based.

That said, if people want to split hairs and speculate an ask the "what if" questions, go ahead. That's why the forums exist...

fahoumh
Thu, 11-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Chapter 95, page 16 was the earliest mention I could find: If Naruto dies, the Kyuubi dies (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/95/16/)

poopdeville
Thu, 11-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Yeah, except that doesn't say anything like that... Naruto says, "You live in my body, so pay me rent". And the Kyuubi says, "GWAHAHA, so if you die I die, eh? You've got guts for threatening me like this. Alright, here's a gift for coming this far"

The Kyuubi did not say that he would die. He said that Naruto was threatening him.

animus
Thu, 11-12-2009, 01:06 AM
What's the point of adhering to a threat if it isn't true?

poopdeville
Thu, 11-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Well, if you look at the page before, the fox asks "To come here... what do you want?" and Naruto impertinently says he wants chakra... and the fox says he likes his guts and gives him chakra.

You might see that as implicit validation of the threat, but I don't. Different perspectives.

fahoumh
Thu, 11-12-2009, 01:24 AM
You asked for a chapter and page number, which I found, and yet you still refute the consensus of the Kyuubi dying if Naruto dies. Wow.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 11-12-2009, 02:48 AM
On this one, I'm actually with poop and DBZ. Why? If Naruto were to fall there, he would most likely NOT have died, on account of the kyubi. Since that chapter, we've seen Naruto heal through some ridiculous things, of which a fall from high places is among the least impressive. Kyubi really did respond, at least in this case, to show respect for the extortion.

Where else has it been said that if the Naruto dies, the kyubi dies? I suppose there's some pretty compelling circumstancial evidence to support that theory, but at this point, I just don't see it as having to be true. Not only has no Jinchuruuki been killed while still remaining a host for a demon, but we know precious little about the methods by which the demons were sealed. Last but not least, established rules have been BLATANTLY disregarded in this manga and the behavior is increasing in frequency. I have no faith whatsoever in unestablished rules.

CapsuleCorpJX
Thu, 11-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Chapter 95, page 16 was the earliest mention I could find: If Naruto dies, the Kyuubi dies (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/95/16/)

Honestly, the Kyuubi sounds more amused that Naruto thinks Kyuubi will die with him than anything else.

If what you're assuming is correct, then a possible last resort action would be ask Naruto to kill himself, destroy the 9 tails, and make the "10 tailed" Eye Hypnosis plan of Madara impossible.

Personally I don't think this question is settled.

Most likely, the Kyuubi will be stuck in limbo for a number of years (longer than the average lifespan of a human), before he is released or at full strength.

That would be the only reason he sees in keeping Naruto alive as profitable, hoping for a chance to break the seal and take over his body.

If demons died with their host, there is no way, after all these years that all 10 demons would be still alive, at least one or two hosts would have died, taking the demons with them, making the creation of the 10 tailed beast impossible.

fahoumh
Fri, 11-13-2009, 12:58 AM
There was also the time when Sasuke butted into Naruto's conversation with the Kyuubi and after Sasuke supressed him, he told Sasuke not to kill Naruto or he'd regret it: Ch 309 P.06 (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/309/06/). It seems to me like he was trying to save his own life because if he were to be released if Naruto dies, then why would he even warn Sasuke?

Assertn
Fri, 11-13-2009, 01:39 AM
I would say Kyubi dies. However, here's some shit that you might have forgotten about.

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-097/page009.html

Shukaku remained sealed within the ashes of an old hidden sand priest.

XanBcoo
Fri, 11-13-2009, 03:20 AM
I think Kishimoto himself might have forgotten about that.

At the time I took it to mean that Shukaku was the spirit of the Sand Priest, sealed and then attached to Gaara. It's unclear whether or not Kishimoto intended Shukaku to be a tailed beast at that point.

Last but not least, established rules have been BLATANTLY disregarded in this manga and the behavior is increasing in frequency. I have no faith whatsoever in unestablished rules.
Sad but true.

Assertn
Fri, 11-13-2009, 04:44 AM
I think Kishimoto himself might have forgotten about that.

At the time I took it to mean that Shukaku was the spirit of the Sand Priest, sealed and then attached to Gaara. It's unclear whether or not Kishimoto intended Shukaku to be a tailed beast at that point.
Well, Shukaku was revealed within that same arc to be the one-tailed bijuu, so Kishimoto would have to be pretty damn retarded to break continuity in such a short timeframe.

XanBcoo
Fri, 11-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Well, Shukaku was revealed within that same arc to be the one-tailed bijuu, so Kishimoto would have to be pretty damn retarded to break continuity in such a short timeframe.
Really? I know it was assumed that Shukaku was the one-tailed beast, but it was never explicitly stated. It wasn't until Part 2 when we were told that for the first time.

poopdeville
Fri, 11-13-2009, 01:25 PM
At the time I took it to mean that Shukaku was the spirit of the Sand Priest, sealed and then attached to Gaara.

I thought that then, too. In fact, I've always thought that bijuu "grow where hatred festers", like Gaara's attendent said (I think). I thought that was the best part of the Gaara story -- when we found out that the priestess that was sacrificed was his mom. So it makes sense that a human sacrifice could turn into a monster. If we entirely ignore the Jyuubi, it makes sense that Sasuke's hatred is growing and turning into Susanoo-bi.

But Kishimoto has shifted gears since the time jump. "Growing where hatred festers" is too generic in a world with guys like Pein around.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-13-2009, 01:33 PM
he means the badly translated part at the end, where Itachi and Kisame talk to each other, and they say that "gaara is no longer there", chapter 139.

he told Sasuke not to kill Naruto or he'd regret it: Ch 309 P.06. It seems to me like he was trying to save his own life because if he were to be released if Naruto dies, then why would he even warn Sasuke?
I really hated this chapter.. Kyuubi falling apart from the might of the sharingan... hated it.
anyways, what the kyuubi says is basically "this might be the last time we meet, you shouldn't kill naruto, as you would regret doing it", and that's after he says that Sasuke has become as dark and sinister as Madare.
I hardly think it's a threat, it looks more like a warning, like how Kakashi warned him against taking revenge.

fahoumh
Fri, 11-13-2009, 03:52 PM
But why would the Kyuubi care if Sauke became as dark and sinister as Madara? I still see it as the Kyuubi trying to save himself by telling Sasuke not to kill Naruto. :confused:

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-13-2009, 05:57 PM
oh, so there's the root.
you perceive the kyuubi as inherently evil, so you judge his actions and words to fit that scheme of yours.

if you step out of that, and try to judge him from a clean state of mind, you might form a different opinion.

which is to say, that you can choose to interpret his words as "evil" or as "not evil, just somewhat of a jerk", depending of that, your impression of him will change.

FireEmblem
Fri, 11-13-2009, 08:14 PM
One thing to remember is that Madara used the Kyubi to attack Konoha. The time that the 4th sealed it into Naruto. So that means that between the "death" of Madara/his fight with Hashirama, to the time when Madara used the Kyubi again, the Kyubi was either roaming around freely, or Madara was able to summon it from where ever it was.

We don't know exactly how many years passed since Hashirama died, to the point where the Kyubi was used to attack Konoha, but can we believe that it was roaming around freely for all that time?

This could all be Kishimoto's plot holes of course, but that stuff is important in deducing the true nature of those beasts. I mean seriously, if the Kyubi was just chilling around all that time and minding it's own business and never once attacked Konoha out of spite or because of evil, then his personality may not be as what we thought it to be. It is also possible that it wasn't just roaming around freely and was summoned from somewhere.

Also, and what I think is the single most important thing and is being overlooked is the fact that Akatsuki chooses to take the hosts ALIVE, eventhough it has been explicitly stated that a Bijuu+Host combination is stronger than just the Bijuu itself. If killing the host did not have some type of penalty (the bijuu dying), then Akatsuki would have just killed Gaara and captured the 1 tails. Hell, they would have done that for all of them don't you think? I mean at least the weaker ones, cause the 1 tailed Bijuu was weak as shit. Little Naruto + Gamabunta were giving him trouble hahaha. An akatsuki would make fodder of that shit.

I'm gonna go with the Bijuu dies, until it is stated otherwise. The only other explanation that I will accept from Kishi without it pissing me off is that they disappear for some time and are then reborn through whatever plot device allows them to be reborn. This is the only thing that would explain why Akatsuki chose to take them alive and not dead, and why the Kyubi is like "yo don't die". Because really, if the Kyubi would still live if Naruto died, don't you think he would have let Naruto die a long time ago?

Death BOO Z
Sat, 11-14-2009, 08:31 AM
I agree with the 'Limbo' theory (in fact, it's probably the most realistic one), it's just that there's nothing in story to suggest it.
unless you say that the demons go back to the same place where the summon beasts (frogs, snakes, whatever) come from, which raises the question of what makes the difference between the two types.

maybe next arc, after the akatsuki captures all the demon beasts, they go after all the summoners. I won't mind watching them hunt Tsunade.

fahoumh
Sat, 11-14-2009, 09:21 AM
oh, so there's the root.
you perceive the kyuubi as inherently evil, so you judge his actions and words to fit that scheme of yours.

if you step out of that, and try to judge him from a clean state of mind, you might form a different opinion.

which is to say, that you can choose to interpret his words as "evil" or as "not evil, just somewhat of a jerk", depending of that, your impression of him will change.
I never said that...at least that's not what I meant. I'm just suggesting that he warned Sasuke not to kill Naruto so he wouldn't die with him. There's nothing evil about self-preservation.