PDA

View Full Version : Sent items

Archangel
Sat, 11-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Complich mentioned he just loved my lovely suggestions, so here i am again folks

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2913/50201402.jpg

Any way we can add this simple feature to the forum? It's something of a bother to have to go and delete the sent PMs every single time to make room for new ones, especially when you use this feature as often as i do.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-07-2009, 09:16 PM
It took a bit of time to get my head around that, but what you're asking for is the option to TURN OFF "save a copy to sent folder", am I correct?

I would like that feature too. Most of the time I'm not interested in what I wrote already.

Archangel
Sat, 11-07-2009, 09:19 PM
It took a bit of time to get my head around that, but what you're asking for is the option to TURN OFF "save a copy to sent folder", am I correct?

I would like that feature too. Most of the time I'm not interested in what I wrote already.

Yes, that's what i meant

It's hard to understand? Should i word it differently?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Yes, that's what i meant

It's hard to understand? Should i word it differently?

It was hard to understand at first, because at first glance, you seemed to have provided an option for a function (that sent items go into the sent folder automatically).

What confused me was the reason for "providing an option for a function" when such a function not only exists, but is enabled by default.

It took me a few reads to realise that the emphasis lay in making the function optional, rather than the existence of the function itself.

The confusion caused by the last paragraph was more my fault than yours. I thought you might be proposing some sort of linking where deleting an "inbox" message will automatically delete the corresponding "outbox" message so you didn't have to "delete it every time".

complich8
Wed, 11-11-2009, 12:28 PM
So, theoretically that'd show up with the legendary upgrade that isn't going to happen any time soon because I can't find anyone with the skills, ability and free time to rebuild the theme with the new features that newer vb instances use. But ... well, that.

In the meantime, you there's two things I'd like to point out.

You have a link to empty the whole damned folder:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/gallery/files/3/1/2/emptyfolder_original.png

You also have a checkbox that let's you select a whole category of your outbox to delete:
http://forums.gotwoot.net/gallery/files/3/1/2/checkall_original.png

So .... unless you're running in the 95% full category, shouldn't be a big deal.

Also, as a bonus, I've doubled the amount of private messages you can store. So you should have no problems for a while.

Archangel
Wed, 11-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Also, as a bonus, I've doubled the amount of private messages you can store. So you should have no problems for a while.

My first instinct was to say thanks

Then i saw your max for PMs, and i wanted to smack you around a little bit

I'll go with thanks... for now!

Just out of curiosity, do mods also have bigger mail boxes?

Munsu
Wed, 11-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Bigger and better.

TheBladeChild
Thu, 11-12-2009, 06:24 AM
Its not the size that matters its how you use it.

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Its not the size that matters its how you use it.

If its ever used. :D

I just emptied my inbox a few days ago. Damn. Oh well.