PDA

View Full Version : Windows Movie Maker Language Issue

Jman
Wed, 11-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey guys, I'm currently using Korean XP (will be living and working in Korea for a little while), but not well versed enough in Korean to manage Movie Maker in Korean. I've checked out Microsoft and saw that they provide MUI's, but they're all for languages other than English. Anyhow, I have some familiarity with Spanish so I've downloaded mui for the language and followed the instructions to open/run the file, but movie maker still loads in Korean. I suppose the change would not be automatic, so I would like to know if anyone knows the process to apply(?) the mui file so that the menus in movie maker will use the new language.
Thanks in advance

- J

David75
Thu, 11-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Hey guys, I'm currently using Korean XP (will be living and working in Korea for a little while), but not well versed enough in Korean to manage Movie Maker in Korean. I've checked out Microsoft and saw that they provide MUI's, but they're all for languages other than English. Anyhow, I have some familiarity with Spanish so I've downloaded mui for the language and followed the instructions to open/run the file, but movie maker still loads in Korean. I suppose the change would not be automatic, so I would like to know if anyone knows the process to apply(?) the mui file so that the menus in movie maker will use the new language.
Thanks in advance

- J

I might have an idea you would think is silly:
Use a virtualbox, there are free ones for XP, and install movie maker in it.
It'll be slower, since it's a virtualised OS, but you'll be able to install the OS in english, and all the apps you need that aren't overly protected against copy.
Thing is, I don't know if it's easy for you to do just what I described.

An other idea is going to the control panel and check the region and language settings and have them all set to english, sometimes software rely on that for switching to another language.