PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime Winter 2009-2010

Pandadice
Fri, 10-30-2009, 05:59 AM
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8417/winter0910v2expq.th.jpg (http://img402.imageshack.us/i/winter0910v2expq.jpg/)

-

yeah so here's the chart for Winter. yeah I know it's super early, and we're only 4 weeks or so into the fall season, and maybe we could wait for a v2 of the chart before we start discussing. but here's the chart anyways.

-

I think I'll check out:

Durarara
Dance of the Vampire Bund
So.ra.wo.no.to
Katanagatari
Qwaser of Stigmata
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Hidden God
Omamori Himari
Ladies vs Butlers
and heck why not, Chu-Bra

I'm sure I won't completely follow half of those <.<.

-

so I'm sure more anime are gonna be announced other than just these 15, but last year's winter season only had 25 shows, so I'm sure it's not gonna be very many more.

but the thing that gets me is how every single show (total of 9) I'm watching from this fall season (save Kimi ni Todoke) is only 12/13 episodes, and will be ending at the end of the year.. so not only is the lineup not big, it doesn't seem like many shows are gonna carry over either.

But maybe this isn't a bad thing. maybe in stead of a bleaker year, it should be seen as a cleaner year, with quality over quantity.
-
anyways discuss what looks interesting.

Archangel
Fri, 10-30-2009, 07:08 AM
Nothing particularly pops up for me but i guess a couple of those don't look half bad, seems like a decent season at least

darkshadow
Fri, 10-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Simply based on name filtering, I would go for:
DRRR!!
Dance of the Vampire Bund
Katanagatari
Qwaser of Stigmata

The last 2 look stupid/sound meh though.

Kraco
Fri, 10-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Durara. If it's anything like Baccano, it will be worth watching.
Dance in the Vampire Loli of course as the manga is very good.
Nodame Finale is a nobrainer.

I'll also check out
Qwaser of Stigmata because the manga seemed interesting enough from what I can remember of it.
Hidden God could also be worth checking out based on the description.
I'll probably also have a look at Omamori Himamori to see if the catgirl is cute. Katanagatari to see if it has any decent sword fights. Hanamaru Kindergarten I might also have a look at depending on what manner of a series it actually is.

No doubt I will end up watching the first eps of even more than these once the season actually is here.

Sapphire
Fri, 10-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Shinta's influence is making me want to check Chu-Bra out! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Marik
Fri, 10-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Based solely on the summaries.

Omamori Himari
Ladies Vs Butlers!
Chu Bra!!

I'll be checking out these three.

Archangel
Fri, 10-30-2009, 09:23 AM
Based solely on the summaries.

Omamori Himari
Ladies Vs Butlers!
Chu Bra!!

I'll be checking out these three.

So basically, anything with pantsu? :p

Marik
Fri, 10-30-2009, 09:23 AM
You know it. I'm always interested in ecchi/harem stuff.

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Qwaser draw their power from... breast milk? WTF?

Thats the only series that got me attention... but just because of the stupid summary.

MFauli
Fri, 10-30-2009, 10:25 AM
i swear, each season i write how it cant get any worse...and then the next season gets announced and proves me wrong...sigh :/

Archangel
Fri, 10-30-2009, 10:30 AM
i swear, each season i write how it cant get any worse...and then the next season gets announced and proves me wrong...sigh :/

Enough bitching, enjoy it or GTFO

Dark Dragon
Fri, 10-30-2009, 11:01 AM

What do you mean? The current season is great. Kimi no Todoke, Nyan Koi, Raingun, DTB2, Letterbee are all good shows. There's also some on-going ones like FMA and Cross Games that are excellent.

on topic:
Katanagatari is the only one that looks interesting to me due to the unique art.

David75
Fri, 10-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Maybe nodame, although I didn't like Paris Chapter that much.

Penner
Fri, 10-30-2009, 12:50 PM
Qwaser draw their power from... breast milk? WTF?

My exact reaction aswell.

Other than that i'll definately check Dance in the Vampire Bund (the fuck is a Bund?)

Katanagatari looks really weird from that image so ill have a look at that cuz im curious ;P

Might also have a peek a Hidden God.

Pandadice
Fri, 10-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Hanamaru Kindergarten I might also have a look at depending on what manner of a series it actually is.

yeah thats how I'm feeling about Hanamaru.. I dunno what it's actually gonna be like, so I figure I'll check out a PV for it and stuff when it's out.

Yukimura
Fri, 10-30-2009, 03:38 PM
I think I'll check out:
Dance in the Veampire Bund (Come on Shaft)
Durara
Katanagatari
Qwaser
Nodame Finale
Chu-Bra (LOL)

Maybes:
Omamori Himari
Ladies vs Butlers
Hidden God

It seems like most of these have a preexisting manga or novel sources to draw on, what ever happened to original content anime :(

Archangel
Fri, 10-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Dance in the Veampire Bund (Come on Shaft)

Shaft is doing it? I'm there

They all look fairly decent so with the exception of Nodame and Kewpie i think i'll give all of them a chance

Pandadice
Fri, 10-30-2009, 04:31 PM
It seems like most of these have a preexisting manga or novel sources to draw on, what ever happened to original content anime :(

So.Ra.No.Wo.To is the original content :\

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Omamori Himari is the only series that interests me on that chart, surprising given how many I am usually looking forward to. I've read parts of the manga, though I definitely fell behind, and I greatly enjoyed it. Himari is an excellent catgirl.

I read some of that vampire story, but it didn't click with me at all.

Yukimura
Fri, 10-30-2009, 05:45 PM
So.Ra.No.Wo.To is the original content :\

Oh well that's good, though I have this inkling that So.Ra.No.Wo.To will be something like K-On + War.

Pandadice
Fri, 10-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh well that's good, though I have this inkling that So.Ra.No.Wo.To will be something like K-On + War.

yeah, I'm kind of expecting a Strike Witches meets K-On for that series.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-31-2009, 12:18 AM
At first glance (like a 20 second glance), Dance of the Vampire Bunds caught my eye. I'll wait for promotional material to decide the rest.

(Boy who manipulates iron from power drawn from breast milk made me LOL)

Pandadice
Sat, 10-31-2009, 02:59 AM
there is a Dance of the Vampire Bund PV out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmOEHatpuEA

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-31-2009, 03:15 AM
there is a Dance of the Vampire Bund PV out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmOEHatpuEA

Thanks for that. It's a must-watch now.

Most loli-vampires are.

Pandadice
Sun, 12-06-2009, 03:41 PM
V2s out. I'll edit it into the first post.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8417/winter0910v2expq.th.jpg (http://img402.imageshack.us/i/winter0910v2expq.jpg/)

nice new Denpa teki na Kanojo ep.

so Katanagatari is an OVA? even more certain I'll watch it then. I really wanna watch Tears to Tiara at some point soon though, just to see how White Foxes premiere production turned out, and then I can compare it to Katanagatari, their second series to produce.

Though I'm not entirely sure what Dante's Inferno is (i thought it was a game or something O_o), it having multiple studio's names on it makes it appear as an anthology of sorts, so I'll definitely check it out.

The same with Halo Legends. Looking forward to the third installment in the "western franchise that gets an anime anthology" list. Though from reading the news about HL, from the start it doesn't seem like it'll be as good as either of the previous anthologies (batman gotham knight, and the animatrix). (but maybe that's just cause I've never been big into halo :\)

I'll check out Boku, Otaryman, and Aki Sora (lol, it looks like KissxSis meets Kanokon xD).

I'm still not sure if I'll be watching the new Fate/Stay Night summery reproductions or whatever they are. I'm thinking I should just to refresh my memory of the series, in prep for the movie :\. which I guess it what they're there for <.<.

Tokimeki OVA looks interesting, but I think I'll wait to watch the TV series before it.

MFauli
Sun, 12-06-2009, 03:52 PM
So, unless your into the whole "hot girl does something something"-genre, theres not a single show for you that season. Awesome.

Testarossa Autodrive
Sun, 12-06-2009, 04:01 PM
So, unless your into the whole "hot girl does something something"-genre, theres not a single show for you that season. Awesome.

That pretty much seems to be the case. :mad:

RyougaZell
Sun, 12-06-2009, 04:12 PM
The Fate/Stay Night reproduction is a given. I hope they make it HD as well.

Dance in the Vampire Bund is the only one the looks interesting out of all the rest.

Though I may check Qwaser of Stigmata only because its premise its completely ridiculous. Drawing power from Breast Milk? WTF?

animus
Sun, 12-06-2009, 04:24 PM
I hope they don't skimp on the nudity in Vampire Bund since it's done by SHAFT. The manga is VERY heavy in nudity, at least from what I recall.

Pandadice
Sun, 12-06-2009, 05:22 PM

there's Durarara D:. which looks and sounds like Baccano only set in modern day Japan.

unless of course you just mean you want a series that's entirely without females O_o

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Nothing much really changes for me.

Omamori Himari because I enjoyed the manga. That image is not a good representation of what the series is about by the way. It's a bit more like Kekkaishi meets Ashita no Yoichi. I'm guessing this is only a 12 episode series though.

Also, after re-reading the manga and enjoying it quite a bit more, Dance in the Vampire Bund. I've got high hopes for it because SHAFT can get away with a lot using their style. What normally might get censored gets a pass with their artistic spin, and tends to actually come off quite a bit more disturbing by not showing it realistically (ef and Bakemonogatari). They also have a good handle on loli-vampire shows (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=2478).

edit: Nothing to worry about with Vampire Bund. There's a couple promos floating around, and there's plenty of blood.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 12-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Omamori Himari will likely not reach the good parts because of episode length, or will get brutally massacred by cutting out or replacement of material.

Dance in the Vampire Bund is absolutely awesome. There are awesome fight scenes that will greatly benefit anime treatment (if Shaft has enough budget to actually animate), especially with the volumes currently not translated. Hopefully, the anime will cover those as well. I just hope they keep the loli nudity. Most of them are not sexual in nature anyway.

Denpa teki na Kanojo is already out it seems. Aside from that, the rest look like generic crap. I hope I am mistaken though. I wouldn't want to spend winter season catching up on slice of life anime that I stalled on, such as Aria.

And before I get killed by Ryllharu or Kraco, Aria is a great show. It is just too relaxing for my current situation. I was saving it for when things get hectic so I can relax, not when I am bored without anything to watch.

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Omamori Himari will likely not reach the good parts because of episode length, or will get brutally massacred by cutting out or replacement of material.

And before I get killed by Ryllharu or Kraco, Aria is a great show. It is just too relaxing for my current situation. I was saving it for when things get hectic so I can relax, not when I am bored without anything to watch.
That's what I am afraid of with Omamori Himari. There really hasn't been that much of the manga out as is. If there are that many characters in the promotional image, they're probably going to rush and butcher it.

offtopic:
There is a reason I have yet to rewatch ARIA from start to finish. It is very similar to your own. Life has not nearly been as stressful as it was in college, so I am saving its uncanny ability to unwind me no matter how horrible the the day may have been until I need it.

It's the same reason I rarely listen to the soundtrack (and never in the car!) despite Choro Club's excellent music.

masamuneehs
Sun, 12-06-2009, 09:28 PM
[11:06] <masamune> oh. winter 09-10 animes http://img402.imageshack.us/i/winter0910v2expq.jpg/
[11:07] <masamune> the guys who made Baccano! - check (even if it is a "love story")
[11:08] <masamune> wtf
[11:08] <masamune> some of these descriptions make me want to laugh and cry at the same time
[11:10] <masamune> the description for Qwaser is absolute WTFsauce
[11:11] <!Yukimura> lol draws his power from breast milk
[11:11] <masamune> yeah
[11:12] <masamune> love how they just casually throw that in there
[11:13] <masamune> school setting, girl meets mysterious boy, battle between poorly-named super-powered whoevers. WAIT! where is the comic sexual caveat? quick, Yamada! get me a potentially funny sexual caveat for the main character that hasn't been done before!
[11:13] <masamune> Yamada: um... .... like what? you mean something completely stupid like, instead of being a vampire who needs blood (done before), he needs breast milk or....
[11:13] <masamune> YES
[11:14] <masamune> BREAST MILK
[11:14] <!Yukimura> Studio Exec: Best. Idea. Ever
[11:14] <!Yukimura> even better than that manga about he guy who drinks the girls spit
[11:14] <!Yukimura> except that it's not
[11:14] <!Yukimura> they should have made that into a manga
[11:14] <!Yukimura> *anime
[11:15] <masamune> they are so out of premises
[11:15] <masamune> the well of good ideas is bone dry
[11:15] <masamune> but everyone is too afraid to try and produce something that doesnt have a thrilling frill or an erotic exotic
[11:16] <masamune> because then they'll find out they really have no talent
[11:17] <masamune> EXEC: "You know what we haven't done in years? A show about normal Japanese cops chasing down realistic Japanese and international Yakuza."
[11:17] <masamune> STUDIO: "but, sir... we DONT KNOW HOW to do that!"

and, i second MFauli's sentiment. if you haven't fapped to 2D girls before, there is almost no way you could get into the majority of the shows produced this past year and a half (maybe two years, even)

Durararara (if it's anything like Baccano!, indeed, Kraco)
Dances with Bunds (since everyone here seems to think highly of it, and the bits of manga I've glimpsed are quite good)
Gag Manga Biyori+ (because it seems the only thing manga and anime is good for now is as fodder for spoofs and derision by other manga/ anime)

i was almost, almost, almost sure i was going to get my yearly military anime fix with So Ra No O To, but then i saw it was just K-ON in Amuro's clothing.

Board of Command
Mon, 12-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Durarara!! - From the creators of Baccano with a similar Pulp Fiction-esque premise. What's not to like?

Vampire Bund - Nudity. Violence. Shaft.

Nodame Cantabile Finale - Nodame has always been excellent.

Omamori Himari - I'm currently scheduled to encode this for SFW, so I'm kinda obligated to also watch it.

Chu-Bra - Obligatory echii series.

KitKat
Mon, 12-07-2009, 05:30 PM
What a dismal season. I'll be picking up the end of Nodame, and that's about all methinks.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-08-2009, 01:18 AM
So far, only Dance in the Vampire Bund has caught my eye. I will probably pick up stuff that I missed this season, like that flying-panstu anime. (Sora no Oto-something)

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 12-08-2009, 03:21 PM
What's the story with the Fate remake?

Kraco
Tue, 12-08-2009, 05:03 PM
According to ANN it seems to be a 2 x 60 mins bluray compilation of the series with reediting and some new music tracks.

Pandadice
Tue, 12-29-2009, 06:44 PM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-12-29/crunchyroll-lists-durarara-chu-bra-among-its-anime

and CR's claims start off with Durarara and Chu-Bra (wait, lol, chu-bra? did they pay money for that?).

guess this means we can expect certain groups to be avoiding these titles, while expecting consistent horriblesub releases.. one less thing on gg's list i guess <.<.

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-30-2009, 07:34 AM
RandomC's Winter Preview (http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/12/30/winter-2010-preview/)

-------------------------------------

That hasn't really changed much in what I'll initially try.

Dance In The Vampire Bund

Omamori Himari

Ookami Kakushi

I seem to be running the supernatural theme this season. Just for fun I'll probably try Ladies versus Butlers! because of the insanely large twin drills.

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-30-2009, 07:51 AM
I just realized there is: "Halo Legends"?

wtf...

darkshadow
Wed, 12-30-2009, 08:17 AM
xblive members could already have watched some of the Halo Legeds eps ( 4 in total I think), they were pretty badass.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Well, as expected, more shows appealed to me after seeing some promotional material.

Pretty pumped about:

So-Ra-No-Wo-To - love the setting, music sounded good.

Dance in the Vampire Bund - need I say more?

Harukanaru Toki no Naka de 3: Owari Naki Unmei - feel like watching a bishounen show since my last was probably Vampire Knight S2.

Katanagatari - music caught my attention, sounds interesting.

-----------------------------------

Rather hopeful about:

Ookami Kakushi - interesting enough I guess

Hanaman Youshien - comedy may deliver

------------------------------------

Intend to check out:

Ladies vs Butlers

Omamori Himari

Baka to Test to Shakanjuu

Seikon no Quasar - I'd probably be more interested in this show if it didn't have the sexual references.

MFauli
Wed, 12-30-2009, 01:36 PM
not a single thing that takes my interest.

well, is that a Fate Stay Night-remake? If so, remake in what way? Alternative end, new characters, etc.?

Archangel
Wed, 12-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Seikon no Quasar[/B] - I'd probably be more interested in this show if it didn't have the sexual references.

Sure you would...

Pandadice
Wed, 12-30-2009, 03:50 PM
not a single thing that takes my interest.

well, is that a Fate Stay Night-remake? If so, remake in what way? Alternative end, new characters, etc.?

it's like a summery i think. condensing the tv series into a 2 ep (hour long each?) OVA.

MFauli
Wed, 12-30-2009, 04:08 PM
it's like a summery i think. condensing the tv series into a 2 ep (hour long each?) OVA.

sigh, and there i thought thereŽd be at least something interesting...oh well.

*looks at your avatar* These were the days of great anime...

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-30-2009, 04:57 PM
well, the FSN movie with different plot/ending airs one day later

Archangel
Wed, 12-30-2009, 05:07 PM
And then there's the 6 month wait for the DVD and Bluray right?

Kraco
Wed, 12-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Yeah. Definitely won't be a winter anime for us. Summer, more likely.

After watching the previews I pretty much maintain my initial interest list except for Hanamaru Kindergarten, which I originally intended to check. However, the trailer convinced me not to bother. I doubt I could even stand to listen to the voices of the girls.

Pandadice
Wed, 12-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Yeah. Definitely won't be a winter anime for us. Summer, more likely.

After watching the previews I pretty much maintain my initial interest list except for Hanamaru Kindergarten, which I originally intended to check. However, the trailer convinced me not to bother. I doubt I could even stand to listen to the voices of the girls.

dude, Spring is gonna be where it's at.

Angel Beats!, Kissxsis, Ironman, Black Rock Shooter, and some anime by the director of Mind Game. plus Despera, and Alive are airing at some point next year :D

and F/SN movie, Haruhi movie, Trigun movie, Bungaku Shoujo, Loups=Garous, and Kiss and Cry, and new lupin III for movies :D

and Buddha Saitan and King of Thorn's have to have subs out at some point.

2010 is gonna be awesome ^^

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Sure you would...

Of course I would. The original setting sounded like a somewhat mysterious setting with pseudo-religions references and conspiracies with probably secret factions who have been fighting each other since the dawn of Christianity for some ideological difference or other.

Now they've added hardcore fanservice, and have no choice but to focus on that too.

Archangel
Wed, 12-30-2009, 07:28 PM
It's a D. Gray-Man ripoff with tits, don't kid yourself

It will be just what queen's blade was, everything will be amazingly done except for the fucking plot

RyougaZell
Thu, 12-31-2009, 03:50 PM
RandomC's Winter Preview (http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/12/30/winter-2010-preview/)

After watching the preview that Ryll posted (RandomC I usually visit... curiously enough I missed the preview this time... dang) this is what I'll check:

Definitely:
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Ookami Kakushi

And this series I'll check at least the first episode in order to decide to continue or not:
Durarara
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
So-Ra-No-Wo-To
Seikon no Qwaser

I wasn't that excited for this season, but suddenly I found myself interested in 6 shows at least. That's why I like video previews.

Sapphire
Sat, 02-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Here is a video for Angel Beats! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DryAxOFNWEM

If it's like Kanon and Clannad, I can't wait to see it. The music is amazing too!

Pandadice
Sat, 02-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Here is a video for Angel Beats! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DryAxOFNWEM

If it's like Kanon and Clannad, I can't wait to see it. The music is amazing too!

KyoAni isn't animating it, and Tatsuya Ishihara isn't directing it. I'm not expecting it to be nearly as good as the other 3 Key works.

In stead we've got the animation studio of True Tears, with the director of Ragnarok the Animation. O_o. The only positive thing this has going for it so far is a good OST :\

also, Spring season is gonna be so awesome D:

angel beats, k-on 2, kissxsis, Ironman, Heroman, Black Rock Shooter, Yojou-Han Shinwa Taikei, Senkou no Night Raid.. I'm anticipating so many D: