PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 562

Marik
Thu, 10-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Franky-House

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4w2yny4g2mx) | SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/hziijv) | MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7I6YA2EE) | One Manga (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/562/01/)

Binktopia

Download (http://dl02.mangashare.com/One_Piece_562%5BBinktopia%5D.zip) | Online Viewing (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-562/page001.html)

Assertn
Thu, 10-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Franky-House's translations are terrible in this chapter. I definitely recommend reading Binktopia's.

That being said... damn...

poopdeville
Thu, 10-29-2009, 12:18 PM
It's a surprise it was that dude of all people, but we pretty much always expected somebody to swoop in and do it.

FireEmblem
Thu, 10-29-2009, 12:21 PM
When he was "arbitrarily" missing a few chapters ago, I knew it was something suspicious. Why would Oda write that part in. Now we see why. I wonder if Whitebeard will just kill this guy and move on in a weakened state or what...

Goddamn this is too tense!

And yeah that FH translation was so terrible, jesus.

joker-kun
Thu, 10-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Just to note: if anyone forgot, Squardo (sp?) was the captain that WB tried to contact but went missing - http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-559/page006.html

This chapter surprised me. I know this is probably not the end of WB, but he surely has a dent in him now. I have heard some other people speculating that maybe he'll just go kamikaze before he dies. Either way This I think certainly sets the stage for something even bigger to come.

And to back up what Assertn said: the binktopia scan is MUCH better.

Archangel
Thu, 10-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Jesus... i sure as hell didn't see that one coming.

Even being the man closest to One Piece, i don't think a sword in the chest is something he'll be able to brush off so easily. I wonder if this means that guy actually belongs to one of the CP units

chambers
Thu, 10-29-2009, 01:05 PM
its quite possible donflamingo is controlling him, or hes an ally of blackbeard or somthing,

Archangel
Thu, 10-29-2009, 01:13 PM
its quite possible donflamingo is controlling him, or hes an ally of blackbeard or somthing,

I don't think he can control people at such a long distance and BB already has a swordsman so the chances are slim too. I'm putting my money on government spy

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-29-2009, 01:20 PM
I keep expecting the real Kuma to start attacking the marines, specially after they showed him with just an '...' dialogue.

And LOL at the Buggy idiocy. I hope they keep filming this for the world.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 10-29-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm going to have to re-read this entire shit, this came out of nowhere...

Assertn
Thu, 10-29-2009, 03:30 PM
As long as they have the camera, the execution of Ace can't begin. Looks like Buggy might save him.

Archangel
Thu, 10-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Honestly i don't think Ace was ever the main target

I'm sure they won't let him go ( not willingly anyway ) but at this point i think we can call this the wg's victory no matter what happens

Sentenal
Thu, 10-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Honestly i don't think Ace was ever the main target

I'm sure they won't let him go ( not willingly anyway ) but at this point i think we can call this the wg's victory no matter what happens
What if most of the Marine Admirals, Shichibukai, and Pacifista are defeated? Even if Whitebeard does die, that doesn't necessarily make it the WG's victory not matter what, considering that their main fighting force can still get destroyed here.

Archangel
Thu, 10-29-2009, 05:55 PM
What if most of the Marine Admirals, Shichibukai, and Pacifista are defeated? Even if Whitebeard does die, that doesn't necessarily make it the WG's victory not matter what, considering that their main fighting force can still get destroyed here.

Yes, because having their leader and master strategist gutted in front of them is just the kind of inspiration they needed to turn the tide of the battle around

poopdeville
Thu, 10-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Whitebeard was hardly a master tactician. His plan consisted of charging in with all his might, despite attacks from the rear. Even Luffy had a better strategy for rescuing Ace. If Whitebeard had shown up at Impel Down at the same time Luffy did, Ace would have been rescued. Heck, I bet Marco alone could have rescued Ace.

Anyway, I'm guessing Whitebeard was the only person on the battlefield with the kind of haki capable of negating Logia fruits. Except for Luffy, in an obvious twist.

Assertn
Thu, 10-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Marco landed an attack on Kizaru, Jose got a square blow on Crocodile, and Hancock was faring pretty well on Smoker...

Regardless of what happens to WB, its not like the pirates can just retreat. This is a battle to the death for both sides.

Augury
Thu, 10-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Judging from his lines before he stabbed Whitebeard, Squardo is quite aware of what he's about to do so he's not being controlled. I'm guessing government spy or personal ambition for Squardo too.

Also, I didn't find Buggy amusing in the previous chapters, but his antics this time got me to laugh.

Sentenal
Thu, 10-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Yes, because having their leader and master strategist gutted in front of them is just the kind of inspiration they needed to turn the tide of the battle around
No, you said now that Whitebeard got run through by Squardo, it would be the World Government's victory, no matter what happens. That means even if somehow the Pirates manage to wipe out all of the Marines, the WG still wins. Which is obviously not true. Whitebeard getting stabbed doesn't guarantee WG victory. Hell, it might throw some of the Whitebeard Crew into a rage, causing them to fight even harder.

Assertn
Thu, 10-29-2009, 10:44 PM
I still think the World Government has to win in order to maintain a presence in the series.
After all, they still have to battle against the revolutionaries, and then try to awaken one of the lost weapons from the blank era.

Archangel
Fri, 10-30-2009, 05:06 AM
No, you said now that Whitebeard got run through by Squardo, it would be the World Government's victory, no matter what happens. That means even if somehow the Pirates manage to wipe out all of the Marines, the WG still wins. Which is obviously not true. Whitebeard getting stabbed doesn't guarantee WG victory. Hell, it might throw some of the Whitebeard Crew into a rage, causing them to fight even harder.

I meant it within reason. If someone releases a deadly virus and all of them are killed then yeah i guess it wouldn't be the wg's win but somehow i just don't see that happening.

animus
Fri, 10-30-2009, 09:34 AM
So I guess Whitebeard isn't a Logia type maybe?

Archangel
Fri, 10-30-2009, 09:38 AM
So I guess Whitebeard isn't a Logia type maybe?

They already mentioned he has the paramecia Earthquake fruit

animus
Fri, 10-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Source? I was pretty sure the chapters just mentioned he was a Quake Man, eating the Quake fruit.

Archangel
Fri, 10-30-2009, 11:35 AM
... and the difference is? He can create shock waves that produce earthquakes ( or tsunamis seeing as he's usually in the sea )

Seeing as it isn't either an element or an animal the only logical outcome is a paramecia

Assertn
Fri, 10-30-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't remember where I read it either... but I was pretty certain he was a paramecia type as well.

Probably from the fact that Jose and Marco bothered to protect Whitebeard from attacks that any logia could've withstood.

chambers
Fri, 10-30-2009, 12:28 PM
well you have to remember that the WG MUST score a crushing victory over the whitebeard pirates here... if even 1 admiral or major force of the navy is defeated it could spell disaster for them in the future, since each yonkou is likley as strong (yet smaller in numbers) as whitebeard, even though hes acknowledged as the strongest at the moment.

Losing 1 admiral, 1/3rd of there top end power (assuming the pacifista are not equal to them) would be a massive blow.... i think we really need to see whitebeard in action to get a real clue just how different in power the yonkou are compared to the people we have already seen

joker-kun
Fri, 10-30-2009, 01:58 PM
WB dying is starting to seem like the most likely to me (not just cause he was stabbed through the stomach). It almost seems like the pirate age right now is stagnant with the four yonkou on one side, and the WG on the other, and both forces too cautious to move.

If WB goes down suddenly all of the pirates allied to WB are again going after one piece for themselves rather than supporting WB and being too intimidated and loyal to cross him. All the islands (i.e. fishman island) no longer have protection. The three remaining yonkou would suddenly be on the move again. It could almost be a rebirth of sorts for the pirate age.

Also the WG gaining control over the world could also help this cause. Rather than being able to sit stagnant with power (the yonkou, alot of the new world pirates) they will not just have an opportunity to move again, but be forced to do so.

The same argument can be made if the WG goes down, but obviously it's doubtful all their forces will be annihilated. I don't know. I originally thought Garp or Ace would die, but now I think WB is going to go down kamikaze style (and die with a smile on his face) while putting a decently sized dent in the WG, but as I said, it will throw the pirate world into a new age - one with pirates as clear-cut underdogs and will have to fight rather than sitting around. A righteous war of sorts.

chambers
Sat, 10-31-2009, 12:55 PM
it would be nice to see WB die and ace become captain of the WB pirates, just like they said a few chapters ago. Ace would make a superb opponent for luffy to race for OP...

FireEmblem
Tue, 11-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Ace isn't fit to lead and it would be pretty stupid if they just made him the leader. He was right when he said that it was his own cockiness and arrogance that got him where he is.

Archangel
Wed, 11-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Ace isn't fit to lead and it would be pretty stupid if they just made him the leader. He was right when he said that it was his own cockiness and arrogance that got him where he is.

Yeah, but Luffy is? :confused:

FireEmblem
Wed, 11-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Yeah, but Luffy is? :confused:

Luffy leads how many pirates under his flag? Whitebeard leads how many under his? :confused:

There is absolutely no way you could compare the type of leadership required to lead the Whitebeard Pirates vs. what Luffy does as captain of the Strawhats. Also, Ace is outranked by Marco in the WB Pirates. It's obvious that that's with good reason too from what we've seen of him in this war.

Assertn
Wed, 11-04-2009, 01:30 PM
It seemed pretty unanimous that everyone in the WB crew wants Ace to become the pirate king...

rockmanj
Wed, 11-04-2009, 01:47 PM
And I think Ace led a whole contingent of ships; he was a "division captain" if I am not mistaken. with assistance, I am sure he could lead a larger contingent.

FireEmblem
Wed, 11-04-2009, 03:20 PM
It seemed pretty unanimous that everyone in the WB crew wants Ace to become the pirate king...

They definitely all want him to be, but do you think he's ready for that? That if Whitebeard died this instant, they'd make him the leader?

Even if that is likely to happen, it wouldn't make as much sense as making someone that is actually more fit to lead the leader.