PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 561

Marik
Thu, 10-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Binktopia

Download (http://dl02.mangashare.com/One_Piece_561%5BBinktopia%5D.zip) | Online Viewing (http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-561/page001.html)

Death BOO Z
Thu, 10-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Lol @ Buggy.

he's got the power of friendship, it's like the most powerful virus.

rockmanj
Thu, 10-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Jesus, an army of Kumas? Tres shady, that world government.

Archangel
Thu, 10-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Holy crap, a army of Pxs

Looks like the battle is entering its final stage. Good, all the awesomeness was getting monotonous. We need some plot/character development now

UChessmaster
Thu, 10-22-2009, 03:58 PM
If Whitebeard has a trick up his sleeve, NOW is the time to use it.

Sentenal
Thu, 10-22-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm still hoping for Dragon to make an appearance.

Assertn
Thu, 10-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Dragon showing up would be a perfect twist, since Sengoku is certainly confident that the current situation is at his advantage. I still think Ace is going to die, but I really don't know how the rest of this war will pan out.

Archangel
Thu, 10-22-2009, 06:50 PM
I love his character, but Ace's death would add a whole new meaning to Luffy's journey and would make the whole series even more perfect in my eyes

As for Dragon showing up i wouldn't count on it, i don't think he gives a flying fuck about Ace

Assertn
Thu, 10-22-2009, 06:54 PM
No, but he wants the world government to lose. Right now, while there's chaos, is probably the best time for that to happen.

Sentenal
Thu, 10-22-2009, 06:58 PM
He may not care about Ace, but he probably cares about Luffy. And who knows, maybe Oda has some connection between Dragon and Roger, giving him a reason to save Ace.

I don't think One Piece is a dark enough show to have Ace get executed like this.

Assertn
Thu, 10-22-2009, 07:01 PM
There was too much foreshadowing for Ace not to die.

Sentenal
Thu, 10-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Doesn't seem too much different from when Robin was going to get taken away to Marine HQ back in the Enies Lobby arc.

UChessmaster
Thu, 10-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Guys... this is one piece, no character from the present dies.

Paper
Thu, 10-22-2009, 10:01 PM
oh shit, enough paw prints to take over the world. . . .There is way to much foreshadowing that Ace will die, there is no way Oda would've let whitebeard squad get the upper hand for about 5-6 chapters, just for luffy and crew to save him, the goverment is using Ace to set another example before luffy reach the new world. Ace death = power up for luffy to be on the higher level then majority of white beard's crew

boilerph
Fri, 10-23-2009, 07:24 AM
This is the first chapter in a while that just wasn't that great to me. Yeah the Px's are a big deal to the normal pirates but unless they've had major upgrades any one of Whitebeard's Division Commanders could take them all by themselves.

As for someone show up I'm betting on Shanks. he has ties to both brothers and maybe Lola's mom showed up and took over his fight with Kaidou.

i don't see as much foreshadowing as everyone else is saying. They've showed bots of Ace's past and then cut to him saying he's ready to die a bunch of times just like Robin with Cp7. Also I don't think Luffy falls into the normal Shonen I got randomly stronger because someone close to me died category. His goofyness is not a hindrance and I don't see them using Ace's death to serious him up. I just don't see a way that Ace's death gives him a boost, this isn't Naruto. i do think someone close to Luffy will eventually die, but I think it will be Shanks. Shanks will pass on how to control Haki and then bite the bullet.

Tyreal
Fri, 10-23-2009, 08:47 AM
His goofyness is not a hindrance and I don't see them using Ace's death to serious him up. I just don't see a way that Ace's death gives him a boost, this isn't Naruto.

What about his massive burst of haki when Hancock's sisters were about to kill those Amazon's on Amazon Lilly? I'd call that a power up and Luffy only just met them, not to mention we haven't really heard much about his haki other than that and an off the side comment by Blackbeard. I think it's more than possible that Ace's death (or Ace being about to be killed) could help release his enormous haki.

There is also Blackbear to think about. He could turn up with whatever it is he went to Impel Down for and cause the battlefield to become even more chaotic and possibly even save Luffy/Ace/Other Pirates (albeit not on purpose).

chambers
Fri, 10-23-2009, 02:03 PM
yeah im betting on what ty said, i think we will reach a seemingly insurmountable ending to the fight eventually (which may have just happend) and blackbeard will show up and execute whitebeard on the spot. its GOT to be some huge curve ball like that is gonna be thrown at us..... the world government just cannot be allowed to have a clean victory like this since the possibilities of both taking out a yonkou AND moria gaining so much power for his army would really shift the balance of power.

poopdeville
Fri, 10-23-2009, 02:32 PM
I think it's more than possible that Ace's death (or Ace being about to be killed) could help release his enormous haki.

It would be pretty sweet if he was in the middle of a 3rd Gear Jet Gattling when his haki came off. That would make the WG crap their pants.

Haki is basically (as I read it) how Luffy beat Crocodile. He yelled "I'm going to be the pirate king" and hit him with Storm.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/209/15/

In fact, Luffy negated Crocodile's logia fruit by punching through Crocodile's final attack, despite the fact that rubber is vulnerable to blades.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-23-2009, 03:12 PM
wasn't it because he used his own blood to substitute for water, which is croc's elemental weakness?

poopdeville
Fri, 10-23-2009, 03:37 PM
On the one hand, you are absolutely correct. On the other, I don't think Luffy has any sort of "knock out" power unless he's yelling something passionately.

Archangel
Fri, 10-23-2009, 04:05 PM
I think it's more than possible that Ace's death (or Ace being about to be killed) could help release his enormous haki.

Not to mention it would put a stop to those DBZ comparisons amirite?

On the one hand, you are absolutely correct. On the other, I don't think Luffy has any sort of "knock out" power unless he's yelling something passionately.

You're confusing shonen powerups with Haki.

Assertn
Fri, 10-23-2009, 04:16 PM
i don't see as much foreshadowing as everyone else is saying. They've showed bots of Ace's past and then cut to him saying he's ready to die a bunch of times just like Robin with Cp7.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/19/

Archangel
Fri, 10-23-2009, 04:24 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/441/19/

That does indeed prove that something big is going to happen but it doesn't necessarily mean Ace is going to be the one to die.

You could make quite the valid point that the one to go will be Whitebeard, since his death would not only make the World Government more powerful in the eyes of the people as it would also cause a power struggle between the 3 remaining Yonkous

Sentenal
Fri, 10-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Luffy hit him because of the blood IIRC, and it had knock out power since he hit him really hard. Luffy used the same move vs Aokiji, and it didn't have an effect.

joker-kun
Fri, 10-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Dragon showing up would be a perfect twist, since Sengoku is certainly confident that the current situation is at his advantage. I still think Ace is going to die, but I really don't know how the rest of this war will pan out.

I agree, Dragon showing up now would not only be an awesome twist but just awesome in general. Regardless of if he cares for Ace or not this is still a huge opportunity for him and his revolutionaries, not to mention Iva is a huge member of the Revolutionary Army and this gives Dragon a chance to reunite with him.

I think alot of readers also forget that chapter awhile back (don't remember which) where Dragon pretty much states he will meet Luffy soon - so it will happen, why not when he is saving Luffy's adopted brother, or atleast one of his own high ranking officials? Plus he may be a tad pissed about what has happened to Kuma, or this entire time Kuma could have been sacrificing himself for the Revolutionaries and this is their chance to strike. (as an aside we still don't know what Kuma whispered to Rayliegh either).

There is also the question of alliances: who's to say Dragon is not allied with some pirates (i.e. the Yonkou)? Their goals coincide in regards to the WG.

When all is said and done I still believe one of Ace, Whitebeard, or Garp will die, and since everyone is pulling for Luffy to have his big powerup it is likely to be Ace or Garp. Garp's death would bring about the same effects that Ace's would for the most part, not to mention it would be a death if a 'D'. Big stuff.